PDA

View Full Version : Is Draymond Green's podcasting during the playoffs/finals a problem to you?

Im Still Ballin
06-09-2022, 03:05 AM
Title.

Imagine if you were on that team. Would you be a little irked by it? Seems like he's prioritizing his own ventures and not being 100% locked in on the job at hand. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I just don't know. Some people in that organization are probably side eying the man.

i have no idea whether it effects him or not

i don't watch it anyway

sounds like he'll say something like we need to play harder

which begs the question are they not getting paid enough to play hard every game

what a joke

or do they like many people grasp at straws to explain things they don't understand

maybe he's just cold

maybe he's getting older and isn't as good anymore and can't just say that

TheGoatest
06-09-2022, 04:33 AM
A problem to me? Not so much.
A problem to his team and their chances of winning? Probably.

GimmeThat
06-09-2022, 04:53 AM
the fact that I have to explain to kids as to why that's an undesirable trait/tactic does make it a problem to me.

Bronbron23
06-09-2022, 08:20 AM
It shouldn't be. This is the dumbest shit I've heard tbh. The guy is literally sitting down and talking about the game. How in the f*ck is that hurting him and his team. What in the hell do people think everyone else is doing after the game? They're chillin and Going out for dinner talking about the game. Only difference is it isn't being recorded. I swear people will fish for anything to criticize people over

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2022, 08:26 AM
its weird af

imagine pippen or harper just casually podcasting during finals' series :oldlol:

bitch focus on the game

you dont need to put yourself out there right now

Akeem34TheDream
06-09-2022, 08:33 AM
It shouldn't be. This is the dumbest shit I've heard tbh. The guy is literally sitting down and talking about the game. How in the f*ck is that hurting him and his team. What in the hell do people think everyone else is doing after the game? They're chillin and Going out for dinner talking about the game. Only difference is it isn't being recorded. I swear people will fish for anything to criticize people over

Main thing here is, in playoffs there is pressure and most players try to stay away from any extra attention even social media. Trash talk off court also happens less. Any of this wouldn't be a problem when you are winning but when you are losing it might be irritating to your teammates and fans.

Bronbron23
06-09-2022, 08:36 AM
Main thing here is, in playoffs there is pressure and most players try to stay away from any extra attention even social media. Trash talk off court also happens less. Any of this wouldn't be a problem when you are winning but when you are losing it might be irritating to your teammates and fans.

I don't think his teammates care. Maybe some idiotic fans do but that's gonna happen regardless. I agree in the most sensitive era ever it's not great optics but dray don't give a shit about that.

Bronbron23
06-09-2022, 08:40 AM
its weird af

imagine pippen or harper just casually podcasting during finals' series :oldlol:

bitch focus on the game

Dude he's literally focussing on the game the whole time. The man is sitting down and talking about the game. It's no different than every other player except he's talking into a mic instead of to his wife or friends. This has to be the most retarded shit I've ever heard.

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2022, 08:42 AM
Dude he's literally focussing on the game the whole time. The man is sitting down and talking about the game. It's no different than every other player except he's talking into a mic instead of to his wife or friends. This has to be the most retarded shit I've ever heard.

no one here cares about your takes

Akeem34TheDream
06-09-2022, 08:45 AM
I don't think his teammates care. Maybe some idiotic fans do but that's gonna happen regardless. I agree in the most sensitive era ever it's not great optics but dray don't give a shit about that.

I don't have any problem with it and obviously coaches don't learn anything new from his podcast. But it has nothing to do with this sensitive era. In fact i can see more people criticizing him if it was the past because its not a traditional thing to do. I can't see Pippen doing this while playing with MJ.

ArbitraryWater
06-09-2022, 08:49 AM
I don't have any problem with it and obviously coaches don't learn anything new from his podcast. But it has nothing to do with this sensitive era. In fact i can see more people criticizing him if it was the past because its not a traditional thing to do. I can't see Pippen doing this while playing with MJ.

bingo.

but that guy thinks its appropriate draymond makes fun of a reporter asking a sensible q most agree with

AlternativeAcc.
06-09-2022, 09:41 AM
I dont like it very much no matter how he plays. It sends a weird message to the fans.. like you can play like shit and go on a podcast and turn on your media hat... it's like your half-retired already. Just feels super weird.

FultzNationRISE
06-09-2022, 09:54 AM
I dont like it very much no matter how he plays. It sends a weird message to the fans.. like you can play like shit and go on a podcast and turn on your media hat... it's like your half-retired already. Just feels super weird.

I agree with this on one hand, obviously players are entitled to their own lives, but I think they get plenty of leeway to focus on such things in the regular season plus they get an off season, so youd think for a few weeks of a playoff run they could stay fully focused.

On the other hand, if this is simply what he does to stay in routine and keep things status quo between games, I suppose theres no real harm in the act of doing the podcast itself. I mean nobody’s gonna sit in silence and meditate for 24 hours straight between games. I dont think a couple hours talking in a mic is gonna prevent him from playing well.

As others said, it’s jut the optics that feels a bit strange. Hes basically doing individual self promotion at the same time the team is playing the most important series of the year. But in reality its prob not actually changing anything.

As long as hes prepared for how it may be perceived if they end up losing.

Wally450
06-09-2022, 09:57 AM
Not at all.

AlternativeAcc.
06-09-2022, 10:06 AM
I agree with this on one hand, obviously players are entitled to their own lives, but I think they get plenty of leeway to focus on such things in the regular season plus they get an off season, so youd think for a few weeks of a playoff run they could stay fully focused.

On the other hand, if this is simply what he does to stay in routine and keep things status quo between games, I suppose theres no real harm in the act of doing the podcast itself. I mean nobody’s gonna sit in silence and meditate for 24 hours straight between games. I dont think a couple hours talking in a mic is gonna prevent him from playing well.

As others said, it’s jut the optics that feels a bit strange. Hes basically doing individual self promotion at the same time the team is playing the most important series of the year. But in reality its prob not actually changing anything.

As long as hes prepared for how it may be perceived if they end up losing.

Yeah I definitely see it as more of an optics thing. I don't think its necessarily effecting his play, and thats obviously impossible to really know. But it feels like he has other obligations that don't include winning the finals. Guys like LeBron typically don't even post on social media during playoff runs, at least not much. I know he's shut down his posting for several runs on some #zerodarkthirty shit. That sends me the right message. Watching a guy in a jovial mood after playing like shit and his team losing in the finals sends the opposite message. Like he's still gaining something by losing. Looks weird.

rmt
06-09-2022, 10:09 AM
Like how about Draymond go practice shooting instead of spending time (and yes, it takes time to prepare) on his podcast. And his cavalier attitude - like yeah, I'll be better next game (how can he be worse) - sucks. It's the Finals, Draymond, you have to bring it EVERY game - not take off every other game.

FultzNationRISE
06-09-2022, 10:12 AM
Yeah I definitely see it as more of an optics thing. I don't think its necessarily effecting his play, and thats obviously impossible to really know. But it feels like he has other obligations that don't include winning the finals. Guys like LeBron typically don't even post on social media during playoff runs, at least not much. I know he's shut down his posting for several runs on some #zerodarkthirty shit. That sends me the right message. Watching a guy in a jovial mood after playing like shit and his team losing in the finals sends the opposite message. Like he's still gaining something by losing. Looks weird.

True.

But of course, LeDaddy built different. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, sexually, hes on a whole other level of professionalism.

Green could never live up to those standards.

Im Still Ballin
06-09-2022, 10:16 AM
So many of these NBA guys are going for the media route, but most of them have zero charisma.

Chuck is the GOAT because he's simply a great personality; Shaq tries hard to be like him but isn't a natural like he is. You can see him try to compete with Chuck and steal the spotlight all the time. Never works, though -- Chuck's the main character.

rmt
06-09-2022, 10:21 AM
So many of these NBA guys are going for the media route, but most of them have zero charisma.

Chuck is the GOAT because he's simply a great personality; Shaq tries hard to be like him but isn't a natural like he is. You can see him try to compete with Chuck and steal the spotlight all the time. Never works, though -- Chuck's the main character.

Agree - Chuck's the best. And Shaq mumbles too much - needs to speak clearer.

Anyone on Inside the NBA is better than who's offered on ESPN.

8Ball
06-09-2022, 11:07 AM

Charles is the goat.

I prefer shaq over every other player. Wade too bland and politically correct.
Kenny tries too hard to push himself in as a great player despite never making an all star game.

rmt
06-09-2022, 11:52 AM
Chuck's last treasure was when he was commenting about how he tried anything when he was hurt - like acupuncture and the stuff they used in horses/stallions - cracked me up.

SATAN
06-09-2022, 08:38 PM
Draymond Green isn't a very interesting person and seems to think he's smarter than he atleast appears to be. There's no way I'm watching that shit. Don't care.

3ba11
06-10-2022, 12:19 AM
Yes

He completely exposed himself and ruined the little magic that he had and confidence game

PP34Deuce
06-10-2022, 12:36 AM
Drays problem is he can give great defense but his defenders don't have to play defense. They don't fear him and often times he passes open jumpers.

He has zero confidence shooting. He also isn't even rebounding as well.

Bronbron23
06-10-2022, 12:38 AM
Draymond Green isn't a very interesting person and seems to think he's smarter than he atleast appears to be. There's no way I'm watching that shit. Don't care.

He's one of the best personalities in the game dude. Sure he's polarising but that's good for the sport.

PP34Deuce
06-10-2022, 12:38 AM
Charles is the goat.

I prefer shaq over every other player. Wade too bland and politically correct.
Kenny tries too hard to push himself in as a great player despite never making an all star game.

I actually think draymond plays a villain real well.
Richard Jefferson with the tnt guys would be great.

moongaze
06-10-2022, 02:21 PM

Lol for real . He's only recording himself talk. How can that possibly affect his ability to play basketball lol there's a lot of people hating on podcasts . Like they're mad certain people are eating from them

Im Still Ballin
06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
Lol for real . He's only recording himself talk. How can that possibly affect his ability to play basketball lol there's a lot of people hating on podcasts . Like they're mad certain people are eating from them

It was pretty hilarious how butthurt Draymond got when that reporter brought it up though.

I think Fultz said it right: it's not affecting the game but the optics might look bad. There are definitely Warriors fans out there that are a little pissed with all his talking and shenanigans.

Bronbron23
06-10-2022, 02:44 PM
Like how about Draymond go practice shooting instead of spending time (and yes, it takes time to prepare) on his podcast. And his cavalier attitude - like yeah, I'll be better next game (how can he be worse) - sucks. It's the Finals, Draymond, you have to bring it EVERY game - not take off every other game.

Man u guys are crazy with this shit. Nobody plays ball for 24 hrs. Rest and downtime is just as important. For dray that's his podcast. Dude is literally sitting down resting talking basketball. This is no different than every other player in the world btw. After the game they go home or go to a restaurant or hotel and sit down and talk about the game to their loved ones or friends. The only difference with dray is he records it. There's absolutely nothing to see here.

Bronbron23
06-10-2022, 02:48 PM

It's the era we live in man. People look for anything to criticize someone about. They hear a reason like drays podcast and they fall into group think and blindly go along with it without using reasoning to see if it actually makes sense.

This podcast excuse makes zero sense if you think about it.

Norcaliblunt
06-10-2022, 03:11 PM
I love it because it exposes the fact that the fans care more about this shit than the players do. After a tough loss fans be tripping slipping into depression questioning everything. The players just go about their business like who cares I’m off to my next venture. Lol.

FilmyCogTurner
06-10-2022, 04:39 PM
He's free to do so however it is a bad look - also don't like how he can influence the refs through his podcast if he says the right thing.

Bronbron23
06-10-2022, 05:25 PM
He's free to do so however it is a bad look - also don't like how he can influence the refs through his podcast if he says the right thing.

I agree it's not a good look but that's only because the media and fans in general are mindless tools

sdot_thadon
06-10-2022, 08:45 PM
It doesn't bother me because it doesn't strike me as an act detrimental to his ability to play games. I'd be far more concerned if he was at the strip club, gambling or some shit like that. Which hint, hint other players have been on record doing during championship series.

Derka
06-10-2022, 08:52 PM
Amazing to me that anyone cares at all about this. We're such a needless drama-fueled culture.

sdot_thadon
06-10-2022, 08:55 PM
Amazing to me that anyone cares at all about this. We're such a needless drama-fueled culture.

Man I feel like sports talk shows have poisoned the well for the fans.

Bronbron23
06-10-2022, 09:14 PM

Preach

Full Court
06-10-2022, 09:24 PM
Couldn't care less if he podcasts or not. His poor playing, however, is a problem.

King Kawhi
06-10-2022, 10:59 PM
No its not like its basketball 24 hours a day. Think of it as just a hobby or playing videos games.

talkingconch
06-10-2022, 11:41 PM
its weird af

bitch focus on the game

they didn't have the option to do that back then...

It's just too easy nowadays.

ImKobe
06-10-2022, 11:58 PM
No its not like its basketball 24 hours a day. Think of it as just a hobby or playing videos games.

Yeah, it's weird people are talking about this to such an extent. We all know he signed with Turner and is going to be in the media for a long time after his playing career, there's nothing wrong with him having a short pod after a game.