PDA

View Full Version : Ok great. Im in the backroom of Wally's, I spent thirty thousand on somebody grapes….

Kblaze8855
05-25-2022, 10:53 AM
^
Your favorite player(probably).

Lot of “Having our way” shit

https://youtu.be/gTf36GEcK8s

A picture came out recently claiming to be James Hardens end of night receipt:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2205252009200365.jpeg

My first thought was “I don’t know. James Harden probably spends more than that” and it turned out to be some lesser paid guy in Vegas just attached to Harden due to reputation. As I said he does more than that. He gave Lil Baby 100k in cash just to throw at the club not counting the night of drinking. He spent a million in a night in a club and got his jersey retired there in Houston.

That tab is some [Too short]“And it’s a Wednesday night it ain’t the weekend!”[/Too Short] shit.

These guys obviously have it to spend and will soon be making much more than they are now. Even the frugal ones spend insane money. 50 of them volunteered to have their spending tracked by a wealth management company and in a few months this is what they had spend just at their top places:

WHERE THEY SPEND THEIR MONEY

Express ($221,108)
Whole Foods Market ($73,113)
Neiman Marcus ($59,610)
Delta ($59,154)
LouisVuitton ($57,945)
IRS ($51,382)
American Airlines ($51,243)
Apple ($49,546)
Walmart ($45,902)
Mercedes-Benz ($44,835)
Target ($44,633)
Best Buy ($43,364)
Ally ($39,956)
Uber ($37,023)
Amazon ($36,990)

And that’s players concerned enough to want it tracked. JR Smith talked about how he used to go throw 60K in the strip club before he grew up. Obviously a different standard for truly rich people. And I get it to an extent because people here have been critical when I said I took 3K to a club. I didn’t spend it but I had it in case I needed it. I might spend a stack given good reason on the extremely rare occasion I’m in a place that I do it.

I really don’t think there’s any number I could have to make me spend the way those guys do. Just be out here Hardening showing my ass:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PalatableTangibleAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

It’s easy to say money won’t change you but…really thinking about it? Do you believe it? That with a 250 million dollar deal, a 150 million dollar shoe deal, and 4 side businesses making millions….when a group of 10s ask if you’re gonna meet them at the club and they want a few tables in VIP….

Are you 100% certain you decline?

And if so do you think less of the people who don’t?

Kblaze8855
05-25-2022, 11:12 AM
I tell myself I could never spend like that and I think I’m probably right but I may be throwing stones in a glass house on the principle of my argument.

Like…relative to world standards most of us are rich right? How many billion people don’t have the equivalent of 500 dollars?

That doesn’t stop me from spending more than that on a night at my favorite hotels in Miami. Fontainebleau there or Breakers in palm beach I’ll spend someone’s monthly pay in a weekend for no occasion at all. I spent thousands of dollars going across Texas for a few weeks recently. I don’t even wanna see what I spent on dinners. Eating prime rib in a ****ing spinning tower in San Antonio for no good reason.

It isn’t anything touching true wealth spending but compared to true poor people….I’m just as big a wasteful jackass.

Im not sure I have a leg to stand on when I criticize a 400 million dollar man spending 190k on something stupid. I just kinda….wanna do it anyway.

Even knowing the hypocrisy I wanna throw stones and quote Andre 3000. “How dare I throw it on the floor when people are poor” shit(shame on you if you don’t get the reference).

Kblaze8855
05-25-2022, 11:13 AM
Oh and if you’re wondering why they spend so much at Express? They have one of the best in store selections of big and tall clothing which obviously they all need.

warriorfan
05-25-2022, 11:17 AM
Don’t count other people’s money.

Axe
05-25-2022, 11:19 AM
Stimmy no more

Kblaze8855
05-25-2022, 11:34 AM

I fundamentally agree But so often in these cases the subjects are literally inviting you to count it. It isnt a rumor how James Harden spends money. He literally took a picture of money and said he gave it to his friend(Lil baby). Lil baby posts the bag full of money with a caption “Prada bag cause he proud-a me” or something like that. They literally post it to million of people and leave comments on to invite discussion.

I feel like when you have that open a lifestyle and quite literally invite discussion of it its hard to say the resulting discussion is some kind of invasion. It’s like the family guy LennyKravitz joke about pretending to not want attention but dressing like a wizard and shooting fireworks with a giant “Respect my privacy” flag.

If they didn’t want to be seen and be conversation pieces they wouldn’t carry on so openly, record it, and put it on the internet. Like…can you say “Stop counting my money” when you count it, announce the total, and put a picture of it on Instagram to be commented on?

Like….I’ve seen Floyd Mayweather post himself with millions of dollars. Post million dollar bets. Say exactly what he makes and blows.

Is that not kinda inviting people to talk about his spending habits?

When you participate in a spending tracking study then sign off on the results being published in the paper by your management company…aren’t you kinda…saying it’s ok to talk about?

Dbrog
05-25-2022, 12:16 PM
Harden got ripped off. I think that's what I'd be most upset about :oldlol:

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/tequila/reposado/clase-azul-reposado-tequila/p/104416750

FultzNationRISE
05-25-2022, 12:19 PM
I tell myself I could never spend like that and I think I’m probably right but I may be throwing stones in a glass house on the principle of my argument.

Like…relative to world standards most of us are rich right? How many billion people don’t have the equivalent of 500 dollars?

That doesn’t stop me from spending more than that on a night at my favorite hotels in Miami. Fontainebleau there or Breakers in palm beach I’ll spend someone’s monthly pay in a weekend for no occasion at all. I spent thousands of dollars going across Texas for a few weeks recently. I don’t even wanna see what I spent on dinners. Eating prime rib in a ****ing spinning tower in San Antonio for no good reason.

It isn’t anything touching true wealth spending but compared to true poor people….I’m just as big a wasteful jackass.

Im not sure I have a leg to stand on when I criticize a 400 million dollar man spending 190k on something stupid. I just kinda….wanna do it anyway.

Even knowing the hypocrisy I wanna throw stones and quote Andre 3000. “How dare I throw it on the floor when people are poor” shit(shame on you if you don’t get the reference).

I think the perception all depends on whether youre spending, or over spending.

If you wanna eat prime rib in a spinning building... you have to pay the going rate. It’s not a “necessary” thing to do but if you wanna do it, you're not technically being wasteful bc it’s the going rate for that particular indulgence.

OTOH, you can usually do whatever you wanna do in a club without spending 150k+. Ive had a good time in clubs and spent a lot less than that :lol

Same with clothes. If youre shopping and something catches your eye you really like, and it turns out it’s pricey... no big deal, if you can afford it. If youre out looking for the most expensive threads money can buy just so everyone can see you dripping in gucci... thats actually pretty corny.

Not that it bothers me in the least how these dudes spend their money. If theyre dumping it right back into the economy, that’s great. But to answer your question, I think the reason a lot of people look at their spending as buffoonish is not necessarily WHAT theyre buying/doing, but how willing they are to unnecessarily overpay.

It doesnt cost millions to look good, eat good, and have fun. If youre spending THAT much to do it, theres obviously some other motivation. But thats their business, and no concern of mine.

Kblaze8855
05-25-2022, 01:52 PM
Harden got ripped off. I think that's what I'd be most upset about :oldlol:

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/tequila/reposado/clase-azul-reposado-tequila/p/104416750

To be clear I don’t think that particular tab is Hardens it was just claimed to be online. I’m sure he has bigger ones though. And finding about the insane markup for bottle service is part of what motivated me to want a little bar/grill/club years ago. I had a place picked and was there with my friend who is into all that talking with the owner who was leasing it. It was a former brick oven pizza place with a lot of floor space. We are making plans and an old white lady came in and put me in “Lil bro” status. She wrote a check for the whole first years rent to the guy and I couldn’t blame him for taking it. Absolutely put me in my place.

Kblaze8855
05-25-2022, 01:54 PM
I think the perception all depends on whether youre spending, or over spending.

If you wanna eat prime rib in a spinning building... you have to pay the going rate. It’s not a “necessary” thing to do but if you wanna do it, you're not technically being wasteful bc it’s the going rate for that particular indulgence.

OTOH, you can usually do whatever you wanna do in a club without spending 150k+. Ive had a good time in clubs and spent a lot less than that :lol

Same with clothes. If youre shopping and something catches your eye you really like, and it turns out it’s pricey... no big deal, if you can afford it. If youre out looking for the most expensive threads money can buy just so everyone can see you dripping in gucci... thats actually pretty corny.

Not that it bothers me in the least how these dudes spend their money. If theyre dumping it right back into the economy, that’s great. But to answer your question, I think the reason a lot of people look at their spending as buffoonish is not necessarily WHAT theyre buying/doing, but how willing they are to unnecessarily overpay.

It doesnt cost millions to look good, eat good, and have fun. If youre spending THAT much to do it, theres obviously some other motivation. But thats their business, and no concern of mine.

JR smith had this to say which was some of my motivation to make this topic:

"We got the money, but we don't have the mindset," Smith told the iamathlete podcast."We'd rather go throw 60,000 dollars in a club, in a strip club. Go throw 60,000 dollars than go feed 2,500 people in the hood.
"Think about it. I've done this myself. I've thrown money in the club literally mindlessly, aimlessly drunk at a bar.
"I could have fed my community 10 times over with the money.
"I was so wrapped into me, I got that Eurocentric mindset. I need this designer jacket, I need these jeans, I need this bookbag, I need to be looking like this cause the vets got this, they pushin' this car... Why? Who am I impressing, I'm not even fulfilled with me."

FultzNationRISE
05-25-2022, 02:16 PM
JR smith had this to say which was some of my motivation to make this topic:

Yup.

And ofc it is sometimes fun to just get drunk and be obnoxious, theres nothing wrong with enjoying that once in a while. If you have athlete money and you wanna throw 60k in the air once in a blue moon just for the sheer sake of makin a memory with some friends, why not?

But if you do it as a habit, I think that's when it's usually a replacement for something missing.

Norcaliblunt
05-25-2022, 03:02 PM
What’s crazy is the amount of time, money, and energy average people “spend” that allows athletes to become so rich.

FultzNationRISE
05-25-2022, 04:14 PM
What’s crazy is the amount of time, money, and energy average people “spend” that allows athletes to become so rich.

It’s not that most individuals are investing such of high amount of those things, theres just a LOT of people who like basketball, so collectively it amounts to big numbers.

Kblaze8855
05-25-2022, 04:44 PM
The even greater tool is the diabolical way they get paid by non sports fans. ESPN is so needed by the minority of people into sports that they can ruin your entire company by keeping it from you. Your service can’t bundle espn it loses the only segment of the population guaranteed to watch something live. You don’t record sports. You have to watch it right as it happens. And people will go to whatever service allows it. That’s how losing espn for a single night broke the back of YouTube tv and made them cave.

Basketball and football and through them Disney, nbc, Fox, and cbs has every provider by the balls. Take all our shitty channels or don’t get sports which is all many of your subscribers even need you for.

Thats how you get the whole country paying the salaries of the nba with digital and traditional rights deals.

You don’t have to watch. You just have to pay your tv provider for the option to watch. And now they get a cut of Amazon prime, soon they get into Apple TV, and they already partially own Hulu. That’s why you see the “Hulu has live sports” ads. The big 4-5 companies in bed with sports leagues to get you to pay even if you don’t watch.

In the end you’re paying 30K for somebodies grapes. Just a few cents a piece.

aj1987
05-25-2022, 05:30 PM
I'm confused with the Water and RedBull. Is that price PER bottle of water/redbull?

Also, how in the **** do 20 people drink that much alcohol? Also want to know what the All Are Welcome for $11,000 is.

FultzNationRISE
05-25-2022, 05:38 PM
I'm confused with the Water and RedBull. Is that price PER bottle of water/redbull?

Also, how in the **** do 20 people drink that much alcohol? Also want to know what the All Are Welcome for $11,000 is.

Presumably it’s the price per bucket. Each bucket has like 5 bottles of water in it.

Guy spent 3k on bottled water for the night. What can ya do?

NBAGOAT
05-25-2022, 05:39 PM
i have no leg to stand in to criticize. besides all the typical indulgences, i would test my luck at some high stakes poker games if i had a 9 figure net worth. at least overindulgence is putting money into the economy, i'm just donating money to other rich people or people who play for living

Phoenix
05-25-2022, 05:40 PM
If I was rolling in that kind of cash I would just go right off the grid. All that does for me is put me in the position of f*uck you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI

aj1987
05-25-2022, 06:01 PM
Presumably it’s the price per bucket. Each bucket has like 5 bottles of water in it.

Guy spent 3k on bottled water for the night. What can ya do?

Yeah, buckets are usually 5/6, so that's about 200 waters and 100 redbulls. Christ!

Found a couple more tabs from the day after.

https://i.postimg.cc/3xWq7m0B/a2hijjhyk9191.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/sg8N2xpR/IMG-4496.jpg

Also, why would you spend $90k on a 6L bottle, when you can get 4 1.5L bottles for $30k? Retarded.

Kblaze8855
05-25-2022, 06:45 PM
I obviously can’t speak on how clubs deal with nba level spenders but I know for a fact vips often get free bottle service just to make others spend to match them. Not like…reserve a table vip. There to support the club and possibly being paid to appear vip. They can get a real receipt but pay cost or nothing at all for some of that shot just to make others step their spending up. And it works.

Ive never been one to try to match anyone showing out. When the 49ers walked into a club I was in on Atlanta I put my money up. **** that. I’m borderline hood rich not athlete rich and trying to keep up and front is how you end up back where you started.

8Ball
05-25-2022, 07:06 PM
Economy needs people to pump money instead of hoarding it.

So this is better for everyone if rich people spend lots of money vs holding it in a bank account or in bitcoin.

That's a downpayment on a $1M dollar investment property.

8Ball
05-25-2022, 07:09 PM
Yeah, buckets are usually 5/6, so that's about 200 waters and 100 redbulls. Christ!

Found a couple more tabs from the day after.

https://i.postimg.cc/3xWq7m0B/a2hijjhyk9191.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/sg8N2xpR/IMG-4496.jpg

Also, why would you spend $90k on a 6L bottle, when you can get 4 1.5L bottles for $30k? Retarded.

Kids are blowing 6 digits on stupid jpeg monkey nfts.

Lots of stupid money out there.

aj1987
05-25-2022, 10:22 PM
Kids are blowing 6 digits on stupid jpeg monkey nfts.

Lots of stupid money out there.

Why would you spend $90K on a 6L bottle, when you can get the same for $50K in 4 1.5L bottles?

Dbrog
05-26-2022, 12:11 PM
To be clear I don’t think that particular tab is Hardens it was just claimed to be online. I’m sure he has bigger ones though. And finding about the insane markup for bottle service is part of what motivated me to want a little bar/grill/club years ago. I had a place picked and was there with my friend who is into all that talking with the owner who was leasing it. It was a former brick oven pizza place with a lot of floor space. We are making plans and an old white lady came in and put me in “Lil bro” status. She wrote a check for the whole first years rent to the guy and I couldn’t blame him for taking it. Absolutely put me in my place.

Damn dude haha. That took a quick turn toward murdered dream :oldlol:
It does seem like a great plan after seeing this tab though!

GimmeThat
05-26-2022, 12:28 PM
this might be one of the best "knock knock" joke

999Guy
05-26-2022, 12:42 PM
I actually like rich people blowing their money. Money has corrupted the actual soul of the country to the point where society is pretty much failed.

SOMEBODY needs to have fun on account of it.

Henry Ford profiteered throughout the entire Second World War. Amplified the profiency of all that bloodshed just for a profit. And then died before the war ended. And died after his only son died.

A pointless cycle of human destruction, until Bezos goes to some club turns a bunch of thots into millionaires of course. Then at least there’s some sense to a society where everything is bought and sold.

bdonovan
05-26-2022, 02:04 PM
I recently made a bunch of money due to Bitcoin.

I decided to buy two nice watches (Longines) that cost $2,800/each, around. Yeah I know there are more expensive watches. But for me, that's expensive; I've never owned a watch in that range. I bought them as status watches to wear for business meetings, evenings out, when I have to impress people.

I also thought I'd enjoy wearing them just because. But I don't. The increase to my net happiness has been 0. Still serves some functional purpose on a rare occasion. Everyone's different but for me, I probably get more happiness by 'not spending' versus spending. Nice to know I can but still say no.

The main thing about having money for me is not having to think when I buy food or things on Amazon. Having less of a need to constantly weigh everything and wonder if I can afford things.

As for Harden, to each their own. The only thing I wonder about is Durant said he was shocked how out of shape Harden was coming into camp; how poor his conditioning was. Apparently Embiid wasn't too impressed with Harden either. If Harden's partying is distracting him from excellence on the court, then it's a fair issue to critique him on.

L.Kizzle
05-26-2022, 02:18 PM
Everyone says they won't spend the money, until they get the money.
Hell, common folk living pay check to pay check say "I'm not touching my next check" and once Friday hit, they running through it like C-Webb ran through the tape.

Kblaze8855
05-26-2022, 03:56 PM
Damn dude haha. That took a quick turn toward murdered dream :oldlol:
It does seem like a great plan after seeing this tab though!

I wouldn’t call it a dream of mine I just have a habit of going all in when I see an opportunity for money. I won’t think “That would be nice” I think about how I get it done. That summers goal was a bar but it wasn’t meant to be I guess.

The shit I’ve done on a whim after realizing there was money to make…I could tell stories I’m sure wouldn’t be entirely believed where I came out looking like an idiot or a genius. But nobody ever called me timid. I’m gonna go for it.

Kblaze8855
05-26-2022, 04:02 PM
If I was rolling in that kind of cash I would just go right off the grid. All that does for me is put me in the position of f*uck you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI

I agree with his message but even though I’ve arrived at something approximating “**** you” money I don’t have it in me to totally chill. And my girl has more than me far as liquid(well not liquid but I’ll say easily liquid if needed). Now that I have a little money I deal with people who have a lot of money and it bothers me not having the reach and resources they do. I have enough to say “**** you” to a job which I did during Covid and never looked back but I don’t have enough to do whatever I want. I just have enough so I don’t have to do what anyone else wants which will have to do for now.

And I actually pulled that movie up on the Firestick and I’m about to make a drink and watch it in the sunroom during the rain. Better than having a job I guess.

aj1987
05-27-2022, 06:50 PM
I recently made a bunch of money due to Bitcoin.

I decided to buy two nice watches (Longines) that cost $2,800/each, around. Yeah I know there are more expensive watches. But for me, that's expensive; I've never owned a watch in that range. I bought them as status watches to wear for business meetings, evenings out, when I have to impress people.

I also thought I'd enjoy wearing them just because. But I don't. The increase to my net happiness has been 0. Still serves some functional purpose on a rare occasion. Everyone's different but for me, I probably get more happiness by 'not spending' versus spending. Nice to know I can but still say no.

The main thing about having money for me is not having to think when I buy food or things on Amazon. Having less of a need to constantly weigh everything and wonder if I can afford things.

As for Harden, to each their own. The only thing I wonder about is Durant said he was shocked how out of shape Harden was coming into camp; how poor his conditioning was. Apparently Embiid wasn't too impressed with Harden either. If Harden's partying is distracting him from excellence on the court, then it's a fair issue to critique him on.

You dropped $5,600 on two Longines watches? You could've gotten a nice Omega for that.