PDA

View Full Version : Another Curry ring and a FMVP pass Kobe?

Hey Yo
05-29-2022, 02:18 AM
They'de both have 2 rings as the man, but Kobe would have one more FMVP.

Shooter
05-29-2022, 02:22 AM
Curry also has the 2 MVPs to Kobe's 1 MVP in 20 years

TheGoatest
05-29-2022, 03:08 AM
I agree that 2 MVPs & 1 FMVP > 1 MVP & 2 FMVPs
However, Curry has 4 All-NBA 1st team selections compared to Kobe's 11. Not to mention 13K fewer career points.
If we forget everything about them and only look at their individual accolades in terms of Player A vs Player B, right now Curry would still be way behind Kobe, regardless of the outcome of these finals.

John8204
05-29-2022, 04:58 AM
Curry needs 5 rings and 25K points to be in consideration to pass Kobe. Remember Kobe played defense so it's the best iso player vs the best shooter.

TheGoatest
05-29-2022, 05:12 AM
Curry's legacy will never be based on objective, hard facts (amount of individual accolades he won), but will forever be based on subjective "he changed the game" kind of crap... Even though he played with a teammate who was as good of a 3 point shooter as him, and for 3 seasons played with 2 teammates that were as good of 3 point shooters as him, but whatever. The point is that his individual accolades aren't top 10 material.

If Kobe's 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVPs, 11 All-NBA 1st teams, 9 all-defensive 1st teams and 33K career points aren't enough for him to be top 10, then Curry's 2 MVPs, 1 Finals MVP (assuming he doesn't choke away this one), 4 All-NBA 1st teams, 0 all-defensive selections and 20K career points certainly aren't good enough for top 10.

He does have the all-time 3 point record though. However, considering the amount of 3s that are shot these days, it's pretty much only a matter of time before it gets broken. I mean, Tatum has over a quarter of Curry's career 3s, and he just turned 24.

Bronbron23
05-29-2022, 11:16 AM
They'de both have 2 rings as the man, but Kobe would have one more FMVP.

No Kobe was just better he did it all in a much tougher era also.

8Ball
05-29-2022, 11:22 AM
Yes he passes Kobe, passes Hakeem too.

Bron
Jordan
Kareem
Russell
Duncan
Magic
Bird
Shaq
Wilt
Curry
Hakeem / Kobe

tpols
05-29-2022, 11:31 AM
Super star rings as the man (with organic development ie no team hopping with superstars)

Russell 11 rings
MJ 6 rings
Magic 5 rings
Duncan 4 rings
Kobe 4 rings
Bird 3 rings
Curry 3 rings
Kareem 3 rings
Hakeem 2 rings
Wilt 1 ring

That's the top 10. So if Curry wins he's battling Kobe and Duncan for top 5. Pretty much a toss up.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-29-2022, 11:42 AM
Super star rings as the man (with organic development ie no team hopping with superstars)

Russell 11 rings
MJ 6 rings
Magic 5 rings
Duncan 4 rings
Kobe 4 rings
Bird 3 rings
Curry 3 rings
Kareem 3 rings
Hakeem 2 rings
Wilt 1 ring

That's the top 10. So if Curry wins he's battling Kobe and Duncan for top 5. Pretty much a toss up.

With another title and FMVP, Curry is definitely knocking on that door. Depending on how he performs, I may consider him Top 10 far as resumes go.

Where's Shaq by the way? His production in 2000 en-route to a ring is nearly worth 2 of them bitches.

AlternativeAcc.
05-29-2022, 11:58 AM
I love how people blatantly pretend that any of Currys rings mean anything.

The 2015 ring where they faced all injured teams and he lost FMVP to iggy obviously means nothing.

Durant joining them and making the most stacked team of all time, while snatching BOTH FMVPs and averging like 35/8/5 in the finals.... those obviously mean nothing for curry either....

He literally has zero rings and a mountain of choke jobs... you guys are like adults who pretend wrestling is real. Grow up. It's embarrassing

No, curry doesn't pass anyone whose actually great and never will

FKAri
05-29-2022, 11:58 AM

Russell 11 rings
MJ 6 rings
Magic 5 rings
Duncan 4 rings
Kobe 4 rings
Bird 3 rings
Curry 3 rings
Kareem 3 rings
Hakeem 2 rings
Wilt 1 ring

Take Kobe, Russell, and Magic out of that list. It's disrespectful to the others.

tpols
05-29-2022, 12:03 PM
With another title and FMVP, Curry is definitely knocking on that door. Depending on how he performs, I may consider him Top 10 far as resumes go.

Where's Shaq by the way? His production in 2000 en-route to a ring is nearly worth 2 of them bitches.

You're right Shaq does deserve 3 superstar rings even though he was a big time team hopper. But when he team hopped to LA Kobe wasn't Kobe yet. So its not like he joined an MVP player in a team hop like Durant or LeBron did. Ditto Kareem on the Lakers, he joined before Magic.

dazzer87
05-29-2022, 12:09 PM
4-6 >> 4-10

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-29-2022, 12:11 PM
You're right Shaq does deserve 3 superstar rings even though he was a big time team hopper. But when he team hopped to LA Kobe wasn't Kobe yet. So its not like he joined an MVP player in a team hop like Durant or LeBron did. Ditto Kareem on the Lakers, he joined before Magic.

https://c.tenor.com/3MCzKG83K88AAAAd/snoop-dogg-yes.gif

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2022, 12:17 PM

Russell 11 rings
MJ 6 rings
Magic 5 rings
Duncan 4 rings
Kobe 4 rings
Bird 3 rings
Curry 3 rings
Kareem 3 rings
Hakeem 2 rings
Wilt 1 ring

Kobe team hopped on the night of the draft. Kareem team hopped mid career. So they're all out I guess.

Forcing your way to an elite organization that is going to entice other stars is no different than just joining other stars directly. The purpose and results are identical.

DMAVS41
05-29-2022, 12:33 PM
A title and finals mvp this year, which just mean he played great...puts him up there with everyone other than the elite of the elite all-time. Definitely in the top 10 range by any reasonable standard and assuming he plays well for a few more years.

People forget that the Curry/Klay/Dray already proved how great they were before Durant...not to mention that in 19...they basically won like 80% of their games without Durant and easily made the Finals without him. Now, a few years later, they are back to easily making the finals again with a completely different group around them....all with Curry playing fantastic individually and making his teammates better.

Just the finals birth alone vaults him up because it just proves how impactful he is...if he wins the title playing great...what is there to say? That he's not as good as Michael or Kareem or Lebron or Magic or Wilt or Bird...etc...

Ok...cool

SouBeachTalents
05-29-2022, 12:36 PM
Recruiting peak KD to your already 73 win squad after choking in the Finals is equally as non competitive as team hopping.

tpols
05-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Kobe team hopped on the night of the draft. Kareem team hopped mid career. So they're all out I guess.

Forcing your way to an elite organization that is going to entice other stars is no different than just joining other stars directly. The purpose and results are identical.

Kobe was literally a teenager at the time of his "team hop". Which doesn't even make sense since it was the first and only team he ever played for. Same with Magic.

This is in stark contrast to players team hopping with other superstars, both in their primes.

Imagine if kobe got sick of losing with Odom and said **** it and joined Tim Duncan and the spurs. That's what Durant and LeBron did. Theres not a single time in NBA history that two MVP talents colluded on that level.

Its unprecedented and a cheat code. Which is why those titles generally feel cheap. Anybody can win if they team up with their MVP opposition. That's like Bird playing with Magic.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2022, 01:07 PM
Kobe was literally a teenager at the time of his "team hop". Which doesn't even make sense since it was the first and only team he ever played for. Same with Magic.

This is in stark contrast to players team hopping with other superstars, both in their primes.

Imagine if kobe got sick of losing with Odom and said **** it and joined Tim Duncan and the spurs. That's what Durant and LeBron did. Theres not a single time in NBA history that two MVP talents colluded on that level.

Its unprecedented and a cheat code. Which is why those titles generally feel cheap. Anybody can win if they team up with their MVP opposition. That's like Bird playing with Magic.

You do know this is exactly what he ATTEMPTED to do, right?

tpols
05-29-2022, 01:11 PM
You do know this is exactly what he ATTEMPTED to do, right?

I remember him trying to force his way to the Bulls to play with luol deng. Which... isn't nearly the same thing.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2022, 01:20 PM
I remember him trying to force his way to the Bulls to play with luol deng. Which... isn't nearly the same thing.

"[The Lakers] obviously want to move in a different direction in terms of rebuilding," Bryant said, adding he could have opted to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers or Chicago Bulls instead. "Three years ago when I was re-signing they should have told me they wanted to rebuild."

Asked if he had any preference for a trade destination, he said "At this point I'll go play on Pluto."

He wanted to go play on a loaded team with Cassell, Brand, Maggette etc, or with the baby Bulls who were expected to become an elite team. He wanted to hand pick his teammates, and he wanted to be traded to teams that were already starting to succeed without him. He explicitly said management should have told him they were rebuilding before he signed his contract, because then he could have gone elsewhere.

At least Lebron went to organizations that were struggling before he got there, with no guarantee of the necessary chemistry to have success.

Kobe wanted to be traded to two of the hottest teams in the league at the time.

But "organic" tho :lol

tpols
05-29-2022, 01:34 PM
He wanted to go play on a loaded team with Cassell, Brand, Maggette etc, or with the baby Bulls who were expected to become an elite team. He wanted to hand pick his teammates, and he wanted to be traded to teams that were already starting to succeed without him. He explicitly said management should have told him they were rebuilding before he signed his contract, because then he could have gone elsewhere.

At least Lebron went to organizations that were struggling before he got there, with no guarantee of the necessary chemistry to have success.

Kobe wanted to be traded to two of the hottest teams in the league at the time.

But "organic" tho :lol

But you lied here bro. Elton Brand isn't Tim Duncan. Yea he had a nice short peak but he's like a top 100 talent all time. Duncan is top 5-10.

Joining the Bulls? Luol deng was the guy he wanted to pair up with. To make him his pippen and relive his MJ fantasies. You're comparing that to joining prime peak Dwayne wade?

:biggums:

Kobe in his prime never pulled a bitch move joining a top MVP talent nor did he try. Everybody.... And I mean every body said he could never win without Shaq and he did it twice with a guy who had never made an All NBA team before teaming up.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2022, 01:42 PM
But you lied here bro. Elton Brand isn't Tim Duncan. Yea he had a nice short peak but he's like a top 100 talent all time. Duncan is top 5-10.

Joining the Bulls? Luol deng was the guy he wanted to pair up with. To make him his pippen and relive his MJ fantasies. You're comparing that to joining prime peak Dwayne wade?

:biggums:

Kobe in his prime never pulled a bitch move joining a top MVP talent nor did he try. Everybody.... And I mean every body said he could never win without Shaq and he did it twice with a guy who had never made an All NBA team before teaming up.

Team > Individual

Wanting to play with a close friend and turning an organization around is much more respectable than jumping off a losing team to a winning one.

Lebron leaves finals teams to go play on trainwrecks. Kobe wanted to leave the team he couldnt win a playoff series with and go to teams that were already better than his.

:confusedshrug:

AlternativeAcc.
05-29-2022, 03:06 PM
A title and finals mvp this year, which just mean he played great...puts him up there with everyone other than the elite of the elite all-time. Definitely in the top 10 range by any reasonable standard and assuming he plays well for a few more years.

People forget that the Curry/Klay/Dray already proved how great they were before Durant...not to mention that in 19...they basically won like 80% of their games without Durant and easily made the Finals without him. Now, a few years later, they are back to easily making the finals again with a completely different group around them....all with Curry playing fantastic individually and making his teammates better.

Just the finals birth alone vaults him up because it just proves how impactful he is...if he wins the title playing great...what is there to say? That he's not as good as Michael or Kareem or Lebron or Magic or Wilt or Bird...etc...

Ok...cool

Curry has never made the playoffs without Klay

They literally missed the playoffs just last year. They're back to easily making the finals because they're absurdly stacked and had an absurdly easy path to the finals

These takes just get worse and worse :oldlol:

You actually said just making the finals vaults him hahahahaha. Truly moronic

DMAVS41
05-29-2022, 04:02 PM
Curry has never made the playoffs without Klay

They literally missed the playoffs just last year. They're back to easily making the finals because they're absurdly stacked and had an absurdly easy path to the finals

These takes just get worse and worse :oldlol:

You actually said just making the finals vaults him hahahahaha. Truly moronic

What do you think it matters that he missed the playoffs last year?

If it was so easy to make the finals...why didn't any other players / teams...easily make the finals.

Absurdly stacked? Sure, I guess...no different than all the other players / teams that had sustained success like this. You could do this shit for everyone. Jordan never won without Pippen. Kobe missed the playoffs and couldn't get out of the first round without one a first ballot hall of famer...etc...etc...etc. Shaq couldn't win shit without two of the best shooting guards in NBA history....and hall of fame coaching. Durant couldn't do shit without the most stacked teams ever. Magic and Kareem. Bird had loaded teams. Dr. J / Moses. Lebron / Kyrie / Love...Wade / Bosh...LOL

Are the only great players Duncan / Hakeem / Dirk?????? Because they won with less?

Curry is going to go down as one of the best players of all time and rightfully so...and if he continues to play great and wins another title...he's going to jump up to groups of players people like you will freak out about...but you'll be wrong and the rest of us will be right.

Sorry if you can't handle it...

AlternativeAcc.
05-29-2022, 04:55 PM
What do you think it matters that he missed the playoffs last year?

If it was so easy to make the finals...why didn't any other players / teams...easily make the finals.

Absurdly stacked? Sure, I guess...no different than all the other players / teams that had sustained success like this. You could do this shit for everyone. Jordan never won without Pippen. Kobe missed the playoffs and couldn't get out of the first round without one a first ballot hall of famer...etc...etc...etc. Shaq couldn't win shit without two of the best shooting guards in NBA history....and hall of fame coaching. Durant couldn't do shit without the most stacked teams ever. Magic and Kareem. Bird had loaded teams. Dr. J / Moses. Lebron / Kyrie / Love...Wade / Bosh...LOL

Are the only great players Duncan / Hakeem / Dirk?????? Because they won with less?

Curry is going to go down as one of the best players of all time and rightfully so...and if he continues to play great and wins another title...he's going to jump up to groups of players people like you will freak out about...but you'll be wrong and the rest of us will be right.

Sorry if you can't handle it...

I dont care about the narratives or what casual fans think.

I KNOW curry is one dimensional and has been in the luckiest position EVER.

I know Bird was truly great. I know magic was.

I know if you swap Dame and Curry, the Blazers have less playoff success than they've had and the Warriors win just as much. I know all of this because I don't pay attention to false narratives or general public views. My IQ is elite in this space and I know curry doesn't measure up to guys like Bird or LeBron. He's nowhere even close.

DMAVS41
05-29-2022, 04:58 PM
I dont care about the narratives or what casual fans think.

I KNOW curry is one dimensional and has been in the luckiest position EVER.

I know Bird was truly great. I know magic was.

I know if you swap Dame and Curry, the Blazers have less playoff success than they've had and the Warriors win just as much. I know all of this because I don't pay attention to false narratives or general public views. My IQ is elite in this space and I know curry doesn't measure up to guys like Bird or LeBron. He's nowhere even close.

You don't "know" that...you think that....and that is fine.

I disagree. He's certainly been blessed by great circumstances, but given the thread title...turning that into 6 finals in 8 years and 4 titles...all while averaging roughly 26/5/6 on great efficiency...while making his teammates better...puts him in elite company.

Like I said...you can keep talking about your IQ...but it is what it is. Also, not sure why you listed Bird or Lebron...I said I would have Curry behind them even if he wins....:confusedshrug:

AlternativeAcc.
05-29-2022, 05:00 PM
You don't "know" that...you think that....and that is fine.

I disagree. He's certainly been blessed by great circumstances, but given the thread title...turning that into 6 finals in 8 years and 4 titles...all while averaging roughly 26/5/6 on great efficiency...while making his teammates better...puts him in elite company.

Like I said...you can keep talking about your IQ...but it is what it is. Also, not sure why you listed Bird or Lebron...I said I would have Curry behind them even if he wins....:confusedshrug:

Put Dame in the same position and his numbers are likely better, and they win the same and maybe more.

But no one's saying Dame is a potential top 10 great.

Narratives

DMAVS41
05-29-2022, 05:01 PM
Put Dame in the same position and his numbers are likely better, and they win the same and maybe more.

But no one's saying Dame is a potential top 10 great.

Narratives

I disagree. I think Curry is a clear better player than Dame.

AlternativeAcc.
05-29-2022, 05:05 PM
I disagree. I think Curry is a clear better player than Dame.

He's a better 3pt shooter but Dame is elite from 3 also and would benefit from playing with Klay and Dray. (And Durant, Wiggins, Poole) so his numbers would be better if he played with those guys most of his career

But dame is better everywhere else... better driver, passer, way more clutch...

Its ok that we disagree. But put Curry in Durants position on OKC with westbrick and scrubs and I guarentee they never win shit. And damn sure don't make deep playoff runs like durant did. He's just been unbelievably lucky.

DMAVS41
05-29-2022, 05:09 PM
He's a better 3pt shooter but Dame is elite from 3 also and would benefit from playing with Klay and Dray. (And Durant, Wiggins, Poole) so his numbers would be better if he played with those guys most of his career

But dame is better everywhere else... better driver, passer, way more clutch...

Its ok that we disagree. But put Curry in Durants position on OKC with westbrick and scrubs and I guarentee they never win shit. And damn sure don't make deep playoff runs like durant did. He's just been unbelievably lucky.

Again, you could say this about almost anyone. I agree that titles and team accomplishments are over-rated for ranking players...but in this case I just happen to think Curry is better than you do...simply as a player.

But, again, you could destroy Shaq's career using this logic. He didn't do shit without elite help and coaching on your standard...he certainly never won a title with the kind of help that Duncan (03) or Dirk won with.

Does that automatically make them both better?

AlternativeAcc.
05-29-2022, 05:18 PM
Again, you could say this about almost anyone. I agree that titles and team accomplishments are over-rated for ranking players...but in this case I just happen to think Curry is better than you do...simply as a player.

But, again, you could destroy Shaq's career using this logic. He didn't do shit without elite help and coaching on your standard...he certainly never won a title with the kind of help that Duncan (03) or Dirk won with.

Does that automatically make them both better?

But I know Shaq was an unstoppable force in the playoffs. Curry isnt... or anywhere close to shaq

Curry has the same career stats as Dame on slightly better efficiency. Switch roles and the efficiency switches too most likely

What Shaq did with Kobe automatically makes him better than Curry cause I know curry couldn't come close to that level of play.

My point is that put Dame on the Warriors from 15 on and.... they probably have 4 titles instead of 3 and Dame probably has at least 1 FMVP.

You cant put many people in shaqs place and replicate what he did. That's what makes it great...

But I'm not gonna get in a long debate with you about it cause we're not changing each other's minds. Have a good day

DMAVS41
05-29-2022, 09:46 PM
But I know Shaq was an unstoppable force in the playoffs. Curry isnt... or anywhere close to shaq

Curry has the same career stats as Dame on slightly better efficiency. Switch roles and the efficiency switches too most likely

What Shaq did with Kobe automatically makes him better than Curry cause I know curry couldn't come close to that level of play.

My point is that put Dame on the Warriors from 15 on and.... they probably have 4 titles instead of 3 and Dame probably has at least 1 FMVP.

You cant put many people in shaqs place and replicate what he did. That's what makes it great...

But I'm not gonna get in a long debate with you about it cause we're not changing each other's minds. Have a good day

He was an unstoppable force that lost every time he didn't have an all-time great running mate and a great coach.

But I know Curry is a walking 26/5/5 on great efficiency that often gets doubled off the ball at 30 feet...making the game much easier on his teammates.

Again, Dame is great, but he's not Curry in my opinion...so I disagree...but even if I did...Dirk playing next to Kobe and Wade wins as much or more...I don't see how that makes him as good or better than Shaq.

It's just a bad argument.

If you want to just say that you don't think Curry is that good...cool...just say that and we can disagree. I think his level of play combined with the results he's produced based on his circumstances...puts him in the top 20 of all-time right now. If, as the thread says....he plays fantastic and leads this team to a title...he deserves to start getting mentioned in the top 10 range...but that is just my opinion.

You can list your top 20 and show me all the guys that are better.