PDA

View Full Version : Why does Curry get zero respect from the Refs'

coastalmarker99
06-10-2022, 12:56 AM
Steph Curry has the second most Finals games with 30+ points and 2 or fewer free throws.

context:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar — 3 Games
Steph Curry — 2 Games
8 Players Tied — 1 Game

Not discrediting the Celtics, but this was pretty insane to me.

The fact that it has only happened 13 times in NBA Finals history makes it even more noticeable.

coastalmarker99
06-10-2022, 12:59 AM
The fact that Smart is allowed to mug the **** out of curry and Curry gets called for the cheapest fouls is ****ing disgraceful.

This series is giving me 2016 flashbacks in which the Cavs were allowed to mug Curry off the ball while the Refs put him in foul trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVVKBIS0TM0

warriorfan
06-10-2022, 01:00 AM
The fact that Smart is allowed to mug the **** out of curry and Curry gets called for the cheapest fouls is ****ing disgraceful.

Game one there was this hilarious sequence where Smart had both hands all over Curry and then Curry jab stepped to step back and smart flew backwards flopping and they gave the foul to Curry. It was really insane.

warriorfan
06-10-2022, 01:02 AM

This series is giving me 2016 flashbacks in which the Cavs were allowed to mug Curry of the ball while the Refs put him in foul trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVVKBIS0TM0

This was really ridiculous as well.

To be honest they have to call it like this or Curry would destroy the league even harder.

It’s like how they changed the game to try to curb Wilt’s dominance back in the day.

coastalmarker99
06-10-2022, 01:04 AM
This was really ridiculous as well.

To be honest they have to call it like this or Curry would destroy the league even harder.

It’s like how they changed the game to try to curb Wilt’s dominance back in the day.

If Curry got treated fairly like every other superstar he would be averaging 10 free throws per game.

I don't blame him for getting pissed off when the Refs allow him to get mugged all the time which leads to him getting hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow_2s_TB-fE

Those two Al Horford plays in game 3 as well were incredibly dirty as well

tpols
06-10-2022, 01:22 AM
Honestly that's why I respect him a lot. Guys who bait and collect FTs are frauds. And there is a huge double standard where defenders can handcheck curry and then run him over on the other end and he gets called for a foul.

Its simply not fair basketball. They treat curry like the crack vs cocaine rules in the 80s and 90s where one is a prison sentence and the other for a white boy is a slap on the wrist.

coastalmarker99
06-10-2022, 01:30 AM
Honestly that's why I respect him a lot. Guys who bait and collect FTs are frauds. And there is a huge double standard where defenders can handcheck curry and then run him over on the other end and he gets called for a foul.

Its simply not fair basketball. They treat curry like the crack vs cocaine rules in the 80s and 90s where one is a prison sentence and the other for a white boy is a slap on the wrist.

I would like to see him get the whistle that Giannis gets just to see how much more unstoppable he would be.

Axe
06-10-2022, 02:06 AM
Because no 'insert coin'

TheGoatest
06-10-2022, 04:13 AM
You have no idea how much help he CONSTANTLY gets from the refs and has been getting for years:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KCtS4EfEMas

Uncalled violations like that actually help Curry more than uncalled travels/carries on other star scorers.

Bronbron23
06-10-2022, 10:04 AM
Steph Curry has the second most Finals games with 30+ points and 2 or fewer free throws.

context:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar — 3 Games
Steph Curry — 2 Games
8 Players Tied — 1 Game

Not discrediting the Celtics, but this was pretty insane to me.

The fact that it has only happened 13 times in NBA Finals history makes it even more noticeable.

Is this for real? Maybe it's because most of his shots are open from distance and defenders in his era are scared to death to even breath on a player because they get called for a foul.

And when curry does go inside it's usually a floater.

Wally450
06-10-2022, 12:12 PM
Those two Al Horford plays in game 3 as well were incredibly dirty as well

Lol, no they weren't. Shit happens in a scrum for a loose ball. You want to blame anyone, blame the refs for not calling a jump ball sooner. Should've been a Curry/Horford jump.

King Kawhi
06-10-2022, 11:04 PM
honestly don't know why. Curry is the only superstar I've seen that never gets any calls.

coastalmarker99
06-11-2022, 12:23 AM
Not sure if people know this but Curry is the least fouled player to have ever played the game by usage and shots taken.

As his foul rate is something like 6.1 and relative to his usage and shots taken that’s the lowest ever.

KD is about 12 for example. Harden about 14. Tatum is 13 I believe.

And for those saying he takes “threes” he actually leads the league in number of contested threes taken and in double teams on threes.

So, actually, this makes it even more interesting when you consider how often his space is crowded, maybe pushed/nudged, not just by one defender, but a full on double team.

I’ll say it again: it’s unprecedented in basketball history outside of Wilt.

And Curry rarely ever flops.

warriorfan
06-11-2022, 12:27 AM
No trolling. Curry is the modern day wilt chamberlain. He’s so dominant they have to literally change how the game is called and played to keep it competitive.