PDA

View Full Version : How many more years until you think LeBron retires?

Im Still Ballin
06-12-2022, 06:43 PM
I'm thinking 7 more years. He'll be 44 going on 45. 2003-2029.

8Ball
06-12-2022, 06:47 PM
3 years.

Next season Lakers while his kid is a senior in high school.
1 season with whatever team while his son is in college.
1 season with his son.

Functionally I think the season after next is probably going to be his Michael Jordan Wizards years.

Shooter
06-12-2022, 06:48 PM
I think it depends on a few factors:

• Is he willing to come off the bench at some point
• Does he really want to rub in against the shortgevity Mikey Jordan fans and truly push every record out of reach
• Does he finally get a decent team and not brittle bitch AD as a #2

plowking
06-12-2022, 06:50 PM
I think he falls off considerably next season. He'll be down in the 23ppg range, and he won't look any better the seasons after.

Im Still Ballin
06-12-2022, 06:54 PM
I think he falls off considerably next season. He'll be down in the 23ppg range, and he won't look any better the seasons after.

I don't know man: he just put up 30.3 PPG on 61.9% TS and 59% eFG. He is slowing down but he's still athletic, skilled, and very strong.

Shooter
06-12-2022, 06:55 PM

He really needs to play fewer minutes with all his mileage. Like how TF did he drop 30.3 a game in szn 19 :lol

He was at 37.4 mpg last season. Good for #2 in the league. Insane.

Axe
06-12-2022, 06:58 PM
7 years? That's not realistic, Mr. Woke. 2-3 years at the most.

Round Mound
06-12-2022, 07:06 PM
5 years. At age 42

Baller789
06-12-2022, 09:39 PM
He'd still be decent at 40 offensively.

Unless his achilles decides to pop that is.

But his days as a contender are behind him.

coin24
06-13-2022, 01:17 AM
He will hang around like a bad smell and anchor whatever team he’s on.. will be lucky to sniff the playoffs ever again.

Imagine ruining your sons rookie season experience by having his dad on the team:lol
Cringe loser

Hoopexpert
06-13-2022, 03:56 AM
After playing with his son for one season.

John8204
06-13-2022, 06:40 AM
I think he'll play for another six seasons, I think his goal is 25 seasons which would give him the record. The fact that he's in year 19 and he's still not in decline to me is a pretty good sign that he physically can maintain top level performances into his 40's. Bronny Jr. and Bryce are both pretty good prospects...Bryce is 6'4 at 14 so he might end up as a 7 footer

Phoenix
06-13-2022, 07:48 AM
I think he'll play long enough to see if Bronny makes the jump. Once this contract ends I'm sure he'll take one year contracts and see how it goes. If the team he's on isn't competing for a title, I don't see much reason for him to hang around into his 40s unless he just wants to further extend whatever records he has. And I imagine he'd rather just go right into full-time mongul vs playing just for counting numbers after a certain point.

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2022, 08:31 AM
5 probably.

There is an athletic age shift.

Look at Brady, Rafa, Djokovic, Boll, same goes for LeBron...

new standards.

PeroAntic
06-13-2022, 09:30 AM
5 probably.

There is an athletic age shift.

Look at Brady, Rafa, Djokovic, Boll, same goes for LeBron...

new standards.

Ibrahimovic, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema... Its crazy how in a few years the upper age limit to being elite has been pushed so much. Its truly an insane era for training, medicine and nutrition.

The problem is the more Lebron plays, the worse his legacy becomes. He will still reasonably fill the boxscore and his efficiency will be good because he looks after that so much, but hes not a winning player anymore.

He can play for five more years at an almost all star level but I think he will quit in two to protect his legacy and to focus on other busnesses. I think he has become complacent as well and he will recognize that soon.

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2022, 09:36 AM
Ibrahimovic, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema... Its crazy how in a few years the upper age limit to being elite has been pushed so much. Its truly an insane era for training, medicine and nutrition.

The problem is the more Lebron plays, the worse his legacy becomes. He will still reasonably fill the boxscore and his efficiency will be good because he looks after that so much, but hes not a winning player anymore.

He can play for five more years at an almost all star level but I think he will quit in two to protect his legacy and to focus on other busnesses. I think he has become complacent as well and he will recognize that soon.

what are you talking about? :oldlol:

the more elite years he adds at ages players never have before and his totals continue skyrocketing, the worse his legacy becomes?

8Ball
06-13-2022, 10:10 AM

I'll agree with this is you agree that Jordan's legacy was destroyed by playing for the Wizards when he didn't make any all-nba teams. Lebron has made All-nba teams the last 18 straight years.

Have to be fair.

Axe
06-13-2022, 11:24 AM
I'll agree with this is you agree that Jordan's legacy was destroyed by playing for the Wizards when he didn't make any all-nba teams. Lebron has made All-nba teams the last 18 straight years.

Have to be fair.
He never even led that team to the playoffs when he once played for the worst eastern conference at the time lmao.

PeroAntic
06-13-2022, 11:29 AM
what are you talking about? :oldlol:

the more elite years he adds at ages players never have before and his totals continue skyrocketing, the worse his legacy becomes?

His totals rising does nothing for his legacy. Its a diminishing/marginal return. You can already see he is not a winning player anymore and he is just gonna get worse.

PeroAntic
06-13-2022, 11:38 AM

Have to be fair.

Here come the Bronies with their Jordan complex. :roll:

Jordan was playing for fun at a terrible franchise and team, after already retiring twice and winning everything you can possibly win. Meanwhile Lebron still calls up half the league's stars every summer looking to collude for the next superteam. And still his chances to ever win another ring are microscopic. He keeps being LeGM for a few more years like the last one, his legacy will be worse. If he's gonna mentor young players and just play for the love of the game with no collusions and statpadding, then maybe it will be better, but still insignificantly.

dankok8
06-13-2022, 01:57 PM
If I had to guess I'd say 5 more seasons...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-13-2022, 02:05 PM
Whenever Lebron's son makes the league...will probably be his last year.

Assuming he would have the all-time scoring record.

FultzNationRISE
06-13-2022, 02:18 PM

I suspect the most significant yet least mentioned reason for athletes playing longer now is the sheer financial incentive.

If youre 35 in the 1980s, constant travel and constant physical grind probably has a lot less appeal if you can make nearly as much just switching to an office job and maybe doing a few personal appearances and memorabilia auctions.

Nowadays every extra year you play banks another 50 million bucks, the money is insane. I suspect thats the biggest reason guys stick around longer, even moreso than training and nutrition improvements.