PDA

View Full Version : Real talk, does Curry surpass Hakeem and/or Kobe if he wins a title?

1987_Lakers
06-11-2022, 10:51 AM
???

coastalmarker99
06-11-2022, 10:53 AM
I will say no at the moment but the debate would definitely be interesting.

FultzNationRISE
06-11-2022, 11:02 AM
Going by eye test he certainly doesnt pass Hakeem, as far as Kobe I would I guess rank them as equals. Kobe plays hard but not smart, Steph plays smart but soft. The end result is a lot of Finals choking for both with a gem mixed in here or there.

tpols
06-11-2022, 11:04 AM
Curry already has more of pretty much every accolade than Hakeem and more superstar titles right now. He's already passed Hakeem.

And right now hes about tied with Kobe. Coin flip. If the dubs win? Id say he passes Kobe.

Curry has been the best player of the past 10 years by far.

Overdrive
06-11-2022, 11:06 AM
Honestly I don't know. People tend to glorify either the past or the moment. Back in '10 some people called Kobe top 5, most said he's top 8 and now lists have him out of the top 10 - several retired players overtaking him. Don't get me wrong. Idc if Kobe's top 5, 7, 12 or 25. It's just that you need the dust to settle a bit to have the general basketball public give an educated opinion on things.

I could see him to overtake either in the long run for revolutioning the game, but at the same time could see him staying below for having the more stacked team than either, less FMVPs and a less highlight friendly game. His 3pt shooting is crazy, but it doesn't matter if he puts up 3s in Jan against the Kings or in June vs the Celtics, it will always look the same. They come easier to him than anybody else in history, but they're not defining highlights. Hakeem shaking Robinson out of his shoes will live on forever.

Curry already has more of pretty much every accolade than Hakeem and more superstar titles right now. He's already passed Hakeem.

And right now hes about tied with Kobe. Coin flip. If the dubs win? Id say he passes Kobe.

Curry has no DPOY, Hakeem never played with a teammate on Durant's level. You could argue young Sampson was Klay's level, but that's about it. I can't really compare Drexler to any Curry teammate. Stylistically he was closest to Iggy, but sure more impactful, yet he lost a step and definately stardom joining Hakeem. Curry doesn't make the playoffs with the '94 Rockets, neither in '94 nor in 2022.

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 11:09 AM
Always hard to compare especially with an active player still playing some of their best ball in their career...

But, this level from Curry against a defense this good...a team that made Durant look shook...and a team that beat Giannis at the peak of his powers...he wins this series playing this good.

Absolutely a strong argument that Curry deserves ranking above those guys.

I rank a little differently than most, but in terms of the post Jordan era...he'd move to number 3 on my list behind only Lebron and Duncan...with a chance at passing Duncan depending on how the next 5 years go as Steph really needs more quality seasons for longevity.

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 11:10 AM

This is just so dumb. You don't even believe that.

Overdrive
06-11-2022, 11:13 AM
Always hard to compare especially with an active player still playing some of their best ball in their career...

But, this level from Curry against a defense this good...a team that made Durant look shook...and a team that beat Giannis at the peak of his powers...he wins this series playing this good.

Absolutely a strong argument that Curry deserves ranking above those guys.

I rank a little differently than most, but in terms of the post Jordan era...he'd move to number 3 on my list behind only Lebron and Duncan...with a chance at passing Duncan depending on how the next 5 years go as Steph really needs more quality seasons for longevity.

What does post Jordan mean? Players that won after Jordan or were drafted? I have a hard time measuring Curry against Shaq. League is so stylistically different, but they dominated the league in the same way, while stylistically being totally different.

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 11:15 AM
What does post Jordan mean? Players that won after Jordan or were drafted? I have a hard time measuring Curry against Shaq. League is so stylistically different, but they dominated the league in the same way, while stylistically being totally different.

Good question.

I was grouping Shaq in with the previous era more because he played so many years in the 90's.

I'd currently have Shaq over Curry...but if Curry pulls this off and has quality longevity...I bet I rank Curry ahead of him when it's all said and done.

Slim margins ranking these players as they are all fantastic and hard to account for circumstances as none of them are equal...but Curry dominating like this and winning...combined with expected longevity...

I really think people will be a little uneasy about where he deserves to be ranked if you were a skeptic. Without a doubt...just talking basketball...forgetting legacy or career value...his impact is enormous.

There is a solid argument he's the best offensive player in the history of the game.

FultzNationRISE
06-11-2022, 11:15 AM

Oh you DEFINITELY need to take a lil walk on over to my office.

Go ahead and take your drawers down and close the door.

Ill be over in a minute.

:crazysam:

tpols
06-11-2022, 11:18 AM
Honestly I don't know. People tend to glorify either the past or the moment. Back in '10 some people called Kobe top 5, most said he's top 8 and now lists have him out of the top 10 - several retired players overtaking him. Don't get me wrong. Idc if Kobe's top 5, 7, 12 or 25. It's just that you need the dust to settle a bit to have the general basketball public give an educated opinion on things.

I could see him to overtake either in the long run for revolutioning the game, but at the same time could see him staying below for having the more stacked team than either, less FMVPs and a less highlight friendly game. His 3pt shooting is crazy, but it doesn't matter if he puts up 3s in Jan against the Kings or in June vs the Celtics, it will always look the same. They come easier to him than anybody else in history, but they're not defining highlights. Hakeem shaking Robinson out of his shoes will live on forever.

Curry has no DPOY, Hakeem never played with a teammate on Durant's level. You could argue young Sampson was Klay's level, but that's about it. I can't really compare Drexler to any Curry teammate. Stylistically he was closest to Iggy, but sure more impactful, yet he lost a step and definately stardom joining Hakeem. Curry doesn't make the playoffs with the '94 Rockets, neither in '94 nor in 2022.

Hakeem has DPOY, Curry has more MVPS, the only UMVP in NBA history and more titles with superstar production. (most important thing)

Hakeem literally had a 2 year stretch that defined his entire career. Curry has been leading a dynasty for far longer. And he's done it without Durant so that excuse is dead and gone. 1995 Clyde was easily better than anybody outside Curry on this current warrior team.

People just have extreme nostalgia for Hakeem because he had a sexy offensive game. He didn't produce on Currys efficiency though. That's just a fact.

Overdrive
06-11-2022, 11:18 AM

Ill be over in a minute.

Pull out your calendar. I got to agree with you. How could Curry have been better than Lebron for the last 10 years?

tpols
06-11-2022, 11:19 AM

Ill be over in a minute.

:roll:

Shooter
06-11-2022, 11:20 AM

Ill be over in a minute.

Fultz ouchea taking whatever he wants.

Face down, ass up :dancin

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 11:20 AM
Hakeem has DPOY, Curry has more MVPS, the only UMVP in NBA history and more titles with superstar production. (most important thing)

Hakeem literally had a 2 year stretch that defined his entire career. Curry has been leading a dynasty for far longer. And he's done it without Durant so that excuse is dead and gone. 1995 Clyde was easily better than anybody outside Curry on this current warrior team.

People just have extreme nostalgia for Hakeem because he had a sexy offensive game. He didn't produce on Currys efficiency though. That's just a fact.

He's got to finish off this series though. That is how slim these margins are. I don't disagree a ton with what you say in this comp, but he's got to win this series to vault over Hakeem.

Also, what the **** are you talking about a 2 year stretch? Hakeem made the finals in his 2nd year while doing something like 27/12. Hakeem, in the playoffs, had a 10 year prime of something like 29/12/3 while playing elite all-time defense.

And this is coming from somewhat of a "Hakeem might be a little over-rated based on his numbers" guys in me...I have Duncan over Hakeem...but come on...2 year stretch non-sense.

Overdrive
06-11-2022, 11:21 AM

Lebron has more MVPs, an almost UMVP(1 vote missing), more FMVPs and at worst as many superstar production titles as Kobe. So Lebron >>> Kobe? You sure you wanna go down that road?

Shooter
06-11-2022, 11:21 AM
OP,

Finals MVP? Or just another 2015/2018 title?

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 11:22 AM
Lebron has more MVPs, an almost UMVP(1 vote missing), more FMVPs and at worst as many superstar production titles as Kobe. So Lebron >>> Kobe? You sure you wanna go down that road?

And Lebron has that all over Curry...and he just got done saying Curry is clearly better than Lebron.

:oldlol:

Hoopexpert
06-11-2022, 11:24 AM
He already surpassed akeem years ago.

Might be just as popular as Kobe. But if he gets his 5th ship? Then I think they are on even ground. Both above lebron.

Overdrive
06-11-2022, 11:25 AM
And Lebron has that all over Curry...and he just got done saying Curry is clearly better than Lebron.

I love logical fallacies from player stans, they'll always come to haunt them.

tpols
06-11-2022, 11:28 AM
Pull out your calendar. I got to agree with you. How could Curry have been better than Lebron for the last 10 years?

Wait... so its ok for LeBron to play with Dwayne Wade and Anthony Davis but Curry can't play with Durant? You re a warrior fan?

tpols
06-11-2022, 11:30 AM
He's got to finish off this series though. That is how slim these margins are. I don't disagree a ton with what you say in this comp, but he's got to win this series to vault over Hakeem.

Also, what the **** are you talking about a 2 year stretch? Hakeem made the finals in his 2nd year while doing something like 27/12. Hakeem, in the playoffs, had a 10 year prime of something like 29/12/3 while playing elite all-time defense.

And this is coming from somewhat of a "Hakeem might be a little over-rated based on his numbers" guys in me...I have Duncan over Hakeem...but come on...2 year stretch non-sense.

Yea and he was a 1st round bounce in every other year.

Everybody knows 1994 and 1995 were the crux of Hakeems legacy. Curry has been advancing further for longer. He won his 1st title with his 2nd option averaging 15 ppg on poor efficiency. I bet you didn't know that. Hakeems 2nd option did better than that.

8Ball
06-11-2022, 11:31 AM
I need Kenny's opinion on this.

8Ball
06-11-2022, 11:32 AM
Yes he surpasses Kobe and Hakeem.

But he kinda lacks longevity so it won't be apparent yet. But once he retires he will be cemented next to Larry Bird all time. Prolly top 7.

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 11:34 AM

Everybody knows 1994 and 1995 were the crux of Hakeems legacy. Curry has been advancing further for longer. He won his 1st title with his 2nd option averaging 15 ppg on poor efficiency. I bet you didn't know that. Hakeems 2nd option did better than that.

This is where those teammates come in and we've been over this so many times. No player is immune to that. Curry couldn't even make the playoffs last year playing great. Kobe missed the playoffs and got bounced in round 1 two seasons in a row...right in the heart of his prime.

Please stop with the "I bet you didn't know that" shit...

I love Curry...but the Hakeem shits needs to stop...and I'm in the Hakeem probably a tad over-rated camp.

End of the day...to actually pass a guy like Hakeem...Curry has to win this title.

Overdrive
Wait... so its ok for LeBron to play with Dwayne Wade and Anthony Davis but Curry can't play with Durant? You re a warrior fan?

I'm no fan at all. I have a team preference, but that doesn't matter in this context.

You're the one neglecting teammates. Hakeem won a title with Otis Thorpe being his 2nd best player. As said, Curry would neither make the playoffs with the '94 Rockets in '94 or 2022.

His impact is great beyond a doubt, but he needs a team that can feed off his playstyle.

I brought up Lebron, because the points you make for Curry just help Lebron the same way in the debate against Curry and Kobe - players you alway argue for. Not like Kobe didn't get 2 of his superstar production chips feeding off Shaq or Curry having a well run team, with great shooters, semi stars and championship caliber role players - not even speaking about Durant yet.

tpols

LeBron team hopped all over the league for his titles.

Kobe and Curry didn't. That's the point. LeBron would never win with just Pau or Klay. In everyone of his titles he had a teammate capable of 25-30 ppg ~ Wade, AD, and kyrie. And All NBA 3rd options like Bosh and Love. So you have to apply context.

Kobe and Curry were capable of winning with less because they don't play AAU is ball. Its checkers to chess.

SouBeachTalents
06-11-2022, 11:35 AM

Tpols wanted none of this smoke :lol

Overdrive
06-11-2022, 11:37 AM

So far '15 and '16 were Curry's career defining years. In '15 he had a well balanced team with a 6th man filling in, facing injury riddled teams in the playoffs. Imo he deserved that FMVP, but it wasn't a run in the same ballpark as Hakeem's '94.

RRR3
06-11-2022, 11:37 AM
How does tpols get brutally bullied every time he tries to talk basketball? Poor kid is severely mentally disabled.

Overdrive
06-11-2022, 11:38 AM
LeBron team hopped all over the league for his titles.

Kobe and Curry didn't. That's the point. LeBron would never win with just Pau or Klay. In everyone of his titles he had a teammate capable of 25-30 ppg ~ Wade, AD, and kyrie. And All NBA 3rd options like Bosh and Love. So you have to apply context.

Kobe and Curry were capable of winning with less because they don't play AAU is ball. Its checkers to chess.

You can't prove that. You can only use tangible things and not what ifs.

Rysio
06-11-2022, 11:46 AM
Hakeem maybe idk. he can only have more accomplishments than kobe to put him above on lists from what I seen he doesn't have that "it" like Kobe.

tpols
06-11-2022, 11:50 AM
So far '15 and '16 were Curry's career defining years. In '15 he had a well balanced team with a 6th man filling in, facing injury riddled teams in the playoffs. Imo he deserved that FMVP, but it wasn't a run in the same ballpark as Hakeem's '94.

Curry averaged superstar numbers in 2017 and 2018 on the way to titles and is currently putting up superstar performances right now in 2022. He went off in the 2019 Finals too but his whole team got hurt.

I can't believe you just tried to make it seem,like 2015 and 2016 were the only defining years for the best player on a dynasty team you're supposedly a fan of in order to counter the fact that Hakeem was largely irrelevant in the playoffs outside 1994 and 1995.

That is just.... blatant dishonesty. And a shame you don't give him credit for titles he produced at a superstar level in. Because he played with Durant when every player in the top 10 has played with a fellow superstar to win titles.

Magic had Kareem.
Kareem and Oscar and Magic.
Kobe had Shaq.
Shaq had Kobe and Wade.
Wilt had Jerry West and Elgin Baylor.
LeBron had Wade, AD and more.
And so on and so forth....

It is amazing the double standard surrounding Curry. Probably why he's playing so pissed off right now. Fake fans like yourself. And the media dogging him.

I heard Tracy mcgrady scrapping on him the other day. A guy who never made it out the 1st round.

:biggums:

Overdrive
06-11-2022, 11:56 AM
Curry averaged superstar numbers in 2017 and 2018 on the way to titles and is currently putting up superstar performances right now in 2022. He went off in the 2019 Finals too but his whole team got hurt.

I can't believe you just tried to make it seem,like 2015 and 2016 were the only defining years for the best player on a dynasty team you're supposedly a fan of in order to counter the fact that Hakeem was largely irrelevant in the playoffs outside 1994 and 1995.

That is just.... blatant dishonesty. And a shame you don't give him credit for titles he produced at a superstar level in. Because he played with Durant when every player in the top 10 has played with a fellow superstar to win titles.

Magic had Kareem.
Kareem and Oscar and Magic.
Kobe had Shaq.
Shaq had Kobe and Wade.
Wilt had Jerry West and Elgin Baylor.
LeBron had Wade, AD and more.
And so on and so forth....

It is amazing the dpyblebsyandard surrounding Curry. Probably why he's playing so posses off right now. Fake fans like yourself.

Where and when did I ever state I'm a GS fan?
Hakeem made the 1986 Finals on superstar numbers. If anyone is dishonest it's you.

You're bringing up Wade et al, while you neglect Durant. If Curry is above Hakeem for your reasons so is Lebron over Curry and Kobe. You can't eat the cake and keep it. Either apply your logic to all the plays or none, not the cases you see fit to suit your agenda.

1987_Lakers
06-11-2022, 12:02 PM
Where and when did I ever state I'm a GS fan?
Hakeem made the 1986 Finals on superstar numbers. If anyone is dishonest it's you.

You're bringing up Wade et al, while you neglect Durant. If Curry is above Hakeem for your reasons so is Lebron over Curry and Kobe. You can't eat the cake and keep it. Either apply your logic to all the plays or none, not the cases you see fit to suit your agenda.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/6rTQC2UiX9AOI/giphy.gif?cid=790b76110237febd2921ee8ce39fbc84aa39 1436292b8ed6&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

tpols
06-11-2022, 12:07 PM
I only brought up Wade and AD because you discounted currys titles with Durant.

My criteria for most important things when it comes to a players legacy is how much they can win putting up superstar production while taking into account help and competition.

LeBron never won with a 2nd option putting up 15-18 ppg in the Finals. He always needed more. Curry and Kobe and Hakeem didnt.

So you're the one that needs to check your logic. You basically said titles with Durant don't count while every other all time great pretty much has won titles with superstar teammates.

Your double standard had to be checked my friend.

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 12:09 PM

My criteria for most important things when it comes to a players legacy is how much they can win putting up superstar production while taking into account help and competition.

LeBron never won with a 2nd option putting up 15-18 ppg in the Finals. He always needed more. Curry and Kobe and Hakeem didnt.

So you're the one that needs to check your logic. You basically said titles with Durant don't count while every other all time great pretty much has won titles with superstar teammates.

Why don't you do the bold with Hakeem?

And you are creating artificial criteria that makes no sense. Wade in the 13 playoffs and finals was nowhere near the caliber of player he was at his peak / prime. Pau Gasol in 09 and 10 was a better player than 13 Wade was in the playoffs.

13 Wade in playoffs...

16/5/5 50% TS...LOL

09 / 10 Gasol in playoffs...

19/11/3 61% TS...LOL

Lebron's 13 ring is every bit as impressive...if not more...than the rings you are getting all excited about from Curry / Kobe. 13 Spurs probably the best team in that group in terms of competition as well.

tpols
06-11-2022, 12:17 PM

I do. His 1994 title was amazing. In 1995 he had Clyde Drexler playing out of his mind,in the playoffs. A top 5 all time SG. Way better than Klay, who averaged 15 on poor shooting in the warriors 1st title. Were the Cavs a 1 man band offensively in those Finals? Sure. But the Knicks really didn't have any true star outside Pat Ewing either in 1994. Unless you count john starks shooting like shit a star.

Overall Curry has simply led a dynastic team for far longer than Hakeem did. He's the ultimate engine and intangible perfect player to either get the most out of decent talent, or just totally blow the lid off if you give him a superstar like Durant.

But there's a double standard where Currys rings don't count when playing with another superstar but everybody else's do.

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 12:18 PM
I do. His 1994 title was amazing. In 1995 he had Clyde Drexler playing out of his mind,in the playoffs. A top 5 all time SG. Way better than Klay, who averaged 15 on poor shooting in the warriors 1st title. Were the Cavs a 1 man band offensively in those Finals? Sure. But the Knicks really didn't have any true star outside Pat Ewing either in 1994. Unless you count john starks shooting like shit a star.

Overall Curry has simply led a dynastic team for far longer than Hakeem did. He's the ultimate engine and intangible perfect player to either get the most out of decent talent, or just totally blow the lid off if you give him a superstar like Durant.

But there's a double standard where his rings don't count when playing with another superstar but everybody else's do.

No, you went on and on about him not being relevant in the playoffs...why was that?

It is like using the terrible argument that Curry couldn't make the playoffs last year against him. I'll use it here...just to show you that no player is immune from circumstances.

Also, take a look at the post above...Gasol in 09 and 10 was a better player than Wade was in 13 in the playoffs. Your argument doesn't make sense.

SouBeachTalents
06-11-2022, 12:18 PM

And you are creating artificial criteria that makes no sense. Wade in the 13 playoffs and finals was nowhere near the caliber of player he was at his peak / prime. Pau Gasol in 09 and 10 was a better player than 13 Wade was in the playoffs.

13 Wade in playoffs...

16/5/5 50% TS...LOL

09 / 10 Gasol in playoffs...

19/11/3 61% TS...LOL

Lebron's 13 ring is every bit as impressive...if not more...than the rings you are getting all excited about from Curry / Kobe. 13 Spurs probably the best team in that group in terms of competition as well.
The 2013 title is an inconvenient truth for his narrative :lol

And the way he overrates Drexler’s ‘95 title run is laughable.

1987_Lakers
06-11-2022, 12:19 PM

But there's a double standard where Currys rings don't count when playing with another superstar but everybody else's do.
He was also better than '13 Wade.

Im Still Ballin
06-11-2022, 12:25 PM

Ill be over in a minute.

Not being a hater but you flat-out stole this sodomizing gimmick from me back in 2014-2015. Carry on... (Big Perk voice)

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 12:39 PM
The 2013 title is an inconvenient truth for his narrative :lol

And the way he overrates Drexler’s ‘95 title run is laughable.

Imagine arguing that 09 is a more impressive title for Kobe than 13 was for Lebron. Straight up moron.

Im Still Ballin
06-11-2022, 12:42 PM

Come on, bro! 15-18 PPG in the Finals? Arbitrary!

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 12:46 PM

He did that because in his ****ed up delusional world...somehow Kobe's 09 title is as impressive as Lebron's in 13.

Kobe had more help and play weaker competition.

SouBeachTalents
06-11-2022, 12:48 PM
When you have to get THAT arbitrary, you know your argument is bullshit :lol

tpols
06-11-2022, 01:07 PM
He did that because in his ****ed up delusional world...somehow Kobe's 09 title is as impressive as Lebron's in 13.

Kobe had more help and play weaker competition.

Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh are worse than Pau and Odom? Worse competition? Kobe beat the same team that smoked Lebrons 66 win Cavs squad.

What are you smoking? Did you know Wade and Lebron had a negative +/- in the Finals together in 2013? This brings us,back to the chemistry and teamwork aspect.

Wade is better than Pau. Dont be a moron and disagree with that. Wade in the 2013 Finals averaged more than Pau did in 2009 or 2010. He averaged 20 against the spurs that year. Despite horrible chemistry.

Say it with me. Dwayne Wade is better than Pau Gasol. I'm about to have you writing this shit on a chalkboard like Bart Simpson.

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Screen-Shot-2020-07-10-at-6.29.03-pm-76d7.png

YES. winning with pau or klay is more impressive than winning with wade barely by the skin of your teeth and a ray Allen miracle shot away from losing.

Klay is not Wade. Pau is not AD.

Curry and Kobe proved they can win without superstar talent. Hakeem did as well. Lebron hasn't. Point blank.

FultzNationRISE
06-11-2022, 01:10 PM
Not being a hater but you flat-out stole this sodomizing gimmick from me back in 2014-2015. Carry on... (Big Perk voice)

I genuinely have no memory of that gimmick nor any clue what youre talking about :lol

You invented ass rape jokes?? I thought that was like, universal.

In any case Im not doing a full time shtick with it, I just made a joke. I‘m pretty sure you havent got exclusive domain over material about people getting their shit pushed.

Your accusations would not convince a jury of our peers to find in your favor. I maintain my innocence and am confident in a full acquittal.

Youre a funny guy. Youve influenced me and Ive influenced you. We’ve both influenced Shogon into residing at a sanitarium. Let’s keep it friendly, and productive, ok ISB? Dont EVER talk out of pocket about me like that again.

EVER.

Or else you know whats gonna happen??

I will come up from behind and pin you against a wall, you feel my icy cold hands run down your spine onto your bum. I grab both cheeks, palming them like balls, as I spread them revealing your asshole. I then whip out my anaconda and forcefully enter your rectum. You scream in agony as I tear you anus to shreds.

rmt
06-11-2022, 01:16 PM
This thread is premature - how can one judge when there at least 2 more games to go? Other than the series is still up in the air, we don't know how Curry or his team mates will perform in the remaining games. But Curry has carried them so far - consistent, excellent play and should be a wrap for FMVP if GSW wins.

FultzNationRISE
06-11-2022, 01:20 PM
This thread is premature - how can one judge when there at least 2 more games to go? Other than the series is still up in the air, we don't know how Curry or his team mates will perform in the remaining games. But Curry has carried them so far - consistent, excellent play and should be a wrap for FMVP if GSW wins.

Well thats message boards in a nutshell. Everything is prisoner of the moment.

Just gotta roll with it.

John8204
06-11-2022, 01:20 PM
So the argument is 4 rings, 20K pts, 1 FMVP, 4-2 Finals record 2 MVP's 8 All-Star Appear. 8 All NBA spots 2 Scoring titles

Kobe Bryant
5 Rings
2 FMVP
1 MVP
30K points
18 All-Star appearences
15 All- NBA selections
12 All-Defense
2 Scoring Titles

Hakeem
2 Rings
2 FMVP's
1 MVP
26K points
12 All-Star selections
12 All-NBA selections
9 All-Defense
14th All-Time in Rebounds

I don't see it this year...he's maybe 4-5 years away for this discussion and his defensive play is always going to hurt him

1987_Lakers
06-11-2022, 01:23 PM
Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh are worse than Pau and Odom? Worse competition? Kobe beat the same team that smoked Lebrons 66 win Cavs squad.

I wasn't aware Kobe beat that team in 2009, which is the year he is referring to. And '09 Pau shits on '13 Wade.

Im Still Ballin
06-11-2022, 01:23 PM
I genuinely have no memory of that gimmick nor any clue what youre talking about :lol

You invented ass rape jokes?? I thought that was like, universal.

In any case Im not doing a full time shtick with it, I just made a joke. I‘m pretty sure you havent got exclusive domain over material about people getting their shit pushed.

Your accusations would not convince a jury of our peers to find in your favor. I maintain my innocence and am confident in a full acquittal.

Youre a funny guy. Youve influenced me and Ive influenced you. We’ve both influenced Shogon into residing at a sanitarium. Let’s keep it friendly, and productive, ok ISB? Dont EVER talk out of pocket about me like that again.

EVER.

Or else you know whats gonna happen??

I will come up from behind and pin you against a wall, you feel my icy cold hands run down your spine onto your bum. I grab both cheeks, palming them like balls, as I spread them revealing your asshole. I then whip out my anaconda and forcefully enter your rectum. You scream in agony as I tear you anus to shreds.

:roll:

Fair-e-nuff, my e-ga.

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 01:24 PM

What are you smoking? Did you know Wade and Lebron had a negative +/- in the Finals together in 2013? This brings us,back to the chemistry and teamwork aspect.

Wade is better than Pau. Dont be a moron and disagree with that. Wade in the 2013 Finals averaged more than Pau did in 2009 or 2010. He averaged 20 against the spurs that year. Despite horrible chemistry.

Say it with me. Dwayne Wade is better than Pau Gasol. I'm about to have you writing this shit on a chalkboard like Bart Simpson.

https://metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Screen-Shot-2020-07-10-at-6.29.03-pm-76d7.png

YES. winning with pau or klay is more impressive than winning with wade barely by the skin of your teeth and a ray Allen miracle shot away from losing.

Klay is not Wade. Pau is not AD.

Curry and Kobe proved they can win without superstar talent. Hakeem did as well. Lebron hasn't. Point blank.

I'll say this again...

09/10 Pau was better than 13 Wade in the playoffs...by any reasonable standard.

Yes, the 13 Spurs are tougher competition than the 09 Magic.

Take the L

SouBeachTalents
06-11-2022, 01:29 PM
I'll say this again...

Take the L
But Wade averaged 1 more ppg in one series on much worse efficiency. That obv supersedes every other advantage Pau has.

Im Still Ballin
06-11-2022, 01:30 PM
Rating and comparing individual players in a team game is difficult. People are so focused on sidekicks and second options while neglecting the rest of the team. So many goddamn variables that influence and affect the results. Makes my head dizzy thinking about how to accurately assess individuals in a team game.

tpols
06-11-2022, 01:38 PM
I'll say this again...

Take the L

Wade and LeBron were a horrible fit. They were expected to be a not 4, not 5, not 6 dynasty and they had a losing record in the Finals together.

In their last playoff run the spurs beat them by the ALL TIME point differential disparity in Finals history. Old ass Spurs did that.

Pau and Kobe were like peanut butter and jelly. They fit incredibly. Wade and LeBron were like mustard and sardines. They literally had a negative +/- on the court together in the 2013 finals.

Do you get that fit impacts production? Wade is way better than Pau.

You look like a fool not admitting that. I need to get you some chalk.

DMAVS41
06-11-2022, 01:45 PM
Wade and LeBron were a horrible fit. They were expected to be a not 4, not 5, not 6 dynasty and they had a losing record in the Finals together.

In their last playoff run the spurs beat them by the ALL TIME point differential disparity in Finals history. Old ass Spurs did that.

Pau and Kobe were like peanut butter and jelly. They fit incredibly. Wade and LeBron were like mustard and sardines. They literally had a negative +/- on the court together in the 2013 finals.

Do you get that fit impacts production? Wade is way better than Pau.

You look like a fool not admitting that. I need to get you some chalk.

None of that changes (even though most is wrong) the fact that Wade was not his normal self from 11 and 12 in the 13 playoffs...he had a whole host of injuries in the 13 playoffs.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1743142-timeline-of-dwyane-wades-lengthy-injury-history#:~:text=A%20bone%20bruise%20in%20his,next% 20time%20will%20be%20different.

Just admit you forgot how much Wade struggled in the 13 playoffs...

Wade averaged 24/6/4 55% TS in the 11 and 12 playoffs...

In 13 he averaged 16/5/5 sub 50% TS....

Again, your arguments do not make sense...he was clearly a lesser player and it was due to injuries...hell, in the regular season that year...the best version of the Heat when healthy...Wade averaged 21/5/5 57% TS.

You just don't live in reality.

Take the L

Gohan
06-11-2022, 02:49 PM
Tpols bodybagging nikkas in this thread. Sad thing to see i thought these curry haters were better than that. Btw iverson> hakeem. Kobe>all

Carbine
06-11-2022, 03:33 PM
How can anyone say Curry has an argument for GOAT offensive player?

He has had far too many ordinary series (by the goat standards) to be given that type of title. It's disrespectful to Jordan and what he did in the regular season and more importantly the post season.

Im Still Ballin
06-11-2022, 03:58 PM
How can anyone say Curry has an argument for GOAT offensive player?

He has had far too many ordinary series (by the goat standards) to be given that type of title. It's disrespectful to Jordan and what he did in the regular season and more importantly the post season.

Gravity: a Stephen Curry Story. How one man warped the time-space continuum and got his teammates easy shots.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-11-2022, 04:18 PM
Gravity: a Stephen Curry Story. How one man warped the time-space continuum and got his teammates easy shots.

I still think Mike's a better offensive player, but don't believe its 'disrespectful' to put Steph in that tier.

And I'm a Jordan fan.

Like you said, Curry gets INSANE defensive coverage...which in turn creates gravity. His efficiency is off the charts too.