PDA

View Full Version : Harden staying in Philly

GOBB
06-16-2022, 02:20 PM
James Harden is expected to pick up his $47 million player option for next season and the Sixers are expected to sign him to a short term deal around 2 years instead of a longer term deal, according to
@BleacherReport

@JakeLFischer

Shout out the ISHiots who said harden didn’t have his player option. Told you. Anyway this is better than “super duper max” #beverly

warriorfan
06-16-2022, 02:21 PM
Good luck with that.

Manny98
06-16-2022, 02:23 PM
Where he belongs

https://i.postimg.cc/NMv4L0K0/giphy-5.gif

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2022, 02:27 PM
Enjoy playoff Harden.

GOBB
06-16-2022, 02:53 PM
Where he belongs

First rd exit. How long before you abandon the Nets?

Proctor
06-16-2022, 03:23 PM

Spuddywebby
06-16-2022, 04:47 PM
My condolences to Philly. :(

red1
06-16-2022, 04:48 PM
might as well. would be harder to get a better guard on the market, that's not exactly easy if even possible.

might as well see if they develop chemistry and run it for a full year

Spurs m8
06-16-2022, 05:10 PM
James Harden is expected to pick up his $47 million player option for next season and the Sixers are expected to sign him to a short term deal around 2 years instead of a longer term deal, according to
@BleacherReport

@JakeLFischer

Shout out the ISHiots who said harden didn’t have his player option. Told you. Anyway this is better than “super duper max” #beverly

No one said he didn't have his player option, you fvcking idiot.

Fvcking lol Philly...eat shit, Embiid

GrayGoat
06-16-2022, 05:12 PM
RIP Embiid’s prime. It was a good run

GOBB
06-16-2022, 05:18 PM
No one said he didn't have his player option, you fvcking idiot.

Fvcking lol Philly...eat shit, Embiid

People did. Do a search and apologize d*ckhead. And get Embid nuts out your mouth.

Real Men Wear Green
06-16-2022, 05:27 PM
Enjoy playoff Harden.
Your team got swept in the first round and the reason they have Harden is that they unloaded their biggest problem on Brooklyn. We can dog Harden but at least he is playing. You have no standing to talk trash. Are you capable of understanding this?

ArbitraryWater
06-16-2022, 05:31 PM
Your team got swept in the first round and the reason they have Harden is that they unloaded their biggest problem on Brooklyn. We can dog Harden but at least he is playing. You have no standing to talk trash. Are you capable of understanding this?

Who you talking to?

tontoz
06-16-2022, 05:35 PM
They should put a conditioning clause in his contract.

Shogon
06-16-2022, 05:37 PM
Holy shit, at least 90% of Philly's moves since firing Hinkie have been wrong, lol.

I mean that franchise has been absolutely unintentionally driven into the rocks repeatedly ever since.

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2022, 05:43 PM
I think you quoted the wrong post there guy.

HylianNightmare
06-16-2022, 05:48 PM
Sucks this is what emgoat gets but maybe he can make wine outta water

Derka
06-16-2022, 06:02 PM
Daryl’s boyfriend getting his bag and giving nothing in return.

GOBB
06-16-2022, 06:28 PM
Holy shit, at least 90% of Philly's moves since firing Hinkie have been wrong, lol.

I mean that franchise has been absolutely unintentionally driven into the rocks repeatedly ever since.

Morey mentored Hinkie. What moves has Morey botched? Make sure you give a legitimate alternative when you do.

coin24
06-16-2022, 07:08 PM
Rest in piss Sixers :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
06-16-2022, 07:57 PM
I think you quoted the wrong post there guy.

Yeah my mistake. Thought O was going after Manny

FultzNationRISE
06-16-2022, 07:59 PM
Yeah I mean they didnt necessarily have BETTER options I guess, but having Harden in itself is still an L.

Theyre the only team that already knows theyll be eliminated in the playoffs before the year even starts.

bladefd
06-16-2022, 08:22 PM
It's not like Harden or Philly had another choice. Philly is over the cap and can you imagine giving up all that for Harden just to lose him for nothing?? Harden is unlikely to get 47mill from another good team so his best option is to opt-in (nobody can offer him what the Sixers can anyways).

SATAN
06-16-2022, 09:28 PM
RIP Embiid’s prime. It was a good run

:oldlol:

Spurs m8
06-16-2022, 10:14 PM
People did. Do a search and apologize d*ckhead. And get Embid nuts out your mouth.

I'm hanging shit on embiid.

And no....everyone knew he had a player option, there was a lot of discussion on whether he'd pick it up or not....and we knew he would, because he sucks.

Suck shit, your team is never gonna achieve anything...AND you have to watch Harden hahahahhahaha

GOBB
06-17-2022, 09:10 AM
Yeah I mean they didnt necessarily have BETTER options I guess, but having Harden in itself is still an L.

Theyre the only team that already knows theyll be eliminated in the playoffs before the year even starts.

Only one team won the title last night. That my frontal lobe hasn’t developed yet logic applies to every team but one.

GOBB
06-17-2022, 09:14 AM
I'm hanging shit on embiid.

And no....everyone knew he had a player option, there was a lot of discussion on whether he'd pick it up or not....and we knew he would, because he sucks.

Suck shit, your team is never gonna achieve anything...AND you have to watch Harden hahahahhahaha

You’re wrong per usual. Like I said do a search and you’ll find some misinformed posters here who thought he didn’t have his player option after trade.

And you really need to have Embiid nuts surgically remove from ya throat. Those aren’t tonsils my man.

Shogon
06-17-2022, 09:14 AM
Morey mentored Hinkie. What moves has Morey botched? Make sure you give a legitimate alternative when you do.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/james-harden-expected-to-pick-up-player-option-sign-shorter-term-extension-with-76ers-per-report/

GOBB
06-17-2022, 09:15 AM
It's not like Harden or Philly had another choice. Philly is over the cap and can you imagine giving up all that for Harden just to lose him for nothing?? Harden is unlikely to get 47mill from another good team so his best option is to opt-in (nobody can offer him what the Sixers can anyways).

You’re silly to think harden wouldn’t get $47mil from another team. Perhaps you worded your post wrong.

GOBB
06-17-2022, 09:19 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/james-harden-expected-to-pick-up-player-option-sign-shorter-term-extension-with-76ers-per-report/

I’m confused where this addresses the question I asked you? Yes we know harden opted in and got a 2yr extension (pretty much 3yr deal) as opposed to the 4-5yr max he was eligible for. If you’re claiming this is a bad move then answer what I asked you to do upon doing so? Not a difficult concept.

meat
06-17-2022, 09:19 AM
Yeah my mistake. Thought O was going after Manny

Yea of course we're not actually talking about basketball. Just about 10 of you homos doing a big circle jerk arguing with each other.
I'm not typing in gay.com but I'm guessing it would be less gay than all you

Shogon
06-17-2022, 09:22 AM
Ok, jokes aside though...

He gave up Horford(though admittedly he's on a bad contract that wasn't Morey) for free rather than getting a good coach.
He traded for Harden.
Signed Deandre Jordan. :roll:
He's extending Harden.
He hasn't fired Doc. Hasn't traded Tobias.
Pretty sure he's resulted in a net negative of overall draft picks.

To be honest, he hasn't done much good or bad. He's kept them in the status quo of being steered into the rocks at best. And now with extending Harden who is clearly a shell of his former self (would be happy to be proven wrong later on) he's basically hinging his entire stay and the rest of Embiid's prime with the 76ers on this one move.

Shogon
06-17-2022, 09:23 AM
I’m confused where this addresses the question I asked you? Yes we know harden opted in and got a 2yr extension (pretty much 3yr deal) as opposed to the 4-5yr max he was eligible for. If you’re claiming this is a bad move then answer what I asked you to do upon doing so? Not a difficult concept.

You cut your losses and move the **** on. You don't saddle the rest of Embiid's prime with an injured shell of himself Harden. Embiid's prime might be wasted either way, but you don't guarantee it with a move like this.

Unless the 76ers are operating with more info about the health of James Harden and expect him to have a resurgence year, this move is absolutely ass beyond belief.

They bungled the Simmons situation for years and whether you want to blame him personally or not, that really came to a head under Morey's tenure.

And anyways I'm not making this about Morey. The amount of ****ing up has been a monumental collective effort of ****ing up on the part of the 76ers, and nobody in that organization from the star player to the ownership is free of blame.

meat
06-17-2022, 09:27 AM

He gave up Horford(though admittedly he's on a bad contract that wasn't Morey) for free rather than getting a good coach.
He traded for Harden.
He's extending Harden.

To be honest, he hasn't done much good or bad. He's kept them in the status quo of being steered into the rocks at best. And now with extending Harden who is clearly a shell of his former self (would be happy to be proven wrong later on) he's basically hinging his entire stay and the rest of Embiid's prime with the 76ers on this one move.

"Deep blue" Morey is great he just can't stop tinkering. The roster moves on the Rockets was nonstop. Sometimes you gotta be patient. He's like the Elon Musk of NBA GMs

NBAGOAT
06-17-2022, 09:52 AM
i dont think this is a mistake. Giving him the full 5 year supermax obviously would be but a short term deal isnt going to cripple a franchise. You say let harden go but philly cant sign anyone else. They should only let him go if it means lillard, beal, or lavine in return. Those are the only guys potentially better that are available. If he gets less than 35% of the cap, it makes the deal even more palatable.

Morey doesnt have the results but he's done a great job imo besides signing Deandre. That was also during the middle of the season where there really werent many options besides sticking with paul reed. Horford was untradeable on his deal, they gotta a great stopgap starter in danny green. got a lot of value swapping richardson for curry too and turned a disaster into a contender within a year. Then the simmons disaster happened and it looked like embiid would have multiple years of his prime completely wasted and he got harden when most trade rumors had philly getting someone like brogdon or mccollum. Most importantly these moves got embiid to resign, your no1 goal as GM is to get your superstar to commit.

For this offseason, best hope is to trade tobias but it'll be even harder than trading horford was. Ik the bench can be improved with a few minor moves.

GOBB
06-17-2022, 09:56 AM

He traded for Harden.
He's extending Harden.

Al horford signed a horrible deal. He got rid of that asap and that’s considered a bad move? Lol Who was giving up anything of value again? I’ll wait. Just admit you don’t know and that you accidentally listed this was a bad move by Morey. When in fact it was a great move because once we signed him? No one expected that deal to be moved. Wouldn’t shock if you were critical of the move and said it wasn’t movable.

Signed D Jordan? Like what? 16 games for rest of season = bad move? These signings are always made. Teams sign really really tall players to fill up a roster spot for dirt cheap. Breaking news.

So far you’ve given no alternatives to EITHER situation. Go figure. Anyway…

Yes signing Doc was to me a lateral move. He’s not much better than Brett Brown. He has more respect from players than Brett (players coach). But I was not hype about the signing at all. He’s an overrated HC who lives of the Boston 3 title. And yes he should have been fired. Who replaces him? That I don’t know. Would need a list of coaches etc but that’s besides the point. Bad move Morey and retaining him as well.

Tobias Harris will be traded. What has to be included in a Tobias trade? Thybulle? Maxey? First rd pick? Anyones guess. I just hope if and when Tobias is traded you don’t run back and question what we got back for him.

Draft picks? Are we talking about draft picks? Lol sixers stockpiled enough draft assets. They are in a position where those don’t make or break the team. We are not lookin to develop talent anymore. We are looking to add reliable productive players for Embiid prime/window that won’t be open too long.

Listen you can criticize harden game. Heck I’ve done it. He wasn’t the explosive 3 level scorer I was accustomed too. Would getting into shape (losing weight/working out) help? Not sure. Some suggest it will. I think he is what he is. Which isn’t a bad thing but he hasn’t impacted the team more than Ben Simmons has. Granted two different players in terms of production but impact wise? About the same. I was fearful of him getting the $250+mil extension here. I expected him to opt in. 2year extension isn’t entirely bad given what the alternatives were. Which is nothing. Not saying this move = championship or even an appearance by any means. But it’s keeping Philly away from being stuck in mediocrity had we let Harden go completely with no replacement.

GOBB
06-17-2022, 10:03 AM
You cut your losses and move the **** on. You don't saddle the rest of Embiid's prime with an injured shell of himself Harden. Embiid's prime might be wasted either way, but you don't guarantee it with a move like this.

Unless the 76ers are operating with more info about the health of James Harden and expect him to have a resurgence year, this move is absolutely ass beyond belief.

They bungled the Simmons situation for years and whether you want to blame him personally or not, that really came to a head under Morey's tenure.

And anyways I'm not making this about Morey. The amount of ****ing up has been a monumental collective effort of ****ing up on the part of the 76ers, and nobody in that organization from the star player to the ownership is free of blame.

You just don’t have any alternatives/solutions. It’s easy to say bad move, messed this up, fumbled that there. You take the lazy way out. Ben Simmons should have been moved before Morey arrived. Morey moved him for something instead of NOTHING. He had no desire to ever play for Philly. So what do we do hold onto him? He didn’t play ALL SEASON. And now he’s got a “back” injury. Hypothetically Sixers keep Ben then try to trade him now? You’re really getting shortchanged. And you’ll be here saying “bad move Morey”. So what other trade should the sixers have done other than the Harden deal? Wasn’t many available options out there. Perhaps the kings deal.

But yes cut your losses with harden. Come into next season with no significant roster moves because financially no flexibility to make such a move. And expecting a Tobias trade to bring you back a Brad Beal type player is laughable. Only way sixers can improve a roster is via trade. Never free agency.

meat
06-17-2022, 10:14 AM
Philly is hilarious. Fultz, Simmons, Okafor. And Harden. Trust that process.

Spuddywebby
06-17-2022, 10:48 AM
For me, Philly’s issue is that they are approaching this team all wrong. Go back to Hinkie’s philosophy of “zig when everyone else zags”. They let Jimmy go when the move would have been to sell high on Simmons but that’s easier to say in hindsight. The last few playoffs though, should have shown them that the move now would be to try and sign and trade Harden for younger wings/draft picks and sell high on Embiid for all star quality young talent. Playoff Embiid may have peaked in the 2020 and 2021 playoffs. He may have peaked for the regular season this past season. Whether he has or not, what is undeniable is that the team hasn’t won with him as the primary scorer. What is also undeniable is that the last time a team won with a big as their main cog, was San Antonio in ‘14 and as good as Duncan was, Parker led the team in points/minutes played.

It’s a wing/3 point shot league. Miami/GS/Cleveland/Milwaukee, their best player (Curry/Lebron/Wade/Giannis/Leonard) were all guys that you could give the ball to at the half court line when the game was tight and you needed a score and just tell them “do something”. Lebron/Giannis/Leonard are also guys that when you need one stop against the other teams best player, they are going to take the challenge. Embiid needs to have the ball fed to him. He then gets double teamed and is not a great passer. Embiid is not going to be an effective defender against guys like that when they bring him out to the 3 point line. As good as Embiid is, a team with his has the best chance at winning it all if he is a 2nd-3rd option on offense and you have good wing defenders. He is not a good 3 point shooter, not a good passer, not someone that can start his offense at the 3 point line. Build a team of Maxeys with a rim protector like a Robert Williams or Jaren Jackson and some defensive wings thrown in, they’ll have a better chance at a title.

GOBB
06-17-2022, 10:55 AM
i dont think this is a mistake. Giving him the full 5 year supermax obviously would be but a short term deal isnt going to cripple a franchise. You say let harden go but philly cant sign anyone else. They should only let him go if it means lillard, beal, or lavine in return. Those are the only guys potentially better that are available. If he gets less than 35% of the cap, it makes the deal even more palatable.

Morey doesnt have the results but he's done a great job imo besides signing Deandre. That was also during the middle of the season where there really werent many options besides sticking with paul reed. Horford was untradeable on his deal, they gotta a great stopgap starter in danny green. got a lot of value swapping richardson for curry too and turned a disaster into a contender within a year. Then the simmons disaster happened and it looked like embiid would have multiple years of his prime completely wasted and he got harden when most trade rumors had philly getting someone like brogdon or mccollum. Most importantly these moves got embiid to resign, your no1 goal as GM is to get your superstar to commit.

For this offseason, best hope is to trade tobias but it'll be even harder than trading horford was. Ik the bench can be improved with a few minor moves.

Someone with common sense.

GOBB
06-17-2022, 10:57 AM
For me, Philly’s issue is that they are approaching this team all wrong. Go back to Hinkie’s philosophy of “zig when everyone else zags”. They let Jimmy go when the move would have been to sell high on Simmons but that’s easier to say in hindsight. The last few playoffs though, should have shown them that the move now would be to try and sign and trade Harden for younger wings/draft picks and sell high on Embiid for all star quality young talent. Playoff Embiid may have peaked in the 2020 and 2021 playoffs. He may have peaked for the regular season this past season. Whether he has or not, what is undeniable is that the team hasn’t won with him as the primary scorer. What is also undeniable is that the last time a team won with a big as their main cog, was San Antonio in ‘14 and as good as Duncan was, Parker led the team in points/minutes played.

It’s a wing/3 point shot league. Miami/GS/Cleveland/Milwaukee, their best player (Curry/Lebron/Wade/Giannis/Leonard) were all guys that you could give the ball to at the half court line when the game was tight and you needed a score and just tell them “do something”. Lebron/Giannis/Leonard are also guys that when you need one stop against the other teams best player, they are going to take the challenge. Embiid needs to have the ball fed to him. He then gets double teamed and is not a great passer. Embiid is not going to be an effective defender against guys like that when they bring him out to the 3 point line. As good as Embiid is, a team with his has the best chance at winning it all if he is a 2nd-3rd option on offense and you have good wing defenders. He is not a good 3 point shooter, not a good passer, not someone that can start his offense at the 3 point line. Build a team of Maxeys with a rim protector like a Robert Williams or Jaren Jackson and some defensive wings thrown in, they’ll have a better chance at a title.

A team of Maxeys and Robert Williams at center? Yikes. Thank god you’re not the gm

Manny98
06-17-2022, 11:01 AM
First rd exit. How long before you abandon the Nets?
How long before the Big Shrivel makes a conference finals

Simmons will make one before him at this rate :roll:

Manny98
06-17-2022, 12:31 PM
This is your franchise player, you're no longer in a position to talk shit about Brooklyn :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/3xYPJ4sR/Screenshot-2022-06-17-17-29-35-46-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Spuddywebby
06-17-2022, 01:04 PM
A team of Maxeys and Robert Williams at center? Yikes. Thank god you’re not the gm

These playoffs he played 40 minutes a game (Will Embiid ever be able to do that?), better EFG% than Embiid, better FT%, better 3P%, and average 20.8 to Embiid’s 23.8 in only his second year and being a 3rd-4th option but keep building around Embiid, I’m sure it will work out eventually.

bladefd
06-17-2022, 03:07 PM
You’re silly to think harden wouldn’t get $47mil from another team. Perhaps you worded your post wrong.

Who can offer him that much money that would be a contender (or at least a deep playoff run)??

GOBB
06-17-2022, 04:00 PM
How long before the Big Shrivel makes a conference finals

Simmons will make one before him at this rate :roll:

What rate is this because he’s never reached a conference finals. And he missed all last year. Not to mention the Nets went out first rd. Is Ben going to play next season? How about Kyrie? You got way more drama for yo mama in BK than Philly b*tch

GOBB
06-17-2022, 04:10 PM
Who can offer him that much money that would be a contender (or at least a deep playoff run)??

Two issues here. 1. It’s not about $47mil per year. It’s about getting a deal worth that. I don’t know offhand what teams have cap space but to think he couldn’t get a 2-3 year deal worth $47mil is ludicrous. 2. You’re now changing the variables here saying what team that would make a feel playoff run. When prior your just asked who was going to give him that much money.

No team can outright give him $47mil per this summer besides sixers when he opts in. But a contract worth $47mil in total or more? Yeah. Potential sign and trade? Yeah.

GOBB
06-17-2022, 04:13 PM
These playoffs he played 40 minutes a game (Will Embiid ever be able to do that?), better EFG% than Embiid, better FT%, better 3P%, and average 20.8 to Embiid’s 23.8 in only his second year and being a 3rd-4th option but keep building around Embiid, I’m sure it will work out eventually.

Embiid is a better rebounder better defender better focal point for an offense. He’s an mvp candidate. Why are we talking Maxey? He’s not even in the same tier/convo. You’re silly to think a bunch of maxeys and Robert Williams will do just fine.

fourkicks44
06-17-2022, 06:56 PM
I understand Morey's hands are tied and have been since he arrived due to all the f"ck ups in the Colangelo era so I'm going to reserve me judgement on this Harden deal for now. Seems like the best possible situation for the team at this time, but we will see.

I just want to clear some misconceptions ITT.

Firstly, Doc Rivers was hired before the arrival of Morey by they Elton Brand puppet regime. Doc is not Morey's guy. They worked together in Boston and what I have heard the had a professional relationship but I think they also had some issues there.

Why he hasn't fired him? There is more to the story we don't know I believe and probably more to play out.

Spuddywebby
06-17-2022, 08:14 PM
Embiid is a better rebounder better defender better focal point for an offense. He’s an mvp candidate. Why are we talking Maxey? He’s not even in the same tier/convo. You’re silly to think a bunch of maxeys and Robert Williams will do just fine.

The Celtics are basically a bunch of Maxeys with Robert Williams and they just took a dynasty team to 6 games in the Finals, more than pseudo MVP Embiid has been able to do.

And Maxey’s second year in the league was much better than Brown/Tatum’s second year. So assuming he keeps up the improvement, a couple of Maxeys, a couple of defenders like Grant and Robert Williams and a Derrick White/Peyton Pritchard on the bench seems like it will get you much farther than a team centered around Embiid.

fourkicks44
06-17-2022, 09:38 PM
The Celtics are basically a bunch of Maxeys with Robert Williams and they just took a dynasty team to 6 games in the Finals, more than pseudo MVP Embiid has been able to do.

And Maxey’s second year in the league was much better than Brown/Tatum’s second year. So assuming he keeps up the improvement, a couple of Maxeys, a couple of defenders like Grant and Robert Williams and a Derrick White/Peyton Pritchard on the bench seems like it will get you much farther than a team centered around Embiid.

Wtf :oldlol:

Spuddywebby
06-17-2022, 09:54 PM
Wtf :oldlol:

:confusedshrug::confusedshrug: if Jaylen Brown/Tatum/Maxey started in the league at the same time, Maxey would be talked about as being the better player of the three, based off Maxeys 2 year stats. Now if you expect zero growth from Maxey, then sure, current Brown/Tatum are better players. If you are telling me that White/Pritchard/grant Williams are the difference makers and better than Maxey, I don’t know what to tell you but at the beginning of the year you guys wouldn’t have traded Danny Green for either of them. Horford was good these playoffs, but Embiid played with Horford and did nothing. And Robert Williams/Bam Adabayo types are the centers that are useful in todays league, not injury riddled, run out of gas at the end of games Embiid.

GOBB
07-08-2022, 08:37 PM
Takes $15mil pay cut. 2yr deal with player option. You guys are idiots. Eat shyt

outofstomach
07-08-2022, 10:36 PM
Takes $15mil pay cut. 2yr deal with player option. You guys are idiots. Eat shyt

it’s been pretty popular to hate on this guy as of late :lol i don’t even bother defending him anymore

the dude forced his way out of the rockets because he didn’t wanna be the focal point anymore (ala literally carrying them to the playoffs essentially year in and year out save when he got an actual star in CP3) got to the Nets, carried yet another cast while Kyrie and KD were out getting their nails done, he unfortunately gets injured (and i would argue it’s because he got rode into the ground carrying the Nets’ cast while KD & Kyrie were out) lingering hamstring injury + rule changes, he’s a completely different player

and this warrants vitriolic criticism because they’ve despised harden for doing what he had to do to get his team to the playoffs :lol it is what it is