PDA

View Full Version : When Lebron surpasses Kareem as top scorer..

aceman
06-26-2022, 02:52 AM
..he be the greatest scorer in the history of the sport.

John8204
06-26-2022, 03:17 AM
I'd got with Wilt because of his PPG and amount of seasons...but 27 PPG is impressive we'll see what he retires at.

red1
06-26-2022, 03:23 AM

Great thread fakkit keep crying :oldlol:

Billionaire boys club

red1
06-26-2022, 03:27 AM
It's a wrap

we're coming for that number one spot

I'm at the gym right now - someone gimme a vince carter over gif.

Spurs m8
06-26-2022, 03:46 AM
Debatable.

If you count longevity, which no one does

Most points, not even close to actual greatest scorer...that where averages are easily more accurate

aceman
06-26-2022, 05:37 AM
Debatable.

If you count longevity, which no one does

Most points, not even close to actual greatest scorer...that where averages are easily more accurate

Average depends on era & how long you play for as it usually drops with age. Look at Jordan with wizards.

aceman
06-26-2022, 05:39 AM
Great thread fakkit keep crying :oldlol:

Billionaire boys club

All time top scorer. Can't be disputed. Who was the best scorer is subjective but all time leader is fact. That's all.

Spurs m8
06-26-2022, 06:21 AM
Lebron only averaged Jordans CAREER average in 3 seasons or whatever...out of 19

And that's even in the 3 point era.

Has what, 1 scoring title in 19 years?

All signs point to him not being the greatest scorer...not even greatest scorer in seasons he played in...just padded stats for the longest time

red1
06-26-2022, 06:27 AM
issa wrap

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611028adbb5b6df134a7b2227e87964 43644e596237&rid=giphy.gif

aceman
06-26-2022, 06:31 AM
Lebron only averaged Jordans CAREER average in 3 seasons or whatever...out of 19

And that's even in the 3 point era.

Has what, 1 scoring title in 19 years?

All signs point to him not being the greatest scorer...not even greatest scorer in seasons he played in...just padded stats for the longest time

Just an opinion there. Fact is he'll have the most points

Baller789
06-26-2022, 06:54 AM

He'll have the most points spread out at the most # of years.

It's like spreading peanut butter too thinly on white bread.

I'd take the smaller piece of bread with a thicker spread of peanut butter thank you very much.

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2022, 07:00 AM
He would have had to have the longest prime of any superstar which is certainly something to be respected but is not the same Thibodaux as being the greatest shooter of all time.

Edit: it's like when Hank Aaron was the all-time home run king. He had one of in not the longest prime ever but was not the greatest power hitter of all time

Spurs m8
06-26-2022, 07:00 AM

He will.

Off way more tries than many others.

So you have 2 single guys...

One guy sleeps with 10 girls in 2 months

And another guy sleeps with 12 girls in 5 years....

Who's done a better job...

Yep

Full Court
06-26-2022, 08:48 AM
All time top scorer. Can't be disputed. Who was the best scorer is subjective but all time leader is fact. That's all.

Sure, it just doesn't mean nearly as much as the Bronies make it out to mean.

For example, Jordan's 10 scoring titles is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Lebron's 1. And way more impressive. And means that Jordan is the top scorer of the modern era. The top scorer of all time is probably Wilt.

coastalmarker99
06-26-2022, 08:57 AM
In my first four or five years in the NBA, I so dominated scoring wise that even my strongest detractors had to concede that I could score almost whenever I wanted to.

An example of how I dominated was bought to light on January 9 1991 when Micheal Jordan scored his fifteen thousandth point all the papers praised his achievement and related that he reached that milestone in his 460th game faster then anyone else in NBA history besides your's truly.

Who did it in 358 games that's right 102 games quicker I was besieged by so many factions that I started to score less and less I did it only to appease my detractors not because of my inability to keep scoring.

There is no doubt that if I had chosen to keep scoring I could have and just as easily in my last years of play as in the beginning of my career.

I become a smarter player as I got older and my field goal percentage started to climb to unreal numbers also the center competition in my mind's eye became less and less formidable.

Russell was getting old and Kareem was not strong enough to keep me from going to the basket which I did more of in my later years than I was allowed to in my early years.

I want you all to realize that I dunked the basketball about half as many shots a game when I was really scoring points as Micheal Jordan does now as I mainly used fadeaway jump shots and finger rolls to score my shots

The point is I could have put the scoring record so far out of reach that Kareem would have to play thirty years not twenty years to break the record but I sacrificed all of that scoring ability for whatever my teams wanted of me.

I call that real unselfishness, not like that crap you hear announcers say when a player gives off a pass to a teammate my last game in the NBA was indicative of what I had allowed myself to become as a scorer I took one that's right one shot during the entire game.

There were many games during the last four or five years of my career when I took one or no shots but I led the NBA in rebounding and blocked shots and I established a shooting percentage record that may stand for many a year 72%.

What would you have done if you were the greatest scorer the game has ever seen would you stop shooting and pass the ball to some guy who on his best day couldn't score in an entire game what you averaged for one quarter for better or worse that's what I did.

At times I got a little angry when I read that I couldn't score anymore so I would go out and score 50 or 60 points just to show people I could still do it then I would go back to role-playing scoring twelve and thirteen points a contest.

Johnny32
06-26-2022, 09:13 AM
it's the cherry on top of the greatest career in the history of professional sports.

John8204
06-26-2022, 09:15 AM

For example, Jordan's 10 scoring titles is waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Lebron's 1. And way more impressive. And means that Jordan is the top scorer of the modern era. The top scorer of all time is probably Wilt.

Maybe...it's a fair point. Though the case could be made that changes in officiating and having a elite coach/gm building a team around you assisted Jordan to those 10 titles. Lebron's had to rebuild 4/5 times in his career.

To me...it's Wilt he could have been like Walter Johnson or Cy Young and just put up unbreakable numbers if he wanted to but his era it was about team ball.

coastalmarker99
06-26-2022, 09:15 AM
The 1970 Lakers made a 33 year old Chamberlain the number 1 option until he tore his patella.

In those 9 Games, Wilt went back to his Scoring days instead of his 1966-1968 play-style.

And he averaged

32 PPG 21 RPG 3 APG

56.5 TS (+5.4 rTS)

I don't think there is any question that Chamberlain could have put all of the scoring records out of reach had he wanted to.

As when Alex Hannum played a prank in 1968 with the Media to say that Wilt' had declined as a scorer.

A furious Wilt afterwards over the next three games.

Averaged 56 PPG on 80FG%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijoWDGzD6w&t=227s

At the 2.55-minute mark Billy C speaks about how dominant Wilt was in those three games in 1968.

It's also important to note.

That when SI in 1969 ran an article claiming that a 32 year old Wilt could no longer score.

Wilt caught wind of the article, and the night before it hit the newsstands Chamberlain exploded with a 60 point game.

He followed that up with a 66 point game (on 29-35 shooting) a few days later.

In fact, over the course of 17 straight games, Wilt crushed the league, averaging 31.1 ppg in that span. Included were games of 30 on ROY and HOFer Elvin Hayes; 33 on Bob Rule

Shooter
06-26-2022, 09:16 AM
WAIT

So LeBron will have thee Playoff Scoring Title AND the Regular Season Scoring Title?

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611028adbb5b6df134a7b2227e87964 43644e596237&rid=giphy.gif

I dont reward shortgevity quitters. Do you?

8Ball
06-26-2022, 09:45 AM

I already proved this in a prior thread.

Nobody had any rebuttal. I won the debate easily.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?501961-LeBron-James-is-the-GREATEST-Scorer-of-ALL-TIME

8Ball
06-26-2022, 09:46 AM
Maybe...it's a fair point. Though the case could be made that changes in officiating and having a elite coach/gm building a team around you assisted Jordan to those 10 titles. Lebron's had to rebuild 4/5 times in his career.

To me...it's Wilt he could have been like Walter Johnson or Cy Young and just put up unbreakable numbers if he wanted to but his era it was about team ball.

1 year scoring title is nothing vs the all time scoring record.

Shaq said this himself. When Bron surpasses Kareem, Bron the GOAT to Shaq.

Shooter
06-26-2022, 09:47 AM
1 year scoring title is nothing vs the all time scoring record.

Shaq said this himself. When Bron surpasses Kareem, Bron the GOAT to Shaq.

100%

Imagine thinking you're cute for winning a couple of regular season scoring titles when LeBron literally has THEE Playoff Scoring Title. It's not close.

aceman
06-26-2022, 06:20 PM

Lay ppl don't know or care about scoring titles. Growing up I knew Kareem had most points all time & I thought nobody would catch him, but now..

aceman
06-26-2022, 06:22 PM
He will.

Off way more tries than many others.

So you have 2 single guys...

One guy sleeps with 10 girls in 2 months

And another guy sleeps with 12 girls in 5 years....

Who's done a better job...

Yep

In ur somewhat misogynistic example; would be guy with most overall

TheGoatest
06-27-2022, 04:56 AM
He's been the GOAT since 2016.
2020 was an extra exclamation mark for his GOATness.
2023, if not injured, will be a triple exclamation mark.

Spurs m8
06-27-2022, 05:29 AM
In ur somewhat misogynistic example; would be guy with most overall

Lol no

Spurs m8
06-27-2022, 05:30 AM
Lay ppl don't know or care about scoring titles. Growing up I knew Kareem had most points all time & I thought nobody would catch him, but now..

In the inflated stats and 3 point era....

And still took forever

Baller789
06-27-2022, 07:31 AM
Lebron's had to rebuild 4/5 times in his career.

Kinda disengenious to make that statement. Everyone knows that Lebron didn't really build teams.

He colluded to instantly form contenders/ super teams.

red1
06-27-2022, 08:49 AM
Kinda disengenious to make that statement. Everyone knows that Lebron didn't really build teams.

He colluded to instantly form contenders/ super teams.

just like usual this ***** has nothing to add but "bran bran bran"

body-bagged your bitch-ass, AGAIN

best 37-year old of all-time, hands down. and now #2 in all-time scoring.

https://cdn.nba.com/manage/2022/03/lebron-passes-malone.jpg

Baller789
06-27-2022, 09:38 AM
just like usual this ***** has nothing to add but "bran bran bran"

body-bagged your bitch-ass, AGAIN

best 37-year old of all-time, hands down. and now #2 in all-time scoring.

https://cdn.nba.com/manage/2022/03/lebron-passes-malone.jpg

But the topic was about Lebron is it not?

Or should we talk.about Harden in this thread?

:hammerhead:

Best 37 year old couldn't even make the play-in tournament :oldlol:

red1
06-27-2022, 09:42 AM
But the topic was about Lebron is it not?

Or should we talk.about Harden in this thread?

:hammerhead:

Best 37 year old couldn't even make the play-in tournament :oldlol:

just trolling you because thats all you do is well

keep crying lil guy all we do is win. I'll take that as another dub. you'll be the first one crying if AD comes back with a monster season. :oldlol:

you to learn to get off the couch and #striveforgreatness