PDA

View Full Version : KD in the Wild West: Finals, Finals, Finals. KD in the Weak East...

Shooter
06-04-2022, 10:07 AM
Miss Playoffs
2nd round exit
1st round exit

Okay so what's going on? He had Kyrie/Harden so it's not like he didn't have a decent squad. It wasn't like he had Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson instead. Right?

So what's going on in the Weak East? Why is the Eastern Conference Champ Streak currently at 1 year in a row? I thought anyone could do 8 in a row?

DMAVS41
06-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Given what we've seen...if KD doesn't have a borderline elite supporting cast with a current all-nba teammate...he isn't doing anything of note...

hold this L
06-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Lebron James has played 1 First ALL NBA opponent in the 8 year run he went to the finals in the East. That's 1 first ALL NBA in 24 playoff series.

SouBeachTalents
06-04-2022, 01:55 PM
Given what we've seen...if KD doesn't have a borderline elite supporting cast with a current all-nba teammate...he isn't doing anything of note...
What's crazy is how close he came to proving that wrong last season. Without Kyrie and a really hindered Harden, he had literally one of the greatest performances ever in Game 5, then broke the all time scoring record for a Game 7, coming literally a toe away from beating the future champs almost singlehandedly. Granted, I have no idea what Harden & Kyrie's statuses would've been the remainder of those playoffs, so maybe Kyrie comes back and Harden plays more effectively, but I think he beats the Hawks regardless, and after what Luka just did to the Suns, it's not inconceivable that KD could've done something similar in the Finals.

DMAVS41
06-04-2022, 02:01 PM
What's crazy is how close he came to proving that wrong last season. Without Kyrie and a really hindered Harden, he had literally one of the greatest performances ever in Game 5, then broke the all time scoring record for a Game 7, coming literally a toe away from beating the future champs almost singlehandedly. Granted, I have no idea what Harden & Kyrie's statuses would've been the remainder of those playoffs, so maybe Kyrie comes back and Harden plays more effectively, but I think he beats the Hawks regardless, and after what Luka just did to the Suns, it's not inconceivable that KD could've done something similar in the Finals.

Capable of and doing something are different. I think we all agree Durant is great and capable of amazing things...my problem is that we haven't seen it with him fully. He's played with a current all-nba teammate nearly every year of his prime...and outside the Warriors...the results are good, but nothing crazy like you'd expect if he was actually as dominant as a lot of people argue.

Spurs m8
06-04-2022, 05:19 PM
Wheres your hero?

Can't even make the play-in....

Shooter
06-04-2022, 06:06 PM
Lebron James has played 1 First ALL NBA opponent in the 8 year run he went to the finals in the East. That's 1 first ALL NBA in 24 playoff series.

Careful about all NBA selections as a Warriors fan :lol

LeBron beat 3 all NBAs in 2016 with zero all nba teammates :lol Cutie

Shooter
06-04-2022, 06:07 PM
2017, WEST: FINALS
2018, WEST: FINALS
2019, WEST: FINALS
2020, EAST: Miss playoffs
2021, EAST: 2nd round exit
2022, EAST: 1st round exit

Anyone?

Hey Yo
06-04-2022, 06:15 PM

How many first team All-NBA teammates did James play with in route to those 8 Finals?

ZERO

MrFonzworth
06-04-2022, 07:14 PM
OP in the basement: Virgin

OP outside of basement: Virgin

Spurs m8
06-04-2022, 07:58 PM
3 real seasons out West...its been nothing but straight up embarrassment

1987_Lakers
06-04-2022, 08:01 PM

He won a title in the West. You on the other hand have become an embarrassment on here, to let a grown man you have never met in your life to live rent free in your head. You could just tell by your posts that you live a crappy life.

Shooter
06-04-2022, 08:13 PM

*East. KD has been out EAST for three years

LeBron won a chip already :lol

KD is struggling in the 1st round.

Shooter
06-04-2022, 08:13 PM
He won a title in the West. You on the other hand have become an embarrassment on here, to let a grown man you have never met in your life to live rent free in your head. You could just tell by your posts that you live a crappy life.

100% All LeBron haters are sad