PDA

View Full Version : The Great Steph Curry only had 4 pts in the 4th quarter

PWB15
06-02-2022, 11:52 PM
This is what Skip was talking about how he is UNABLE to TAKE OVER in the 4th quarter

warriorfan
06-02-2022, 11:55 PM
You realize the only other people who have averaged more points in a finals 4th quarter are Shaq and Michael Jordan… and when you account in efficiency Curry blows them both out of the water….

Kill yourself my man

ImKobe
06-02-2022, 11:58 PM
Yet when he averaged ~11 ppg on like 70%TS in the 2015 Finals 4th quarters, you clowns said he wasn't the best player because the idiots in media didn't give him the FMVP despite him being the best Warrior by a wide margin.

warriorfan
06-02-2022, 11:59 PM
Yet when he averaged ~11 ppg on like 70%TS in the 2015 Finals 4th quarters, you clowns said he wasn't the best player because the idiots in media didn't give him the FMVP despite him being the best Warrior by a wide margin.

tontoz
06-03-2022, 12:03 AM
Steph wasn't even in the game to start the fourth. By the time he got back in the C's had already started their run and we're raining 3s and GS kept turning it over.

Axe
06-03-2022, 12:09 AM
Saint stephen in the miraculous fourth quarter

https://c.tenor.com/ZYAqXYU9T34AAAAC/bubbles.gif

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 12:28 AM

Stat padding my dude.

Everybody saw Iggy making all the momentum shifting plays and being elite on D.

Currys stats are meaningless. He had 34 today but was nowhere when the game mattered. It happens literally every time they've been in the finals.

RogueBorg
06-03-2022, 08:47 AM
You realize the only other people who have averaged more points in a finals 4th quarter are Shaq and Michael Jordan… and when you account in efficiency Curry blows them both out of the water….

Kill yourself my man

It’s called pulling a Lebron

Shogon
06-03-2022, 09:12 AM
The posters on this board are truly weird.

grantz
06-03-2022, 09:18 AM
I think Toronto really was the blueprint on how to beat this warriors team. Curry was gassed when he sat the rest of the third quarter. He will have to play Finals MVP caliber and I don’t see that coming with Boston bodying him for four quarters.

tontoz
06-03-2022, 09:51 AM
The great Draymond Green had only 4 points the entire game. In fact "stars" Green and Poole combined for 4 FGs and 7 TOs.

FultzNationRISE
06-03-2022, 09:58 AM
It’s called pulling a Lebron

No, it’s not called pulling a ****ing Lebron, it’s called ME Putting A Fist Thru Your ****ing TEETH.

Do you understand that pal??

STFU once for yes and twice for no.

FultzNationRISE
06-03-2022, 09:59 AM
The posters on this board are truly weird.

I know what you mean bro.

hold this L
06-03-2022, 10:07 AM
Bad 4th Q from Steph. How many will he have in game 2 in the 4th?

RRR3
06-03-2022, 10:08 AM
Bad 4th Q from Steph. How many will he have in game 2 in the 4th?
Damn, a curry fan showing Tontoz how it’s done. The poor guy can’t ever admit Curry does anything wrong yet holds grandpa LeBron to prime standards.

tontoz
06-03-2022, 10:38 AM
Damn, a curry fan showing Tontoz how it’s done. The poor guy can’t ever admit Curry does anything wrong yet holds grandpa LeBron to prime standards.

I suspect he isn't being serious.

The thing that bothers me about Steph's game is his careless turnovers which hasn't been happening lately.

Steph wasn't even in the game to start the 4th and the game was over with about 3 minutes left so he had maybe a 6 minute window to make an impact. He would have to score double figures during that time to give them a chance.

GS committed 4 turnovers in the quarter, none by Steph. Steph is only 3 years younger than Grandpa LeBron FYI.

Boston made 9 3s in the 4th. That is just nuts.

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 11:02 AM
Curry was the best player on the court last night, but if he's going to to be favorably compared to some of the company people are comparing him to...he's got to come through with huge performances when his team needs it the most. He obviously didn't do that last night in the 2nd half and 4th qtr.

A lot to ask, but that has been true with all the other greats as well...it's really hard.

We'll see if he can withstand a potential long series with this physical play or if he wears down.

RRR3
06-03-2022, 11:11 AM
I suspect he isn't being serious.

The thing that bothers me about Steph's game is his careless turnovers which hasn't been happening lately.

Steph wasn't even in the game to start the 4th and the game was over with about 3 minutes left so he had maybe a 6 minute window to make an impact. He would have to score double figures during that time to give them a chance.

GS committed 4 turnovers in the quarter, none by Steph. Steph is only 3 years younger than Grandpa LeBron FYI.

Boston made 9 3s in the 4th. That is just nuts.
LeBron won a ring when he was older than Curry don’t want to hear excuses if he’s supposedly better than LeBron

tontoz
06-03-2022, 11:32 AM
LeBron won a ring when he was older than Curry don’t want to hear excuses if he’s supposedly better than LeBron

Who was the dumbass who brought up age in the first place?

I have never claimed Curry was better than LeBron. Why does Curry make you bronies so insecure?

warriorfan
06-03-2022, 12:05 PM

I have never claimed Curry was better than LeBron. Why does Curry make you bronies so insecure?

What is funny about it is that Curry has been Brons best competition. So when they freak out and try to tear down Curry they are only tearing down LeBron as well. Lol

RRR3
06-03-2022, 12:05 PM

No you just imply it cuz you’re too cowardly to say it :oldlol:

Curry makes me so insecure I rate him higher than probably anyone besides his stans on this forum lol. I’ve consistently said he’s better than Durant and the best player to come into the league since LeBron and he’s in my top 10 all time. Tell me more about how I underrate him :oldlol:

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 12:08 PM
What is funny about it is that Curry has been Brons best competition. So when they freak out and try to tear down Curry they are only tearing down LeBron as well. Lol

True.

This came up in the KD vs Curry thread...with the Durant advocates arguing that the competition was too good in 2016 for Durant to overcome it...while also arguing that Curry was a vastly inferior player.

It both amuses me and scares me a little that people exist so dense they can't see how idiotic that line of argument is...

Hey guys...that Curry guy isn't that good...ok...what happened in 2016?...oh, well Durant had to face one of the best teams ever and couldn't beat them...hey, who was by far the best player on that team you just said was one of the best ever?

tontoz
06-03-2022, 12:31 PM
No you just imply it cuz you’re too cowardly to say it :oldlol:

Curry makes me so insecure I rate him higher than probably anyone besides his stans on this forum lol. I’ve consistently said he’s better than Durant and the best player to come into the league since LeBron and he’s in my top 10 all time. Tell me more about how I underrate him :oldlol:

You called LeBron Grandpa when he is only 3 years older than Steph. Is that your excuse for 33-49?

Steph won a scoring title just last year and was a MVP finalist. Not sure how many more years he can run around off the ball as much as he does but age clearly isn't an issue right now. Plus the Finals games are so spread out there are plenty of rest days

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 02:29 PM
True.

This came up in the KD vs Curry thread...with the Durant advocates arguing that the competition was too good in 2016 for Durant to overcome it...while also arguing that Curry was a vastly inferior player.

It both amuses me and scares me a little that people exist so dense they can't see how idiotic that line of argument is...

Hey guys...that Curry guy isn't that good...ok...what happened in 2016?...oh, well Durant had to face one of the best teams ever and couldn't beat them...hey, who was by far the best player on that team you just said was one of the best ever?

They won in game 6 because of Klay moron

I've destroyed all of your arguments and you disappeared.

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 04:30 PM
They won in game 6 because of Klay moron

I've destroyed all of your arguments and you disappeared.

Right here buddy.

They won because Durant shot 41%TS in the biggest game of his career and his team was still up like 5 with a few minutes left...Durant had plenty and shit the bed.

All of your arguments are self-defeating if you apply them consistently....but tell us more...

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 04:46 PM
Right here buddy.

They won because Durant shot 41%TS in the biggest game of his career and his team was still up like 5 with a few minutes left...Durant had plenty and shit the bed.

All of your arguments are self-defeating if you apply them consistently....but tell us more...

Kobe shot worse in game 7 2010 against a worse team.

Durant vs. Warriors: 30/8/3 on 55% TS

Kobe vs. Celtics 2010: 29/8/3 on 53% TS

MVP Dirk vs. 8 seed: 19ppg on 50% TS :roll:

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Kobe shot worse in game 7 2010 against a worse team.

Durant vs. Warriors: 30/8/3 on 55% TS

Kobe vs. Celtics 2010: 29/8/3 on 53% TS

MVP Dirk vs. 8 seed: 19ppg on 50% TS :roll:

I can't even begin to understand why you think what Kobe shot in 2010 or how Dirk played in 2007 somehow changes KD's help in 2016.

I think you might be mentally challenged.

Again, if KD doesn't play like complete shit in game 6...his team makes the finals. You can point to other players playing worse...do it all day if you like...and it won't change that fact.

Sorry if you don't like reality.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 05:10 PM
I can't even begin to understand why you think what Kobe shot in 2010 or how Dirk played in 2007 somehow changes KD's help in 2016.

I think you might be mentally challenged.

Again, if KD doesn't play like complete shit in game 6...his team makes the finals. You can point to other players playing worse...do it all day if you like...and it won't change that fact.

Sorry if you don't like reality.

But your narrative is that Kobe won in 2010 so his performance doesn't matter

You're literally criticizing dursnt for losing to a 73 win team while putting up 30ppg

Find something close to 19ppg and losing in the 1st round to the 8 seed and we can talk about failures.

I like how you pretend you've accomplished something when I destroy your narratives. It's amusing

tpols
06-03-2022, 05:35 PM

You're literally criticizing dursnt for losing to a 73 win team while putting up 30ppg

Find something close to 19ppg and losing in the 1st round to the 8 seed and we can talk about failures.

I like how you pretend you've accomplished something when I destroy your narratives. It's amusing

Curry just put up a game high 30+ in last nights game on way better efficiency and you have been crucifying him for it.

When are you going to stop being a hypocrite?

Not to mention the touted "73 win" monstrosity durant lost to was spear headed by th very guy you continuously hate on. Talk about a joke argument.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 05:39 PM
Curry just put up a game high 30+ in last nights game on way better efficiency and you have been crucifying him for it.

When are you going to stop being a hypocrite?

Not to mention the touted "73 win" monstrosity durant lost to was spear headed by th very guy you continuously hate on. Talk about a joke argument.

Did Durant most of his points in the 1st quarters on wide open shots? No?

Then invalid argument

tpols
06-03-2022, 05:47 PM
Did Durant most of his points in the 1st quarters on wide open shots? No?

Then invalid argument

Durant shot on 41 TS in a home close out game and was horrible in the clutch 4th quarters of that series vs Curry. :roll:

You just made the argument that since Durant scored 30 a game he was above criticism. Despite blowing a 3-1 lead and shooting terribly in the process.

And then on the flip side, in today's matchup, Curry does the same 30+ on a way better rate, and is the leading producer on either side, yet you try and nail him to a cross as way worse.

Do you not see your hypocrisy?

I'm trying to lead you out of your Stephen curry psychosis.

bdonovan
06-03-2022, 06:04 PM
My overall take on these kinds of threads is they are narrow-minded and useless. That always happens when you evaluate an entire performance by one quarter or one set of plays or some narrow dimension like FT% etc. To have an adult discussion, you need to evaluate a player's performance across the entire game (or across multiple games, series).

Otherwise, you can always cook up bogus narratives. For example if Player X scores a lot in Q4, people will say it's "stat-padding" or if they lose claim "it was too little, too late" or "garbage-time". If Player X scores a lot in Q1, they'll say it's "not clutch".

You can always zoom in towards some narrow dimension where you can spin a narrative the player is inadequate. That's why isolated data and drawing conclusions from narrow data sets is a waste of time. Don't feed the trolls.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:11 PM
Durant shot on 41 TS in a home close out game and was horrible in the clutch 4th quarters of that series vs Curry. :roll:

You just made the argument that since Durant scored 30 a game he was above criticism. Despite blowing a 3-1 lead and shooting terribly in the process.

And then on the flip side, in today's matchup, Curry does the same 30+ on a way better rate, and is the leading producer on either side, yet you try and nail him to a cross as way worse.

Do you not see your hypocrisy?

I'm trying to lead you out of your Stephen curry psychosis.

There's no hypocrisy and no comparison.

Durant had westbrick (your favorite player) and horrible shooting role players.

Curry has perennial all stars and some of the best 3pt shooters in the league. It's apples to oranges.

Curry has the massive talent edge, durant didn't.

You're being the hypocrite by bringing up Durants 4th quarter and brushing off Currys.

Axe
06-03-2022, 06:13 PM

Curry has perennial all stars and some of the best 3pt shooters in the league. It's apples to oranges.

You're being the hypocrite by bringing up Durants 4th quarter and brushing off Currys.
Plus, steve kerr is heads-and-shoulders a better coach than billy donovan ever was during that time.

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 06:27 PM

Nothing could be further from the truth for me to the bold. You are arguing with a ghost.

I simply said that Durant, outside the Warriors, has clearly had enough help to win a title...and he has failed to do that. To me, that is part of the reflection of how good at basketball he actually is...and doesn't line up with your claim that he's superior to all but like 10 players of all time. I watch him and don't think that at all...but if his results in terms of impact and leading teams given his circumstances was just so overwhelming...I'd have to just acknowledge I'm missing something.

No, I'm not criticizing him for that...I'm saying he had enough help to win if he played great...and he didn't. I'm saying hit shit the bed in one of the biggest moments / games of his career...that is just a fact. You are so biased you can't even come to terms with this fact...and you come up with excuses...which leads us to...

You keep saying "73 win team" while bashing by far the best player on said team. Which is it? Is Curry this end boss leader of the best regular season team ever...or is he nowhere near as good as Durant? Because you are arguing he's nowhere near as good as Durant and then turning around and acting like it was impossible to beat a team that Curry was by far the best player of...and which Durant absolutely had a solid chance of beating if he plays great...see above.

Kobe playing poorly and Dirk playing poorly has nothing to do with Durant's help or how Durant played...again, I have no idea what your point is there.

tpols
06-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Durant had westbrick (your favorite player)

https://c.tenor.com/FRtKYOxBdB4AAAAM/what-whatchu-talkin-bout.gif

This ****ing guy....

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Nothing could be further from the truth for me to the bold. You are arguing with a ghost.

I simply said that Durant, outside the Warriors, has clearly had enough help to win a title...and he has failed to do that. To me, that is part of the reflection of how good at basketball he actually is...and doesn't line up with your claim that he's superior to all but like 10 players of all time. I watch him and don't think that at all...but if his results in terms of impact and leading teams given his circumstances was just so overwhelming...I'd have to just acknowledge I'm missing something.

No, I'm not criticizing him for that...I'm saying he had enough help to win if he played great...and he didn't. I'm saying hit shit the bed in one of the biggest moments / games of his career...that is just a fact. You are so biased you can't even come to terms with this fact...and you come up with excuses...which leads us to...

You keep saying "73 win team" while bashing by far the best player on said team. Which is it? Is Curry this end boss leader of the best regular season team ever...or is he nowhere near as good as Durant? Because you are arguing he's nowhere near as good as Durant and then turning around and acting like it was impossible to beat a team that Curry was by far the best player of...and which Durant absolutely had a solid chance of beating if he plays great...see above.

Kobe playing poorly and Dirk playing poorly has nothing to do with Durant's help or how Durant played...again, I have no idea what your point is there.

When you reference help you automatically bring up competition. They go hand in hand

Every time Durant lost, it was usually to the team that won the championship or runner-up 73 win team

TEAM.

TEAM.

Curry can be overrated and still A PART of a good team. This is becoming tiring...

The Spurs in 2014 didn't have a player close to Durant or LeBron... but they were an epically great team with amazing chemistry. Durant losing to a team curry is on doesn't mean curry is better... just like LeBron losing in 15 to a team curry was on didn't make curry better.

Your argument is he had enough help to win a championship... my argument is he played with westbrick and shit role players and came up short vs. the eventual champions while playing mostly great.

I bring up Dirk because Durant has nowhere near the blemishes that Dirk does and Dirk winning with 24ppg on poor efficiency in your mind puts him over Durant. But durant could never win with 24ppg on poor efficiency because of lack of help and stiff comp.

If you wanna bring up KD's 'failures' why wouldn't I bring up Kobe's 'success' to expose your shit narrative.... it's called winning

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 06:35 PM

You are arguing Durant played well and that Westbrook sucks. Your evidence is that Durant had stats...

Well, in that series...Russ put up 27/7/11 and had a better offensive rating, defensive rating, and game score ...and his assist to turnover ratio destroys KD as well.

Again, you can't stay consistent...one could easily say Westbrook was the best Thunder player in that series....

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:36 PM
https://c.tenor.com/FRtKYOxBdB4AAAAM/what-whatchu-talkin-bout.gif

This ****ing guy....

So you agree... nobody would be expected to win a title with westbrick and shit role players who can't shoot.

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 06:39 PM
When you reference help you automatically bring up competition. They go hand in hand

Every time Durant lost, it was usually to the team that won the championship or runner-up 73 win team

TEAM.

TEAM.

Curry can be overrated and still A PART of a good team. This is becoming tiring...

The Spurs in 2014 didn't have a player close to Durant or LeBron... but they were an epically great team with amazing chemistry. Durant losing to a team curry is on doesn't mean curry is better... just like LeBron losing in 15 to a team curry was on didn't make curry better.

Your argument is he had enough help to win a championship... my argument is he played with westbrick and shit role players and came up short vs. the eventual champions while playing mostly great.

I bring up Dirk because Durant has nowhere near the blemishes that Dirk does and Dirk winning with 24ppg on poor efficiency in your mind puts him over Durant. But durant could never win with 24ppg on poor efficiency because of lack of help and stiff comp.

If you wanna bring up KD's 'failures' why wouldn't I bring up Kobe's 'success' to expose your shit narrative.... it's called winning

No, I'm point out your lack of consistency.

You just got done saying Durant had terrible help in 16...but he had a player that was probably better than he was on his team in that series. Again, Russ was probably the best Thunder player in that series...that is how biased you are. Literally on your own criteria of stats...Russ was better than Durant in the very series you are arguing that Russ sucked. Think about that...and this isn't some role player getting hot or having no defensive attention. This 1st / 2nd team all-nba stud (remember your love for accolades) playing fantastic.

As for Dirk...nope...I think he's better because I think he's better at basketball when I watch them both play...and, like I explained above, Durant's career given his circumstances doesn't make me think differently. All I see is a great player that hasn't given me a reason to change my opinion. Not sure what is hard about that.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:39 PM
You are arguing Durant played well and that Westbrook sucks. Your evidence is that Durant had stats...

Well, in that series...Russ put up 27/7/11 and had a better offensive rating, defensive rating, and game score ...and his assist to turnover ratio destroys KD as well.

Again, you can't stay consistent...one could easily say Westbrook was the best Thunder player in that series....

That's cool. Stats can be misleading sometimes.

But even if westbrook did outplay Durant in 1 series, why does it matter?

Terry out played Dirk in 2007 no? Are you saying Durant s performance is as bad or even close to as bad as Dirk in 07?

Why are you hyper focusing on 1 series when all of the top 10 greats have much worse performances against worse teams...

Curry (not saying he's top 10 but we're comparing him) has much worse, lebron has much worse, Bird, magic, they all have much worse.

tpols
06-03-2022, 06:41 PM
So you agree... nobody would be expected to win a title with westbrick and shit role players who can't shoot.

Westbrick and the shooters were good in that series production wise. Durant is the one who shit the bed closing it out and choked a 3-1 lead. As chaotic as Westbrook is he was better back then than 2/12 dray or post injury klay pooping his pants.

You keep going on about them not being good enough to beat a 73 win team... when curry was the UMVP (only one in history) of said 73 win team. You re running in circles my guy and making yourself look like a clown.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:42 PM
No, I'm point out your lack of consistency.

You just got done saying Durant had terrible help in 16...but he had a player that was probably better than he was on his team in that series. Again, Russ was probably the best Thunder player in that series...that is how biased you are. Literally on your own criteria of stats...Russ was better than Durant in the very series you are arguing that Russ sucked. Think about that...and this isn't some role player getting hot or having no defensive attention. This 1st / 2nd team all-nba stud (remember your love for accolades) playing fantastic.

As for Dirk...nope...I think he's better because I think he's better at basketball when I watch them both play...and, like I explained above, Durant's career given his circumstances doesn't make me think differently. All I see is a great player that hasn't given me a reason to change my opinion. Not sure what is hard about that.

If you didn't watch the series and I know you didn't then you could come to that conclusion.

But the Thunder were extremely top heavy, so even if Westbrook had decent stats, it doesnt mean Durant had enough help to win a ring. Westbrook isn't a winning player and everybody knows that by now, regardless of what any stats say.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:43 PM
Westbrick and the shooters were good in that series production wise. Durant is the one who shit the bed closing it out and choked a 3-1 lead. As chaotic as Westbrook is he's better than 2/12 dray or post injury klay pooping his pants,

You keep going on about them not being good enough to beat a 73 win team... when curry is the UMVP (only one in history) of said 73 win team. You re running in circles my guy and making yourself look like a clown.

No I'm destroying you guys 2v1 cause you cant handle my logic and expertise

'Production wise'

So now you're advocating for a player you think is garbage. But I'm the clown :oldlol:

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 06:45 PM
That's cool. Stats can be misleading sometimes.

But even if westbrook did outplay Durant in 1 series, why does it matter?

Terry out played Dirk in 2007 no? Are you saying Durant s performance is as bad or even close to as bad as Dirk in 07?

Why are you hyper focusing on 1 series when all of the top 10 greats have much worse performances against worse teams...

Curry (not saying he's top 10 but we're comparing him) has much worse, lebron has much worse, Bird, magic, they all have much worse.

Wow, are you really this dense?

I am bringing up that series because you have claimed he didn't have enough help to win. So, are you yielding that?

You need to try and focus...I'm not arguing that Durant was terrible in that series...I'm arguing he had enough to win if he played great...and what I'm trying to get you to understand is that I don't think Durant is as good as you do. You need to realize that and understand that. I could be wrong, but I don't get the feeling you clearly do when you watch him play.

So when it comes to him vs Steph...and I already think Steph is better and more valuable...I need to see Durant do things to shift my opinion...and losing every year of his career in quite good circumstances outside the Warriors...hasn't done that.

Keep up...and you can stop bringing up Dirk as it has nothing to do with this...but let me know when Durant carries a franchise to 11 straight 50 wins seasons and wins a title with the likes of Jason Terry as his 2nd option.

Hell, I don't think Durant has done anything that eclipses Dirk's 06 series against the Spurs in terms of impressiveness in the playoffs.

warriorfan
06-03-2022, 06:46 PM

TEAM.

TEAM.

I bet it is lmao. You’ve made literally hundreds of insane and hysterical posts about Steph Curry in the last few days. Take your medication and get some rest brother. You need it.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Wow, are you really this dense?

I am bringing up that series because you have claimed he didn't have enough help to win. So, are you yielding that?

You need to try and focus...I'm not arguing that Durant was terrible in that series...I'm arguing he had enough to win if he played great...and what I'm trying to get you to understand is that I don't think Durant is as good as you do. You need to realize that and understand that. I could be wrong, but I don't get the feeling you clearly do when you watch him play.

So when it comes to him vs Steph...and I already think Steph is better and more valuable...I need to see Durant do things to shift my opinion...and losing every year of his career in quite good circumstances outside the Warriors...hasn't done that.

Keep up...and you can stop bringing up Dirk as it has nothing to do with this...but let me know when Durant carries a franchise to 11 straight 50 wins seasons and wins a title with the likes of Jason Terry as his 2nd option.

And my counter to that is 1 series doesn't matter

All players have poor series

And you admitted Durant didn't even have a poor series... but you're fixated on 1 series to prove a point that curry is better than durant all-time despite durant owning him resume wise and winning two fmvps over him on much better efficiency in the finals when they played together. And is a better defender. And has a history of carrying teams to the playoffs when curry doesn't. Etc

I already touched on dirk in 2011. 24ppg on poor efficiency would be durants worst series.... but thats the pinnacle of Dirk... funny how narratives work

tpols
06-03-2022, 06:50 PM
No I'm destroying you guys 2v1 cause you cant handle my logic and expertise

'Production wise'

So now you're advocating for a player you think is garbage. But I'm the clown :oldlol:

Westbrook put up better stats in the entire 2016 WCFs than dray and klay put up,last night combined. I'm not advocating for anything but the truth.

You even called Westbrook my favorite player. :roll: .

You re trolling. But you need to be better at it. This is a high class board. We like to think we can have intelligent conversations free of extreme bias around here. You re ruining the vibe, you,feel me?

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:52 PM
Westbrook put up better stats in the entire 2016 WCFs than dray and klay put up,last night combined. I'm not advocating for anything but the truth.

You even called Westbrook my favorite player. :roll: .

You re trolling. But you need to be better at it. This is a high class board. We like to think we can have intelligent conversations free of extreme bias around here. You re ruining the vibe, you,feel me?

You bring up intelligence when you can't even understand obvious sarcasm... I know you've hated on westbrick for years... *sigh*

Now I got you bringing up production when you hated on him in his MVP year too (his most productive year). Got you doing mental acrobats. I'm the puppet master and you're my puppet.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 06:52 PM
I bet it is lmao. You’ve made literally hundreds of insane and hysterical posts about Steph Curry in the last few days. Take your medication and get some rest brother. You need it.

:lol

I'm in your head.

warriorfan
06-03-2022, 06:55 PM
:lol

I'm in your head.

I’m laughing at you having a psychotic breakdown before our eyes. You’re in your own head bro. lol

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 06:57 PM

And you admitted Durant didn't even have a poor series... but you're fixated on 1 series to prove a point that curry is better than durant all-time despite durant owning him resume wise and winning two fmvps over him on much better efficiency in the finals when they played together. And is a better defender. And has a history of carrying teams to the playoffs when curry doesn't. Etc

I already touched on dirk in 2011. 24ppg on poor efficiency would be durants worst series.... but thats the pinnacle of Dirk... funny how narratives work

Cool...so you now concede he had enough help and couldn't get it done. Great.

I think you miss the true value of players like Curry and Dirk...you think their stats represent their impact...I disagree....but we've been over that. I also think Durant is an over-rated defender...especially by people like you.

But you talk about stats with Dirk like there is some huge gap....

Dirk was a 26/10/3 59% TS playoff player with a 118 ortg and 104 drtg for his like 10 year prime...he did that with tougher rules than Durant faced the majority of his playoffs and had far less help overall

Durant was / is a 29/8/4 60% TS playoff player with a 116 ortg and 107 drtg...

Oh my god...what an enormous gap!

tpols
06-03-2022, 06:59 PM
You bring up intelligence when you can't even understand obvious sarcasm... I know you've hated on westbrick for years... *sigh*

Now I got you bringing up production when you hated on him in his MVP year too (his most productive year). Got you doing mental acrobats. I'm the puppet master and you're my puppet.

Given how klay and dray have been playing id gladly welcome prime Westbrook to the warriors. And that's saying a lot. They've been beyond ass so anything would be an upgrade. Dray can't play offense at all and klay shows up like 1-2 games per series.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 07:07 PM
Given how klay and dray have been playing id gladly welcome prime Westbrook to the warriors. They've been beyond ass so anything would be an upgrade. Dray can't play offense at all and klay shows up like 1-2 games per series.

Klay is averaging 20ppg on 57% TS

Westbrick is the biggest empty stat player ever and a cancer. You've said it several times and agree with it.

I got you saying outlandish shit and talking up a player you've historically hated and said his stats are empty and not conducive to winning. Don't make me fins quotes to embarrass you further...

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 07:10 PM
Cool...so you now concede he had enough help and couldn't get it done. Great.

I think you miss the true value of players like Curry and Dirk...you think their stats represent their impact...I disagree....but we've been over that. I also think Durant is an over-rated defender...especially by people like you.

But you talk about stats with Dirk like there is some huge gap....

Dirk was a 26/10/3 59% TS playoff player with a 118 ortg and 104 drtg for his like 10 year prime...he did that with tougher rules than Durant faced the majority of his playoffs and had far less help overall

Durant was / is a 29/8/4 60% TS playoff player with a 116 ortg and 107 drtg...

Oh my god...what an enormous gap!

30ppg on 55% TS isn't getting it done

But dirks 25ppg on 53% TS and no defense is getting it done

Nice narrative. 'Far less help'.. yeah losing to the 8 seed while scoring 19ppg backs up your point.

You only know name value. The 2011 Mavs were better than any of dursnts thunder teams because they had amazing role players and complimentary talents, and great coaching. You just don't understand basketball.

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 07:12 PM
30ppg on 55% TS isn't getting it done

But dirks 25ppg on 53% TS and no defense is getting it done

Nice narrative

Good try...but I'm the one saying stats aren't everything...but even if they were...the stats and success of Durant and Dirk...does not cause one to think one of the players is vastly superior.

Notice how you can't stay consistent...and I can't even imagine how good Dirk's stats would like playing with KD's level of help routinely.

tpols
06-03-2022, 07:16 PM
Klay is averaging 20ppg on 57% TS

Westbrick is the biggest empty stat player ever and a cancer. You've said it several times and agree with it.

I got you saying outlandish shit and talking up a player you've historically hated and said his stats are empty and not conducive to winning. Don't make me fins quotes to embarrass you further...

Klay just put up 15 points on 53 TS. Dray just put up 4 points on 15 TS. (that's not a typo) Jordan Poole 9 points on 51 TS and 82 ORTG.

As inefficient and boneheaded as Westbrook is, prime Westbrook was still a HUGE upgrade over that. ^^^

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 07:21 PM
Good try...but I'm the one saying stats aren't everything...but even if they were...the stats and success of Durant and Dirk...does not cause one to think one of the players is vastly superior.

Notice how you can't stay consistent...and I can't even imagine how good Dirk's stats would like playing with KD's level of help routinely.

Dirks stats would be much worse with westbrick... Durant had to create everything and got stats despite westbrooks chucking and horrible decision making.

Dirk had much better casts, but you only know name value and not what actual help means.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 07:21 PM
Klay just put up 15 points on 53 TS. Dray just put up 4 points on 15 TS. (that's not a typo) Jordan Poole 9 points on 51 TS and 82 ORTG.

As inefficient and boneheaded as Westbrook is, prime Westbrook was still a HUGE upgrade over that. ^^^

Curry ball not getting the most of his hall of fame teammates?

That sucks.

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 07:24 PM
Dirks stats would be much worse with westbrick... Durant had to create everything and got stats despite westbrooks chucking and horrible decision making.

Dirk had much better casts, but you only know name value and not what actual help means.

Laughable...you actually are arguing that Durant has had less help in the playoffs for his career...including the Warriors years....than Dirk?

I just have to see you actually say that again.

Axe
06-03-2022, 07:25 PM
Curry ball not getting the most of his hall of fame teammates?

That sucks.
Just like last year when he couldn't lead oubre jr., bazemore, wiseman, wiggins, poole and the likes to even a single win in the 2021 play ins aka losers bracket while klay and iggy weren't active or playing for the team. 'Bu-but winning rs record' doe. :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 07:50 PM
Laughable...you actually are arguing that Durant has had less help in the playoffs for his career...including the Warriors years....than Dirk?

I just have to see you actually say that again.

Outside of the Warriors years yes

Durant never had the help Dirk had in early 2000's, 2006, 2007, 2010, 11

Your argument is westbrick so you automatically lose.

AlternativeAcc.
06-03-2022, 07:50 PM
Just like last year when he couldn't lead oubre jr., bazemore, wiseman, wiggins, poole and the likes to even a single win in the 2021 play ins aka losers bracket while klay and iggy weren't active or playing for the team. 'Bu-but winning rs record' doe. :oldlol:

:rockon:

DMAVS41
06-03-2022, 08:55 PM
Outside of the Warriors years yes

Durant never had the help Dirk had in early 2000's, 2006, 2007, 2010, 11

Your argument is westbrick so you automatically lose.

All those numbers included Durant's Warriors years...which was my point...nearly a third of his playoff games come on playing with some of the best help of all-time.

Durant played with both Harden and Westbrook...his help is definitely comparable...imo, better, than most of what Dirk got.

Again, you can't do that with Russ...you can't talk about how Durant is better than Curry in large part because of stats / accolades and then immediately abandon that when it doesn't suit your narrative.

For example, Dirk played with only one player that made an all-nba team with him. Nash made it in 02 and 03 iirc...

Durant played with a teammate that made an all-nba team...nearly every year of his prime...Russ made four 2nd teams and one 1st team...and Curry made it all three years they played together and Kyrie made it in 21. To date, Durant has played on 9 teams in which he had an all-nba teammate...Dirk had 2 teams.

But...that help just wasn't good enough for the vastly superior player...

I think this year was the first year he didn't have an all-nba teammate since 2010...first round sweep...

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

DMAVS41
06-04-2022, 01:25 PM

You, again, aren't understanding...you are arguing that Russ wasn't good. Yet he not only has unreal good stats / accolades...but in some of the most important series of KD's career you are claiming he didn't have enough help...he had a teammate actually outplay...and these weren't in series they had no chance.

We already touched on 2016 WCF when Durant shit the bed in the biggest game of his career at home.

How about 2014????? What happened in that WCF?

You like stats...

Russ put up 27/6/7 55% TS with an ortg of 109 and drtg of 108

Durant put up 25/8/3 56% TS with an ortg of 105 and a drtg of 113

With Russ once again destroying him in assist to turnovers...

So in two of the biggest series of his career...with legit shots to win the title...in close WCF series...his 2nd option...who you claim "sucked"...played as well as Durant did or better

It isn't about saying Durant played poorly overall...he didn't...it is about showing you how much you under-rate Russ...you, for some reason, turned this into a Dirk thing and have been arguing Jason Terry is better than Russ. Do you not understand how ****ing stupid that is? Terry's best level doesn't even touch Russ's normal level from during that time.

Want to know what Terry did on the Mavs in the playoffs those years you claim Dirk had better help????

He did 17/3/4 56% TS while playing actually shit defense and a lack of ability to generate his own offense or create for others consistently...dude literally got to walk into wide open jumpers off the Dirk pick / roll / pop and still couldn't even score much more efficiently than the guy in Russ you way was an inefficient bum.

And when Terry did play well...they made a deep run coming close to a title...then went on one of the greatest championship runs of all-time in 11 beating one of the toughest paths ever.

Blazers - 1 all nba player
Lakers - 2 all nba players
Thunder - 2 all nba players (Durant on this team...LOL)
Heat - 2 all nba players

7 all nba players....3 first team and 3 second team and 1 3rd team...think about that...each team they faced, outside of the first round, had a current first team and a current 2nd team all nba player

Likd I said...lets see Durant do something like that before we start saying "clearly superior" when all he does is lose with loads of help every year outside of playing with the player that is back in the finals, yet again, without him.

See how you can't stay consistent?

Stephonit
06-04-2022, 06:09 PM
Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, LeBron James.

Regarding help: one of the above only played with one future or former MVP player in his career, another played with two, and the remaining played with three.