PDA

View Full Version : Richard Jefferson lists the champions that had 1 main scorer like Curry's Warriors

3ba11
06-13-2022, 06:03 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QWqYWXz3N6g&pp=QAFIAQ%3D%3D&t=23m33s

Unfortunately for Lebron fans, he lacks the elite jumpshooting skill to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load in Finals)

In addition to never carrying the scoring load in the Finals (never defeating maximum defensive attention), Lebron's can't carry bed-wetting sidekicks over top 5 SRS teams (no carry-jobs against good teams) because his high scoring lacks sufficient brand of ball to beat good teams - see the 09' ECF.. He needs juggernaut scoring help to balance his ball-dominance.

GrayGoat
06-13-2022, 06:16 PM
Curry isn’t facing maximum defensive attention. If you watched the game you would know this

AlternativeAcc.
06-13-2022, 06:53 PM
Curry isn’t facing maximum defensive attention. If you watched the game you would know this

This

Having 3 teammates who shoot > 36% from 3 and can drop 39 any given night is much more dangerous than 1 other elite scooter and a bunch of scrubs

Curry faces miminum defensive attention aka 1v1 vs Derrick white and illegal screene with old man horford on the switches... nobody is impressed

Nowitness
06-14-2022, 07:25 AM
Tim Duncan 2003.

TheGoatest
06-14-2022, 07:44 AM
Curry has not one, not two, but three teammates who average a higher ppg these playoffs than Wade's 15.9 from the 2013 playoffs.
Only two more teammates than jordon's lowest ever #2 playoff scoring teammate though. :oldlol:

ILLsmak
06-14-2022, 07:55 AM
He's one of the greats, but to say the system is set up for one scorer is poor poor troll. It's set up for a bunch of scorers. Curry can't dribble HAHA. I dunno if I have posted this online, but I realized it awhile ago watching people pressure him. He can catch and shoot, he can dribble when you are in certain spots, but once you get in the right pocket, he can't handle anymore. That's a pretty big weakness for an ATG even tho great shooting is huge, if he gets pressured well on a play that isn't an illegal pick and roll (bear hug pick), he isn't gonna be able to get good shots off at the end. I give Curry credit for driving and finishing when he gets really pressured, tho. But he's not getting any 3s or shots and probably isn't scoring well. I think this might be the reason he gets exposed in finals often. He needs his off the catch OR on an iso that the defender is closing out. He can't just be like clear me out and get a shot off on a decent defender over and over. That's the difference between... I mean be real even Bron for all his 'beta mindset' can do that, too. So sorry, Curry.

Edit: this is the kind of space Curry needs to consistently sauce someone. https://youtu.be/bBHj1djGMxU?t=38

-Smak

Axe
06-14-2022, 08:21 AM
Curry has not one, not two, but three teammates who average a higher ppg these playoffs than Wade's 15.9 from the 2013 playoffs.
Only two more teammates than jordon's lowest ever #2 playoff scoring teammate though. :oldlol:
Meltdown.

Akeem34TheDream
06-14-2022, 09:05 AM
OP you should trademark "facing maximum defensive attention".

Shooter
06-14-2022, 09:33 AM
# of times led your team in Finals Scoring

1. LeBron = 9x
2. Jordan = 6x
3. Shaq = 5x
4. Kareem = 5x
4. Jerry West =5x
6. Duncan = 4x

7. Hakeem 3x
7. Kobe = 3x
7. Durant = 3x
7. Curry = 3x
7. Heinsohn = 3x
7. Baylor = 3x
7. Sam Jones = 3x

Curry has a real chance to separate himself from many all time greats and get his 4th. Big if he can do it.