PDA

View Full Version : There should be no luxury tax for players a team draft

iamgine
06-27-2022, 01:54 PM
Top 12 picks not included.

So lets say if you can get Manu Ginobili in the 2nd round and develop him well, you can pay him the max without his salary affecting luxury tax.

This would make teams focus a lot more on scouting and player development, which I think would be great for the league.

Baller789
06-28-2022, 04:15 AM
Top 12 picks not included.

So lets say if you can get Manu Ginobili in the 2nd round and develop him well, you can pay him the max without his salary affecting luxury tax.

This would make teams focus a lot more on scouting and player development, which I think would be great for the league.

Or we could relegate bottom teams like the Europeans instead of rewarding tanking.

warriorfan
06-28-2022, 04:46 AM
Or we could relegate bottom teams like the Europeans instead of rewarding tanking.

This would be interesting. Separates the men from the boys in terms of ownerships.

John8204
06-28-2022, 04:58 AM

I agree I think the NBA should expand to 62 teams (mostly in Europe, but also Canada and Mid-Atlantic region)

20 teams make the playoffs for the title...16 teams make the "playoffs" for the draft you lose in the first round of the Draft tournament you get relegated to the B league and the winner of the draft tournament gets the top pick.

iamgine
06-28-2022, 05:28 AM

tbh the NBA is a better system than the European football. Relegation is not without its drawback.

Baller789
06-28-2022, 07:32 AM
tbh the NBA is a better system than the European football. Relegation is not without its drawback.

The current NBA system is worse by far.

At least you have botton teams fighting for their lives trying to stay up in the NBA.

That would make regular season games more meaningful.

iamgine
06-28-2022, 07:40 AM
The current NBA system is worse by far.

At least you have botton teams fighting for their lives trying to stay up in the NBA.

That would make regular season games more meaningful.

I just don't think that's enough upside for the drawbacks.

Baller789
06-28-2022, 06:40 PM
I just don't think that's enough upside for the drawbacks.

For the fans it does.

For the owners of course not.