PDA

View Full Version : Miami's #1 Problem: Kyle Lowry's contract

Im Still Ballin
05-30-2022, 12:43 AM
He was a positive player for the team, but he didn't perform up to expectations. He's earning 26.9m; you'd expect the Toronto version of Kyle Lowry. Unfortunately, he just wasn't able to get to that level. It's a risk Miami was willing to take and it didn't quite pay off as they'd hoped.

Keyword: Opportunity Cost

- the loss of other alternatives when one alternative is chosen.

NBAGOAT
05-30-2022, 01:47 AM
true but miami does have explanation that he was injured.

Spurs m8
05-30-2022, 01:52 AM
Yep.

I hate everything about this guy

Absolutely obnoxious and a horrid player

RRR3
05-30-2022, 01:53 AM
true but miami does have explanation that he was injured.
He wasn't injured in the regular season and he wasn't the Lowry we were hoping for then either, although he was still useful. Never a great idea to bet on a player that old tbh, and I've always liked Lowry.

Axe
05-30-2022, 01:59 AM
Will never forget that iconic moment in game six of the 2019 finals wherein he sparked the raptors to an 8-0 start against the warriors and together with kawhi plus the rest of their teammates, they eventually won the title. At least he's got something to rest on.

Im Still Ballin
05-30-2022, 02:06 AM
He wasn't injured in the regular season and he wasn't the Lowry we were hoping for then either, although he was still useful. Never a great idea to bet on a player that old tbh, and I've always liked Lowry.

Demar DeRozan probably was the best alternative 2021 FA option. Pretty much got the same 3-year, 80m or so deal. He was unrestricted, too.

Do you think he would've fit on the team? Three non-shooters (Butler, Adebayo, DeRozan) would be tough. I do think Miami's schemes, Butler's playmaking, and DeRozan's mid-range game alleviates some of that concern.

Spurs m8
05-30-2022, 03:44 AM
Even if the Heat got to the finals, this loser would be one of the main reasons they don't win

NBAGOAT
05-30-2022, 03:53 AM
Demar DeRozan probably was the best alternative 2021 FA option. Pretty much got the same 3-year, 80m or so deal. He was unrestricted, too.

Do you think he would've fit on the team? Three non-shooters (Butler, Adebayo, DeRozan) would be tough. I do think Miami's schemes, Butler's playmaking, and DeRozan's mid-range game alleviates some of that concern.

terrible fit. miami's goal this offseaon is upgrade at sg or hope oladipo is good.