PDA

View Full Version : Celtics will beat the warriors

Bronbron23
05-30-2022, 03:07 PM
They're tailor made to defend the warriors system. They have the pieces to switch everything and that's the only way to defend them. Should be a good series still but I think Celtics win in 6.

red1
05-30-2022, 03:12 PM
I'm for it.

warriors are more than curry and klay. curry is the best player left in the playoffs and the best player usually wins. celtics have a lot of heart but they wont be able to keep up when random scrubs start lighting it up for the warriors.

tatum will have a 40-50 point game though. kid is nice.

red1
05-30-2022, 03:15 PM
hate to say it.

warriors in 5

AlternativeAcc.
05-30-2022, 03:15 PM
The gap between the warriors and Celtics offense is much bigger than the defensive gap.

Warriors are elite defensively as well and have 5x the offensive firepower

Good luck relying on jaylen brown and AL horford keeping up with Klay, Poole, and Wiggins.... and 4th option curry

BUT... Curry is the worst finals performer I've ever seen on both ends. There is a possibility he completely sabatoges the warriors like 2016.

StrongLurk
05-30-2022, 03:16 PM
I'd be shocked if that happened.

If both teams are healthy, Warriors should win in 5 or 6.

Phoenix
05-30-2022, 03:21 PM
Boston's defense will make it a series. I got Warriors but I honestly wouldn't be outright shocked if the Celts managed to pull it off somehow.

Shogon
05-30-2022, 03:22 PM
No, they won't.

And if Gary Payton II comes back, it'll be even more lopsided.

The Celtics aren't to be disregarded and it wouldn't SHOCK me if they win, but they're not going to win.

The Warriors have it.

Title 4.

red1
05-30-2022, 03:24 PM
No, they won't.

The Celtics aren't to be disregarded and it wouldn't SHOCK me if they win, but they're not going to win.

The Warriors have it.

Title 4.

the celtics starters have a lot of heart
that grant williams kid has a lot of heart
that robert williams kid and that payton prichard kid has a lot of heart

warriors are going to take their soul :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
05-30-2022, 04:07 PM
Dubs are the better team but I think C’s match up well with them. I could honestly see it going either way, Ill be surprised if the series doesnt go 6 at least.

FultzNationRISE
05-30-2022, 04:12 PM
The gap between the warriors and Celtics offense is much bigger than the defensive gap.

Good luck relying on jaylen brown and AL horford keeping up with Klay, Poole, and Wiggins.... and 4th option curry

BUT... Curry is the worst finals performer I've ever seen on both ends. There is a possibility he completely sabatoges the warriors like 2016.

Well thats the thing, I dont have an abundance of faith those guys on the Dubs will actually BE ‘those guys’ against this Boston defense on a Finals stage. If Boston has a decent shooting series they could be in the drivers seat.

It would be well within these Warrior players’ pedigree to underwhelm in a Finals. For all their championship experience, nobody in the current rotation has a FMVP.

It’s gonna be interesting.

Bronbron23
05-30-2022, 04:16 PM
I'm for it.

warriors are more than curry and klay. curry is the best player left in the playoffs and the best player usually wins. celtics have a lot of heart but they wont be able to keep up when random scrubs start lighting it up for the warriors.

tatum will have a 40-50 point game though. kid is nice.

Will he be the best player though? He's never been the best player in any finals he's ever played. Plus I just think Celts match up very well. Kind of like how Cavs in 16 did. Warriors had multiple games in that series where they didn't score 100. I expect the same in this series.

Axe
05-30-2022, 05:10 PM
This year is still favorable to the warriors, despite the fact that the last time they won a playoff series before this year was already three years ago. And tbf, they never faced any real competition on their way to the finals. In fact, the first two rounds saw them playing hampered teams and ones that haven't even made the finals in the last five years. Unlike the Cs that had to face recent conference champs in the heat and the bucks, along with pre-season favorites in the nets. Warriors only continue to be a running dynasty thanks to iggy boy.

ImKobe
05-30-2022, 05:10 PM
No, they won't.

The Warriors have it.

Title 4.

Pretty much. I made the mistake of thinking Dallas had a shot because of Luka and their role players being able to knock down 3s and defend on the perimeter, but GS is on a different level. They'll throw everything at Tatum & Brown and then you're relying on Smart/White/Horford/Williams to knock down open 3s. That's a tough ask in a series like this, where Curry, Poole & Klay will make those guys run a lot more than they're used to on the defensive side. Rob Williams also didn't look right at the end of the Heat series as he tweaked his knee again, so the size advantage might not be there for Boston either.

Boston could force a lot of TOs and get extra possessions in these games, but I thought the same about Dallas going into the WCF and it did not happen as GS looked as sharp as they ever have this season.

ZionDunks
05-30-2022, 05:21 PM
They're tailor made to defend the warriors system. They have the pieces to switch everything and that's the only way to defend them. Should be a good series still but I think Celtics win in 6.

I can’t bet against this Celtics team any longer

Lebron23
05-30-2022, 09:09 PM
if healthy the Warriors beat the Celtics in 6 games. But if they have an injured players ala 2019 NBA Finals the Celtics might win it.

Cold soul
05-30-2022, 09:47 PM
I hope the Celtics win it all but my confidence has been shaky as of late Celtics have trouble closing teams out at end of games so often they let them back into the game.

kawhileonard2
05-30-2022, 10:16 PM
Lose lose for Lebron for sure.

ShawkFactory
05-30-2022, 10:21 PM
They definitely match up nicely.

They’ll have to play well from start to finish, which is no easy task. But if they do they definitely can win.

bdonovan
05-31-2022, 04:06 AM
Unlikely.

tanibanana
05-31-2022, 06:12 AM
I hope all series long, everyone will be healthy.
I can see Celtics winning it in game-7.

Jasper
05-31-2022, 09:12 AM
They're tailor made to defend the warriors system. They have the pieces to switch everything and that's the only way to defend them. Should be a good series still but I think Celtics win in 6.:oldlol::roll::oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
06-17-2022, 06:36 PM

Not a lot of people knew the warriors were incredible defensively

Manny98
06-17-2022, 06:56 PM
:roll: