PDA

View Full Version : Should the Heat blow it up this offseason if they end up losing to Boston.

coastalmarker99
05-25-2022, 11:06 PM
Miami will have some tough offseason questions to answer if they end up losing this series.

As I don't think this core who will be even older next season will be able to compete against PHI, BRK, MIL, BOS, or TOR next year

NBAGOAT
05-25-2022, 11:09 PM
absolutely not. They have one position to improve sg and they're ok if they dont because herro should improve. They should just aim for beal or mitchell with herro as the main piece with robinson taking up a lot of the salary. Beal or mitchell greatly improves their half court offense, one of their main weakness. Weak on defense sure but they're both good enough offensively to make up for that

coastalmarker99
05-25-2022, 11:10 PM
absolutely not. They have one position to improve sg and they're ok if they dont because herro should improve. They should just aim for beal or mitchell with herro as the main piece with robinson taking up a lot of the salary. Beal or mitchell greatly improves their half court offense, one of their main weakness. Weak on defense sure but they're both good enough offensively to make up for that

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat trade lowry this offseason.

Wally450
05-25-2022, 11:10 PM
Joel Embiid about 25 minutes ago on Twitter...

Miami needs another Star

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/1529654566383403008?s=20&t=gTSPUwELrcXABE_OIL8wSg

RRR3
05-25-2022, 11:11 PM
No way Butler is hurt too that is affecting us.

HylianNightmare
05-25-2022, 11:13 PM
Yes

Real Men Wear Green
05-25-2022, 11:18 PM
Worst case they are 2 games away from the Finals. You don't blow a team like this up unless you are offered high lottery picks or better players. But to just throw this team away for cap space and 3 years of tanking would be foolish. Adebayo and Herro are even young players.

I find Miami impressive simply because I've never seen a team find so many good players I had never heard of before they got them. IMO best scouting in the league.

coastalmarker99
05-25-2022, 11:18 PM
No way Butler is hurt too that is affecting us.

He is not a superstar in my eyes he is great but he isn't on that level and you are not winning a title without a superstar.

8Ball
05-25-2022, 11:20 PM
No?

Tyler Herro is injured Butler has a bad knee that finally caught up to him.

SouBeachTalents
05-25-2022, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I definitely don't see this either. They're 2 wins away from the Finals and coming off the best record in the conference. Hell, if Butler & Herro weren't injured they could've very easily made the Finals this year, and obv still can.

Axe
05-26-2022, 12:25 AM
There's doubt if they can make the finals again. Iggy isn't with the team anymore.

Taurus
05-26-2022, 01:04 AM
Worst case they are 2 games away from the Finals. You don't blow a team like this up unless you are offered high lottery picks or better players. But to just throw this team away for cap space and 3 years of tanking would be foolish. Adebayo and Herro are even young players.

I find Miami impressive simply because I've never seen a team find so many good players I had never heard of before they got them. IMO best scouting in the league.

I'd say the Warriors deserve an honorable mention in terms of scouting. But Miami definitely seems far and away the best, just seems like they manage to produce serviceable/good players out of nowhere constantly.

John8204
05-26-2022, 03:34 PM
Kyle Lowry/Duncan Robinson for Lebron James. You can't move Westbrook(nobody will take him) but you can move Lebron and give Russ his final year/final chance to salvage his legacy

Heat
SG - Herro
PG - Rondo
PF -Lebron
SF - Butler
C - Adebayo

Lakers
SG - Lowry
PG - Westbrook
C - Davis
PF - Anthony
SF - Robinson

Real Men Wear Green
05-26-2022, 03:36 PM
Kyle Lowry/Duncan Robinson for Lebron James.

You're insane.

Kblaze8855
05-26-2022, 04:13 PM
Absolutely not. They shouldn’t even consider it. Who throws away a young core that good? You can win a title just off injury related luck with a team like that.

ImKobe
05-26-2022, 05:55 PM
They definitely need to make some trades but I wouldn't move Butler/Bam unless Embiid really forced his way there.

coastalmarker99
05-29-2022, 11:07 PM
Everyone besides Jimmy should be on the table for the Heat this offseason.

PP34Deuce
05-30-2022, 08:57 AM
Bam is fine
Butler is fine
Herro is fine as 6th man

Need to solidify the guard rotation. Lowry ain't it. Pj tucker is a 8th 9th man not a starter.

Oladipo if healthy is a great stopgap sg for them.