PDA

View Full Version : It's been almost a year ...

L.Kizzle
06-15-2022, 11:57 AM
And Damian Lillard being named a top 75 player of All-Time still doesn't sit right with me.
And after being named top 75, went on to lay a dud this season.
Nothing he has done screams top 75 and he's probably already peaked.

Im Still Ballin
06-15-2022, 12:00 PM
Dwight Howard not being named was a galactic-level tragedy. That man had a HOF-level career locked up by 26. I would've taken him over several guys on that list: Carmelo and Damian or two that come to mind.

L.Kizzle
06-15-2022, 12:05 PM
Dwight Howard not being named was a galactic-level tragedy. That man had a HOF-level career locked up by 26. I would've taken him over several guys on that list: Carmelo and Damian or two that come to mind.

Crazy thing is they actually had 76 players selected, to show you how flawed that voting must have been.

Dame and AD are my two selections I'm deleting and Dwight is my first selection to add. Between him or T-Mac.

SouBeachTalents
06-15-2022, 12:05 PM
Dwight was the biggest omission and frankly inexcusable, but McGrady not making it too was also turrible. I know, I know, he never got past the first round, but he was 7x All-NBA, a 2x scoring champ and had one of the greatest peaks ever in ‘03. He undoubtedly should’ve made the top 75 too.

1987_Lakers
06-15-2022, 12:19 PM
Not taking off any players from the 1996 list that made the top 50 made it a weird list.

You can't tell me Bill Sharman, Dave DeBusschere, & Jerry Lucas are top 75 players.

jayfan
06-15-2022, 12:23 PM
And Damian Lillard being named a top 75 player of All-Time still doesn't sit right with me.
And after being named top 75, went on to lay a dud this season.
Nothing he has done screams top 75 and he's probably already peaked.

At least he didn't disappear in the playoffs this season.

SouBeachTalents
06-15-2022, 12:33 PM
Not taking off any players from the 1996 list that made the top 50 made it a weird list.

You can't tell me Bill Sharman, Dave DeBusschere, & Jerry Lucas are top 75 players.
If they’re unable to be real and remove players who clearly are no longer deserving of being included, that list will never be legit. I think it’s worth potentially offending Bill Sharman’s family to make an accurate list instead :lol

L.Kizzle
06-15-2022, 12:51 PM
Dwight was the biggest omission and frankly inexcusable, but McGrady not making it too was also turrible. I know, I know, he never got past the first round, but he was 7x All-NBA, a 2x scoring champ and had one of the greatest peaks ever in ‘03. He undoubtedly should’ve made the top 75 too.
Dwight, Mac and cases can be made for a few others like Alex English, Grant Hill.

L.Kizzle
06-15-2022, 12:53 PM

Right Thing not to remove them tho.
But the 25 added should have been players active after the original 50 list.
It's not fair to add Dominique Wilkins. Sure, he got snubbed first time around but oh well. Because he wasn't the only snub. English was a snub, Dantley, etc. Gotta put them all not just J
Him and McAdoo.

HylianNightmare
06-15-2022, 12:57 PM

3x dpoy with all star level offense

Im Still Ballin
06-15-2022, 01:31 PM
3x dpoy with all star level offense

Arguably a top 5 player for 4-5 seasons in a row. At worst 3: 2009, 2010, 2011. There was even discussion of him being the best player in the world after the 2010-2011 season when LeBron choked. Finished 2nd in the MVP that year.

AlternativeAcc.
06-15-2022, 03:07 PM
Give dame Currys supportings casts and he has 5+ rings

Has identical career stats to curry, but isn't one dimensional so warriors would win more and his efficiency would be much better

Steph on the blazers doesn't amount to anything

warriorfan
06-15-2022, 03:39 PM
Arguably a top 5 player for 4-5 seasons in a row. At worst 3: 2009, 2010, 2011. There was even discussion of him being the best player in the world after the 2010-2011 season when LeBron choked. Finished 2nd in the MVP that year.

Back then it was a bit of a hot take to say Dwight was the best player in the league but it could get backed up by a legitimate argument. I think Phil Jackson made a comment like that about either Dwight being the best player in the league or if there was a re draft he would pick him first. One of the two but it did start some conversations for sure.

warriorfan
06-15-2022, 03:40 PM
Give dame Currys supportings casts and he has 5+ rings

Has identical career stats to curry, but isn't one dimensional so warriors would win more and his efficiency would be much better

Steph on the blazers doesn't amount to anything

Have you ever seen Lillard try to escape traps? :lol