PDA

View Full Version : When people say the All Star Game has always been this kind of lame, show them this:

90sgoat
06-03-2022, 08:14 PM
It's become common to hear how this absurdity that is the modern All Star Game is "like how it always was".

There's this idea that the All Star Game was always just players chucking and dunking completely uncontested in a scrimmage like situation.

Show them this, just watch a couple of plays. Yeah, nah, that's a game, a competitive game. There's a shotclock violation in the first couple of minutes because Stockton shuts down Thomas, then Drexler pressures Jordan.

This is a GAME.

https://youtu.be/z5GJP1VYCVw?t=1040

Full Court
06-03-2022, 08:44 PM
I actually enjoyed the all star game when it was East vs. West. Everyone actually had a stake in the game then. Now with the random hodge podge of players thrown on teams, it's hard to care who wins or not. And if you don't care who wins, what's the point of a competition?

90sgoat
06-03-2022, 09:03 PM
I actually enjoyed the all star game when it was East vs. West. Everyone actually had a stake in the game then. Now with the random hodge podge of players thrown on teams, it's hard to care who wins or not. And if you don't care who wins, what's the point of a competition?

Unpopular opinion here, but I blame Lebron.

I think a lot of what we don't like about the NBA is because of Lebron.

The league has always adapted to their stars, they go as far as their stars want.

If you have super competetive people like Kobe and MJ in the All Star Game then people will take it seriously.

Not so with Lebron.

I think when Luka becomes the new All Star king, we will see some competetivenes again.

SATAN
06-03-2022, 09:06 PM
I've never heard/seen anyone say that.