PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Atkinson tells MJ & the Hornets he will not be their coach after being hired.

1987_Lakers
06-19-2022, 02:12 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34113085/sources-kenny-atkinson-take-charlotte-hornets-job-stay-golden-state-warriors

Kenny Atkinson has informed the Charlotte Hornets that he won't become the franchise's new coach and will remain with the Golden State Warriors as the top assistant, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

After accepting Charlotte's job offer during the NBA Finals last week, further conversations with the Hornets' organization led Atkinson to believe that both professionally and personally it would be best to remain with the Warriors, sources said.

Atkinson and the Hornets had agreed in principle to a four-year deal

https://c.tenor.com/b8ngJAhzwfUAAAAC/tears-crying.gif

Kblaze8855
06-19-2022, 03:04 PM
I saw a lot of “Honestly, never mind” Drake album references online about this.

FultzNationRISE
06-19-2022, 03:09 PM
This will go down as a huge stain on MJ’s legacy if we’re being honest.

When Lebron owns a team coaches will be lined up around the corner to receive the honor of leading his team.

TheGoatest
06-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Kenny Atkinson refused jordon in favor of a superior alternative so hard that his new nickname should be Madonna.

Real Men Wear Green
06-19-2022, 07:34 PM
Beyond the stupid trolling the question is why did he change his mind? Was he told he couldn't pick his assistants or had no say in roster decisions? LaMelo Ball is an excellent franchise player for a coach to get on their first job.

Kblaze8855
06-19-2022, 08:01 PM
I bet the warriors made him like a head coach in waiting like Spo was in Miami for a while. The warriors after Steph/Dray/Klay may not be ideal but if he’s comfortable with the organization why not?

Real Men Wear Green
06-19-2022, 08:49 PM
I bet the warriors made him like a head coach in waiting like Spo was in Miami for a while. The warriors after Steph/Dray/Klay may not be ideal but if he’s comfortable with the organization why not?

Because Kerr isn't that old. Riley was in his 70s Kerr is 56 and could easily be there for another 10 years. That's a long time to wait and after it all of the current great players will be retired. It's a good organization that could reload with other great players but that's a long wait for an uncertain situation.

Unless Kerr wants to retire soon what we know makes me think Charlotte was the way to go for an aspring head coach.

Chick Stern
06-19-2022, 10:48 PM
Kerr is an incredibly good coach. He’ll be around for a while.
I believe that Jordan’s meddling has much more to do with it.

Axe
06-22-2022, 07:30 AM
Sadge.