PDA

View Full Version : Lebron was a perennial loser just like Luka until the "decision" to form super-team

3ba11
06-06-2022, 10:33 PM
They're both just dumb ball-dominators that can't have high assist teams or ball movement because they lack the skills to be assist targets

Shooter
06-06-2022, 10:35 PM
You spelled Kobe wrong.

3ba11
06-06-2022, 10:45 PM
You spelled Kobe wrong.

Ha that's funny except Kobe was traded on draft day to a perennial loser - prime Shaq was about to get swept like 8 times (that's only a small exaggeration)

Kobe had to become a viable closer (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QVnDLP8xKE4&t=01m12s) for the Lakers to win

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2022, 10:55 PM
Luka Doncic is not a loser. Lebron James was not a loser. They are making millions to play basketball. Now you? You are a loser.

red1
06-06-2022, 11:06 PM
Luka is going down as a legend.

Kid was abnormally developed for his age and he keeps learning.

SATAN
06-06-2022, 11:18 PM
Luka Doncic is not a loser. Lebron James was not a loser. They are making millions to play basketball. Now you? You are a loser.

:lebronamazed:

Axe
06-06-2022, 11:23 PM
Him and this fool, actually.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=827668&dateline=1624237688&type=thumb

3ba11
06-06-2022, 11:59 PM

You mad that I answer to no one?

You mad that they answer to..... everyone?

They're losers compared to me in life

And they're losers on the court... Dumbass ball-dominators.. High school hot-doggers and GED'ers.. Uneducated at life and hoops...

Those are the facts... Carry on though

plowking
06-07-2022, 12:04 AM
Jordan was until Pippen came along.

Axe
06-07-2022, 12:05 AM

And they're losers on the court... Dumbass ball-dominators.. High school hot-doggers and GED'ers.. Uneducated at life and hoops...

Zach randolph

Shooter
06-07-2022, 12:09 AM

You don't ever "wonder" why every basketball site bans you immediately, do you? You get it right? Like, you truly understand your mental deficiencies, right? You 100% get it, right?

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:10 AM
Jordan was until Pippen came along.

He was a loser after Pippen too in 89' and 90' with Phil and Pippen..

However, Jordan learned to win with Pippen's shit performance (19 on 42% in 6 Finals, aka a poor man's Pandemic P)

Everyone loses before their prime or with bottom seeds.. The first time Lebron had less than a top 4 seed, he lost in the 1st Round (2021)..

Ultimately, prime Jordan lost the least of anyone in their prime - he never lost with a 1 or 2 seed while everyone else lost 5+ times each (Lebron, Magic, Bird, etc)

and he never lost with an all-star teammate except the migraine year and baseball year.. Otoh, everyone else lost a ton with a ton of all-stars.

Axe
06-07-2022, 12:13 AM
He was a loser after Pippen too in 89' and 90' with Phil and Pippen..

However, Jordan learned to win with Pippen's shit performance (19 on 42% in 6 Finals, aka a poor man's Pandemic P)

Everyone loses before their prime or with bottom seeds.. The first time Lebron had less than a top 4 seed, he lost in the 1st Round (2021)..

Ultimately, prime Jordan lost the least of anyone in their prime - he never lost with a 1 or 2 seed while everyone else lost 5+ times each (Lebron, Magic, Bird, etc)

and he never lost with an all-star teammate except the migraine year and baseball year.. Otoh, everyone else lost a ton with a ton of all-stars.
No pip?

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:15 AM
No pip?

No multiple Pip's or guys far better than Pip?

kawhileonard2
06-07-2022, 12:28 AM
They're both just dumb ball-dominators that can't have high assist teams or ball movement because they lack the skills to be assist targets

Agreed! Lebron had to change teams to win.

3ba11
06-07-2022, 02:13 AM
No seriously - what's the difference between a pre-decision Lebron and other perennially-losing ball-dominators like Westbrook, Luka, Harden, or CP3?

The only difference is that Lebron got to team-hop around and stack his teams, otherwise he was just another career-losing ball-dominator like CP3 and company, including many debacles from 04-11'

Sportal
06-07-2022, 06:30 AM

When I think about this... The teams that LeBron had compared to someone like Wade... LeBron didn't even have someone as good as Rookie Beasley, or Shaun Marion... And he was expected to win a title... Ludicrous.

The man had Delonte West as his 2nd/3rd best player in the playoffs... LeBron didn't even have a 2nd option as good as Tony Kukoc, and you expect him to win a title... Kukoc has better stats than Mo Williams when they both are playing starter minutes... You realise this, right? What was Kukoc for the Bulls? 3rd or 4th most important player? Lol.

bdonovan
06-07-2022, 08:13 AM
It reinforces the importance of the Front Office in whether a team can win or not.

We often think of teams winning in terms of their player strength; but how did they get that player strength? It was because of a front office that bet on the right attributes in players.

Just as there's a competition between Boston and San Francisco, or New York and Milwaukee - of the star players on those teams- there is also a behind-the-scenes competition between their front offices to acquire the kind of talent, that can complement one another and play winning basketball.

No one liked Bulls GM Jerry Krause when he said "organizations win championships" (particularly as it seemed like a shot against Jordan). But even if the messenger was flawed, the message still had some truth to it.

Steph didn't win until the 6th year and that was only because GSW's front office scouted Draymond and Klay in successive years (both were outside the top 10 in draft picks). Had that not happened, who knows what Steph might have done with his career if he felt he had no shot on the Warriors.

Shooter
06-07-2022, 09:02 AM
No pip?

No chip

SouBeachTalents
06-07-2022, 09:05 AM
OP would certainly be the expert on perennial losers

tontoz
06-07-2022, 09:07 AM
Luka has been a beast in the playoffs. OP molests farm animals.

Wally450
06-07-2022, 10:31 AM
Does OP ever get out?

Real Men Wear Green
06-07-2022, 10:35 AM

There is no way that you are a success in life. If you were you wouldn't have time to troll the internet 24/7 talking about rich successful men that don't even know you exist. No woman would put up with a man that thinks about other men more than he does her and no employer would pay you to sit on your phone and post bs all day.

8Ball
06-07-2022, 10:46 AM
Neither Luka nor LeBron is 1-9

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:02 PM
MJ was a 'loser' for 6 years until a system was instituted and he had higher caliber second/third options, quality role players and better coaching/strategy to compete for a title. 'Jordan-ball' wasn't producing top 5 ORtg teams until 1990. Guess what systematic change occurred that season........light bulb going off yet?

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:05 PM
There is no way that you are a success in life. If you were you wouldn't have time to troll the internet 24/7 talking about rich successful men that don't even know you exist. No woman would put up with a man that thinks about other men more than he does her and no employer would pay you to sit on your phone and post bs all day.

My Dad had a doctoral degree and 2 Masters - I was making more money than he ever did in his illustrious career by the time I was 25.

And I didn't even need a doctoral degree like he did - he set me up so well in life

Nowadays I don't have to work and can pursue my passions..

Now for a rant..

The next stage of human evolution is around the corner.. We started out on the animal level where we work and hunt all day for food.. When food became mass produced and a given, we evolved to working all day for standard of living.. Artificial intelligence will eventually take over jobs so no one will have to work and standard of living will be a given, just like food became a given.. Once everyone is like me and Jeff Bezos (don't have to work), they will pursue their passions and attempt to influence thought (Bezos buys media outlets like Wapo).. That's the next stage of human evolution.

Keep hating on me though and being angry

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:07 PM
My Dad had a doctoral degree and 2 Masters - I was making more money than he ever did in his illustrious career by the time I was 25.

And I didn't even need a doctoral degree.

Nowadays I don't have to work and can pursue my passions..

And my dick is 12 inches soft. Ask your mom....

Today's life lesson: anyone can post bullshit on the internet under anonymity that they'll never have to back up.

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:10 PM
And my dick is 12 inches soft. Ask your mom....

Today's life lesson: anyone can post bullshit on the internet under anonymity that they'll never have to back up.

I don't have to lie about anything.

I'm 6'6" and played D1 and smashed on Zach 4 times in a row when he was a sophomore in HS

In addition to what I said earlier

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:21 PM
I don't have to lie about anything.

I'm 6'6" and played D1 and smashed on Zach 4 times in a row when he was a sophomore in HS

In addition to what I said earlier

You don't have to tell the truth about anything when you don't have to prove it. That's the point.

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:25 PM
You don't have to tell the truth about anything when you don't have to prove it. That's the point.

I've proven that I played D1 by posting pictures of myself playing in D1 games.

Furthermore, RRR3 and others have stalked me and know my full name - so ask them for my full name and then look me up on sportsref

I've also posted clips of me at 40-years old dusting some young guns in flip-flops.. I'm actually 6'6" and 1/2 inch without shoes, so understand that's a 6'7" dude out there and 41 years old... aka handle... aka BAG

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:33 PM
I've proven that I played D1 by posting pictures of myself playing in D1 games.

Furthermore, RRR3 and others have stalked me and know my full name - so ask them for my full name and then look me up on sportsref

I've also posted clips of me at 40-years old dusting some young guns in flip-flops.. I'm actually 6'6" and 1/2 inch without shoes, so understand that's a 6'7" dude out there and 41 years old... aka handle... aka BAG

I haven't seen such pics, but why are any of us to believe that it's you in any case? What makes you think you're worthy of the benefit of doubt when you post bullshit all day long? What makes you think your identity is so important that I need to ask other posters for it? What makes you think dunking on Zach Randolph a decade before he made the L with his 3" vertical is a thought that needs to leave the back recesses of your mind?

Tell me your name here and now. Drop a pic of you from college, and a current pic of you holding up '3bot' as proof. Otherwise?

https://c.tenor.com/WBSt2gcsNVMAAAAd/we-dont-care.gif

SouBeachTalents
06-07-2022, 12:39 PM
I haven't seen such pics, but why are any of us to believe that it's you in any case? What makes you think you're worthy of the benefit of doubt when you post bullshit all day long? What makes you think your identity is so important that I need to ask other posters for it? What makes you think dunking on Zach Randolph a decade before he made the L with his 3" vertical is a thought that needs to leave the back recesses of your mind?

Tell me your name here and now. Drop a pic of you from college, and a current pic of you holding up '3bot' as proof. Otherwise?

https://c.tenor.com/WBSt2gcsNVMAAAAd/we-dont-care.gif
1-9

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:48 PM
1-9

05 Hughes

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:49 PM
I haven't seen such pics, but why are any of us to believe that it's you in any case? What makes you think you're worthy of the benefit of doubt when you post bullshit all day long?

It isn't bullshit to say that Lebron was a perennial loser with many playoff debacles just like other career-losing ball-dominators......... until the "decision" to form super-teams

What makes you think your identity is so important that I need to ask other posters for it?

Despite me NOT posting bullshit (above), you don't afford me the same benefit of the doubt that would normally be standard.

If someone said that they played a little D1 tennis and once snuck a few aces by Sampras in high school, they would normally get the benefit of the doubt.

I certainly would assume that no one is a big enough loser to come on here and make some shit up.

But then again - I actually played, so I don't know the mindset of a wannabe baller.

What makes you think dunking on Zach Randolph a decade before he made the L with his 3" vertical is a thought that needs to leave the back recesses of your mind?

They were sick posters and I brought it up in response to another poster.. That's when I got pushback in the years since by posters in the "wannabe" category, apparently.... :confusedshrug:

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:51 PM
It isn't bullshit to say that Lebron was a perennial loser with many playoff debacles just like other career-losing ball-dominators until the "decision" to form super-teams

What makes you think your identity is so important that I need to ask other posters for it?

Despite me NOT posting bullshit (above), you don't afford me the same benefit of the doubt that would normally be standard.

If someone said that they played a little D1 tennis and once snuck a few aces by Sampras in high school, they would normally get the benefit of the doubt.

I certainly would assume that no one is a big enough loser to come on here and make some shit up.

But then again - I actually played, so I don't know the mindset of a wannabe baller.

What makes you think dunking on Zach Randolph a decade before he made the L with his 3" vertical is a thought that needs to leave the back recesses of your mind?

They were sick posters and I brought it up in response to another poster.. That's when I got pushback in the years since by posters in the "wannabe" category.... :confusedshrug:

Didn't read. College pic, current pic with you holding up '3ball'.

8Ball
06-07-2022, 12:53 PM
1-9

Thread cliffs

Jordan was a perennial loser 1-9 until Pippen came.

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:54 PM

I don't feel like outing myself again for the wannabe class

If you missed it.. too bad

8Ball

He flip flopped on Curry and Giannis and now he wants us to believe anything about him.

Lmfao.

3ba11
Thread cliffs

Jordan was a perennial loser 1-9 until Pippen came.

And Lebron needed multiple Pip's or guys much better than Pip

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:55 PM
I don't feel like outing myself again for the wannabe class

If you missed it.. too bad

So in other words, you're a bitch.

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:56 PM
And Lebron needed multiple Pip's or guys much better than Pip

Vorp.

3ba11
06-07-2022, 12:57 PM
So in other words, you're a bitch.

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 12:57 PM

Bitch.

r15mohd
06-07-2022, 01:10 PM

more lies...u also said you went to college in chicago and used to frequent the city gyms MJ would (which he rarely did), and how regulars there would validate your theories on MJ vs how you played too

it's OK to beleive this stuff in your head for whatever mentally challenged reasoning you have, but dont expect anyone else to fall for your b/s

FKAri
06-07-2022, 01:25 PM
more lies...u also said you went to college in chicago and used to frequent the city gyms MJ would (which he rarely did), and how regulars there would validate your theories on MJ vs how you played too

it's OK to beleive this stuff in your head for whatever mentally challenged reasoning you have, but dont expect anyone else to fall for your b/s

There was also SamuraiSwish who claimed he coached AAU until he got exposed. I don't believe a word from anyone on this forum about their personal lives.

r15mohd
06-07-2022, 01:42 PM
There was also SamuraiSwish who claimed he coached AAU until he got exposed. I don't believe a word from anyone on this forum about their personal lives.

yup...3ball is just next level on it, very much a disease.

he ditched the '3ball' name saying he lost his email access and pw and could not reset it (i'm sure), and why he created '3ba11'. only reason he ditched the old name was hoping some would be forgetful of it, erasing his history best he could since it was all fallacy under '3ball' and no trying to rewrite his stances. then the best is when they outed him on how his '3ball' name was logged into a few months back.

pathological liar is an understatement lol

3ba11
06-07-2022, 02:22 PM

I've never been "exposed" because it's true

If you were to find out who I am, the "exposure" would show that I played D1

Axe
06-07-2022, 02:35 PM

Romeo
Uniform
Bravo
Bravo
India
Sierra
Hotel

;)

3ba11
06-07-2022, 02:53 PM
Romeo
Uniform
Bravo
Bravo
India
Sierra
Hotel

;)

If only there was some way to find out who I was and prove that I'm really a 5.6" fat dude from Cyprus

Oh wait... RRR3, sdot_thadon, SouBeach and others already found out who I was... And it turns out I'm a non-descript former D1 player that is 6'6" and people say I looks like Lebron or Horry.. But I think more like David Robinson, which people have mentioned, along with Will Smith... :confusedshrug:

tontoz
06-07-2022, 03:11 PM
OP, what is your criteria to say that Luka and Lebron (first Cavs stint) are losers? Be specific.

3ba11
06-07-2022, 03:59 PM
OP, what is your criteria to say that Luka and Lebron (first Cavs stint) are losers? Be specific.

Pre-decision Lebron played horribly during many playoff debacles:

* 22 on 35% in Finals sweep loss

* 26 on 35% in 08' loss in 2nd Round

* lost as favorite to 1-star team in 09'

* lost a 2-1 lead as the favorite after getting 21 on 34% for the last 3 games in 2010

So Lebron was a perennial loser like Luka, Westbrook, CP3 and other ball-dominators before the "decision" to form super-teams

These ball-dominators need to be talent-based winners (team-hopping... all-star team strategy) because their ball-dominance lacks the teammate fits, development and brand of ball to win organically..

tontoz
06-07-2022, 04:13 PM
Pre-decision Lebron played horribly during many playoff debacles:

* 22 on 35% in Finals sweep loss

* 26 on 35% in 08' loss in 2nd Round

* lost as favorite to 1-star team in 09'

* lost a 2-1 lead as the favorite after getting 21 on 34% for the last 3 games in 2010

So Lebron was a perennial loser like Luka, Westbrook, CP3 and other ball-dominators before the "decision" to form super-teams

These ball-dominators need to be talent-based winners (team-hopping... all-star team strategy) because their ball-dominance lacks the teammate fits, development and brand of ball to win organically..

So you cherry pick playoff series when Lebron doesn't play well and that makes him a loser? So the regular season doesn't matter at all? So you just ignore that he actually got to the Finals in his first Cavs stint. You ignore him leading the league in playoff scoring in 2009 with a 62% TS.

Seems pretty inconsistent. If you play poorly in specific playoff series you are a loser. If you play well in some playoff series, but not all, you are still a loser.

So what playoff series did Luka play poorly enough to be considered a loser?

Wally450
06-07-2022, 04:33 PM

You cherry pick and move goalposts to fit your agenda. You get exposed quite frequently.

warriorfan
06-07-2022, 04:36 PM
3ball staying rent free.

They fuming.

Phoenix
06-07-2022, 04:39 PM

Bitch.

Full Court
06-07-2022, 05:58 PM
Him and this fool, actually.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/image.php?u=827668&dateline=1624237688&type=thumb

I've got the weeping dingus talking about me in threads I haven't even posted in. That's how deep I've gotten inside his head. :roll: I love it!

StrongLurk
06-07-2022, 08:09 PM
Bro OP makes me super uncomfortable...like no one in his life is getting him help so all of his mental issues are being spammed on here every day...

Axe
06-07-2022, 08:13 PM
:cry:
Aw don't cry now just because i said the truth which obviously hurts you a lot. ;)

3ba11
06-07-2022, 08:15 PM
So you cherry pick playoff series when Lebron doesn't play well and that makes him a loser? So the regular season doesn't matter at all? So you just ignore that he actually got to the Finals in his first Cavs stint. You ignore him leading the league in playoff scoring in 2009 with a 62% TS.

Seems pretty inconsistent. If you play poorly in specific playoff series you are a loser. If you play well in some playoff series, but not all, you are still a loser.

So what playoff series did Luka play poorly enough to be considered a loser?

Luka had a good run this year just like Lebron in 07' or 09'

But they still lost and continued to lose until Lebron got the extra talent that his weak brand needs (super-teams)

Luka will also need extra talent (team-hopping) if he remains a simpleton ball-dominator that lacks the teammate fits and brand of ball to win organically

Full Court
06-07-2022, 08:44 PM
Aw don't cry now just because i said the truth which obviously hurts you a lot. ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh dingus. ;)

Still waiting for you to post the results of your autism test. :lol

Axe
06-07-2022, 08:49 PM
Yep, nobody believes you. And nobody is more autistic than a jizzrag weirdo who reads a lot in breitbart.

Full Court
06-07-2022, 08:51 PM
Yep, nobody believes you. And nobody is more autistic than a jizzrag weirdo who reads a lot in breitbart.

Triggered dingus the autistic Bronie in another meltdown. :roll:

This gets better all the time.

Axe
06-07-2022, 08:51 PM
Can't stop whining as usual, after he ultimately got exposed for being an embarrassing breitbart reader. :cry:

Full Court
06-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Can't stop whining as usual, after he ultimately got exposed for being an embarrassing breitbart reader. :cry:

"Exposed." Yeah, by linking to a Breitbart article on here that sent him and 8Pauper into a meltdown. :roll:

Autism is a terrible thing...

tontoz
06-07-2022, 10:25 PM
Luka had a good run this year just like Lebron in 07' or 09'

But they still lost and continued to lose until Lebron got the extra talent that his weak brand needs (super-teams)

Luka will also need extra talent (team-hopping) if he remains a simpleton ball-dominator that lacks the teammate fits and brand of ball to win organically

So by your standards MJ was a loser until '91.

Luka is only 24 and has no All Stars on his roster but still took out the top seed. They overachieved.

Carbine
06-07-2022, 10:48 PM
I agree about Luka. His brand of ball right now is concerning. It is most likely needed because his team is not championship caliber. They overrachieved with the roster they had.

Jordan was a ball dominator to begin his career too. The triangle took the time of possession away from him while maintaining his shot attempts. It's a credit to Jordans off ball skills and quick decision post game he had

I'm not sure Luka can do that and maintain his impact. He's an awful defender, someone you search out and destroy. His catch and shooting is not strong, his off ball cuts are not great. He is a masterful player running those picks to create space or matchups though. He's going to want to continue to do that, so he's going to have to be very coachable to take the ball out of his hands and develop off ball skills to.maximize great talent - otherwise he's relegating great talent to spot up or a your turn my turn offense.

WhiteKyrie
06-07-2022, 11:28 PM
You spelled Kobe wrong.

Kobe won a ring in his fourth season

2ball
06-07-2022, 11:42 PM
Its funny LeBron almost does more with less. Give him a team full of stars and HOFers and he reduces the teams capacity.

3ba11
06-08-2022, 01:42 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2021/t3TEzx.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2021/LIlDOj.gif

So by your standards MJ was a loser until '91.

Luka is only 24 and has no All Stars on his roster but still took out the top seed. They overachieved.

Jordan's 8 seeds from 85-87' were expected to get trampled and his teams overachieved from 88-90' before winning titles thereafter.

So Jordan never underachieved by being uncompetitive or swept in his prime (88-98'), while everyone else was swept and uncompetitive in their prime numerous times.

Furthermore, Jordan is the only player that never lost with a 1 or 2 seed and lost the least with an all-star teammate (migraine & baseball yr).. He also never lost when expected to win (favored).

Accordingly, Jordan had a perfect career.. Btw, Jordan's injury in 86' caused him to return and carry a 30-win team in the playoffs - this is the worst team to ever make a Playoffs, yet Jordan was more competitive against a peak dynasty than the champion Heat were against the 14' Spurs.. Jordan was forced to carry bummy 8 seeds, while Lebron waited until he had veteran high seeds and his opponent's sidekick (above) before entering the 06' Playoffs

Ultimately, Jordan's off-ball game, scoring diversity and elite jumpshooting skill allowed sufficient teammate fits and brand of ball to win organically.. Otoh, Luka's ball-dominance lacks capacity for good teammate fits or brand of ball (ball movement), so he'll need extra talent to win (super-team.. talent-based winning.. no brand of ball)

Phoenix
06-08-2022, 05:41 AM
I agree about Luka. His brand of ball right now is concerning. It is most likely needed because his team is not championship caliber. They overrachieved with the roster they had.

Jordan was a ball dominator to begin his career too. The triangle took the time of possession away from him while maintaining his shot attempts. It's a credit to Jordans off ball skills and quick decision post game he had

I'm not sure Luka can do that and maintain his impact. He's an awful defender, someone you search out and destroy. His catch and shooting is not strong, his off ball cuts are not great. He is a masterful player running those picks to create space or matchups though. He's going to want to continue to do that, so he's going to have to be very coachable to take the ball out of his hands and develop off ball skills to.maximize great talent - otherwise he's relegating great talent to spot up or a your turn my turn offense.

Yeah, I've said this a few times. There was one sequence against the Warriors where Luka passed off then made a hard cut, ended up with an easy 2. I'm like 'YES Luka, do THAT more!' instead of passing off then remaining mostly stationary waiting for the ball back. There are some stylistic/coaching evolution that needs to occur there. That said....

The Mavs are not a championship roster and getting as far as they did required Luka to dominate the ball. For both he and the team to take the next step, his off-ball game is going to need to improve but the Mavs are going to need more pieces. I disagree with the idiot who created the OP that he needs 'superteams' however, he needs another all-nba level player, ideally one who can facilitate as well as provide a consistent 20ppg+ scoring option. Giannis lost Middleton and couldn't get to the conference finals. Steph has Klay(not as good as his peak years, still dangeerous), Dray, Poole, etc. Tatum has Brown, the DPOY in Smart, Horford etc. KD and Kyrie didn't win a single game in the playoffs, let alone compete for a title. The back to back MVP lost in the first round. There isn't a single player in the league who is going to win a title with Brunson as your number 2, regardless of 'brand of ball', and there isn't a single player in the league capable of taking a team to the finals without a bare minimum of a 2nd all-nba level player, solid third option, good supporting talent and coaching. Nobody is pulling a 94 Hakeem, 03 Duncan, 11 Dirk 'singular superstar with role players' run in this era.

Shooter
06-08-2022, 08:20 AM
If you're considered a "perennial loser" because at age 20 in your 1st ever playoff series you already notched a higher series PPG than Kobe's best ever playoff series PPG of his career and then by age 22 you made the Finals, then I wonder what names we'd give someone who was 1-9 getting swept in the 1st round during thesame time period.

MJ/Kobe were nothing until Along came Scottie/Shaq

8Ball
06-08-2022, 08:38 AM
If you're considered a "perennial loser" because at age 20 in your 1st ever playoff series you already notched a higher series PPG than Kobe's best ever playoff series PPG of his career and then by age 22 you made the Finals, then I wonder what names we'd give someone who was 1-9 getting swept in the 1st round during thesame time period.

MJ/Kobe were nothing until Along came Scottie/Shaq

Shooter I finally found you. Looking nice and sharp on an aircraft carrier on the set of Maverick. How did you score such a gig? :applause:

https://i.ibb.co/GCT37y1/Screen-Shot-2022-06-07-at-11-44-45-PM.png

tontoz
06-08-2022, 09:19 AM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2021/t3TEzx.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-15-2021/LIlDOj.gif

Jordan's 8 seeds from 85-87' were expected to get trampled and his teams overachieved from 88-90' before winning titles thereafter.

So Jordan never underachieved by being uncompetitive or swept in his prime (88-98'), while everyone else was swept and uncompetitive in their prime numerous times.

Furthermore, Jordan is the only player that never lost with a 1 or 2 seed and lost the least with an all-star teammate (migraine & baseball yr).. He also never lost when expected to win (favored).

Accordingly, Jordan had a perfect career.. Btw, Jordan's injury in 86' caused him to return and carry a 30-win team in the playoffs - this is the worst team to ever make a Playoffs, yet Jordan was more competitive against a peak dynasty than the champion Heat were against the 14' Spurs.. Jordan was forced to carry bummy 8 seeds, while Lebron waited until he had veteran high seeds and his opponent's sidekick (above) before entering the 06' Playoffs

Ultimately, Jordan's off-ball game, scoring diversity and elite jumpshooting skill allowed sufficient teammate fits and brand of ball to win organically.. Otoh, Luka's ball-dominance lacks capacity for good teammate fits or brand of ball (ball movement), so he'll need extra talent to win (super-team.. talent-based winning.. no brand of ball)

So losing in the playoffs, even getting swept, is OK if you lose to a higher seed?

Every loss Luka's had in the playoffs has been to a higher seed so how is he a loser?

Shooter
06-08-2022, 09:39 AM
Kobe won a ring in his fourth season

*Shaq

Shooter
06-08-2022, 09:39 AM
Shooter I finally found you. Looking nice and sharp on an aircraft carrier on the set of Maverick. How did you score such a gig? :applause:

https://i.ibb.co/GCT37y1/Screen-Shot-2022-06-07-at-11-44-45-PM.png

:rockon::dancin