PDA

View Full Version : Who had the best career out of these four players?

Wally450
05-24-2022, 09:27 AM
Carmelo Anthony
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Chris Paul

Stars in the league during their primes. 0 championships. NBA Finals appearances for 3 of them.

Rank em also if you want.

ShawkFactory
05-24-2022, 09:31 AM
Paul
Harden
Anthony
Westbrook

Last 2 are close.

Real Men Wear Green
05-24-2022, 09:41 AM
Harden. My criteria is money made playoff success and individual awards. Harden did a well as our better than anyone on that list in all three areas. That's not me saying I love his playing style just to make sure no one gets confused.

Baller789
05-24-2022, 09:58 AM
Harden. My criteria is money made playoff success and individual awards. Harden did a well as our better than anyone on that list in all three areas. That's not me saying I love his playing style just to make sure no one gets confused.

Hard to argue against this.
Harden was the face of Adidas basketball too.

Sulico
05-24-2022, 10:58 AM
Paul - A lot of success in the NBA and a leader of a few contending teams.
Harden - MVP, amazing RS resume, some playoff success.
Westbrook - MVP, good resume but not much success in playoffs as a #1
Anthony - good numbers, if you not a fan of advanced stats.

Sulico
05-24-2022, 11:04 AM

I believe Chris Paul made more money out of NBA contracts and they both made 1 finals, and Chris Paul had more importnt role on his finals team.

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2022, 11:09 AM
CP3
Harden

Westbrick

Melo

Shogon
05-24-2022, 11:19 AM
Harden. Unfortunately.

John8204
05-24-2022, 11:37 AM
Chris Paul - Top Five in his position, arguably the best player to never win the MVP (it's between him and Jerry West)...give him the four worst players in the league and he'll take them to the playoffs (which he did in OKC)

James Harden - Top ten in his position, played with the best and failed to win a ring changes in the rules has turned him from an MVP candidate to a non-star

Carmello Anthony - Franchise player top ten in scoring...likely belongs in the top 50 but not someone that desperately needs to be there

Russell Westbrook - arguably the worst MVP in NBA history, to twenty in his position and a team killer

Real Men Wear Green
05-24-2022, 11:46 AM
I believe Chris Paul made more money out of NBA contracts and they both made 1 finals, and Chris Paul had more importnt role on his finals team.

He made more money by a good enough amount to justify your position (330 mil to 268 according to my web search) but Harden has an MVP award.

Sulico
05-24-2022, 11:57 AM
He made more money by a good enough amount to justify your position (330 mil to 268 according to my web search) but Harden has an MVP award.

No, I get it, no wrong choice between those two. It's just you listed your criteria - money, playoffs and awards. And in my mind two out of three belongs to Paul.

Gohan
05-24-2022, 12:00 PM
If harden aint number 1 then youre doing this wrong

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 12:02 PM
Westbrook - #1 all-time triple-doubles, 2017 MVP, 2 scoring titles and 3 assist titles, should get to at least 25k+pts/10k+reb/10k+ast if his body holds up
Harden - Highest scoring season since '87 MJ, 2018 MVP, 3 scoring titles + assist title, could get to 30k+ pts 10k+ ast
CP0 - Most All-Star/All-NBA teams out of the 4, 5x assist titles, 6x steals leader but no MVPs
Melo - weakest out of the 4, shouldn't even be in this discussion tbh

I have Russ slightly above Harden rn but I think Harden will have some success in Philly and end up with the best career.

Wally450
05-24-2022, 12:12 PM
CP3
Harden

Westbrick

Melo

I think I lean towards this including the spaces between the bottom two.

Chris Paul has been the most consistent player despite his shortcomings. People tend to argue an MVP in his case in 2008 over Kobe. But all things considered, I think he's had the most successful career of the four with Harden being a close second.

L.Kizzle
05-24-2022, 12:16 PM
I know Melo is last.
Your choice on how you rank the other 3.

NBAGOAT
05-24-2022, 01:54 PM
paul has the very long prime so I'll take him for now but harden can catch him.

TheGoatest
05-24-2022, 02:08 PM
If harden aint number 1 then youre doing this wrong

Chris Paul was #2 in MVP voting as early as two seasons before Harden entered the league, and was an All-NBA selection as late as last season, which Harden wasn't. James Harden's entire career is basically a 5 year stretch with the Rockets, that's it.

rawimpact
05-24-2022, 02:43 PM
CP3
Carmelo Anthony
James Harden
Westbrook

Westbrook has never been a number 1 option for any team, automatically puts him last.
CP3 has had the worst playoff success % but probably the most appearances either as first or second option.
Carmelo led Denver when the west was the strongest...
James... well, least postseason success but was the clear cut #1

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2022, 02:49 PM
CP3
Carmelo Anthony
James Harden
Westbrook

Westbrook has never been a number 1 option for any team, automatically puts him last.
CP3 has had the worst playoff success % but probably the most appearances either as first or second option.
Carmelo led Denver when the west was the strongest...
James... well, least postseason success but was the clear cut #1
Bro, what the hell are you talking about? Westbrook wasn’t the first option the year he won MVP? And Harden’s had less playoff success than Melo :oldlol:

Round Mound
05-24-2022, 04:12 PM
Harden. Unfortunately.

This

houston
05-24-2022, 10:33 PM
Harden

kawhileonard2
05-24-2022, 11:19 PM
Paul
Harden
Anthony