PDA

View Full Version : Harrell apparently….ain’t that far removed. Caught with 3 pounds and facing a felony.

Kblaze8855
06-14-2022, 09:20 AM
According to the report, Harrell was pulled over on I-75 for following the car in front of him too closely. Trooper Jesse Owens indicated he smelled marijuana coming from Harrell’s car after pulling him over. The Hornets player admitted to having the drug in his possession and “produced a small amount” of marijuana from his sweatpants. Police searched the rest of Harrell’s vehicle and discovered a large quantity of marijuana, reportedly around three pounds, in sealed baggies in his trunk, per the police report.

The Charlotte Observer indicates that Harrell was charged with trafficking less than five pounds of marijuana. That crime is considered a Class D Felony under Kentucky state law and is punishable by 1-5 years in prison along with a fine ranging from $1,000-$10,000.Harrell is set to hit unrestricted free agency this offseason after spending the 2021-22 NBA season with the Charlotte Hornets, who acquired him at the trade deadline (https://clutchpoints.com/hornets-news-montrezl-harrell-spills-truth-on-fit-with-lamelo-ball/) in a deal with the Washington Wizards (https://clutchpoints.com/sports/nba/washington-wizards/). He made $9.73 million last season according to Spotrac, and has pocketed a total of $34.1 million throughout his career in the league.

3 pounds in the car? That’s that:

https://youtu.be/2TW6pg6sBfo

“Had them quarter pounders. I ain’t talking burgers. Mid in the freezer right next to that carton of sherbert.” charge.

Possibly personal use like when Randolph got busted and created one of the famous “Max is blacker than Stephen A” clips

https://youtu.be/B0-xWPFA_dc

But who knows.

I know one thing though…if he was moving it for business reasons he’s a ****ing moron. The boss doesn’t ride with 3 pounds in the car. And in the trunk?

We used to put shit under the hub cap now and then and even that wasn’t ideal. And no cop pops off your hub caps during a search. The dog will find it so you just consent to the search so the dog isn’t called and let him search it himself. Won’t find shit. He’s definitely finding it in the trunk.

The stupidity of it makes me believe it’s personal use. A pro would generally have a better plan. You’re a millionaire. Have someone else drive it around if it’s a business. Probably just stocking up. I remember the guy who got embedded with the Nets talking about how much weed they all smoked. But KD did it right. His driver/security kept it. Won’t catch the slim reaper getting a distribution charge and I bet he has a QP of everything.

Its wild the time you still face for weed in this country. And I don’t even say that as a smoker. I’m almost never even around weed these days. But it’s such a “So what….”.

Last time I was in Key West a guy with a cbd stand sold my friend a fat blunt already rolled in a rose petal of all things and he smoked it(poorly…turns out rose petals burn like shit) walking the street at like 5pm.

And people still in jail for decades. Not that I feel THAT sorry for this particular situation. This was either stupidity or laziness and I assume he will beat enough of it to not really ruin his life. More of a lesson. The Don doesn’t wear short pants and the Don doesn’t drive the drugs around himself. But it’s a stupid lesson to learn this way. Watch a damn movie. He’s old enough to know the Ten Crack Commandments

https://youtu.be/ZYb_8MM1tGQ

Sounds like he broke number 5 and number 8. His fault.

tpols
06-14-2022, 09:25 AM
Its crazy how different laws are in different states. I can literally walk into a store right now and buy 500 dollars worth of MJ products and its 100% legal.

TheGoatest
06-14-2022, 09:26 AM
Hopefully he isn't as defensively undersized in court as he is on it.

Shooter
06-14-2022, 09:28 AM
Marijuana laws differ by state greatly.

Some states are fully legal and some are fully illegal. Kentucky is one of those and Harrell is a fu**ing idiot. He thought he was still in L.A./Cali.

Either way, transportation rules are even more strict than possesion so that farms aren't transporting their own stuff without using proper chain of command supply chains to move product around the state.

Akeem34TheDream
06-14-2022, 09:38 AM
Hopefully he isn't as defensively undersized in court as he is on it.

Poetic

HylianNightmare
06-14-2022, 09:52 AM
Stupid it's a crime. Stupid he had it on him

Kblaze8855
06-14-2022, 09:53 AM
Its crazy how different laws are in different states. I can literally walk into a store right now and buy 500 dollars worth of MJ products and its 100% legal.

And even some places where it’s legal recreationally like Virginia…it’s still illegal to sell and they don’t have any legal recreational dispensaries.

Kblaze8855
06-14-2022, 09:54 AM
Stupid it's a crime. Stupid he had it on him

Yes both those things can be true.

stephen a. smith unlikeable again

you can't break the law just because it's stupid

says every government ever

Shogon
06-14-2022, 10:13 AM

But it's not 100% legal regardless of state law and regardless of how everyone is operating and acting, it's just that the feds aren't actively enforcing it.

Anyways... what a stupid set of laws. And what a stupid action by Harrell as well.

Kblaze8855
06-14-2022, 10:40 AM
It’s a weird situation where government insists on a law the majority doesn’t want. But like Stephen A said it’s still a stupid risk to break it in some situations. Max kinda served him though. One reason Stephen A fired him was not wanting well made nuanced arguments. He wanted a debate show. He said as much on some interviews I saw. He didn’t like how max would take it past the face value and make it a discussion and not a fight.

tpols
06-14-2022, 10:40 AM
But it's not 100% legal regardless of state law and regardless of how everyone is operating and acting, it's just that the feds aren't actively enforcing it.

Anyways... what a stupid set of laws. And what a stupid action by Harrell as well.

Feds don't have the resources to enforce it. You should see the lines at some of these places. Plus they only go after big fish.

It is crazy that an ounce is like 450 dollars at a shop but on the street its only 200.

Im Still Ballin
06-14-2022, 10:50 AM
Harrell's social media posts are always dramatic. He seems like a histrionic personality; this doesn't surprise me.

It’s a weird situation where government insists on a law the majority doesn’t want. But like Stephen A said it’s still a stupid risk to break it in some situations. Max kinda served him though. One reason Stephen A fired him was not wanting well made nuanced arguments. He wanted a debate show. He said as much on some interviews I saw. He didn’t like how max would take it past the face value and make it a discussion and not a fight.

wouldn't surprise me if true

the media like schools like a lot of things are not really about education but control or entertainment

hence people learn and accept majority rule despite it being a meaningless abstraction yanked out of the void

Shogon
06-14-2022, 11:16 AM
It’s a weird situation where government insists on a law the majority doesn’t want.

Is it really that weird? Government does not represent the people. They represent themselves. Government probably has some minimal role in our lives that is needed but we have long since passed that. Governments are essentially religion. Absolutely must have that power structure or people lose their minds. The concept of self sovereignty is something people struggle with.

Johnny32
06-14-2022, 12:12 PM
3 lbs is a lot for personal use. especially with how easy it is to get now why stock up that much.

Kblaze8855
06-14-2022, 12:13 PM
Yes I would say it’s weird even without being surprising at all. People can be staunchly against the idea of a powerful government going against the will of the people but when it comes down to true democracy people are not in favor of it. They are in favor of getting their way.

The right might use the fact that every segment of America would vote to lower their taxes to suggest the will of the people is lower taxes and therefore they should be lowered but then turn around and be the reason marijuana stays illegal against the vast majority of the population‘s opinion. And they certainly don’t care that the majority want stronger gun laws. At the same time the left will tell you Americans want stronger gun control and therefore must have it while ignoring that most Americans will say drill the **** outta whatever beautiful environment you have to if it gets us cheap energy.

True democracy is used by politicians to make points not to make policy if it goes against the people lining their pockets or siding with their personal feelings.

In the end people are only against the injustice of minority rule when the minority doesn’t agree with them.

Shogon
06-14-2022, 12:31 PM
Yes I would say it’s weird even without being surprising at all. People can be staunchly against the idea of a powerful government going against the will of the people but when it comes down to true democracy people are not in favor of it. They are in favor of getting their way.

The right might use the fact that every segment of America would vote to lower their taxes to suggest the will of the people is lower taxes and therefore they should be lowered but then turn around and be the reason marijuana stays illegal against the vast majority of the population‘s opinion. And they certainly don’t care that the majority want stronger gun laws. At the same time the left will tell you Americans want stronger gun control and therefore must have it while ignoring that most Americans will say drill the **** outta whatever beautiful environment you have to if it gets us cheap energy.

True democracy is used by politicians to make points not to make policy if it goes against the people lining their pockets or siding with their personal feelings.

In the end people are only against the injustice of minority rule when the minority doesn’t agree with them.

Ok but you just helped support my point.

It's not weird. It's expected. Government officials represent themselves.

The amount of politicians that actually care about our will and want to represent the people is... probably minimal at best. Most of them are there for self enrichment or increasing their personal power and influence and it blows my mind that people think otherwise.

Anyone honestly believe Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell care about the American people? lul.

It's not weird. It's 'normal' and it's expected.

I agree with you people don't want democracy. They want their way. Everyone is selfish. It's innate in human beings. All actions 100% of the time are out of selfishness.

tpols
06-14-2022, 12:47 PM
3 lbs is a lot for personal use. especially with how easy it is to get now why stock up that much.

There's roughly 1500 grams of weed in a 3lb bag. That's enough to get high every day all day for over 4 years.

Shooter
06-14-2022, 12:54 PM
There's roughly 1500 grams of weed in a 3lb bag. That's enough to get high every day all day for over 4 years.

1360.776 grams

the world doesn't seem ready for altruistic egoism

tpols
06-14-2022, 04:34 PM
1360.776 grams

Shit now I'm trying to remember the biggie song where he said he only got 999 grams you're 1 gram short. :facepalm

FultzNationRISE
06-14-2022, 05:04 PM
Ok but you just helped support my point.

It's not weird. It's expected. Government officials represent themselves.

The amount of politicians that actually care about our will and want to represent the people is... probably minimal at best. Most of them are there for self enrichment or increasing their personal power and influence and it blows my mind that people think otherwise.

Anyone honestly believe Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell care about the American people? lul.

It's not weird. It's 'normal' and it's expected.

I agree with you people don't want democracy. They want their way. Everyone is selfish. It's innate in human beings. All actions 100% of the time are out of selfishness.

Yeah. Only thing that's weird - which is I assume is the aspect being referced - is WHY it's still illegal in some places even though very few people probably oppose it.

Like, what's in it for the politicians/lobbyists holding out on this particular issue? I don't think even Republicans can use marijuana as a wedge issue for political leverage these days. At least I haven't heard any attempt to in years.

Obviously there is *a* reason why they havent just gone ahead and legalized it, and it almost certainly comes down to money and/or political control. But it isn't clear what that connection is.

FultzNationRISE
06-14-2022, 05:08 PM
^ Altho perhaps it's just to maintain the appearance of a cultural divide between red and blue, which can be handy at election time and so on.

Full Court
06-14-2022, 05:51 PM
Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

HylianNightmare
06-14-2022, 08:56 PM
Feds don't have the resources to enforce it. You should see the lines at some of these places. Plus they only go after big fish.

It is crazy that an ounce is like 450 dollars at a shop but on the street its only 200.

Crime pays

red1
06-14-2022, 09:03 PM
damn. just let the man smoke his weed.

all of the arguments against recreational and medical use are done. there are videos on youtube of parkinsons patients getting complete relief from almost seizure-like regular-day symptoms. I'll find that video.

recreational pot use is harmless too. I cant smoke much now because it does make me somewhat lazy, but to think society treats something as harmless as pot like a hard drug - completely laughable. :oldlol:

glad to see most states are finally coming around. they will have a better society that way.

red1
06-14-2022, 09:05 PM
and this is a retired police captain - and now it is illegal for him to get it in his state

oh how ironic :oldlol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo&ab_channel=RidewithLarry

ClipperRevival
06-14-2022, 09:56 PM
Yeah. Only thing that's weird - which is I assume is the aspect being referced - is WHY it's still illegal in some places even though very few people probably oppose it.

Like, what's in it for the politicians/lobbyists holding out on this particular issue? I don't think even Republicans can use marijuana as a wedge issue for political leverage these days. At least I haven't heard any attempt to in years.

Obviously there is *a* reason why they havent just gone ahead and legalized it, and it almost certainly comes down to money and/or political control. But it isn't clear what that connection is.

Not sure if bolded is a legit question or just trolling but the answer is obvious.

Most people know marijuana is sort of a miracle drug. If the entire world knew about it, the pharmaceutical companies would lose billions so they have to continue to stigmatize it. That and the stigma attached to it coming from a lot of the older God fearing, Bible reading Reoublicans. (I'm Republican too BTW but am more sensible).

ClipperRevival
06-14-2022, 10:00 PM
Is it really that weird? Government does not represent the people. They represent themselves. Government probably has some minimal role in our lives that is needed but we have long since passed that. Governments are essentially religion. Absolutely must have that power structure or people lose their minds. The concept of self sovereignty is something people struggle with.

Like how the far leaning left thinks giving government all the power is going to turn out well. :roll:

You know the saying, "if you're not a Democrat at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a Republican at 40, you have no brain."

All human atrocities in history have happened due to the government having too much power over its people.

Axe
06-14-2022, 10:20 PM
Like how the far leaning left thinks giving government all the power is going to turn out well. :roll:

You know the saying, "if you're not a Democrat at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a Republican at 40, you have no brain."

All human atrocities in history have happened due to the government having too much power over its people.
So you are saying the government is the boss instead of its people?

Shooter
06-14-2022, 11:18 PM
Stay offff

the

WeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeddaaaaaaaAaaaaa

SATAN
06-14-2022, 11:29 PM

The saying is ****ing stupid.

SATAN
06-14-2022, 11:32 PM

Maybe the reason can be found if we look back at why it was demoted and demonized the **** out of in the first place. That's what my money is on.

Johnny32
06-15-2022, 08:07 AM

that was the point. op said he thinks it's prob for personal use. i'm saying unlikely. no reason to buy bulk like that now.

Kblaze8855
06-15-2022, 08:24 AM
Its possible…stupid…but possible…he was picking it up for a friend who sells but didn’t have the money to go get it. Maybe running with his old friends and helping one out but not trusting him with the money so he picks it up for him. Sounds idiotic but I’ve heard of stupider decisions. What is he gonna do sell it to teammates? He’s out of town half the year. I wouldn’t doubt it was for someone else. Which makes him more stupid than a drug dealer.

rawimpact
06-15-2022, 08:41 AM
Respect the laws of the land. He should have stayed in Cali if Marijuana meant so much to him. Kentucky and my North Carolina are still behind in this regard but law is law.

Kblaze8855
06-15-2022, 09:06 AM
Even Ignoring that respecting the law would often in history result in a morally worse society that didn’t fight injustice….the whole argument kinda rests with the people of the land in question choosing said laws. So if you don’t like it you can go where the people agree with you. But that doesn’t work with weed. In your North Carolina 57% say weed should be fully legal and 72% for medical use and in Kentucky it’s even higher. 59 and 90 percent respectively.

The law is not the will of the people. The law is set by minority rule which has generally been considered undemocratic if not flatly immoral. At least until people need to justify their side having more representation than voters at which point minority rule is ok….but in this?

There seems to be almost no block of voters who would turn on you for such an issue. It’s literally a few republicans in states full of republicans who don’t even agree acting like it’s a conservative issue when it’s kinda….a freedom issue.

These people banning weed but not having the balls to go after tobacco and alcohol make it clear it isn’t truly a moral or public safety stance. Some conservatives just feel a need to be against all change. And I’m sure there are still some super liberal soccer mom types worried about gateway drugs too.

Personally I don’t get why you pander to such a small minority but that’s the world.

Is there a giant behind the scenes anti weed lobby with deeper pockets than the pro weed one? I gotta figure a properly motivated pro weed lobby has some money to donate. Does nobody want it?

Full Court
06-15-2022, 10:18 AM
The saying is ****ing stupid.

Let me guess...you're around 40 and a Democrat. :lol

Yup, checks out.

ralph_i_el
06-16-2022, 09:00 AM
Is there a giant behind the scenes anti weed lobby with deeper pockets than the pro weed one? I gotta figure a properly motivated pro weed lobby has some money to donate. Does nobody want it?

Private prisons lobby against it, as do police unions.

Really, the Dems are just happy to be seen as the "pro-weed" party to get votes. As soon as it's legal, it's no longer a political issue that people are basing their votes on. If Dems actually push this issue across the finish line, it's going to LOSE them votes in the end by de-politicizing the issue.

Republicans should just flip and get it legalized. Trump's farm bill basically did this by carving out the delta-8 loophole.

Down the street from my house, you can buy "Delta-10" weed oil. They take industrial hemp (.3% THC as opposed to like 20% THC weed), extract the THC, then hydrogenate it and put it in a vape. It's just weed, but they sell it at gas stations. :lol

ralph_i_el
06-16-2022, 09:03 AM

That quote is so old that the parties don't even stand for the same shit anymore. Come on man. Do you really think the Republicans are actually committed to limiting government power? I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

It's not about how much power the government has over the people, it's about what class of people have power over the government.

Kblaze8855
08-31-2022, 10:20 PM
. This was either stupidity or laziness and I assume he will beat enough of it to not really ruin his life. More of a lesson.

Woj:

. Free agent forward Montrezl Harrell had felony charges of marijuana trafficking reduced to a misdemeanor possession in a Madison County (KY) Courthouse today. Charge will be expunged from his record after 12 months if Harrell gets in no further legal trouble.