PDA

View Full Version : Let's revisit the Stus three that was overturned like 6 or 7 plays later.

Shogon
05-29-2022, 11:22 PM
That's literally the game.

Crazy.

Has the league always done this and I'm just unaware or what?

And the angle on the replay we saw left some ambiguity as to whether or not his heel actually came down on the line. I don't understand that call or what exactly transpired there.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2022, 11:24 PM
They started checking and adding or removing points for toe on the line or out of bounds plays a while back. You’d never notice if the commentator doesn’t mention it. They don’t do a good job calling attention to the review but it does happen.

SouBeachTalents
05-29-2022, 11:24 PM
Damn, completely forgot about this shit :lol I don't remember them ever taking points off the board several plays later like that.

Shogon
05-29-2022, 11:27 PM
They started checking and adding or removing points for toe on the line or out of bounds plays a while back. You’d never notice if the commentator doesn’t mention it. They don’t do a good job calling attention to the review but it does happen.

Damn, I knew they would change the call from a three to a two but I've never seen points just straight up stripped off of the scoreboard that many plays later during a playoff game especially on a play that still had ambiguity.

FultzNationRISE
05-29-2022, 11:30 PM
It’s been happening from time to time for a while now, tho it’s obviously rare.

I think if it’s genuinely so close you have to slow down a replay to tell, they should just count it as a three. A literal inch doesnt change the difficulty of the shot, it’s an arbitrary line they just have to draw somewhere. If it’s close enough to require angles and zoom ins, just count the three regardless.

IMO.

tpols
05-29-2022, 11:32 PM
Literally made the difference in the game and whole NBA title run this year. Butler doesn't pull up for a hero 3 on Horford if the heat are up 1 instead of down 2.

I've literally never seen this before. Straight rig. Celtics are the far bigger money draw vs Golden State. Dray was already given the script. :lol

Shogon
05-29-2022, 11:35 PM
@Fultz... agreed.

Literally made the difference in the game and whole NBA title run this year. Butler doesn't pull up for a hero 3 on Horford if the heat are up 1 instead of down 2.

I've literally never seen this before. Straight rig. Celtics are the far bigger money draw vs Golden State. Dray was already given the script. :lol

I don't think it matters at the end.

Golden State is probably going to wax that ass either way, but the Celtics definitely matchup better against them than the Heat do. Should be an interesting series.

CelticBaller
05-29-2022, 11:36 PM
I've seen it before, local broadcast does a better job at picking things like that up

ImKobe
05-29-2022, 11:37 PM
That was a huge call. Upon reviewing the replay, his heel does not touch the ground, thus he wasn't out of bounds and the 3 should have counted. It was somewhat close, but if you slow down the clip it's obvious that he doesn't plant the heel, so the 3 should have stood.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2022, 11:39 PM
Damn, I knew they would change the call from a three to a two but I've never seen points just straight up stripped off of the scoreboard that many plays later during a playoff game especially on a play that still had ambiguity.

I don’t know about during a playoff game but I’ve seen it happen enough to no longer be surprised. They always change it. I distinctly remember seeing it happen in a couple bulls games. They check every play like that. Pretty much every corner three or even close toe on the line 3 gets check and adjusted later. It’s just usually a quick throwaway line in the second about how they did whatever and why the scoreboard is what it is.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2022, 11:41 PM
That was a huge call. Upon reviewing the replay, his heel does not touch the ground, thus he wasn't out of bounds and the 3 should have counted. It was somewhat close, but if you slow down the clip it's obvious that he doesn't plant the heel, so the 3 should have stood.

i’ve seen two pictures one showing he was probably hovering over and another showing he seemed to touch it with the middle of his foot as his heel was still up. Makes me believe the difference is just who you’re rooting for and where you choose to stop the clip to make your point.

Shogon
05-29-2022, 11:42 PM
I think the biggest concern is the fact that we don't definitively without question know the correct answer, thus it shouldn't have been overturned. C'est la vie.

Kblaze8855
05-29-2022, 11:48 PM
Well yea I’ve always thought that anything that needs 30 looks with slow motion from every angle should be left alone. That said….I can’t argue against getting a call right just because it’s baaaaaarely right. Tough call.

I guess you lean towards accuracy but if it’s so close people still aren’t sure? **** it. Let it go.

ImKobe
05-29-2022, 11:57 PM
i’ve seen two pictures one showing he was probably hovering over and another showing he seemed to touch it with the middle of his foot as his heel was still up. Makes me believe the difference is just who you’re rooting for and where you choose to stop the clip to make your point.

Nah. The middle of his foot is not on the line and his heel never goes down all the way, so the 3 is good. Obviously it doesn't mean that the rest of the game plays out the exact same way if they don't take off the 3 pts, so I'm not going to say that it changed the outcome of of the game as the Heat could have made their FTs or just played better overall. Refs get plenty of calls wrong all game so we can't put it all on one play.

Kblaze8855
05-30-2022, 12:05 AM
. Nah. The middle of his foot is not on the line and his heel never goes down all the way, so the 3 is good.

Barring some new angle coming out it’s gonna be debated for another 10 years and probably 30 in Miami. It isn’t as simple as “This is what happened” . Obviously someone thinks otherwise.

I don’t know either way. Like I said I’ve seen people argue both sides with clips clearly selected to support their view. Maybe the nba says it was wrong in the morning but I don’t know if they do that for league replay rulings.

BarberSchool
05-30-2022, 12:07 AM
That was a huge call. Upon reviewing the replay, his heel does not touch the ground, thus he wasn't out of bounds and the 3 should have counted. It was somewhat close, but if you slow down the clip it's obvious that he doesn't plant the heel, so the 3 should have stood.Bingo.

ImKobe
05-30-2022, 12:16 AM
Barring some new angle coming out it’s gonna be debated for another 10 years and probably 30 in Miami. It isn’t as simple as “This is what happened” . Obviously someone thinks otherwise.

I don’t know either way. Like I said I’ve seen people argue both sides with clips clearly selected to support their view. Maybe the nba says it was wrong in the morning but I don’t know if they do that for league replay rulings.

Pretty much. I only saw one angle, and they called nothing when the play happened, so there wasn't enough evidence based on the one angle that was shown after they overturned it later. It sucks because now the Heat fans are going to bitch about that one play for days to come, even though it wasn't what decided the game.

FultzNationRISE
05-30-2022, 03:45 AM
I only caught the last few minutes of the game and Im only just now realizing this thread was about a completely overturned three, not a three converted to a two after replay.

Ouch.

Wally450
05-30-2022, 11:31 AM
Wasn't literally the game at all lol.

1987_Lakers
05-30-2022, 11:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfEkDKB4nYQ

CelticBaller
05-30-2022, 11:42 AM
lol ya losers do realize celtics play a lot differently had we been up 6 instead of 9 when we were milking the clock right?

Shogon
05-30-2022, 12:18 PM
lol ya losers do realize celtics play a lot differently had we been up 6 instead of 9 when we were milking the clock right?

lol ya loser do realize heat play a lot different for the rest of the game had that 3 not been wiped out right?

No, it only works one way in your world apparently.

CelticBaller
05-30-2022, 12:27 PM
lol ya loser do realize heat play a lot different for the rest of the game had that 3 not been wiped out right?

No, it only works one way in your world apparently.

We were up 8 and at the line when the point was revised. Literally up double digits you ****ing mouthbeather

jayfan
05-30-2022, 02:14 PM
It's too bad. I haven't seen that done before, either.

Having said that, folks are talking in here like it happened with 30 seconds left in the game instead of 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

It did not decide the game.

Meticode
05-30-2022, 03:01 PM
I feel like there wasn't clear cut evidence that he stepped out. It's a 50/50 call from what I saw with his heel hovering over the line. Because of this I felt it should've counted and had been treated like any other review/challenge that is initiated by the head coach. If there isn't CLEAR undisputable evidence from what was called on the court originally than what was called on the court should've stayed.

Personally, I disagree with the call. I don't know if the outcome would've been different, but it sure as hell helped the Celtics and hurt the Heat.

Real Men Wear Green
05-30-2022, 03:09 PM
I have the benefit of not giving a damn and just being glad the Celtics won. Besides I don't see a topic on this:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/nba-last-two-minute-report-reveals-6-missed-calls-late-celtics-heat-game-6

A lot of crap has happened and will continue to happen. I only hope it goes the Celtics way.

Shogon
05-30-2022, 03:25 PM
We were up 8 and at the line when the point was revised. Literally up double digits you ****ing mouthbeather

Yes, I'm stupid and you're smart.

Butterfly effects only impact the Celtics.

Not the Heat.

8Ball
05-30-2022, 04:05 PM
Eh, Kyle Lowry flopped his way to a bunch of extra points in the 4th so it evens out.