PDA

View Full Version : Doesn’t it feel like most games are blowouts made interesting late these days?

Kblaze8855
05-23-2022, 09:18 PM
Like every series is 5 games of someone taking a 27 point lead then almost blowing it when the shooting flips in the second half.

Makes you wanna go to sleep at halftime every night but like 70% of the time they close it to within 5-8 so you’re just waiting for the run watching mostly garbage time.

I have no numbers to support it I’m just saying it feels that way most of the playoffs.

Kblaze8855
05-23-2022, 09:23 PM
I feel like just turning to better call Saul right now but I can’t on principle. These games just suck though. You can only watch so many scrappy comebacks before accepting you’re watching almost all garbage time just hoping for something intriguing.

Shogon
05-23-2022, 09:24 PM
It does feel that way.

Why is it happening?

3 point shooting and people going on emotional streaky runs that lead to blowouts each way and insane runs?

Yeah, I mean it has to mostly be that right. Damn.

1987_Lakers
05-23-2022, 09:26 PM
I said the same thing few days ago in the Warriors/Mavs game thread, think it was during game 2. 15 point leads don't feel like huge leads like it did in like 2008 or so.

tpols
05-23-2022, 09:29 PM
3pt shots exploded variance. Imagine if every game was counted by 1s like street ball. We'd see tight battles.

SouBeachTalents
05-23-2022, 09:30 PM
I honestly don't even feel like the games end up being THAT interesting. The last Heat/Celtics game was a 1 point game with 2 minutes to go, but even then the Heat put it away by the final minute. When was the last playoff game that actually came down to the wire, Bucks/Celtics Game 5?

L.Kizzle
05-23-2022, 09:31 PM
Fast paced 3 point shooting gets you a lead and also loses you a lead.
Teams don't slow it down after a huge lead, they will continue to shoot themselves out of the game.

Kblaze8855
05-23-2022, 09:31 PM
In the time it took me to read these replies I watched 4 missed threes. 3 Heat one celtic. Teams just…gunning. Which is just the game now but if one is making them and the other missing you’re only 4-5 minutes from a waste of 2 hours.

ShawkFactory
05-23-2022, 09:38 PM
I feel like just turning to better call Saul right now but I can’t on principle. These games just suck though. You can only watch so many scrappy comebacks before accepting you’re watching almost all garbage time just hoping for something intriguing.

Literally put on an episode of Breaking Bad. My wife has never seen it. Cool to go back through it, it’s been a while so there’s a lot of things I hadn’t remembered.

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 05:52 AM
I can't remember a worse Playoffs off recent memory in terms of blowouts and games not being competitive in the 4th quarter. The final scores look a lot closer than the games have really been for the most part.

ArbitraryWater
05-24-2022, 05:54 AM
absolutely.

and it's rare that the games even end up with any spice at all tbh.

Wally450
05-24-2022, 09:28 AM
Was at the game last night. Had I known it was going to be that bad of a blowout, I would've stayed home. Was hoping for something at least slightly competitive. Game was over after 5 minutes.