PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bird? LMFAO, don't even..

nineiron
05-24-2022, 09:59 AM
probably mostly bran stans that were declaring this fraud Luka as "Baby Bird".

don't ever compare this clown to Larry Legend ever again.

1987_Lakers
05-24-2022, 10:11 AM
Just imagine if Bird played in this era.

"OMG, he just shot poorly in the Finals and didn't even win FMVP ('81). Don't ever compare him to Jerry West again."

JohnMax
05-24-2022, 11:03 AM
Luka is baby Lebron and he's at this point of his career

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IGY6UamVRSU

tontoz
05-24-2022, 11:21 AM

"OMG, he just shot poorly in the Finals and didn't even win FMVP ('81). Don't ever compare him to Jerry West again."

Yeah people ragging on Luka are just the agenda posters. Luka is 23 now which is the same age Bird was as a rookie.

Luka has some similarities to bird in that his big advantages are size/skills/IQ. But their games are different. Bird didn't have the ball handling skill that Luka does. He was more of an off ball player.

Luka is a beast. There is no way to deny that objectively.

In this series he is averaging 34/8/5 with a 62% TS.

BarberSchool
05-24-2022, 11:22 AM
Was Larry dropped out of college, being an alcoholic garbageman in southern indiana, angry that his drunk abusive father committed suicide at 23 ? Or was that at 21-22 ?

tontoz
05-24-2022, 11:30 AM
Was Larry dropped out of college, being an alcoholic garbageman in southern indiana, angry that his drunk abusive father committed suicide at 23 ? Or was that at 21-22 ?

What happened was that Larry went to Indiana to play for Bobby Knight. He felt completely out of place socially and Knight's aloofness didn't help. Bird dropped out after a few months.

He then went to work in the local streets dept. They had different jobs once of which was picking up trash once a week. He liked it and is still grateful to them for giving him a job.

His father was a drunk but I am not so sure about the abusive part. It was around this time he committed suicide.

Then the coach from ISU started recruiting Larry. He came to bird's house over and over no matter how many times Bird blew him off.

Then one day they started talking about a local guy Bird knew who was a great HS player. Bird was saying he would have been great if he had gone to college.

Coach says people are going to be saying the same about you, that you would have been great if you went to college. The rest is history.

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 11:38 AM
Luka's averaging 34/8/5/2/1 (leads his team in all categories) on 62.5%TS in the WCF but he's the reason why his team's losing :kobe: and not the wide open shooters who can't do their job.

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2022, 11:56 AM
Seriously, look at Bird’s playoff numbers his first 4 years. He would get eviscerated if he played today :lol The older players have such an advantage playing before the internet/social media era, all of their poor performances that would live forever online get airbrushed from public knowledge.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 12:09 PM
Yeah people ragging on Luka are just the agenda posters. Luka is 23 now which is the same age Bird was as a rookie.

Luka has some similarities to bird in that his big advantages are size/skills/IQ. But their games are different. Bird didn't have the ball handling skill that Luka does. He was more of an off ball player.

Luka is a beast. There is no way to deny that objectively.

In this series he is averaging 34/8/5 with a 62% TS.

what's his career 3point and FT%?

nineiron
05-24-2022, 12:11 PM
Luka's averaging 34/8/5/2/1 (leads his team in all categories) on 62.5%TS in the WCF but he's the reason why his team's losing :kobe: and not the wide open shooters who can't do their job.

look at Dallas' numbers when Luka's on the bench. they play better without him.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 12:12 PM
Luka is baby Lebron and he's at this point of his career

you're right, he is baby Lebron. they both can't shoot FTs and they both get exposed on D.

AND, they both need a real BATMAN to win a chip.

tontoz
05-24-2022, 12:15 PM
what's his career 3point and FT%?

Playoffs or regular season?

In the regular season Luka shoots 33.7% from 3, 37.7% in the playoffs.

Bird shot 37.6% in the regular season, 32.1% in the playoffs.

Free throws bird has a huge advantage.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 12:22 PM
Playoffs or regular season?

In the regular season Luka shoots 33.7% from 3, 37.7% in the playoffs.

Bird shot 37.6% in the regular season, 32.1% in the playoffs.

Free throws bird has a huge advantage.

who's a better passer?
who's a better defender?
who's a better midrange shooter?

tontoz
05-24-2022, 12:31 PM
who's a better passer?
who's a better defender?
who's a better midrange shooter?

Who is better at beating guys off the dribble?
Who is better at finishing inside?
Who elevates their game in the playoffs?

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 12:31 PM
look at Dallas' numbers when Luka's on the bench. they play better without him.

You mean when GS starters are sitting as well? Cool.

Guess what would happen if Luka didn't play at all..

tontoz
05-24-2022, 12:33 PM

I haven't paid close attention to this but i am pretty sure Wiggins goes to the bench whenever Luka does.

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 12:37 PM
I haven't paid close attention to this but i am pretty sure Wiggins goes to the bench whenever Luka does.

And I'm pretty sure they're resting Curry in a lot of those non-Luka minutes as well. I hate that 2nd unit argument when the sample size is so limited and opposing starters are sitting as well and it's Dinwiddie abusing Poole or whoever.

If you take Luka out of the picture they're losing by an even bigger margin for obvious reasons. Just because shooters brick their wide open 3s doesn't mean that Doncic isn't doing a good job while on the court. Steph's playing out of his mind in this series and Luka's obviously on the court for most of that, so the +/- numbers are going to look bad for him.

tontoz
05-24-2022, 12:48 PM
We have to remember that nobody on the Mavs has been to the WCF before. Have to expect some nerves from the role players.

I would like to see more hustle from them though.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 12:56 PM

yeah we saw that in the series against Utah and the Mavs won, without Luka.

Hey Yo
05-24-2022, 01:04 PM
Who is better at beating guys off
The OP cause he's a fakkit.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 01:08 PM
And I'm pretty sure they're resting Curry in a lot of those non-Luka minutes as well. I hate that 2nd unit argument when the sample size is so limited and opposing starters are sitting as well and it's Dinwiddie abusing Poole or whoever.

If you take Luka out of the picture they're losing by an even bigger margin for obvious reasons. Just because shooters brick their wide open 3s doesn't mean that Doncic isn't doing a good job while on the court. Steph's playing out of his mind in this series and Luka's obviously on the court for most of that, so the +/- numbers are going to look bad for him.

Luka was -19, -12, -30 in the 3 games against GSW. those are the worst +/- numbers on his team.

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 01:40 PM
Luka was -19, -12, -30 in the 3 games against GSW. those are the worst +/- numbers on his team.

Great, you can google boxscore stats but have 0 understand how the game actually works.

Yes, the Mavs are a better team without Doncic. Solid analysis.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 01:42 PM
Great, you can google boxscore stats but have 0 understand how the game actually works.

Yes, the Mavs are a better team without Doncic. Solid analysis.

i watch the games too. i watch Luka dribble the air out of the ball on almost every possession. reminds me a lot of Lebron.

tontoz
05-24-2022, 01:49 PM
It must be Lukas fault somehow that Kleber is 2-14 from 3.

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 02:01 PM
i watch the games too. i watch Luka dribble the air out of the ball on almost every possession. reminds me a lot of Lebron.

Yes, but we're not comparing Luka to peak Jordan right now or anything. Mavs had the lowest odds out of any WC Playoff team (not including the play in teams that made it) to win the title and this is his first WCF and he's not on a great team. He's generating wide open looks for his teammates, so he's following his team's game plan. Their roster doesn't really give them any other options and he has deferred to Brunson and Dinwiddie at times but that's not enough in this series. They've been playing this way the entire season and it's what got them to the WCF. The shooting luck ran out and they don't have a plan B when they're going up against an elite defense that's playing zone and not giving them an option to attack the paint all the time.

I don't get why we have to dump on the young guys when they haven't been there before. It's one thing to shit on Durant or Harden when they have the experience and the help to perform better, it's another thing to hate on Ja or Luka for not beating the Warriors when they're not even in their primes yet and are not playing with a veteran supporting cast. I'm not going to fault him for not winning it all with a mediocre supporting cast at age 23. Most greats did not even get to the WCF or beat a #1 team at the same age without having much better help.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 02:07 PM
Yes, but we're not comparing Luka to peak Jordan right now or anything. Mavs had the lowest odds out of any WC Playoff team (not including the play in teams that made it) to win the title and this is his first WCF and he's not on a great team. He's generating wide open looks for his teammates, so he's following his team's game plan. Their roster doesn't really give them any other options and he has deferred to Brunson and Dinwiddie at times but that's not enough in this series. They've been playing this way the entire season and it's what got them to the WCF. The shooting luck ran out and they don't have a plan B when they're going up against an elite defense that's playing zone and not giving them an option to attack the paint all the time.

I don't get why we have to dump on the young guys when they haven't been there before. It's one thing to shit on Durant or Harden when they have the experience and the help to perform better, it's another thing to hate on Ja or Luka for not beating the Warriors when they're not even in their primes yet and are not playing with a veteran supporting cast. I'm not going to fault him for not winning it all with a mediocre supporting cast at age 23. Most greats did not even get to the WCF or beat a #1 team at the same age without having much better help.

who's comparing him to MJ?

did you read the title of this thread? there are A LOT of ppl calling him "baby Bird". he is no Bird. he's more like baby Lebron. or in other words, over rated.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 02:10 PM
It must be Lukas fault somehow that Kleber is 2-14 from 3.

it must be everyone else's fault that Luka has the lowest +/- stats on the team.

TheGoatest
05-24-2022, 02:10 PM
At the age Luka is now, Larry Bird hadn't even finished his rookie season.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 02:12 PM
At the age Luka is now, Larry Bird hadn't even finished his rookie season.

and, your point is?

Luka's been playing pro ball since he was like 15.

tontoz
05-24-2022, 02:27 PM
it must be everyone else's fault that Luka has the lowest +/- stats on the team.

Bertans was +11 last game in 13 minutes with 2 points, 1 rebound and 3 fouls. So what?

When Luka goes to the bench some of the GS starters go to the bench at the same time.

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 02:31 PM
who's comparing him to MJ?

did you read the title of this thread? there are A LOT of ppl calling him "baby Bird". he is no Bird. he's more like baby Lebron. or in other words, over rated.

Ok, what did Bird accomplish by age 23? I'll help you out. He lost in 5 games with HCA at the same age, and his team had a 1st round bye while the Sixers had to play an extra Playoff round (BO3) as they were the #2 seed.

Beating the #1 RS team and crushing them at home in a Game 7 at his age is a great accomplishment. We need to stop acting like it's title or bust for a team that wasn't even supposed to be playing in the WCF in the first place.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 02:48 PM
Ok, what did Bird accomplish by age 23? I'll help you out. He lost in 5 games with HCA at the same age, and his team had a 1st round bye while the Sixers had to play an extra Playoff round (BO3) as they were the #2 seed.

Beating the #1 RS team and crushing them at home in a Game 7 at his age is a great accomplishment. We need to stop acting like it's title or bust for a team that wasn't even supposed to be playing in the WCF in the first place.

let's be honest, PHX choked that series away more than DAL won it. just like when GSW choked the 3-1 lead to the CAVS.

so if Bird didn't do anything at 23, why are ppl calling him "baby Bird"? could it be because they're talking about his POTENTIAL to reach the heights that Bird did in his career?

this is the furthest that Luka will go. being swept in the WCF. unless of course, he follows in Lebron's shoes and finds a BATMAN to win him a ring.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 02:49 PM
Bertans was +11 last game in 13 minutes with 2 points, 1 rebound and 3 fouls. So what?

When Luka goes to the bench some of the GS starters go to the bench at the same time.

DAL got 2 of their 4 wins against UTA without Luka. did the UTA starters also sit out because Luka did?

tontoz
05-24-2022, 02:56 PM
DAL got 2 of their 4 wins against UTA without Luka. did the UTA starters also sit out because Luka did?

Have you paid attention to Utah's playoff history?

ImKobe
05-24-2022, 03:04 PM
let's be honest, PHX choked that series away more than DAL won it. just like when GSW choked the 3-1 lead to the CAVS.

so if Bird didn't do anything at 23, why are ppl calling him "baby Bird"? could it be because they're talking about his POTENTIAL to reach the heights that Bird did in his career?

this is the furthest that Luka will go. being swept in the WCF. unless of course, he follows in Lebron's shoes and finds a BATMAN to win him a ring.

Cool. Just say that you hate Luka next time and keep it moving.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-24-2022, 03:09 PM

Luka's already got rabid haters like this dweeb. :lol

Just wait until he reaches his prime.

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2022, 03:18 PM

The hate Luka’s getting is absolutely ridiculous :lol His team has surpassed all expectations this year, he’s out here at 23 putting up literally ATG production, and the way people are talking about him you’d think he just had a series like Trae.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-24-2022, 03:28 PM
The hate Luka’s getting is absolutely ridiculous :lol His team has surpassed all expectations this year, he’s out here at 23 putting up literally ATG production, and the way people are talking about him you’d think he just had a series like Trae.

Sure he's averaging 34/8/5 on 63%TS. But he's also gotta be a lockdown defender and move off the ball like Curry.

At 23 you aren't allowed to have flaws.... Apparently Bird, Magic and Mike didn't get that memo.

ArbitraryWater
05-24-2022, 03:33 PM
OP, you are retarded.

Just know what you're living with.

Wally450
05-24-2022, 03:51 PM
Bird played with Hall of Famers. Luka is playing with 2nd rounders that get exposed in the playoffs.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 04:03 PM
Cool. Just say that you hate Luka next time and keep it moving.

cool, just say you're a Luka fanboy next time and keep it moving.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 04:03 PM
Bird played with Hall of Famers. Luka is playing with 2nd rounders that get exposed in the playoffs.

Bird made HOF'ers.

dazzer87
05-24-2022, 04:04 PM
BIRD was a flopping bitch????

nineiron
05-24-2022, 04:07 PM
LMFAO, i noticed that most LeB1tch fans are also Luka fans. i wonder why?

my guess is that they're both frauds that are being pumped by the media. and since bran stans are the dumbest of the dumb, they fall for it.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 04:07 PM

lmao, exactly. this flopping bitch ain't no Bird.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 04:08 PM

he's already in his prime. he's just gonna get fatter and fatter.

RRR3
05-24-2022, 04:09 PM
Luka is officially the next obsession for ISH once LeBron retires I see.

nineiron

so because his team has surpassed all expectations this year that makes Luka the next Bird? the Raptors also surpassed all expectations this year. does that mean Siakam is the next Tim Duncan?

tpols

I have to chime in on this one since I'm on record for being decieved by Lukas big balls shot making thinking that made him like Larry Bird.

Two reasons I was wrong:

1) Luka is extremely ball dominant and literally has a zero assist rate for much of the playoffs. He plays checkers not chess. While Bird facilitated GOAT offense and assist team ranks.

2) Larry Bird almost never flopped, or cried or whined. He was a tough farm boy type who'd rather punch you in the face than act like a b!tch all game long trying to con the refs. I take this point very seriously.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 04:10 PM
Luka is officially the next obsession for ISH once LeBron retires I see.

yeah for the LeFlop stans.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 04:11 PM
I have to chime in on this one since I'm on record for being decieved by Lukas big balls shot making thinking that made him like Larry Bird.

Two reasons I was wrong:

1) Luka is extremely ball dominant and literally has a zero assist rate for much of the playoffs. He plays checkers not chess. While Bird facilitated GOAT offense and assist team ranks.

2) Larry Bird almost never flopped, or cried or whined. He was a tough farm boy type who'd rather punch you in the face than act like a b!tch all game long trying to con the refs. I take this point very seriously.

like i said, don't ever compare this clown to Larry Legend.

tpols
05-24-2022, 04:14 PM
lmao, exactly. this flopping bitch ain't no Bird.

:roll:

This. Lula plays like a bitch. I'm not even gonna call him luka anymore. Autocorrect says he's Lula and that feminine touch isn't out of bounds.

Larry Bird played the game like a man. Lula plays it like a spoiled brat entitled rich kid whose dad was the coach of the AAU team.

SouBeachTalents
05-24-2022, 04:17 PM
so because his team has surpassed all expectations this year that makes Luka the next Bird? the Raptors also surpassed all expectations this year. does that mean Siakam is the next Tim Duncan?
Is Siakam in the conference finals? Is he putting up Jordan level scoring numbers?

Absolutely terrible analogy :lol

nineiron
05-24-2022, 04:20 PM
Is Siakam in the conference finals? Is he putting up Jordan level scoring numbers?

Absolutely terrible analogy :lol

you said "surpassed all expectations". the Raptors weren't even supposed to make the play-in, let alone the playoffs.

now go f*ck yourself.

FKAri
05-24-2022, 05:33 PM

Ya. OP with a completely reactionary and emotional take. Luka plays nothing like Bird but he is about as impressive this early into his career. What Luka did vs The Suns is not something anyone can do.

nineiron
05-24-2022, 10:25 PM
Ya. OP with a completely reactionary and emotional take. Luka plays nothing like Bird but he is about as impressive this early into his career. What The Suns did to themselves is not something anyone can do.

fixed

Shooter
05-24-2022, 10:49 PM

100%

Bird was outscored in three of his five finals by his OWN TEAMMATE :lol

coastalmarker99
05-24-2022, 11:55 PM
If one were to take a long deep look at Bird's long list of playoff failures they would see why he is not ranked top 5 of all time by both fans and the media nowadays

1980- Averaged a .51;1 TS% in the postseason. In game 5 vs. the Sixers, he shot poorly, 5-19 with just 12 points, as the Celtics lost the game. His man (Dr. J) averaged 25 PPG in this series. His team loses in 5 games despite having HCA and winning 61 games. Had an 18.3 PER in the postseason

1981- Has a .53;2 TS% in the postseason. He had a bad finals where he averaged just 15 PPG on .41.9 shooting and .46;0 TS%.

1982- PPG average dropped from 22.9 PPG to 17.8 PPG. He has an embarrassing .47;4 TS% in the playoffs.

He averaged a pedestrian 18.3 PPG against the Sixers.

Averages 17 PPG in the final 2 games of the series. The Celtics lose again with HCA. The Celtics won 63 games and had the #1 SRS in the league. Has a 17.9 PER in the postseason.

1983- The Celtics get swept by the Bucks. The Celtics win 56 games and had the #2 SRS in the league and lose again with HCA.

Bird plays awful again. .47;8 TS%. His PPG average drops 2 PPG in the playoffs.

Bird missed a game in the series but that game happened to be the closest one (Celtics lose by 4). In the 3 other games, the Celtics lose by 14.3 PPG with Bird on the court.

1984- Great playoffs. Averaged 27-14-4 in the Finals and had a .60;7 TS% in the playoffs. The first great playoffs of his career. The Celtics win the title over the Lakers in a massive upset.

1985- Celtics make the finals, but Bird's numbers drop in the playoffs.

His PPG drops by 2.8 PPG, Reb by 1.2 Reb, and AST by 0.7 AST. Had an average .53.6 TS% in the postseason.

Bird plays even worse in the finals.

As His PPG dropped 4.9 PPG, his Reb 1.7 Reb, and AST by 1.6 AST in the finals compared to his regular-season average. His Finals TS% is just .52.7.

Not only that, but the Celtics finish with 63 wins and lose once again with HCA a constant theme in Bird's career. This is the first time in Celtics history they lost in the finals with HCA.

1986- Great year. His best year ever. Wins the title. .61.5 TS% in the postseason and amazing finals.

1987- I think this is his most admirable playoffs up until the finals. The Celtics were quite banged up this year. Averaged 27-10-7 in the postseason with .57.7 TS%.

Though his numbers in the finals dropped off once again. His PPG was 3.9 PPG down from the regular season, AST down by 2.1 AST and his TS% was just .53.4.

In-game 6, Bird scored just 16 points on 6-16 (.37.5) shooting.

In the final 3 games of this series, Bird averaged just 20 PPG on .37.7 shooting and .49.2 TS% with 3.7 TOV. This is the first time Bird has played without HCA in the playoffs and his team loses.

1988- Bird's PPG drops by 5.4 PPG, Reb by 0.5 Reb. Bird shoots an awful 40-114 (.351) against the Pistons.

Has a mediocre .53.8 TS% and 20.2 PER in the playoffs.

The Celtics had HCA and the #1 SRS in the league and you probably guessed what happened next, Larry Bird loses with HCA once again.

1989- Injured doesn't play in the postseason.

1990- Bird shoots .53.9 TS% and has 3.6 TOV as the Celtics once again you guessed it, lose with HCA.

1991- In the first round, his team needs to go 5 vs. the 41 win Pacers. His PPG drop by 2.3 PPG and his Rebounds and Assists also drop quite a bit. Has a .49.0 TS% 15.8 PER in the playoffs. Against the Pistons Bird averages 13.4 PPG on .44.6 TS%. His 56 win team played with you guessed it HCA and loses with it.

1992- Doesn't play in the first round as the Celtics sweep the Pacers.

In round 2, his team goes 7 against the Cavs, but Bird plays in 4 games and his team was 1-3 in those games.

Averages a pathetic 11.3 PPG and 4.5 Reb which are 8.4 PPG and 5.2 Reb down from his regular-season average. He has a .51.4 TS% and 16.4 PER in the postseason.

So out of 12 years, you get 9 years under .54.0 TS%, 5 under.52.0 TS%, and 3 under .50.0 TS%. From 80-83, he had a 19.9 playoff PER.

In that span, Johnny Moore, Franklin Edwards, Gus Williams, and Bob Lanier all had better playoff PER and WS/48. Teammates Parish, McHale, Tiny Archibald, and Cedric Maxwell had better TS% in that span.

From 88-92, he had an 18.8 PER which is 25th among players with 10 playoff games played.

Players who had better playoff PER's in that span include Fat Lever, Terry Cummings, Roy Tarpley, Cedric Ceballos, and Sarunas Marciulionis.

His teammates Reggie Lewis and Kevin McHale had better playoff PER's in that span.

With Bird, you get a nice 4-year run that had 4 straight finals appearances but outside of that, you get a 4-year span of .505 TS% (80-83) and a .525 TS% span (88-92).

In 12 years, you get 7 losses with HCA.

Basically, out of Bird's 13-year career, you have 1 injury season and 3 non-descript postseasons at the end of his plus some playoff disappointments early in his career.

Bird played in an NBA that shot about .48.5 in his career. Yet, in the post-season, he only shot .47.2. Which is bad enough, but, wait...it gets worse.

He shot a career .45.5 in his five finals.

In fact, he shot under .39.9 in his 31 Finals games as often as he shot over .49.9...eleven times (including two games of under .29.9!) His high Finals series was only .48.8, and his low was .41.9.

And how did the great "Game Seven" Bird fare in his lone game seven finals game? 6-18...or 33%.

Furthermore, in his five Finals, he was only the best player in two of them, and in fact, lost out to a teammate in the '81 Finals for the FMVP (Cedric Maxwell.) In fact, Bird wasn't even the second-best player on the floor in two more ('85 and '87 Finals.)

Cold soul
05-24-2022, 11:56 PM
Luka is a great player generational talent for sure but he isn't as good as Bird is yet but he's only 23 years old give him more time to see how his career plays out first.

kentatm
05-25-2022, 12:39 AM

Must be nice to be on a team w/multiple HOFs and All Stars like Larry had w/the Celtics.

kentatm
05-25-2022, 12:46 AM

l-o-****ing-l

You're just as silly as Kellerman farting out that garbage. Luka is #1 in creating open shots in the NBA the last two years. He can't shoot the ball for his teammates. It's on them to convert those open looks.

coastalmarker99
05-25-2022, 01:21 AM
l-o-****ing-l

You're just as silly as Kellerman farting out that garbage. Luka is #1 in creating open shots in the NBA the last two years. He can't shoot the ball for his teammates. It's on them to convert those open looks.

Bird got significantly worse in the playoffs

1980-83 RS: 22.2 ppg (20.7 per75), 10.8 rpg (10.1 per75), 5.4 apg (5.0 per75) on 54.6 TS% with 13.8 TOV%

1980-83 PS: 20.5 ppg (18.2 per75), 12.8 rpg (11.3 per75), 5.8 apg (5.1 per75) on 50.5 TS% with 14.5 TOV%

His scoring numbers were just horrible and it can't be simply explained by strong competition.

Even if we look at the Celtics' offence, it got considerably worse in the postseason:

1980-83 RS: +3.1 rORtg
1980-83 PS: +2.0 rORtg

It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great in a historical sense either.

Champ
05-26-2022, 12:36 PM
Seriously, look at Bird’s playoff numbers his first 4 years. He would get eviscerated if he played today :lol The older players have such an advantage playing before the internet/social media era, all of their poor performances that would live forever online get airbrushed from public knowledge.

Bird was the best player in the league during the 80/81 playoffs. It was his second year.

8Ball
05-26-2022, 12:44 PM
100%

Bird was outscored in three of his five finals by his OWN TEAMMATE :lol

OP is retarded, I proved this many times already.

nineiron
05-26-2022, 12:50 PM
OP is retarded, I proved this many times already.

stfu you little fanboy b1tch. you're one of the dumbest posters on this forum and everyone knows it.

your boy Luka just went 10 for 26 from the floor last game. lucky for him he got carried by his teammates. like i said, they're better without him.

ImKobe
05-26-2022, 12:56 PM
l-o-****ing-l

Yeah, the Luka haters are not making any sense ITT. It's like they're not even watching games. I know the people who are bashing Luka here are mostly Bran haters, so they can't give him props as they've bashed Lebron for his ball-dominant play, but they're two different players who create shots for their teammates in different ways. Luka basically has the modern equivalent of the '06 Lakers or the '07 Cavs and he has his team in the WCF and already beat the best team in the league, but it's a failure for a young player in his first real Playoff run because he doesn't win the title as a massive underdog? It would be one thing if Luka was averaging 22 ppg on horrible shooting with 6 turnovers a game and was failing to win close games, but that's not the case here.

8Ball
05-26-2022, 01:07 PM
stfu you little fanboy b1tch. you're one of the dumbest posters on this forum and everyone knows it.

your boy Luka just went 10 for 26 from the floor last game. lucky for him he got carried by his teammates. like i said, they're better without him.

You made a thread a few weeks ago about LeBron not closing and I humiliated you by showing you dozens of games he closed.

You don't need to be upset about being stupid, this forum has already determined that you are retarded. Lots of people are. The world still employs retarded people like you so you still have a role to play. There are also a lot of retard women out there so you are still able to find a mate. :oldlol:

nineiron
05-26-2022, 01:27 PM
You made a thread a few weeks ago about LeBron not closing and I humiliated you by showing you dozens of games he closed.

You don't need to be upset about being stupid, this forum has already determined that you are retarded. Lots of people are. The world still employs retarded people, I should know.

Lebron couldn't close a book

nineiron
05-26-2022, 09:59 PM
i told you Luka/bran stans to never compare this clown to Bird.