PDA

View Full Version : Who wins #5 first Curry or Bran??

2much_knowledge
06-20-2022, 01:02 AM
Time to go out on a limb cause ill be bumping this for laught porpuses

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2022, 01:42 AM
I'd say neither gets to 5, but Curry has the better shot. I just figure one of these seasons we'll see a majority of contenders like the Clippers, Nets, Nuggets & Bucks finally healthy for the playoffs.

ArbitraryWater
06-20-2022, 01:47 AM
are we seriously counting 2015 for Curry?

It's 5-3 right now, Curry just won his first as the man. Bron did it 5 times.

Axe
06-20-2022, 02:00 AM
Even if he wins #5 first, chef still needs three more to tie king kong in finals mvp count.

Spurs m8
06-20-2022, 02:00 AM
are we seriously counting 2015 for Curry?

It's 5-3 right now, Curry just won his first as the man. Bron did it 5 times.

Scrimmage awards don't count

Naero
06-20-2022, 02:24 AM
Curry is clearly the plausible choice.

The Warriors simply have much more upside. Their original trio still has at least a few years of stardom left, Wiggins is entering his peak years, and their young core—Poole, Wiseman, Kuminga, and Moody—will bloom. For good measure, they have a lot more commodifiable draft picks than the Lakers.

I don't want to write off LA from title contention, but there are too many wildcards and big ifs with them. From health to coaching to roster construction, they're looking as futureless as ever. Best-case scenario, they'll be elite defensively again under Darvin Ham and can contend with a top-heavy but healthy roster a la 2020; realistically speaking, however, they'll need more talented, better-assembled personnel, and what assets do they even have to obtain them?

It's far from guaranteed either win another ring, though. Even if they make the Finals, I'd wager on healthier, improved versions of these Eastern contenders winning it all in the years to come.

plowking
06-20-2022, 02:27 AM
I'm not sure either get it. I think Giannis wins a few more.

Think Durant could potentially get one if Brooklyn are healthy as they are the most talent stacked team in the league and people keep forgetting about them.

Axe
06-20-2022, 02:52 AM
Curry is clearly the plausible choice.

The Warriors simply have much more upside. Their original trio still has at least a few years of stardom left, Wiggins is entering his peak years, and their young core—Poole, Wiseman, Kuminga, and Moody—will bloom. For good measure, they have a lot more commodifiable draft picks than the Lakers.

I don't want to write off LA from title contention, but there are too many wildcards and big ifs with them. From health to coaching to roster construction, they're looking as futureless as ever. Best-case scenario, they'll be elite defensively again under Darvin Ham and can contend with a top-heavy but healthy roster a la 2020; realistically speaking, however, they'll need more talented, better-assembled personnel, and what assets do they even have to obtain them?

It's far from guaranteed either win another ring, though. Even if they make the Finals, I'd wager on healthier, improved versions of these Eastern contenders winning it all in the years to come.
Competition in the west became weak when the warriors started taking over seven years ago.

LeCola
06-20-2022, 05:01 AM
Do we actually count

For Lebron.

This is acually 5-0.

Lebron is offcially out of top 100.

Booker > Lebron.

Real question must be:

Who will get first, Lebrons first ring or Curry 6th?

Lebron23
06-20-2022, 05:04 AM
Do we actually count

For Lebron.

This is acually 5-0.

Lebron is offcially out of top 100.

Booker > Lebron.

Real question must be:

Who will get first, Lebrons first ring or Curry 6th?

Can you just die already??

Sulico
06-20-2022, 07:36 AM
Curry obviously have more left in the tank, so I vote him.

hold this L
06-20-2022, 08:39 AM
It's impossible to know. One is are both of their teams going to be relatively healthy when it matters? The second one is, will GPII, Looney get extensions or leave because both are vital to the team. Will a team do Lebron a solid in a trade (business as usual) by trading for Westbrook? Because as long as he stays on the team, they can't really afford to change their team outside of MLE players.

Need to wait at least until the summer (or Feb) to get a closer idea on what's going to happen. Wouldn't be surprised if neither wins again though, but I hope the youngsters develop enough this next RS to help the Chef grab one more.

Full Court
06-20-2022, 09:03 AM
Unlikely either of them do, but Lebron's window to move up in rankings is pretty much closed. Theoretically, Curry could still move up to the top 5, but I don't see it happening. He still has to break top 10.

Real Men Wear Green
06-20-2022, 09:03 AM
It's impossible to know. One is are both of their teams going to be relatively healthy when it matters? The second one is, will GPII, Looney get extensions or leave because both are vital to the team. Will a team do Lebron a solid in a trade (business as usual) by trading for Westbrook? Because as long as he stays on the team, they can't really afford to change their team outside of MLE players.

Need to wait at least until the summer (or Feb) to get a closer idea on what's going to happen. Wouldn't be surprised if neither wins again though, but I hope the youngsters develop enough this next RS to help the Chef grab one more.

The Warriors aren't a lock but they're clearly more likely to win a ring than a team that just failed to make the Play-In. Finals hopes are resting on their ability to trade Westbrook for an all-star. It's not happening.

Shooter
06-20-2022, 10:19 AM
5? Damn, 5 FMVPs is tough. Only MJ has that.

LeBron is at 4 right now and Curry is at 1 so I gotta pick the King here. Good luck, Curry

NBAGOAT
06-20-2022, 10:24 AM
i'll say curry, just looks a lot more likely right now. Yes there are multiple other great teams but none of them look like a dynasty.

dazzer87
06-20-2022, 12:02 PM
Only if Lestats create or join another superteam……Maybe another Rona Lockdown season? If not Lestats will be stuck at only 4….:(

Hey Yo
06-20-2022, 12:15 PM
Only if Lestats create or join another superteam……Maybe another Rona Lockdown season? If not Lestats will be stuck at only 4….:(

That's how Curry won B2B by begging KD to join them.

LOL @ the MVP / reigning champions begging KD.

dazzer87
06-20-2022, 02:06 PM
That's how Curry won B2B by begging KD to join them.

LOL @ the MVP / reigning champions begging KD.

Ft35 was a career loser like your BF…..Curry had to show KD how to win….Like your dude had to go to Heats to be a winner….

Hey Yo
06-20-2022, 02:45 PM
Ft35 was a career loser like your BF…..Curry had to show KD how to win….Like your dude had to go to Heats to be a winner….

He was recruited by GS throughout the 2016.... you know, the reigning champions with the reigning MVP.

red1
06-20-2022, 02:50 PM

curry will NEVER. EVER. EVER. reach this level of dominance

and this is at the age of 23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4z_pCA_6k