PDA

View Full Version : If the Warriors win the championship, does it hurt KD's legacy even more?

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2022, 05:13 AM
Won before him, won after him. All they needed to replace him was Andrew Wiggins and Jordan Poole.

:confusedshrug:

RRR3
05-23-2022, 05:17 AM
Yeah it makes his rings look completely worthless. That said even though a team has never won with KD as their best player it should be logically obvious to anyone that it is possible for that to happen. Many people won’t believe it though, especially if the Warriors win this year.

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2022, 05:32 AM
Yeah it makes his rings look completely worthless. That said even though a team has never won with KD as their best player it should be logically obvious to anyone that it is possible for that to happen. Many people won’t believe it though, especially if the Warriors win this year.

Correct, but the same is true for the Charles Barkley and Karl Malone crowd. I can't put KD above those cats; even if he technically has two championships.

Sulico
05-23-2022, 05:33 AM
It does, no way around it.

He was stupid to join Warriors.

He was stupid to leave them.

No redemption for him other than winning on his own.

coin24
05-23-2022, 06:02 AM
It does, no way around it.

He was stupid to join Warriors.

He was stupid to leave them.

No redemption for him other than winning on his own.

Pretty much this. The guy makes some really stupid decisions. Teaming up with kryrie especially

GimmeThat
05-23-2022, 06:38 AM
just means Steve Kerr has a higher winning % in the finals when the talent is top heavier

DMAVS41
05-23-2022, 06:51 AM
Of course, but KD got a huge legacy boost from those two rings (sad, but true) and is already being favorably compared to some of the best players ever. As I've written for a long time here...Durant gets over-rated on here and the mainstream media imo...

I'd imagine that if the Warriors win the title here...the thoughts about KD and his place in NBA history come back down to earth a bit...at least until he actually does something to warrant where most currently put him...which is a great thing.

KD is great, but he should have to earn this shit.

We used to argue if the Warriors could have still won with average to good wings...and my take was always yes...harder, but they were a championship core. Years later outside of their peak...with a severely diminished Klay...pretty strong evidence for this being true.

Axe
05-23-2022, 07:15 AM
just means Steve Kerr has a higher winning % in the finals when the talent is top heavier
The warriors became lucky again since iggy came back. Even if they're a dynasty that's supposed to be dead or irrelevant by now already. Hate to say that but that's the truth about their soap opera.

Phoenix
05-23-2022, 07:32 AM
It's a bad look since the Warriors are more or less right back where they were 3 years after KD leaves. Presumably they may have won a title in 20 or 21 if Klay was healthy. They have a framework and continuity that endures. I hope Boston gets to the finals, I think that's a more intriguing matchup than Miami ( no offense to Heat fans).

The worst thing for KD in terms of optics, moreso than him leaving, is that the Brooklyn experiment has completely flopped on its face.

Shogon
05-23-2022, 07:51 AM
Of course, but KD got a huge legacy boost from those two rings (sad, but true) and is already being favorably compared to some of the best players ever. As I've written for a long time here...Durant gets over-rated on here and the mainstream media imo...

I'd imagine that if the Warriors win the title here...the thoughts about KD and his place in NBA history come back down to earth a bit...at least until he actually does something to warrant where most currently put him...which is a great thing.

KD is great, but he should have to earn this shit.

We used to argue if the Warriors could have still won with average to good wings...and my take was always yes...harder, but they were a championship core. Years later outside of their peak...with a severely diminished Klay...pretty strong evidence for this being true.

KD doesn't get a legacy boost for the GS rings by anyone who evaluates things from a non emotional standpoint.

KD is a top 20 NBA player all time and that's where he already was before the rings and where he falls after the rings. Some media members give him a legacy boost but that's because they're either retarded or more likely, they're trying to sell a narrative. The media plays into hyperbolic viewpoints a lot, even sports media. Everything today has to be clickbait driven to compete with the internet so you get increasingly bad takes designed to draw views.

Kevin Durant is probably the first or second best 1 on 1 player in NBA history and "that's about it."

NBA is 5 on 5, not 1 on 1 or 1 on 5 though this board likes to treat it as such.

RRR3
05-23-2022, 08:16 AM
It's a bad look since the Warriors are more or less right back where they were 3 years after KD leaves. Presumably they may have won a title in 20 or 21 if Klay was healthy. They have a framework and continuity that endures. I hope Boston gets to the finals, I think that's a more intriguing matchup than Miami ( no offense to Heat fans).

The worst thing for KD in terms of optics, moreso than him leaving, is that the Brooklyn experiment has completely flopped on its face.
3 years but the only reason it took 3 years was because this is the first year both Curry and Klay are healthy since Durant’s last season there.

Durant is honestly lucky they both missed 19-20 and Klay missed 20-21 because it could look even worse.

GimmeThat
05-23-2022, 08:20 AM
The warriors became lucky again since iggy came back. Even if they're a dynasty that's supposed to be dead or irrelevant by now already. Hate to say that but that's the truth about their soap opera.

essentially, they've won, but they don't feel like they've won it the right way. there's a pretty big disparity between their perception and reality in terms of what roles they play on a championship team. so even if they did step up for one another in filling in the missing pieces, it still doesn't feel right with them deep down.

they won't publicly admit it, because that's the unselfish thing to do. which is probably why they brought Iggy back, because they've gotten the reality check from Kerr before, but getting that reality check from Iggy is what's helped to keep the Warriors role-players momentum, to keep everyone from being unselfish.

PeroAntic
05-23-2022, 08:27 AM
KD should have anticipated that GSW would have continued to be a contender without him, and for that reason he should have stayed. He would win more rings and FMVPs to rise up the GOAT ranks and separate himself from Curry, and the above scenario would have been purely hypothetical.

Unfortunately, he believed his own hype and as usual he was oversensitive rather than smart about it.

8Ball
05-23-2022, 08:27 AM
Curry goes straight into the top 10 with this win.

Man Kenny would be in shambles seeing someone surpass kobe.

GimmeThat
05-23-2022, 08:33 AM
KD should have anticipated that GSW would have continued to be a contender without him, and for that reason he should have stayed. He would win more rings and FMVPs to rise up the GOAT ranks and separate himself from Curry, and the above scenario would have been purely hypothetical.

Unfortunately, he believed his own hype and as usual he was oversensitive rather than smart about it.

loving this mentality. it's been extremely annoying when people have felt self-entitled enough to have children given the current climate.

Phoenix
05-23-2022, 09:03 AM
3 years but the only reason it took 3 years was because this is the first year both Curry and Klay are healthy since Durant’s last season there.

Durant is honestly lucky they both missed 19-20 and Klay missed 20-21 because it could look even worse.

That's what I was saying above, Klays injury derailed them the prior 2 seasons, now they're right back in the thick of things. Steph, Klay, and Dray are as symbiotic a trio as I've ever seen as far as the sum of their parts.

1987_Lakers
05-23-2022, 09:09 AM
I was thinking this last night, but the Warriors already won a chip without him and people don't really value Durant's chips with the Warriors to begin with.

If anything, if the Warriors win it shows they are a low key dynasty. They would have more rings than Bird's Celtics & only one less title than the 80's Lakers & Duncan's Spurs.

1987_Lakers
05-23-2022, 09:25 AM
Curry goes straight into the top 10 with this win.

Man Kenny would be in shambles seeing someone surpass kobe.

I kinda regret making him "retire" after he came back from his ban recently. Trolling him about Curry/Kobe would be funny.

:lol

Real Men Wear Green
05-23-2022, 09:44 AM
Everyone that says this makes him less impressive was already saying that his rings weren't as meaningful because he joined a great team. No one's opinion is being changed.

Phoenix
05-23-2022, 09:46 AM
I was thinking this last night, but the Warriors already won a chip without him and people don't really value Durant's chips with the Warriors to begin with.

If anything, if the Warriors win it shows they are a low key dynasty. They would have more rings than Bird's Celtics & only one less title than the 80's Lakers & Duncan's Spurs.

Definitely a dynasty. The entire core around the big 3 has changed, pretty reminiscent of the Spurs( albeit it wont go on for 15 years). Its very possible they could have won either of the prior 2 chips if Klay was healthy. Poole coming in and coming up in the system reminds me of Kawhi's first 4 years.

Jasper
05-23-2022, 09:50 AM
man can't believe this thread is in before Dubs even beat the Mav's:facepalm

That being said if the Dubs win the chip , they have a legit all-star in Poole and Wiggen's was a star this year even though I thought it was weak.

Durant is still a top 4 player in the world(.)

GimmeThat
05-23-2022, 09:56 AM
Everyone that says this makes him less impressive was already saying that his rings weren't as meaningful because he joined a great team. No one's opinion is being changed.

what is it being changed to, that no one is unimportant

SATAN
05-23-2022, 10:03 AM
It doesn't hurt his legacy if you didn't overrate him in the first place. People literally said PRIME KD was/is better than aging LeBron and even that is a brainless ESPN/Skip Bayless inspired stupid way of looking at basketball.

KD is more like Reggie Miller than LeBron or Mike.

TheGoatest
05-23-2022, 10:31 AM
KD got played like a fiddle when Draymond called him from the parking lot after losing to LeBron, who led the 2016 finals in all 5 categories...

https://images4.imagebam.com/ba/97/ee/MEASVUC_o.png

He could've gone anywhere else and nobody would've said a thing. Instead he stacked himself on top of a 73-9 team. Now he'll never hear the end of it. :facepalm

hold this L
05-23-2022, 10:49 AM
KD got played like a fiddle when Draymond called him from the parking lot after losing to LeBron, who led the 2016 finals in all 5 categories...

https://images4.imagebam.com/ba/97/ee/MEASVUC_o.png

He could've gone anywhere else and nobody would've said a thing. Instead he stacked himself on top of a 73-9 team. Now he'll never hear the end of it. :facepalm

If Warriors win the championship this year, it will make Bron look good in a way. Yes he did lose 3 out of 4 times, but it shows just how ****ing tough it is to beat a Curry-led team. Craptor series was probably the most injury-riddled finals team, so I'm not even looking at that. but 16 is definitely the biggest star in Lebron's resume.

TheGoatest
05-23-2022, 11:03 AM
If Warriors win the championship this year, it will make Bron look good in a way. Yes he did lose 3 out of 4 times, but it shows just how ****ing tough it is to beat a Curry-led team. Craptor series was probably the most injury-riddled finals team, so I'm not even looking at that. but 16 is definitely the biggest star in Lebron's resume.

Was this not a Curry-led team as well?

https://lakersdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/E1zl0DmVkAQSW_-.jpeg

This Curry-led team then proceeded to lose to a team led by a 21 year-old Ja Morant. Also, interesting how you're "not even looking" at the Raptors series because of injuries, but will count LeBron's loss in 2015, even though that Cavs team was significantly more injury-plagued than the 2019 Warriors. The Cavs were so depleted in comparison to the Warriors that the Warriors could afford to take their all-defensive team member Andrew Bogut out of their rotation for no reason other than because it allowed them to matchup exploit the already heavily-depleted Cavs further.

tontoz
05-23-2022, 11:22 AM
Yeah a Curry led team missing 3 starters and it took a fluke shot for AD/Lebron to beat him.

hold this L
05-23-2022, 11:23 AM
Was this not a Curry-led team as well?

https://lakersdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/E1zl0DmVkAQSW_-.jpeg

This Curry-led team then proceeded to lose to a team led by a 21 year-old Ja Morant. Also, interesting how you're "not even looking" at the Raptors series because of injuries, but will count LeBron's loss in 2015, even though that Cavs team was significantly more injury-plagued than the 2019 Warriors. The Cavs were so depleted in comparison to the Warriors that the Warriors could afford to take their all-defensive team member Andrew Bogut out of their rotation for no reason other than because it allowed them to matchup exploit the already heavily-depleted Cavs further.

2019 was much worse, 6/8 main players were injured in that series. Quinn Cook was starting NBA finals game in that series. You know, the 14th guy in a roster 1 season later? Playin games are 1 offs, Steph still outplayed Lebron by a massive margin in that game.

Hopefully Lebron can make the playoffs next season with an ex-MVP and the most dominant player in the playoffs of 2020 next season. Or maybe he needs a bit more help?

https://c.tenor.com/fWg9gm1CrdYAAAAC/lebron-james-crying.gif

ShawkFactory
05-23-2022, 11:24 AM
Yeah a Curry led team missing 3 starters and it took a fluke shot for AD/Lebron to beat him.

Slippery slope, there.

BarberSchool
05-23-2022, 12:47 PM
Not as much as this board might think.

Sure, drama queen social media comment types will believe that, and especially so after what happened to Brooklyn just recently.

But the general public ? Casual basketball fans ?
Not at all.

Im Still Ballin
05-23-2022, 12:59 PM
Not as much as this board might think.

Sure, drama queen social media comment types will believe that, and especially so after what happened to Brooklyn just recently.

But the general public ? Casual basketball fans ?
Not at all.

He's a Charles Barkley/Karl Malone tier guy.

ImKobe
05-23-2022, 02:34 PM
Not really.

Warriors are 1 - 2 in the Finals without Durant and missed the Playoffs 2x during Curry's prime as well when they looked unbeatable with him. So far their only title run was against a bunch of injured teams in '15.

tontoz
05-23-2022, 02:41 PM
Not really.

Warriors are 1 - 2 in the Finals without Durant and missed the Playoffs 2x during Curry's prime as well when they looked unbeatable with him. So far their only title run was against a bunch of injured teams in '15.

:facepalm

Curry missed the season two years ago along with Klay. Last year they had a winning record and the 8 seed even though Klay missed the entire season, not to mention losing two starters with over a month left in the season.

SouBeachTalents
05-23-2022, 02:44 PM
Not really.

I said it in another thread, but I get the sense most fans discredit Durant's rings, but will give Curry full credit for 4 rings if he wins this year like he wasn't on those Durant title teams too :lol KD's the one who jumped ship, but Curry was obviously on board with signing him, so any criticisms that Durant's titles were only won due to being on an overly stacked team should be applied to Curry as well. I find that narrative to be a pretty big double standard.

ImKobe
05-23-2022, 02:49 PM
I said it in another thread, but I get the sense most fans discredit Durant's rings, but will give Curry full credit for 4 rings if he wins this year like he wasn't apart of those Durant title teams too :lol KD's the one who jumped ship, but Curry was obviously on board with signing him, so any claims that Durant's titles were only won due to being on an unfairly stacked team should be applied to Curry as well.

The double standards are very annoying. I see it everywhere online by these so-called GS "lifers", it's almost as bad as the 11-14 Heat bandwagoners when it comes to Steph. You'd think KD sabotaged their chances of winning or something.

Until GS gets 2 without KD, it's not even a debate.

:facepalm

Curry missed the season two years ago along with Klay. Last year they had a winning record and the 8 seed even though Klay missed the entire season, not to mention losing two starters with over a month left in the season.

Ok? They still won 2 in 2 tries with KD healthy and have only won 1 (the year Love & Irving were both injured) without him.

tontoz
05-23-2022, 02:55 PM
The double standards are very annoying. I see it everywhere online by these so-called GS "lifers", it's almost as bad as the 11-14 Heat bandwagoners when it comes to Steph. You'd think KD sabotaged their chances of winning or something.

Until GS gets 2 without KD, it's not even a debate.

Ok? They still won 2 in 2 tries with KD healthy and have only won 1 (the year Love & Irving were both injured) without him.

They also set an NBA record with 73 wins. Just because they lost in the Finals to LeCollude doesn't change the fact that they were a great team without Durant.

ImKobe
05-23-2022, 03:07 PM
They also set an NBA record with 73 wins. Just because they lost in the Finals to LeCollude doesn't change the fact that they were a great team without Durant.

They were great without him but were also close to unbeatable with him. They went 67 - 15 in '17 and 16 - 1 in the POs. No one's saying that the '16 Warriors were better than the '17 version.

tontoz
05-23-2022, 03:17 PM
They were great without him but were also close to unbeatable with him. They went 67 - 15 in '17 and 16 - 1 in the POs. No one's saying that the '16 Warriors were better than the '17 version.

Of course adding an elite player to a 73 win team will make them close to unbeatable. However during the KD years they still had an elite record in the games KD didn't play.

AlternativeAcc.
05-23-2022, 03:25 PM
None of Currys rings count

And this year they've had the easiest road to the finals in history.

My God people are so fukking stupid. They literally missed the playoffs last year. This year its 5 all stars vs 1 and they've played a total of TWO in the playoffs. :roll:

These casual fan takes are horrendous.

tpols
05-23-2022, 03:36 PM
KD won two FMVPs with the warriors averaging 34 ppg in the Finals on like 70 TS. Absolute incineration. Torched them. If he was averaging 15-20 ppg or whatever the haters would have a point. But he totally dominated and shit on a supposed top 5-10 GOAT candidate. So its only logical to give him credit. Warriors are good either way sure, but Durant put in work for his wins. Period.

tontoz
05-23-2022, 03:37 PM
None of Currys rings count

And this year they've had the easiest road to the finals in history.

My God people are so fukking stupid. They literally missed the playoffs last year. This year its 5 all stars vs 1 and they've played a total of TWO in the playoffs. :roll:

These casual fan takes are horrendous.

DWade has more All-NBA teams than all of Steph's teammates combined. By far. None of Steph's teammates has ever been 1st team All-NBA. They have only 1 2nd team All-NBA. Anthony Davis has been on the 1st team 4 times.

Warriors opponents in the playoffs won an average of 52 games, more than all but one team in the east.

tpols
05-23-2022, 03:40 PM

Charles Barkley and Karl Malone were MVPs in Jordan's prime and put up close series vs him. While Durant eviscerated Lebron and overall even with outside GS included holds a 9-5 playoff record against him H2H and crazy numbers. Can't blame team hopping because LeBron has team hopped just as much, if not more.

AlternativeAcc.
05-23-2022, 03:47 PM
We all admit that the Durant led Warriors were preposterously stacked and the rings don't count for anyone but Durant who walked away with the FMVPS.

The Warriors replaced Durant with two other all stars in Wiggins and Poole.... and they've faced only 2 Allstar caliber players in 3 series so far. One could make the argument that this year's Warriors are MORE stacked than the Durant led warriors.. relative to the comp. Actually yeah, they are more stacked. There is no argument.

So winning does nothing unless curry wins fmvp and puts up historic stats. Otherwise it's another worthless ring.... thats literally the reality

ShawkFactory
05-23-2022, 03:47 PM

Pretty much my thoughts as well. Outside of GS, KD has had some playoff flameouts as well.

Still definitely a top 20 guy.

AlternativeAcc.
05-23-2022, 03:49 PM
Pretty much my thoughts as well. Outside of GS, KD has had some playoff flameouts as well.

Still definitely a top 20 guy.

Every player has had playoff flameouts

Curry MISSED the playoffs with Wiggins, dray, and Poole

8Ball
05-23-2022, 04:01 PM

I agree with this take.

Curry Warriors are an 80s style Lakers / Celtics dynasty talent wise.

6 finals appearances between 2015-2022.

This warriors team will be remembered as the most dominant team since Jordan Bulls.

Curry will be be fighting Bird in the all time rankings. Quite a ****ing feat by Curry.

Bran
Jordan
Kareem
Duncan
Bill Russ
Magic
Bird
Curry
Shaq
Kobe
Wilt

Sounds good to me.

tontoz
05-23-2022, 04:06 PM

They had a winning record last year and the 8th seed, unlike LeCollude who finished 33-49 with 4 time 1st team All-NBA Davis former MVP Westbrook. This is actually the first time since his rookie year that Russ has missed the playoffs.

Last year Poole was a 12 ppg player who started the season in the G League. Green average 7 ppg with weak efficiency and Wiggins had never made an All-Star team in spite of the exposure of being the number 1 pick.

Bronnies just can't handle the fact that Steph will make another Finals without having to collude. :lol

ImKobe
05-23-2022, 04:08 PM

Yeah. Comparing KD to Malone is weird to me.

Durant's lost so many chances due to his own or his teammates' injuries. 2016 is the one flame out that you can really use against him but even then they lost to a better team and he showed up in Game 7.

AlternativeAcc.
05-23-2022, 04:16 PM
They had a winning record last year and the 8th seed, unlike LeCollude who finished 33-49 with 4 time 1st team All-NBA Davis former MVP Westbrook. This is actually the first time since his rookie year that Russ has missed the playoffs.

Last year Poole was a 12 ppg player who started the season in the G League. Green average 7 ppg with weak efficiency and Wiggins had never made an All-Star team in spite of the exposure of being the number 1 pick.

Bronnies just can't handle the fact that Steph will make another Finals without having to collude. :lol

They didn't make the playoffs

Poole flourished with Curry off the court last year, averaged 22ppg on 62% TS

This year Poole averaged 26/5/5 on 64% TS without curry

Curry just needs ridiculous talent to win. He needs 4 other all stats to compete, otherwise he missed the playoffs like last year

tontoz
05-23-2022, 04:25 PM
33-49

How many All NBA teams and all Star games have Russ/AD/Melo/Howard combined for?

:roll:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220317-165338.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/IMG_20220411_121203.jpg

AlternativeAcc.
05-23-2022, 04:31 PM
33-49

How many All NBA teams and all Star games have Russ/AD/Melo/Howard combined for?

:roll:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220317-165338.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/IMG_20220411_121203.jpg

All star and all nba only pertain to players still in their primes.

That excludes Howard, Westbrook, and Melo

That leaves Davis who played only 40 games total and 20 with lebron.

I know you're desperate but bringing up 37 yo LeBron with a garbage injured roster is quite pathetic.

My points still stand, yours are easily refuted and dismissed. I win

tontoz
05-23-2022, 04:46 PM
All star and all nba only pertain to players still in their primes.

That excludes Howard, Westbrook, and Melo

That leaves Davis who played only 40 games total and 20 with lebron.

I know you're desperate but bringing up 37 yo LeBron with a garbage injured roster is quite pathetic.

My points still stand, yours are easily refuted and dismissed. I win

You were the one who brought up All-Star games, not me. Russ was literally an All-Star just two years ago so he was an All-Star more recently than Klay.

Carbine
05-23-2022, 04:47 PM
Realistically it doesn't mean anything.

The Celtics won a title a few years after Russell retired.

This Warriors team is a lot different than the one Durant was on. Poole is a major factor now, Wiggins is playing extremely well. Gary Paytons son was one of the best role players in the league IMO before he got hurt. It's a different team with different parts surrounding the big 3 for the most part.

AlternativeAcc.
05-23-2022, 04:48 PM
You were the one who brought up All-Star games, not me. Russ was literally an All-Star just two years ago so he was an All-Star more recently than Klay.

Klay wouldve been all star if healthy, and is easily better than westbrick

Would u rather have westbrick or klay? Thats what I thought.

tontoz
05-23-2022, 04:54 PM
Klay wouldve been all star if healthy, and is easily better than westbrick

Would u rather have westbrick or klay? Thats what I thought.

Westbrook made the playoffs with the Wizards just last year. :roll:

Klay played only 32 games in the regular season. They were playing better before he came back. You can't say "if healthy" because he wasn't healthy. He is coming off a ruptured achilles and a torn ACL and missed most of the season.

AlternativeAcc.
05-23-2022, 05:09 PM
Westbrook made the playoffs with the Wizards just last year. :roll:

Klay played only 32 games in the regular season. They were playing better before he came back. You can't say "if healthy" because he wasn't healthy. He is coming off a ruptured achilles and a torn ACL and missed most of the season.

So they're better off without klay? Why didn't they make the playoffs then without him :roll:

tontoz
05-23-2022, 05:12 PM
So they're better off without klay? Why didn't they make the playoffs then without him :roll:

They had a winning record without him last year and the 8 seed in spite of losing two other starters with over a month left in the season. They didn't finish....

33-49

I dont blame Klay for struggling at times coming off two major injuries. I suspect they were playing him more minutes and giving him more shots to the detriment of their regular season record in order to get him ready for the playoffs. Yet they still won 53 games.

AlternativeAcc.
05-23-2022, 05:16 PM
They had a winning record without him last year and the 8 seed in spite of losing two other starters with over a month left in the season. They didn't finish....

33-49

I dont blame Klay for struggling at times coming off two major injuries. I suspect they were playing him more minutes and giving him more shots to the detriment of their regular season record in order to get him ready for the playoffs. Yet they still won 53 games.

So you'd rather have klay than westbrick

Thanks for proving my point

tontoz
05-23-2022, 05:23 PM
So you'd rather have klay than westbrick

Thanks for proving my point

On the Wizards last year i would definitely take Russ over Klay. There were Wizards fans saying Russ was our MVP.

On the Warriors obviously Klay is better but that doesn't change the fact that he missed 2.5 years due to injuries.

If you are going to count Klay as an All-Star then i can certainly claim Russ is an All-Star.

Axe
05-23-2022, 07:46 PM
I like how uncle t talks more about chef and the warriors most of the time ala being a stan of them albeit closet instead of doing the same thing or being one with the very team in his avy. :roll:

Axe
05-23-2022, 07:50 PM
They didn't make the playoffs

Poole flourished with Curry off the court last year, averaged 22ppg on 62% TS

This year Poole averaged 26/5/5 on 64% TS without curry

Curry just needs ridiculous talent to win. He needs 4 other all stats to compete, otherwise he missed the playoffs like last year
Kelly oubre jr. with the warriors last season admitted that he's not fit and not happy with being a screensetter for the team then suddenly curry fans had to call him out for saying that lmao.

tontoz
05-23-2022, 07:55 PM
I like how uncle t talks more about chef and the warriors most of the time ala being a stan of them albeit closet instead of doing the same thing or being one with the very team in his avy. :roll:

Why would I talk about the wizards, especially this year? :oldlol:

TheGoatest
05-24-2022, 03:02 AM
2019 was much worse, 6/8 main players were injured in that series. Quinn Cook was starting NBA finals game in that series. You know, the 14th guy in a roster 1 season later? Playin games are 1 offs, Steph still outplayed Lebron by a massive margin in that game.

Hopefully Lebron can make the playoffs next season with an ex-MVP and the most dominant player in the playoffs of 2020 next season. Or maybe he needs a bit more help?

https://c.tenor.com/fWg9gm1CrdYAAAAC/lebron-james-crying.gif

What about the other 5 of the 6 finals games in 2019, where a guy who averaged 21.5 ppg and was all-defensive 2nd team started for the Warriors?
In the 2015 finals it was the other way around: A normal finals 2nd option started 1 of the 6 games and the rest a G-league level player started.
The failure of a healthy Curry to make the playoffs last season at the age of 33 proves that as soon as you remove one of the players from the 73-9 squad, he is completely helpless, even though he had a more than decent replacement for that player in Wiggins.

TheGoatest
05-24-2022, 03:08 AM
KD won two FMVPs with the warriors averaging 34 ppg in the Finals on like 70 TS. Absolute incineration. Torched them. If he was averaging 15-20 ppg or whatever the haters would have a point. But he totally dominated and shit on a supposed top 5-10 GOAT candidate. So its only logical to give him credit. Warriors are good either way sure, but Durant put in work for his wins. Period.

Nobody will give a shit. IF the Warriors win this championship, the only thing that will be remembered down the line is:

1. Warriors won a championship with the exact same core just two seasons prior to Durant's arrival
2. Warriors won a championship with the exact same core just three seasons after Durant's departure

The #1 hurts him plenty already. The #2 would be a death sentence to his entire legacy. He is truly a moron for stacking himself on top of a 73-9 team that had just beaten him in 2016. It was a lose-lose situation for him from the start. He realized this in 2019 and tried to quickly fix this by winning a championship on the Nets, but this was a massive failure. :facepalm

warriorfan
05-24-2022, 03:09 AM
What about the other 5 of the 6 finals games in 2019, where a guy who averaged 21.5 ppg and was all-defensive 2nd team started for the Warriors?
In the 2015 finals it was the other way around: A normal finals 2nd option started 1 of the 6 games and the rest a G-league level player started.
The failure of a healthy Curry to make the playoffs last season at the age of 33 proves that as soon as you remove one of the players from the 73-9 squad, he is completely helpless, even though he had a more than decent replacement for that player in Wiggins.

What was worse. 2011 or 2016?

Baller789
05-24-2022, 03:45 AM
What was worse. 2011 or 2016?

Hes just gonna either ignore, deflect that, or login and post with one of his stupid alts :lol

John8204
05-24-2022, 11:42 AM
I don't think KD even has a legacy anymore..he joined a 73 win team he played with 2 MVP's and he hand picked a super team and all that got him 2 rings and an MVP. He's top five of his generation and he might even lose that in the next two/three seasons.

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 12:07 PM
Nobody will give a shit. IF the Warriors win this championship, the only thing that will be remembered down the line is:

1. Warriors won a championship with the exact same core just two seasons prior to Durant's arrival
2. Warriors won a championship with the exact same core just three seasons after Durant's departure

The #1 hurts him plenty already. The #2 would be a death sentence to his entire legacy. He is truly a moron for stacking himself on top of a 73-9 team that had just beaten him in 2016. It was a lose-lose situation for him from the start. He realized this in 2019 and tried to quickly fix this by winning a championship on the Nets, but this was a massive failure. :facepalm

Wiggins and Poole have 3 rings?

houston
05-24-2022, 10:31 PM
No it don't KD earned them rings

Shooter
05-24-2022, 10:45 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/nzyftzR8/uDIDitBro.png