PDA

View Full Version : Brunson should leave the Mavs

bdonovan
05-27-2022, 03:35 AM
Brunson will be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason. Brunson scored 18 pts/game in the series with GSW (2nd on Mavs) - he shot at 46% FG (compared to 41% for Luka) and 41% from 3 pt range (compared to 34% for Luka). (source (https://www.nba.com/playoffs/2022/west-final/stats))

What's more is that he's a terrific defender who plays with intensity on the defensive end. Also careful with the ball - less than 1 turnover a game with 4 assists, whereas Luka turned the ball over ~4 times/game with 6 assists.

All series long, here is what Mavs fans have said:

"Luka is carrying the Mavs; he has NO HELP"

"No fair, Warriors have so many good players, all we have is Luka"

"Brunson play like a JV player first time on varsity"

Mavs fans aren't Mavs fans- they're Luka fans. They absolve his every flaw and disregard the contributions of other players. This is not going to change. Brunson will be better off getting paid somewhere else and not dealing with fans who mindlessly disregard his impact on the game.

Spurs m8
05-27-2022, 05:07 AM
They'll love Brunson as much, if he's relaible and consistant...

He shit the bed today

God you're all such short sighted girls lmao

bdonovan
05-27-2022, 05:20 AM

He shit the bed today

Reliable and consistent? Brunson shoots a higher 2FG%, 3FG%, EFG than Doncic - both in this series and the regular season. And it's not even close. Re-read the stats I posted and the source. If anything Doncic needs to improve his reliability and stop depending on volume shooting to make his point total look good.

Brunson shit the bed? Doncic was 10-28; missing 18 shots is a good way to lose the game. As I pointed out, Brunson had higher performance stats throughout the series.

But it's this kind of double standards from Mavs fans which will drive away other players. Ask any Dallas fan who's to blame, they'll call out everyone but Doncic despite Doncic performing the worst on the team offensively. And that's to say nothing of his defensive inadequacies (Doncic -12 +/- worst on both teams). My suggestion to Brunson: go to a team without a Great White Hope that the mindless fans favor without reason.

NBAGOAT
05-27-2022, 05:34 AM
Pretty bad faith arguments, brunsons ts% was 1.2% higher during the rs and .4% higher this series. You talk impact there’s no universe where brunsons matches lukas. You can talk about brunson being happier elsewhere. I would like you to name those destinations. The Knicks? Pistons? Please :lol. The only reason he should consider leaving is if they offer significantly more money

bdonovan
05-27-2022, 05:47 AM
Pretty bad faith arguments, brunsons ts% was 1.2% higher during the rs and .4% higher this series. You talk impact there’s no universe where brunsons matches lukas. You can talk about brunson being happier elsewhere. I would like you to name those destinations. The Knicks? Pistons? Please :lol. The only reason he should consider leaving is if they offer significantly more money

You're imagining things again. Nowhere is the argument made Brunson is a better player than Doncic. The argument is that fans overvalue Doncic & overlook his flaws; while undervaluing other players on the team. Even in cases where Doncic screws up like going 10-26 or 10-28, they'll blame other players. That's not an environment these guys want to be in - when they're blamed for someone else' failings and their contributions disregarded.

As for where Brunson will be better off, I guess we'll see this off-season.

Spurs m8
05-27-2022, 05:51 AM
And how would Brunson go as the leader and #1 option of a team?

If he continues how he was the last few months, he'll get his rightful recognition literally next season....hes now on the radar of many.

This is such a dumb thread lol

Lebron23
05-27-2022, 06:11 AM

He shit the bed today

Luka won't win an NBA Championship in Dallas. Dude is still a terrible defender.

bdonovan
05-27-2022, 06:14 AM
And how would Brunson go as the leader and #1 option of a team?

If he continues how he was the last few months, he'll get his rightful recognition literally next season....hes now on the radar of many.

This is such a dumb thread lol

If it is, it's because you've lowered the quality of the conversation. Work on your comprehension.

Lebron23
05-27-2022, 06:22 AM
If it is, it's because you've lowered the quality of the conversation. Work on your comprehension.

Brunson is going to sign with the New York Knicks

90sgoat
05-27-2022, 10:34 AM
Brunson is going to sign with the New York Knicks

Where small point guards go to die?

FultzNationRISE
05-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Just depends on what he wants.

Big money from a team that probably can never be relevant while paying him big money (a la Kemba)... or more of a balance between role, money, and team success.

Neither decision is wrong, just depends on what he feels is best for himself at this point.

Personally I hope he can work out something with Dallas where he gets paid but not overpaid, and with the expectation theyre gonna push the tempo a bit more often which will be good for his game, and IMO good for the Mavericks as a whole.

If everyone compromises a little theres no reason they cant end up finding a solution good for everyone.

That said, nobody is obligated to compromise. I just personally hope it works that way.

tontoz
05-27-2022, 11:59 AM
Remember that Hardaway was out. It might make more sense for them to let Bruson go and bring in a big.

90sgoat
05-27-2022, 12:01 PM
I hope Brunson stays, but for the Mavs, it's more important to get Gobert.

I do think Brunson is a good culture guy for Mavs and very tough mentally. I'd like to see him develop even more to be the Dwade to Luka's Lebron. Mavs need someone who isn't intimidated by Luka.

90sgoat
05-27-2022, 12:01 PM
Remember that Hardaway was out. It might make more sense for them to let Bruson go and bring in a big.

Timmy is a 3 and no D player.

Glorified Bul-lock.