PDA

View Full Version : Curry is getting WAY overrated.

StrongLurk
06-20-2022, 01:15 PM
With regards to his all time status. Granted, this happens literally every time someone wins a ring (happened with Kawhi in 2019 and Giannis last year).

Curry is NOT a top 10 player of all time (if you value players before the 3 point line).

A lot of people are trying to boost Curry's "four rings", but he literally just won his first legit "lead dog" ring. So using his "rings" as an argument to boost his greatness is ridiculous considering in 2015, the Warriors don't win without injuries to Kyrie/Love, and in 17/18 he played on the most stacked teams of all time AND got outplayed by Lebron/Durant in the finals.

Curry is amazing, but I'm legit seeing people trying to argue him OVER guys like Shaq, Duncan and Kobe, which is ridiculous when you factor in defense, longevity, and overall resumes.

Curry is SOLIDLY on the edge of top 10, somewhere between 11-15. He COULD enter in the top ten..but he still has a bit more to prove. With this all being said, I am a big fan of Steph and just wish we could've seen what he could do 2017-2019 WITHOUT Durant on his team making everything overkill.

Big164
06-20-2022, 01:46 PM
He is the Greatest Shooter Ever. By far....

That alone makes him get top 10. The rings and mvps are just icing on the cake.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-20-2022, 02:04 PM
First 'lead dog' ring? :oldlol:

So....we're gonna ignore reality just to paint a narrative? Against a depleted team or not, the Warriors won a ring in 2015 and Curry was clearly the teams BEST player.

The injury excuse is also a dumb argument. Injuries occur every season lol. And directly...or indirectly...impact the road to a title.

FKAri
06-20-2022, 02:07 PM
He's like Shaq. How he's officiated has a huge bearing on how good he is or isn't allowed to be. Makes it hard to rate him.

3ba11
06-20-2022, 02:14 PM
Do you realize that Dray is nothing without Curry's winning system?

Put Robert Williams in Dray's place and it Williams that gets HOF

In Curry's system, there's room for a non-scorer/filler player like Draymond because Curry's superior brand of ball needs less star scoring help - Curry can win with secondary producers like Klay and hustlers like Dray

Shogon
06-20-2022, 02:17 PM
but he literally just won his first legit "lead dog" ring.

No, he just won his 4th ring as lead dog.

So using his "rings" as an argument to boost his greatness is ridiculous considering in 2015, the Warriors don't win without injuries to Kyrie/Love, and in 17/18 he played on the most stacked teams of all time AND got outplayed by Lebron/Durant in the finals.

Question... if a team throws 5 defenders at one guy and they always leave the other guys on the team open, and one of those other guys puts up 100ppg, what do stats tell you? Nothing useful, I assure you. Curry > Durant all day every day since like 2015ish. Kevin Durant has not been a better player than Stephen Curry since like 2014.

Curry is amazing, but I'm legit seeing people trying to argue him OVER guys like Shaq, Duncan and Kobe, which is ridiculous when you factor in defense, longevity, and overall resumes.

I wouldn't put him over Shaq & Duncan, but he is definitely better than Kobe. The peak difference is too drastic to deny. Curry is the GOAT offensive player that has higher gravity than anyone in NBA history including peak Shaq, as unreal as that is to say.

Maybe he loses to those Cavs without Durant, maybe he doesn't... we'll never know.

Sulico
06-20-2022, 02:18 PM
Curry is so great, that as soon as he got Durant it was "over" and "unfair" for the league. Some people don't count those rings too.

Kobe had Shaq, player that ranked much higher than KD, and it was fair and those rings did count. Lebron had Wade, top 3 player in the league at the time and another top 25 all-timer, and it was fair and it did count. Hell, Magic had KAJ, and vice versa, both top 5 players on many lists.

Why is only Curry's rings don't count? Why is he, with 4 chips, fighting for a spot at the end of top 10 all-time with guys that had 2-3 rings and less MVPs? I call BS and bias. Whatever Shaq did in his career, Curry did too and some. He should be placed accordingly. Oh and he did it all going against GOAT cadidate every freaking year in the finals.

3ba11
06-20-2022, 02:21 PM
Curry is so great, that as soon as he got Durant it was "over" and "unfair" for the league. Some people don't count those rings too.

Kobe had Shaq, player that ranked much higher than KD, and it was fair and those rings did count. Lebron had Wade, top 3 player in the league at the time and another top 25 all-timer, and it was fair and it did count. Hell, Magic had KAJ, and vice versa, both top 5 players on many lists.

Why is only Curry's rings don't count? Why is he, with 4 chips, fighting for a spot at the end of top 10 all-time with guys that had 2-3 rings and less MVPs? I call BS and bias. Whatever Shaq did in his career, Curry did too and some. He should be placed accordingly.

How high would Durant rank if he won organically with Westbrick in 2012

Lebron's super-team collusion stole Durant's organic chip just like he stole 13' Duncan and 16' Curry

So people were really happy in 2017 when Durant got to hand-pick the preseason favorite after Lebron did it the previous 6 years (11-16')

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2022, 02:38 PM

Why is only Curry's rings don't count? Why is he, with 4 chips, fighting for a spot at the end of top 10 all-time with guys that had 2-3 rings and less MVPs? I call BS and bias. Whatever Shaq did in his career, Curry did too and some. He should be placed accordingly. Oh and he did it all going against GOAT cadidate every freaking year in the finals.
I've seen other people try to make this argument, but he didn't "just" have Durant. Klay & Dray both made the All-NBA Team in 2016, and they went 5-2 without him in the playoffs. They also had Iggy who was probably the best bench player in the league, or close to it.

So that's roughly 4 of the 20 best players in the league, including 2 of the top 3, all in their prime, all on one team. There have of course been other stacked teams in history, but what the Warriors had was honestly unprecedented.

Big164
06-20-2022, 02:44 PM

Agree with everything here.

tontoz
06-20-2022, 02:53 PM
Klay has been All NBA 3rd team twice in his career. He is 32.
Draymond has been All NBA 2nd team once and 3rd team once in his career. He is 31.

That is a combined 4 All NBA teams, all but 1 3rd team. That isn't very impressive. Wall and Beal have both made 3rd team All NBA.

For comparison Russ has 9 All-NBA teams by himself, only 2 of which are 3rd team.

red1
06-20-2022, 02:55 PM
curry deserves his props

he was unfairly getting roasted for playing with a great cast and not winning any finals MVPs

it just becomes funny when people try to argue that curry is better than leGOAT, when 23-year old lebron was already better than curry could ever be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4z_pCA_6k

Lakers Legend#32
06-20-2022, 03:04 PM
So little Steph is a top ten all-time player because he won 4 titles and a Finals MVP.

Tony Parker did the same thing.

Is he a top ten all-time player now too?

tpols
06-20-2022, 03:04 PM
Curry is coming off a few days from a series where he put up 31/6/5 on the #1 ranked defense in the league with the DPOY guarding him with his best help klay, dray, and Wiggins shooting on 48 TS, 39 TS, and 51 TS respectively.

Curry pretty much had to blow up for the warriors to win. His game 4 was an all time masterpiece.

https://youtu.be/CvoBQBiNOQo

They were losing that game in the 4th quarter and about to be down 1-3 but Curry actually stepped up from behind. Usually he goes off when they're ahead but in this title run he showed a level of resilience and intensity he's never shown before.

Straight GOAT shit. Hes not the same softer player he was 5+ years ago.

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2022, 03:17 PM
Curry is coming off a few days from a series where he put up 31/6/5 on the #1 ranked defense in the league with the DPOY guarding him with his best help klay, dray, and Wiggins shooting on 48 TS, 39 TS, and 51 TS respectively.

Curry pretty much had to blow up for the warriors to win. His game 4 was an all time masterpiece.

https://youtu.be/CvoBQBiNOQo

They were losing that game in the 4th quarter and about to be down 1-3 but Curry actually stepped up from behind. Usually he goes off when they're ahead but in this title run he showed a level of resilience and intensity he's never shown before.

Straight GOAT shit. Hes not the same softer player he was 5+ years ago.
This was honestly probably my biggest criticism of Curry, and why the Durant era titles did absolutely nothing to quell those concerns. Steph was the ultimate front runner, once the Warriors got up 7-10 points he'd put their opponent away with a barrage of 3's like nothing you've ever seen. But when the games got close in the playoffs, his effectiveness typically waned from his usual standards, and I felt like a legitimate criticism of him was he was unable to get his team critical buckets in crunch time like a Kobe, Wade or Kawhi did during their title runs, or even KD when they played together.

But he was able to prove himself these past Finals, where outside of one shit game he dismantled the best defense in the league, the same one that forced KD into the worst series of his career. And most importantly with his teams season on the line, he dropped 43 points in an ATG performance on the road to prevent his team from going down 3-1.

tontoz
06-20-2022, 03:20 PM
So little Steph is a top ten all-time player because he won 4 titles and a Finals MVP.

Weak trolling

Parker was a bus rider, not a bus driver. He never even finished top 4 in the MVP voting his entire career.

Steph has two MVPs and was an MVP finalist just last year.

He also has two scoring titles with a 65% TS. Only one other player in history has done that.

Shogon
06-20-2022, 03:24 PM
Weak trolling

Parker was a bus rider, not a bus driver. He never even finished top 4 in the MVP voting his entire career.

Steph has two MVPs and was an MVP finalist just last year.

He also has two scoring titles with a 65% TS. Only one other player in history has done that.

It's a troll account. Lakers Legend#32 is not a person representing their real views. Block and move on with life.

TheGoatest
06-20-2022, 03:54 PM
His overhyping just comes with the territory because he just won a championship. People were saying Kawhi was top 10 after the Raptors won.
This top 10 nonsense will cease after a while. Until he actually becomes top 10: One more Finals MVP or 3-4 more All-NBA seasons.

nineiron
06-20-2022, 04:13 PM

because the bran stan **** can't accept that Curry (being of normal size) could be that good. they think LeRoid is the goat because of his physique.

they tell themselves that the only reason they aren't in the nba, themselves, is because they're not 6'8".

nineiron
06-20-2022, 04:14 PM

bran stan confirmed

nineiron
06-20-2022, 04:16 PM
His overhyping just comes with the territory because he just won a championship. People were saying Kawhi was top 10 after the Raptors won.
This top 10 nonsense will cease after a while. Until he actually becomes top 10: One more Finals MVP or 3-4 more All-NBA seasons.

sounds like LeRoid after he was carried to every one of his rings.

GOBB
06-20-2022, 07:55 PM
It’s prisoner of the moment rankings. Not shocking people would go overboard. Give it some time.

Johnny32
06-20-2022, 07:59 PM
he's borderline top 10 is what i'm seeing people say. about right.

Gohan
06-20-2022, 08:08 PM

Curry just kicked iverson out the top 10

Shooter
06-20-2022, 09:26 PM
I've seen other people try to make this argument, but he didn't "just" have Durant. Klay & Dray both made the All-NBA Team in 2016, and they went 5-2 without him in the playoffs. They also had Iggy who was probably the best bench player in the league, or close to it.

So that's roughly 4 of the 20 best players in the league, including 2 of the top 3, all in their prime, all on one team. There have of course been other stacked teams in history, but what the Warriors had was honestly unprecedented.

Bingo SBT with another high IQ post.

Shooter
06-20-2022, 09:27 PM
sounds like LeRoid after he was carried to every one of his rings.

https://i.postimg.cc/KjvNn2fH/Nothing_Finer.png

https://i.postimg.cc/bwYhN9kb/LeFam_Happy_af.gif

Axe
06-20-2022, 09:53 PM
No klay?

John8204
06-21-2022, 01:47 PM
It happens after every championship the media wanted to push Curry at the start of the season he had injuries and productivity dips and now they are doing it again. Media needs content and the argument for an accurate (top fifteen) can't be made so we get the top ten.

hold this L
06-21-2022, 02:14 PM

Iggy was not a top 20 player at any point during his Warriors run :facepalm

StrongLurk
06-21-2022, 02:38 PM
Thread cliffs.

Curry is NOT quite top ten, but he absolutely has the potential to make it. If he can win another ring/FMVP as lead dog and a couple more all-nba level seasons, then I'd be inclined to put him in he top ten. Question is, who does he take out? We are pretty much at the point where we have too many all time greats to have a real "top ten" anymore. Soon we'll see fifteen different guys consistently mentioned in the top ten.

red1
06-21-2022, 02:45 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/KjvNn2fH/Nothing_Finer.png

https://i.postimg.cc/bwYhN9kb/LeFam_Happy_af.gif

that boat gif :roll:

SouBeachTalents
06-21-2022, 02:46 PM
Iggy was not a top 20 player at any point during his Warriors run :facepalm
Bruh, you did not read what I said correctly :lol

Gohan
06-21-2022, 02:46 PM
Thread cliffs.

Curry is NOT quite top ten, but he absolutely has the potential to make it. If he can win another ring/FMVP as lead dog and a couple more all-nba level seasons, then I'd be inclined to put him in he top ten. Question is, who does he take out? We are pretty much at the point where we have too many all time greats to have a real "top ten" anymore. Soon we'll see fifteen different guys consistently mentioned in the top ten.

Im sorry but curry is a straight up better player than most in the top 10 regardless of championships and accolades