PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong about the 2016 Finals. I'm Sorry Lebron Fans

!@#$%Vectors!@#
06-25-2022, 04:22 AM
:coleman: This cancer Kyrie has been allowed to kill multiple teams now solely because playing with Lebron allowed him to fool a bunch of GMs and casual fans that he is a good player. What player has been able to coast on such an undeserved reputation?

I credited Kyrie for "saving" Brans legacy but I was so wrong. :coleman:

red1
06-25-2022, 08:35 AM
your repentance is accepted

https://media3.giphy.com/media/uH06GDOiPIEQU/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611618cc3eef166a531b29a55960389 342583b7f82d&rid=giphy.gif

SouBeachTalents
06-25-2022, 10:00 AM
You can’t ever take 2016 away from him, he played great, destroyed Curry h2h, and hit one of the biggest shots in history to help win the title.

But half a decade since he left Cleveland it’s become obvious he’s not the player people thought he was going to be. He’s now on his way to completely bombing with TWO different franchises, both of whom were championship contenders.

In a way, you could argue 2016 was the worst thing that could’ve happened to Kyrie. I think he developed a Kobe with Shaq complex where he thought he could win championships as the man, and it’s just been a downward spiral of locker room disruption, injury, and poor playoff performance since leaving Cleveland. Let’s see if he has a final act left in him if he does get traded.

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 10:01 AM
Kyrie Irving isn’t a good basketball player? A 7x all star who would have been a 10x all star if it wasn’t for some injuries. A guy in an 11 year career averaging 23/4/6 isn’t a great basketball player? The fact you’re making this thread is proof he is …

Shooter
06-25-2022, 10:07 AM
Kyrie Irving isn’t a good basketball player? A 7x all star who would have been a 10x all star if it wasn’t for some injuries. A guy in an 11 year career averaging 23/4/6 isn’t a great basketball player? The fact you’re making this thread is proof he is …

I'm gonna let you (and 3ball) in on a little secret.

There's more to basketballl than scoring. Steve Francis can score. Is he a great basketball player?

Kyrie is/was a great scorer. Kyrie is a good basketball player.

Shooter
06-25-2022, 10:08 AM
OP,

It takes a real man to admit their wrongs and sack up like you did. Many deranged posters here would benefit from doing that if they were man enough like you. Much respect. LeFam acknowledges this :cheers:

Overdrive
06-25-2022, 10:27 AM
Kyrie is a great player in a vacuum and at that point was the perfect fit for Lebron, better than Wade, Bosh or Love. His problem is that his ego got to him after two good finals performances and that anything he has to offer as a human being outside of throwing an orange rubber ball is useless for most teammates and teams.

I think he could somewhat redeem himself along Lebron, but he has to be kept in check.

8Ball
06-25-2022, 11:22 AM
:coleman: This cancer Kyrie has been allowed to kill multiple teams now solely because playing with Lebron allowed him to fool a bunch of GMs and casual fans that he is a good player. What player has been able to coast on such an undeserved reputation?

I credited Kyrie for "saving" Brans legacy but I was so wrong. :coleman:

As a LeBron historian....

Kyrie was really ****ing good when Bron played with him in Cleveland. Its after 2017 that all things went downhill

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna let you (and 3ball) in on a little secret.

There's more to basketballl than scoring. Steve Francis can score. Is he a great basketball player?

Kyrie is/was a great scorer. Kyrie is a good basketball player.

My favorite players play defense? What are you talking about?

That’s why I eviscerate LeBron. Hollow numbers and hasn’t played good defense since 2014. Thus getting spanked in the Finals with tremendous amounts of offensive talent around him, like Kyrie, and then couldn’t make the playoffs in 2019 and 2022. And lost in round one in 2021 with a series lead. No defense.

I’m gonna let you in on a secret … you’re a moron.

You can’t ever take 2016 away from him, he played great, destroyed Curry h2h, and hit one of the biggest shots in history to help win the title.

But half a decade since he left Cleveland it’s become obvious he’s not the player people thought he was going to be. He’s now on his way to completely bombing with TWO different franchises, both of whom were championship contenders.

In a way, you could argue 2016 was the worst thing that could’ve happened to Kyrie. I think he developed a Kobe with Shaq complex where he thought he could win championships as the man, and it’s just been a downward spiral of locker room disruption, injury, and poor playoff performance since leaving Cleveland. Let’s see if he has a final act left in him if he does get traded.

Not totally true. He had the Celtics who lost their second best player, Gordon Hayward, in game 1 of the season … clicking in 2018. And if it wasn’t for an injury they would have probably made the Finals and given GS a better series. Hell the rookie Celtics with Scary Terry went 7 games in the conference finals. Add Kyrie? It’s a wrap. And this years playoffs? KD was straight trash.

8Ball
06-25-2022, 12:11 PM

That’s why I eviscerate LeBron. Hollow numbers and hasn’t played good defense since 2014. Thus getting spanked in the Finals with tremendous amounts of offensive talent around him, like Kyrie, and then couldn’t make the playoffs in 2019 and 2022. And lost in round one in 2021 with a series lead. No defense.

Not totally true. He had the Celtics who lost their second best player, Gordon Hayward, in game 1 of the season … clicking in 2018. And if it wasn’t for an injury they would have probably made the Finals and given GS a better series. Hell the rookie Celtics with Scary Terry went 7 games in the conference finals. Add Kyrie? It’s a wrap. And this years playoffs? KD was straight trash.

Kyrie was crap before LeBron, and crap after LeBron.

Kyrie needs facilitators in order to function optimally.

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 12:13 PM
Kyrie was crap before LeBron, and crap after LeBron.

Kyrie needs facilitators in order to function optimally.

Crap?

He was a number 1 pick and was a clear rising star. Playing on a shit Cleveland roster and was only 3 seasons in the league after quickly leaving Duke.

Destroyed Team USA in scrimmages multiple times.

And was THE reason cowardly LeBron was in a rush to tuck tail and come back to Cleveland after bailing on his “friend” D-Wade after his body was starting to break down.

SouBeachTalents
06-25-2022, 12:14 PM

He took that same team that came within a few minutes of knocking off apex LeBron and making the Finals without him to a backdoor sweep in the 2nd round, a series he was absolutely atrocious in.

And sure, KD sucked against the Celtics, but after Game 1 Kyrie was terrible too.

8Ball
06-25-2022, 12:20 PM
Crap?

He was a number 1 pick and was a clear rising star. Playing on a shit Cleveland roster and was only 3 seasons in the league after quickly leaving Duke.

And was THE reason cowardly LeBron was in a rush to tuck tail and come back to Cleveland after bailing on his “friend” D-Wade after his body was starting to break down.

Kyrie has 8 years of NBA seasons without LeBron and has done nothing for all 8 of those seasons.

Not one ECF or finals without Bron.

Kyrie is an amazing scoring talent, but his career without LeBron for 8 seasons has been extremely disappointing.

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 12:21 PM
He took that same team that came within a few minutes of knocking off apex LeBron and making the Finals without him to a backdoor sweep in the 2nd round, a series he was absolutely atrocious in.

And sure, KD sucked against the Celtics, but after Game 1 Kyrie was terrible too.

Kyrie played bad in the 2019 playoffs but that season the Celtics had a massive amount of chemistry issues that had nothing to do with Kyrie.

The team was beefing with the implementation of Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown was all pouty and the hierarchy of the team was disjointed because there was a glut at small forward with Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum. Don’t get it twisted, Kyrie played trash, but he wasn’t the sole reason they lost.

In 2021? If he doesn’t get injured, they probably win the finals.

And this year as I said, Kevin Durant had one of the worst series I’ve ever seen from a mega star. Anybody who blames this year’s playoffs on Kyrie is a moron. He was fasting during Ramadan end in game one was clutch as hell when KD was no where to be found … But then yes he did his material thing that he pulled in 2019 with the Celtics where he just visibly disengaged.

But I don’t know why LeBron Fans would get on him for that, the dude has done the same thing.

In 2010 Eastern conference semi‘s, 2011 finals, 2014 finals, 2015 game six of the finals, 2018 finals from overtime of game 1 through the rest of the series, totally quit and threw his teammates under the bus. And also in the 2021 first round and also this whole past season.

Shooter
06-25-2022, 12:22 PM

Touchy, touchy.

So let me make sure you're as retarded as I thought. The guy in the 2016 Finals that led ALL PLAYERS in ALL STATISTICAL categories, including BLOCKS and STEALS was not playing good defense?

Look, Kobe is top 12 now and that hurts as a fan of his, right? LeBron eviscerated any chance of Brickbe being top ten but please don't take it out on LeGoat. He was a better defender than any top 5 guy, period.

Shooter
06-25-2022, 12:24 PM

RIP White Kyrie the Kobestan moron

hold this L
06-25-2022, 01:02 PM

Why do people say this, when they know they're being completely disingenuous. Those two teams are not the same. Tatum and Brown who are the best players on the team are better now than they were then. Not to mention Timelord is the ultimate x factor (even though he barely played in the first round).

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 01:04 PM
RIP White Kyrie the Kobestan moron
Says one of the many Wheels Bronvestite Alts. Pathetic.

AlternativeAcc.
06-25-2022, 01:12 PM

Tell us how great westbrick is too

Shut up fool

SouBeachTalents
06-25-2022, 01:24 PM
Why do people say this, when they know they're being completely disingenuous. Those two teams are not the same. Tatum and Brown who are the best players on the team are better now than they were then. Not to mention Timelord is the ultimate x factor (even though he barely played in the first round).
Huh? How the hell did you interpret from that post I was equating the 18/19 Celtics to this years team :lol

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 01:27 PM
Tell us how great westbrick is too

Shut up fool

Westbrick is great. He’s just not a winner. Kyrie however is …

Irving delivered Cleveland their first ever championship. Hit the most clutch three pointer / shot in franchise history in a game 7. Was the teams best isolation scorer against set half court defenses and dropped a pivotal 41 piece in Golden State on the road during the Finals. Averaged 28 ppg for the series. Dude is amazing.

Westbrick couldn’t even carry LeBron into the playoffs this year, the way AD did the two previous seasons.

Meanwhile Kyrie won LeBron his “hometown promise ring” also his most legitimate Finals victory in his career :oldlol:

Bron Stans and LeBron himself owe Kyrie a major debt of gratitude.

8Ball
06-25-2022, 01:59 PM

Irving delivered Cleveland their first ever championship. Hit the most clutch three pointer / shot in franchise history in a game 7. Was the teams best isolation scorer against set half court defenses and dropped a pivotal 41 piece in Golden State on the road during the Finals. Averaged 28 ppg for the series. Dude is amazing.

Westbrick couldn’t even carry LeBron into the playoffs this year, the way AD did the two previous seasons.

Meanwhile Kyrie won LeBron his “hometown promise ring” also his most legitimate Finals victory in his career :oldlol:

Nobody except Kenny and 3ball subscribe to this narrative.

Entire sports world has soured on Kyrie.

I think Bron can resurrect his career once he joins Bron in LA

red1
06-25-2022, 02:06 PM

you might have a valid point if lebron didnt drop:

40+
40+
triple-double

in the last three games

leading both teams in all stats - first time ever in any nba playoff series.

cmon coach. :oldlol:

red1
06-25-2022, 02:07 PM
lebron won without kyrie (3x)

kyrie didnt ever do shit when he wasnt being led by the GOAT

red1
06-25-2022, 02:08 PM
in fact kyrie owes lebron a ring for going down 2015 and then bailing 2018 - and he knows it himself :roll:

kyrie himself literally thinks like that :roll:

red1
06-25-2022, 02:10 PM
this is the most gangster moment in NBA history, right alongside ray allen telling the NBA finals crew to get the ****ing ropes outta there after hitting his clutch dagger to tie the game

down 3-1 and came back to tie the series and win game 7

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkxtiagUgAA3D09.jpg

AlternativeAcc.
06-25-2022, 02:10 PM

So LeBron turner a career loser/all-time level cancer into a winner for one season.

every year outside of playing with lebron is a massive disaster for irving.

So LeBron gets massive praise for making a career loser/cancer into a winner when they played together.

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 02:39 PM
this is the most gangster moment in NBA history, right alongside ray allen telling the NBA finals crew to get the ****ing ropes outta there after hitting his clutch dagger to tie the game

That fit and shirt and sunglasses look is still dope AF

red1
06-25-2022, 02:47 PM
That fit and shirt and sunglasses look is still dope AF

yeah he clutched it out bro

said he's the best in the world and proved it by dropping 40, 40, triple double while blocking curry 100 times and running iguodala down

GOAT shit

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 02:49 PM
yeah he clutched it out bro

said he's the best in the world and proved it by dropping 40, 40, triple double while blocking curry 100 times and running iguodala down

GOAT shit
Followed it up with the Ultimate Warrior shirt? :oldlol:

Him and Kyrie alpha-ed the **** out of that Golden State team.

Cause Curry and KD to cuck their own legacies the next several seasons. Curry this year however took major strides to rebuilding his brand on his own. KD almost got it done last year. If only his long ass foot wasn’t on the three point line for that one shot.

red1
06-25-2022, 02:52 PM
Followed it up with the Ultimate Warrior shirt? :oldlol:

Him and Kyrie alpha-ed the **** out of that Golden State team.

Cause Curry and KD to cuck their own legacies the next several seasons. Curry this year however took major strides to rebuilding his brand on his own. KD almost got it done last year. If only his long ass foot wasn’t on the three point line for that one shot.

yeah the warriors are incredible talents, that shooting and passing and overall skill level is commendable - lebron and kyrie are two of the best most dominant scorers of all-time

dray and curry are going to come out in 10 years saying lebron is the GOAT. and that kyrie is a legend.

a mentally and physically fragile legend.

https://kingjamesgospel.com/wp-content/uploads/getty-images/2017/07/541547838-850x560.jpeg

red1
06-25-2022, 03:16 PM
kd and curry are incredible but lebron and kyrie are better

the difference is klay dray iggy vs jr smith thompson shump etc

no disrespect to any cavs role players they all have a ton of heart including average roleplayers like mozgov and delly who fought like warriors in those finals that they lost

Spurs m8
06-25-2022, 05:49 PM
He literally did save it though...watch the games.

Basketball fans are the dumbest in all of sports

Axe
06-25-2022, 05:51 PM
Scrotum m8

Spurs m8
06-25-2022, 05:53 PM
Scrotum m8

Another lonely weekend on ISH?

Poor little guy

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 09:37 PM

No just the ones predominately on ISH. They think the Spurs were a dynasty, Tim Duncan was a PF, and that LeBron James is the actual GOAT.

Shooter
06-25-2022, 09:45 PM

Fuming m8

Spurs m8
06-25-2022, 09:48 PM
No just the ones predominately on ISH. They think the Spurs were a dynasty, Tim Duncan was a PF, and that LeBron James is the actual GOAT.

Dunno why you've had it out for the Spurs lately, you seem salty

Spurs m8
06-25-2022, 09:49 PM
Fuming m8

Sitting at home on ISH on a Saturday in summer AGAIN

Sick life bruh

red1
06-25-2022, 10:08 PM

its going to be rough for you the next two years, lil guy

and if lebron actually wins another ring? good lord :roll:

3ba11
06-25-2022, 10:30 PM

PLAYOFF PPG

16' Kyrie........ 25.2
16' Lebron..... 26.2

11' Wade ...... 24.5
11' Lebron..... 23.7

20' AD............ 27.7
20' Lebron..... 27.6

Everyone in history had equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention for numerous playoff runs, so they didn't always face maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load).

Any period without facing maximum defensive attention is inflated stats compared to Jordan, who always defeated maximum defensive attention - he carried the scoring load in every SERIES, let alone playoff run.

Finally, notice how Lebron needs all-time scorers at sidekick - Lebron can't carry the scoring load with sufficient brand of ball to beat Finals teams (too ball-dominant), so he needs elite 1st options at sidekick that can match his scoring.. Otoh, off-ball experts CAN carry the scoring load with sufficient brand to beat Finals teams, so they can win with secondary hustlers/defenders like Klay, Pippen or Wiggins at sidekick.

red1
06-25-2022, 10:31 PM
https://c.tenor.com/8zUyU3lh7csAAAAC/vince-carter-its-over.gif

3ba11
06-25-2022, 10:33 PM
Career Finals

Lebron..... 28 ppg
Kyrie........ 28 ppg (closer in Finals)

Equal-scoring partners attract equal defensive attention, so Lebron never defeated maximum defensive attention (carried scoring load in Finals).

He infact lacks the elite jumpshooting skill needed to defeat maximum defensive attention

red1
06-25-2022, 10:34 PM
its a wrap folks

1a 1b

https://c.tenor.com/pP6Ob7Vewf4AAAAC/lebron-james-three-over-curry.gif

3ba11
06-25-2022, 10:37 PM
its a wrap folks

1a 1b

Lebron is 0-10 on clutch shots in the Finals - he literally isn't capable of being clutch on the championship level.. In the clutch, he's one of those unskilled offensive bums that had to make it up defensively

red1
06-25-2022, 10:43 PM
Lebron is 0-10 on clutch shots in the Finals - he literally isn't capable of being clutch on the championship level.. In the clutch, he's one of those unskilled offensive bums that had to make it up defensively

keep doing you lil guy

keep exposing that cotton candy in those cotton candy white boy rings

https://wp.usatodaysports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2013/06/lebron31.gif

red1
06-25-2022, 10:45 PM
meanwhile jordan had long-armed defensive beast pippen on his own team

poor guys never stood chance

https://uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/screen-shot-2015-08-25-at-2-33-24-pm.png

red1
06-25-2022, 10:47 PM
pippen used to take jordan's girl:

https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/nba/2021/09/23/614c89b6e2704e22578b45d0.html

WhiteKyrie
06-25-2022, 11:31 PM
It’s a Saturday in Summer red1, why don’t you get out and have some drinks or a smoke or be with some homies. Instead of shamelessly trying to instigate nonsensical stupid arguments on ISH.

red1
06-25-2022, 11:40 PM
It’s a Saturday in Summer red1, why don’t you get out and have some drinks or a smoke or be with some homies. Instead of shamelessly trying to instigate nonsensical stupid arguments on ISH.

I went out yesterday so Im chilling out tonight :confusedshrug:

I'm trolling a troll this is fun for me

https://c.tenor.com/nl2iUgRdwloAAAAM/laughing-michael-jordan.gif

SATAN
06-25-2022, 11:58 PM

You are an absolute moron.

Shooter
06-26-2022, 12:11 AM
You are an absolute moron.

+1

999Guy
06-26-2022, 01:04 AM

Was it really one of the biggest shots in history? A lot of people made shots in that game. Logically the final shots are not more or less valuable than the first ones. Makes zero sense to hype it.

WhiteKyrie
06-26-2022, 01:07 AM
Was it really one of the biggest shots in history? A lot of people made shots in that game. Logically the final shots are not more or less valuable than the first ones. Makes zero sense to hype it.

You can’t be serious

999Guy
06-26-2022, 01:19 AM
You can’t be serious

You understand the only reason you would want to focus in on that shot is because of some misses and makes that came before it? If Curry caught fire, **** that shot, it wouldn’t matter to you or anyone else.

That shot is built on equally important shots before it from both teams.

A first quarter team is just as important as a 4th quarter team.

The Warriors won 2-3 titles being known as a third quarter monster. And they could’ve been first or second quarter monsters. It’s all the same shit.

The idea of clutch is a joke as it’s currently discussed.

Axe
06-26-2022, 01:40 AM
You understand the only reason you would want to focus in on that shot is because of some misses and makes that came before it? If Curry caught fire, **** that shot, it wouldn’t matter to you or anyone else.

The Warriors won 2-3 titles being known as a third quarter monster. And they could’ve been first or second quarter monsters. It’s all the same shit.

But curry choked hard and blew hca to matthew dellavedova in the 2016 finals. Warriors had to get kd after the embarrassing loss.

Overdrive
06-26-2022, 04:24 AM

So Ray Allen hitting that shot in '13 wasn't important? You totally neglect the mental aspect of the situation.

Spurs m8
06-26-2022, 05:22 AM
Safe to say 999 has never played sport and simply doesn't understand it

ArbitraryWater
06-26-2022, 08:52 AM
Crap?

:roll::roll::roll:

Shooter
06-26-2022, 09:43 AM
So Ray Allen hitting that shot in '13 wasn't important? You totally neglect the mental aspect of the situation.

And LeBron's 3 pointer right before Ray Allen's wasn't important? If LeBron doesn't make the 3 right before, then guess what, fu** Allen's shot. It's not hard to grasp. Turn your brain on.

Shooter
06-26-2022, 09:44 AM
:roll::roll::roll:

He's a dumb bitch :lol Love watching him defend Kyrie in situations like this where he has absolutely no business doing so. Shows how retarded he is and I love the exposure.

Hey Yo
06-26-2022, 09:53 AM

LOL @ shitting on LeBron for not making the playoffs in 2019 and 2022, but not citing the reasons why ..... injuries.

Then proceeds to point to Hayward's injury as to why Kyrie didn't make the Finals.... so dumb.

SATAN
06-26-2022, 10:22 AM
And LeBron's 3 pointer right before Ray Allen's wasn't important? If LeBron doesn't make the 3 right before, then guess what, fu** Allen's shot. It's not hard to grasp. Turn your brain on.

+1

MrFonzworth
06-26-2022, 03:05 PM

What a cornball:roll::roll:

Shooter
06-26-2022, 10:52 PM

Don't you live in Alaska in an igloo and work at the fish market?

Case closed.

NBAGOAT
06-27-2022, 11:25 AM
Well we might see a reunion soon :lol

red1
06-27-2022, 01:41 PM

you're a bitch bro. bitch-ass little fonz. I'm sure I'm better than you at basketball.

can never call someone like me a cornball. you're not allowed.

would be even worse if you're referring to the pic. :roll:

AlternativeAcc.
06-27-2022, 01:48 PM

Lebron orchestrating a 15 point comeback by hitting multiple 3s and was their entire offense in the 4th.

Lebron hit a 3 down 5 to cut the lead to two with 25 seconds left. There's no chance for Allen tying the game without LeBron dominating and leading the comeback. Period.