PDA

View Full Version : The warriors tried zone to hide Curry on defense

AirBonner
06-03-2022, 01:16 AM
And it doesn’t work. Curry still isn’t a good defender

coastalmarker99
06-03-2022, 01:19 AM
And it doesn’t work. Curry still isn’t a good defender

The Warriors were using zone defence to hide Poole on defence, not Curry.

As Curry to his credit can at least hold his own, unlike Poole who is a traffic cone on the defensive end.

3ba11
06-03-2022, 01:28 AM
It looks like Curry is still the only guy that can get his own shot

Klay is still a spot-up shooter with 1 good game against the Mavs... Wiggins is like Pippen (not really a good iso player) and Poole is still too young.

Yikes.. Warriors looked f*cked... I guess they really didn't play anyone in the WC Playoffs either... It's otherwise a miracle that Curry has carried these bums this far

Shogon
06-03-2022, 07:24 AM
Did we watch the same game? Curry played good defense.

In fact, he had the third best defense rating for the Warriors last night.

There isn't a team in the league that's going to beat a Boston team that is shooting >50% from three all game long.

edit: Against Curry...
Tatum went 0 for 2.
Brown went 1 for 3. (Curry tried to front him on the 1)
Smart went 2 for 3. (Both were open looks in which Curry had a poor response to pick and rolls and didn't recover fast enough.)
White went 1 for 1. (This is the shot where Curry was draped all over him and White hit an insane shot)

Sometimes I wonder about this board, man.

tontoz
06-03-2022, 08:08 AM

There isn't a team in the league that's going to beat a Boston team that is shooting >50% from three all game long.

Tatum went 0 for 2.
Smart went 2 for 3. (Both were open looks in which Curry had a poor response to pick and rolls and didn't recover fast enough.)
White went 1 for 1. (This is the shot where Curry was draped all over him and White hit an insane shot)

People make stuff up to fit their agenda. OP is the same guy who made the thread suggesting Kyrie surpassed Curry. :facepalm

hold this L
06-03-2022, 09:35 AM

Tatum went 0 for 2.

This board is filled with morons, and Airdumbass is certainly at the top of the list.

Gohan
06-04-2022, 10:04 AM
This board is filled with morons, and Airdumbass is certainly at the top of the list.

Hes hyped after 1 game, he’ll be crying soon enough

tpols
06-04-2022, 10:23 AM
It looks like Curry is still the only guy that can get his own shot

Klay is still a spot-up shooter with 1 good game against the Mavs... Wiggins is like Pippen (not really a good iso player) and Poole is still too young.

Yikes.. Warriors looked f*cked... I guess they really didn't play anyone in the WC Playoffs either... It's otherwise a miracle that Curry has carried these bums this far

I really hope Kerr limits pooles minutes going forward. He hoodwinked everybody with that nuggets series including myself, but the nuggets perimeter players suck so it shouldn't have been surprising.

They need to bench Poole and let Wiggins and Otto Porter get his load. You can't have 1 way players out there vs a team where everybody plays both ends.

tpols
06-04-2022, 10:25 AM

That sequence was the back breaker. Every time the dubs got a little separation that dude derrick white would hit a 3 even if it was an absurd one.

Nb1
06-04-2022, 12:39 PM
It's pretty sad for the Warriors, Curry dropped 30 (sh** his pants in the 4th ofc), but allowed indirectly like at least 70 pts from Boston. Boston's whole offense relied on trying to find the guy Curry is defending and GS's players have to switch like hell to put a guy that can actually defend on the one who's going to shoot and it messes up their whole defense system. Of course since they're always switching to not let easy points for the opponents when Curry is on them, the guy will be always late and get the blame while Curry getting hidden won't. The thing is the Warriors till now played against teams that only had 1 good player so it was easy to defend them.

That being said, GS still has the better team. The difference was, Klay, Poole and Dray didn't show up in the 4th. You can never count on Steph in those moments anyway, but those guys usually show up in the end when it's close and they didn't this game. Boston will keep taking advantage of Curry's mediocre defense, but i think offensively GS has a lot of power to counter them and they can hide Curry pretty good with their good defense all around. They're used doin this every game.