PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie is staying

Manny98
06-27-2022, 06:51 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRbjzrZb/Screenshot-2022-06-27-23-46-27-53-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

He's staying boys!

Y'all really thought he was leaving, eat shit :roll:

Simmons,KD, Curry,Harris, Kyrie

2023 final, Nets vs Warriors baby :rockon:

https://i.postimg.cc/9XSPL34F/kyrie-irving-dancing.gif

AirBonner
06-27-2022, 06:53 PM
11:36pm June 27th. No where in the untied states is it that time. Seems suspect

PWB15
06-27-2022, 06:53 PM
Lebron Fans is mad LOL

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kyrie-irving-exercises-player-option-to-remain-with-nets-next-season-224007120.html#:~:text=Brooklyn%20Nets%20star%20Ky rie%20Irving,the%20Nets%20and%20Kevin%20Durant.

Im Still Ballin
06-27-2022, 06:54 PM
Put pressure on the front office to make a deal. Nice.

AirBonner
06-27-2022, 06:54 PM
Either way KD ain’t staying with that headcase

Axe
06-27-2022, 06:55 PM
Probably uk time

Manny98
06-27-2022, 06:56 PM
Lebron Fans is mad LOL

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kyrie-irving-exercises-player-option-to-remain-with-nets-next-season-224007120.html#:~:text=Brooklyn%20Nets%20star%20Ky rie%20Irving,the%20Nets%20and%20Kevin%20Durant.

They really thought they were going to get Kyrie for the MLE :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Another year of misery for the LeFam coming up :roll:

FultzNationRISE
06-27-2022, 06:56 PM

Manny is in England

FultzNationRISE
06-27-2022, 06:57 PM
Kyrie Irving: “Normal people keep the world going, but those who dare to be different lead us into tomorrow. I’ve made my decision to opt in. See you in the fall. A11even.”

Cringe-rie :roll:

Goldrush25
06-27-2022, 07:34 PM
Either way KD ain’t staying with that headcase

KD knew he was a headcase when he came to BKN. KD just cares about what he can do on the court.

AirBonner
06-27-2022, 07:41 PM
KD knew he was a headcase when he came to BKN. KD just cares about what he can do on the court.

Problem is Kyrie is on the court half the time

tontoz
06-27-2022, 08:06 PM
This was the logical outcome but with Kyrie anything can happen. Glad to see the nets show some backbone.

Johnny32
06-27-2022, 08:07 PM
It sounded good but legoat needs players that love basketball and want to play every night. Kyrie isn't either of those things.

Real Men Wear Green
06-27-2022, 08:10 PM
I guess the dynasty continues.

Cyrus334
06-27-2022, 08:20 PM
Imagine being one of those delusional Lebron/Laker fans that actually thought Kyrie would sign with the Lakers for 6 million :lol

AlternativeAcc.
06-27-2022, 08:59 PM
Nice.

Durants greatness goes beyond the game itself... he's the reason irving is staying.

2023 champs.

PP34Deuce
06-27-2022, 09:16 PM
Irving had no one who wanted to do a sign and trade. He had to save face and it's better to take that 37M than pout and lower his value even more.

Kyrie will have a great year as you can tell his motivation is to get one last 150M dollar 4 5 year deal.

RRR3
06-27-2022, 09:22 PM
Do you not realize it’s because no one wants him besides the Lakers? And the Lakers have nothing to trade for him (besides AD or LeBron)?

Johnny32
06-27-2022, 09:43 PM
What if kyrie opted in to get bkn on the books for 30+ million then tells them his real list is one team...the lakers and he'll sit the season if he has to. Will lil dick op go into hiding again if this happens?

jstern
06-27-2022, 09:55 PM
Congratulations to Kyrie Irving and Manny98. :cheers:

Shooter
06-27-2022, 09:57 PM
Do you not realize it’s because no one wants him besides the Lakers? And the Lakers have nothing to trade for him (besides AD or LeBron)?

RussWest shhhhhh

RRR3
06-27-2022, 10:07 PM
RussWest shhhhhh
Westbrook’s value is a bag of Doritos.

Xiao Yao You
06-28-2022, 01:38 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRbjzrZb/Screenshot-2022-06-27-23-46-27-53-40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

He's staying boys!

and you're happy about it? You really are stupid aren't ya?

Axe
06-28-2022, 01:57 AM
Mitchell for irving!

Spurs m8
06-28-2022, 02:29 AM
Now all the LeCucks can go back to hating him

Embarrassing

KD, Kyrie and Simmons gonna be deadly

Xiao Yao You
06-28-2022, 03:01 AM
Mitchell for irving!

Clarkson maybe

Manny98
06-28-2022, 06:49 AM
and you're happy about it? You really are stupid aren't ya?
Can't quit me!

Sulico
06-28-2022, 07:01 AM
Nice.

Durants greatness goes beyond the game itself... he's the reason irving is staying.

2023 champs.

Ben Simmons is the difference between 1st round exit in a sweep and championship? Are you sure?

Spurs m8
06-28-2022, 07:04 AM
Ben Simmons is the difference between 1st round exit in a sweep and championship? Are you sure?

Kyrie not missing half the season does a lot for chemistry and entering the playoffs in a better position.

And yes, Ben will help, mainly on the defensive end and facilitating...he has a lot of options to pass too

Enough shooters to spread the floor and give Ben his shots too

GOBB
06-28-2022, 07:47 AM
Yeah Ben Simmons being considered deadly in the playoffs is laughable. Enough shooters to spread the floor? That’s never been a problem for Ben in his career. It’s his lack of offensive ability when it matters most that is the problem. Guy is an offensive liability in the half court. Has no balls. People like yourself bash Harden in the playoffs but ignore Ben Simmons? Make it make sense.

Manny98
06-28-2022, 08:06 AM
Yeah Ben Simmons being considered deadly in the playoffs is laughable. Enough shooters to spread the floor? That’s never been a problem for Ben in his career. It’s his lack of offensive ability when it matters most that is the problem. Guy is an offensive liability in the half court. Has no balls. People like yourself bash Harden in the playoffs but ignore Ben Simmons? Make it make sense.

When has Simmons played bad in the playoffs?

He was great against the Hawks, had the best plus minus on the team that series, did a great job guarding Trae Young

People expect him to be LeBron averaging 25+ game when actuality he's a better version of Draymond Green, with shooters all around him, Kyrie,KD,Curry and Harris we're about to witness the absolute best version of Simmons

And unlike Harden Simmons Actually plays defense so even if he's not impacting the game offensively, he's giving you all NBA level defense :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2022, 08:37 AM

hold this L
06-28-2022, 08:42 AM

He was great against the Hawks, had the best plus minus on the team that series, did a great job guarding Trae Young

People expect him to be LeBron averaging 25+ game when actuality he's a better version of Draymond Green, with shooters all around him, Kyrie,KD,Curry and Harris we're about to witness the absolute best version of Simmons

And unlike Harden Simmons Actually plays defense so even if he's not impacting the game offensively, he's giving you all NBA level defense :applause:
He had like 4 points in all 4th quarters in a 7 game series. Not average, total amount. EDIT: Looks like he had 6 points.

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1407043153689989128

PeroAntic
06-28-2022, 08:43 AM
Simmons is really an unknown as of this point. He could turn out to be great or a flop. But Manny won this round for sure with everyone trolling him about Kyrie leaving and in the end hes staying.

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Simmons is really an unknown as of this point. He could turn out to be great or a flop. But Manny won this round for sure with everyone trolling him about Kyrie leaving and in the end hes staying.

He's staying because he requested a trade and no one on the list wanted him enough to make a good offer. This isn't some deeply loyal guy this is a player that just got humbled and had to exercise his option to get paid.

tpols
06-28-2022, 09:01 AM
He had like 4 points in all 4th quarters in a 7 game series. Not average, total amount. EDIT: Looks like he had 6 points.

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1407043153689989128

Simmons doesn't have to be the Nets closer... They have KD, Kyrie, Curry, etc. He's basically their dray and the warriors just won a title with dray playing like shit on offense. Simmons can't be any worse. He's a better finisher and slasher than dray. Way taller and more athletic.

Kyrie
Curry
Harris
Durant
Simmons

Is a potential warriors style small ball death lineup.

PeroAntic
06-28-2022, 09:01 AM
He's staying because he requested a trade and no one on the list wanted him enough to make a good offer. This isn't some deeply loyal guy this is a player that just got humbled and had to exercise his option to get paid.

Theres no way to know that, and usually in these cases players are willing to wait and hold out for longer. Im not saying hes a loyal guy but in the end he stayed for whatever reason.

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2022, 09:12 AM
Theres no way to know that, and usually in these cases players are willing to wait and hold out for longer. Im not saying hes a loyal guy but in the end he stayed for whatever reason.

https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/1541438309423058945

hold this L
06-28-2022, 09:17 AM
Simmons doesn't have to be the Nets closer... They have KD, Kyrie, Curry, etc. He's basically their dray and the warriors just won a title with dray playing like shit on offense. Simmons can't be any worse. He's a better finisher and slasher than dray. Way taller and more athletic.

Kyrie
Curry
Harris
Durant
Simmons

He didn't need to be their closer in the Hawks series either, he just need to not be a mute offensively on some occasions. And Dray basically played like Simmons in the 4th as well in several games vs Boston, but we'll see how it pans out with KD and Kyrie. Lyrie is going play for his contract next season and Ben probably wants to wash the shame, KD is humiliated. So Nets are definitely going to be on a mission. I would shocked if they're not in the top 4 next season.

Manny98
06-28-2022, 09:20 AM

Kyrie
Curry
Harris
Durant
Simmons

This

And especially with the shooters that the Nets have to spread the floor we can expect more high scoring games from Simmons

https://youtu.be/EbezMUTAtg8

Manny98
06-28-2022, 09:21 AM
:hammertime:

ImKobe
06-28-2022, 09:22 AM
Nice. Can't end the KD/Irving era on a 1st round sweep in a season where 2 of the starters were injured. I expect BKN to make it out of the East if healthy next year.

tontoz
06-28-2022, 09:32 AM
People trash Ben's offense in the playoffs but give Dray a pass. In the playoffs Ben averaged 12 ppg shooting 62% last year. Warriors would be thrilled to get that from Dray.

GOBB
06-28-2022, 09:32 AM

Kyrie
Curry
Harris
Durant
Simmons

No one asked Ben to close out games. So mentioning this is irrelevant. He’s a better finisher and slasher than Draymond? The last time we saw Ben in Philly he passed up a wide open dunk underneath the rim to another offensive liability named Thybulle.

You’re claiming he’s the Draymond of the Nets. Purely on “stats”. When you have an eye test? When you evaluate what kind of player they are in critical moments, thru adversity? Draymond is a dog. Ben is a cat. And no “stats” can change that. No argument of “but but but he is a better finisher, slasher than Dray. He’s more athletic and taller!” can change that. It falls on deaf ears becuase Ben has moments to show he has these things and didn’t. We’ve seen Ben disappear 2nd half of games vs the Hawks. Didn’t even want the ball let alone attempt shots.

And lastly draymond has always been a “the box score doesn’t tell the whole story” guy. First I can’t stand draymond and I enjoy his triple singles. But he does things that don’t get recorded that helps the team out. Ben doesn’t. Heck draymond is an illegal screen setter and yet I’ve seen his team benefit off it.

So is there a remote possibility can have these same moments in the playoffs he botched with the sixers and do more. Whatever more is? Maybe in that moment he shows up or does the little things that he avoided in Philly. But the fact that fans are banking on this and acting like it’s a forgone conclusion he will is hilarious. The benefit of the doubt this guy gets after showing you what he’s been made of? Mind boggling.

But hey f*ck it let’s run with it. Ben is gonna be dangerous. Ben will be their draymond that ain’t hard. Ben makes nets dangerous. Look at Wiggins people counted out and he came up a champion. Ben can do it!

By the way guy missed the entire season last year. Roffles

GOBB
06-28-2022, 09:37 AM
People trash Ben's offense in the playoffs but give Dray a pass. In the playoffs Ben averaged 12 ppg shooting 62% last year. Warriors would be thrilled to get that from Dray.

Who gives draymond a pass? Who? Please highlight them. Them being ANYONE on planet earth not a diehard Warriors fan. We not going to keep talking out of our asses here. Everyone bashes draymond offense. He’s always been the butt of jokes. But for whatever reason his teams win. Why is that? One is a dog one is a putty cat. Ben Simmons passed up a wide open dunk at 6’10 240. It ain’t even just stats it’s the approach. It’s the fact that hey I’m sh*tying the bed on offense what else can I do to help? Dray finds a way ben doesn’t.

But yah Dray gets a pass for his offense. About as dumb as the other poster saying when has ben not shown up in the playoffs. Lol

GOBB
06-28-2022, 09:39 AM
This

And especially with the shooters that the Nets have to spread the floor we can expect more high scoring games from Simmons

https://youtu.be/EbezMUTAtg8

Ben Simmons and always had shooters around him. In fact he led the league in assisted 3’s. Never helped his offense but if it ain’t in transition? He’s an offensive liability in the half court and teams defend him as such. And he still doesn’t score.

tontoz
06-28-2022, 09:40 AM
Who gives draymond a pass? Who? Please highlight them. Them being ANYONE on planet earth not a diehard Warriors fan. We not going to keep talking out of our asses here. Everyone bashes draymond offense. He’s always been the butt of jokes. But for whatever reason his teams win. Why is that? One is a dog one is a putty cat. Ben Simmons passed up a wide open dunk at 6’10 240. It ain’t even just stats it’s the approach. It’s the fact that hey I’m sh*tying the bed on offense what else can I do to help? Dray finds a way ben doesn’t.

But yah Dray gets a pass for his offense. About as dumb as the other poster saying when has ben not shown up in the playoffs. Lol

You obviously havne't been following the Steph haters/Lebron stans on here. Dray could take a dump at half court and they would still defend him.

:oldlol:

AlternativeAcc is the ringleader, with 30 more posts in the Finals thread than anyone else.

Manny98
06-28-2022, 09:44 AM
Ben Simmons and always had shooters around him. In fact he led the league in assisted 3’s. Never helped his offense but if it ain’t in transition? He’s an offensive liability in the half court and teams defend him as such. And he still doesn’t score.

He had to play with Embiid who likes to dominate the ball and play in the post which is literally the absolute worst type of big man to pair next Simmons

On the Nets he can play at a fast pace a run the floor more often, it's no coincidence he had all of his best games when Embiid wasn't playing

GOBB
06-28-2022, 09:55 AM
You obviously havne't been following the Steph haters/Lebron stans on here. Dray could take a dump at half court and they would still defend him.

AlternativeAcc is the ringleader, with 30 more posts in the Finals thread than anyone else.

I’ll stand corrected than. I haven’t followed this board much but given it’s history? I can see that. Hahaha I take back and I said.

GOBB
06-28-2022, 09:57 AM
He had to play with Embiid who likes to dominate the ball and play in the post which is literally the absolute worst type of big man to pair next Simmons

On the Nets he can play at a fast pace a run the floor more often, it's no coincidence he had all of his best games when Embiid wasn't playing

Ben without embiid avg 15-8-7. Lol What are you talkin about? The one game he dropped 42 on Poopy Gobert?

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2022, 09:58 AM
Embiid was not bad for Simmons compared to other centers. Embiid had 3 point range. Now he is far better in the paint but most bigs can't shoot like Embiid.

What could make a difference is if the Nets get rid of the second big entirely and make Simmons a small ball 5. That gives Simmons the paint and let's him play like a point center. He might be great in a role like that...

If he plays.

hold this L
06-28-2022, 09:59 AM

:lol

You reminding me to bump that topic back

PeroAntic
06-28-2022, 10:09 AM
https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/1541438309423058945

Until/unless he actually leaves its irrelevant. There are lengths to which players are willing to go to change teams. Kyrie wasn't willing to go to these lengths.

Manny98
06-28-2022, 10:11 AM
Ben without embiid avg 15-8-7. Lol What are you talkin about? The one game he dropped 42 on Poopy Gobert?

Um no

Ben Simmons has averaged 17.8 points, 8.1 rebounds and 6.8 assists in 32 games without Joel Embiid between June 14, 2019 and June 14, 2022

In the playoffs his averages without Embiid are 23/8/10 and a 3-1 record :bowdown:

tontoz
06-28-2022, 10:13 AM
In theory Ben should work with two elite perimeter scorers like Kyrie and Durant. Curious to see how this plays out but KD has his hands full with two head cases.

hold this L
06-28-2022, 10:18 AM
In theory Ben should work with two elite perimeter scorers like Kyrie and Durant. Curious to see how this plays out but KD has his hands full with two head cases.

KD is also one of those headcases.

tontoz
06-28-2022, 10:25 AM
KD is also one of those headcases.

I am not sure i would put KD in the same category with those two. He doesn't have meltdowns on the court and isnt a cancer. He just acts childish on Twitter. He doesn't quit on his team.

When KD steps on the court his performance and effort level are pretty consistent.

tpols
06-28-2022, 10:35 AM
No one asked Ben to close out games. So mentioning this is irrelevant. He’s a better finisher and slasher than Draymond? The last time we saw Ben in Philly he passed up a wide open dunk underneath the rim to another offensive liability named Thybulle.

You’re claiming he’s the Draymond of the Nets. Purely on “stats”. When you have an eye test? When you evaluate what kind of player they are in critical moments, thru adversity? Draymond is a dog. Ben is a cat. And no “stats” can change that. No argument of “but but but he is a better finisher, slasher than Dray. He’s more athletic and taller!” can change that. It falls on deaf ears becuase Ben has moments to show he has these things and didn’t. We’ve seen Ben disappear 2nd half of games vs the Hawks. Didn’t even want the ball let alone attempt shots.

And lastly draymond has always been a “the box score doesn’t tell the whole story” guy. First I can’t stand draymond and I enjoy his triple singles. But he does things that don’t get recorded that helps the team out. Ben doesn’t. Heck draymond is an illegal screen setter and yet I’ve seen his team benefit off it.

So is there a remote possibility can have these same moments in the playoffs he botched with the sixers and do more. Whatever more is? Maybe in that moment he shows up or does the little things that he avoided in Philly. But the fact that fans are banking on this and acting like it’s a forgone conclusion he will is hilarious. The benefit of the doubt this guy gets after showing you what he’s been made of? Mind boggling.

But hey f*ck it let’s run with it. Ben is gonna be dangerous. Ben will be their draymond that ain’t hard. Ben makes nets dangerous. Look at Wiggins people counted out and he came up a champion. Ben can do it!

By the way guy missed the entire season last year. Roffles

There's no need to be so angry and salty my friend. Everybody knows Bens strengths are his play making big man ballhandling, and his defense. Just like Dray. You say Dray is a dog but he's a retarded one. He's a dog off the leash. Ben Simmons is a far more talented player. And he does all the things dray does but better.

You guys in Philly wanted Simmons to be a secondary scorer or closer next to Embiid which was dumb. Ben doesn't have that problem on the nets, we roll 4 snipers deep with kyrie and kd in the clutch.

Gonna have you clutching your purse next spring if the Nets face the Sixers, you gonna get stole on my guy. :pimp:

hold this L
06-28-2022, 10:37 AM
I am not sure i would put KD in the same category with those two. He doesn't have meltdowns on the court and isnt a cancer. He just acts childish on Twitter. He doesn't quit on his team.

When KD steps on the court his performance and effort level are pretty consistent.
He hasn't spoken to management in weeks throughout the entire Kyrie situation, and he was caught liking Jaylen Brown to Nets for KD tweets before unclicking it recently (according to that other website).

tontoz
06-28-2022, 10:43 AM
He hasn't spoken to management in weeks throughout the entire Kyrie situation, and he was caught liking Jaylen Brown to Nets for KD tweets before unclicking it recently (according to that other website).

Twitter nonsense doesn't interest me.

In his mind i'm guessing he was just staying out of the Nets-Kyrie contract negotiations, but was probably annoyed by it. It is the offseason and he is under contract. He isn't obligated to be in contact with the team in the summer.

tpols
06-28-2022, 10:49 AM
Ben without embiid avg 15-8-7

15 ppg sounds like a fairy tale dream for dray to accomplish nowadays. That would be game breaking from him.

hold this L
06-28-2022, 11:20 AM
Twitter nonsense doesn't interest me.

In his mind i'm guessing he was just staying out of the Nets-Kyrie contract negotiations, but was probably annoyed by it. It is the offseason and he is under contract. He isn't obligated to be in contact with the team in the summer.

Doesn't matter if it interests you or not, you're not part of the team. As the leader of the team,

- You choosing to ignore the FO during a period where the second best player is acting like a maniac is cancer behavior. You think they didn't message him to try to get Kyrie in line? Cancer move #1.
- Second is KD saying he's not getting involved or talking to Kyrie about the situation at all. How are you not going to try to get things in order? Cancer move #2.
- Just because you don't care, him liking a tweet about him going to the Celtics is a horrendous look and makes it hard for the coach and management. Let alone the 13 players that are going to ride with you for the rest of the season. Cancer move #3.

FilmyCogTurner
06-28-2022, 11:27 AM
Doesn't matter if it interests you or not, you're not part of the team. As the leader of the team,

- You choosing to ignore the FO during a period where the second best player is acting like a maniac is cancer behavior. You think they didn't message him to try to get Kyrie in line? Cancer move #1.
- Second is KD saying he's not getting involved or talking to Kyrie about the situation at all. How are you not going to try to get things in order? Cancer move #2.
- Just because you don't care, him liking a tweet about him going to the Celtics is a horrendous look and makes it hard for the coach and management. Let alone the 13 players that are going to ride with you for the rest of the season. Cancer move #3.

Agreed. Currently I am reading a Kobe Bryant book and I think us fans easily forget NBA players are people with too with egos and biases and little **** yous when they feel slighted. That shit matters.

tontoz
06-28-2022, 11:32 AM

So not interfering in the contract negotiations of a teammate makes him a cancer? My read on this is that he is just staying out of another man's money, which is understandable.

If he had meddled it very easily could have made things worse.

KD is under contract and this is the offseason. He isn't obligated to talk to mgt at all now.

PeroAntic
06-28-2022, 11:53 AM
Yeah Durant is also a diva, a weirdo and low key low IQ person. Hes just more introvert than Kyrie. Kyrie is basically just a more extreme version of him.

Xiao Yao You
06-28-2022, 11:56 AM
Can't quit me!

never claimed to quit you unlike a couple of others who claimed to quit me but can't for some sick reason

Xiao Yao You
06-28-2022, 11:58 AM

3-7 vs Gobert that game. He must made a hell of a lot of FT's that game! :facepalm

hold this L
06-28-2022, 11:58 AM
So not interfering in the contract negotiations of a teammate makes him a cancer? My read on this is that he is just staying out of another man's money, which is understandable.

If he had meddled it very easily could have made things worse.

KD is under contract and this is the offseason. He isn't obligated to talk to mgt at all now.

Yeah, you do.. That's the responsibility of a leader. You get things in order or attempt to do so. You're sound like KD who thinks his job is only to hoop. It's not. A superstar great's responsibility isn't the same level as a 15th player on the team getting paid on the vet min.

And don't play dumb, FOH with that nonsense of he isn't obligated to talk to management. :facepalm If he doesn't want to be a cancer, he absolutely should talk to management if they want to talk to him. Even moreso when the second best player is acting a fool and turning things upside down.

Agreed. Currently I am reading a Kobe Bryant book and I think us fans easily forget NBA players are people with too with egos and biases and little **** yous when they feel slighted. That shit matters.
Of course. The idea that guys are going to see KD thinking about joining other teams and be totally cool with it is delusional.

tontoz
06-28-2022, 12:04 PM
Yeah, you do.. That's the responsibility of a leader. You get things in order or attempt to do so. You're sound like KD who thinks his job is only to hoop. It's not. A superstar great's responsibility isn't the same level as a 15th player on the team getting paid on the vet min.

And don't play dumb, FOH with that nonsense of he isn't obligated to talk to management. :facepalm If he doesn't want to be a cancer, he absolutely should talk to management if they want to talk to him. Even moreso when the second best player is acting a fool and turning things upside down.

You think KD would have been a help in Kyrie's contract talks?

:roll:

If you have any examples of star players interfering with the contract negotiations of teammates feel free to share. My understanding is that players consider that somewhat taboo.

The nets got what they wanted so it is pretty hard to say KD behavior hurt the team. Kyrie opted in. What do you think the nets wanted him to do?

ImKobe
06-28-2022, 12:11 PM

It should work but it comes down to how much off-ball movement there is around him. KD, Kyrie, Seth and Joe Harris is more spacing than Ben's ever had around him. Philly obviously had shooters too and Seth went off when he played with Ben so I expect more of the same in Brooklyn. You saw all the wide open buckets they gave up to Bruce Brown and how deadly the KD and Claxton/Drummond P&R was at times, I think the Nets should be a much better team with Simmons on both ends of the court.

hold this L
06-28-2022, 12:12 PM
You think KD would have been a help in Kyrie's contract talks?

:roll:

If you have any examples of star players interfering with the contract negotiations of teammates feel free to share. My understanding is that players consider that somewhat taboo.
Steph and Lebron have talked to their teammates. Steph went to NY to talk to Kevin for example.

The nets got what they wanted so it is pretty hard to say KD behavior hurt the team. Kyrie opted in. What do you think the nets wanted him to do?
Nets got what they wanted because they knew Kyrie's dumbass had no angle. He either signs with them or pisses away 30 million $. Nets probably wanted KD to talk to management. Knowing the cancer brothers, he purposely ignored the Nets to put more pressure on them to give little bro what he wanted. KD's always been a massive drama, last two years with the Warriors was like being on TMZ on a weekly basis.

tontoz
06-28-2022, 12:21 PM
Steph and Lebron have talked to their teammates. Steph went to NY to talk to Kevin for example.

Nets got what they wanted because they knew Kyrie's dumbass had no angle. He either signs with them or pisses away 30 million $. Nets probably wanted KD to talk to management. Knowing the cancer brothers, he purposely ignored the Nets to put more pressure on them to give little bro what he wanted. KD's always been a massive drama, last two years with the Warriors was like being on TMZ on a weekly basis.

Uhhh...no. Steph recruiting KD isn't even remotely comparable. There was never any question about whether KD would get the max or not.

Since Kyrie had no angle there is certainly no reason to bring drama queen KD into the negotiations.

Johnny32
06-30-2022, 07:44 PM
What if kyrie opted in to get bkn on the books for 30+ million then tells them his real list is one team...the lakers and he'll sit the season if he has to. Will lil dick op go into hiding again if this happens?

Stephen A. Smith: "Kyrie Irving is telling everybody he plans on going to L.A., meaning the Lakers, as soon as he possibly can"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10040619-stephen-a-smith-kyrie-irving-telling-everybody-hell-join-lebron-james-lakers

where op go doe?

8Ball
06-30-2022, 07:50 PM

This is the best July 1st ever.

Sitting here after doing 8 sets of deep squats. Drinking my protein shake.

And seeing Durant's team implode.

And1AllDay
06-30-2022, 10:38 PM

This is the best July 1st ever.

Sitting here after doing 8 sets of deep squats. Drinking my protein shake.

And seeing Durant's team implode.

issa beautiful thing

hold this L
06-30-2022, 10:43 PM
Still don't think KD is cancer tontoz?

Derka
07-01-2022, 04:20 PM
The fool asked for permission to pursue sign-and-trades and nobody f*cking wanted him and the Lakers have nothing to trade with that Brooklyn wants. Of course he opted in. Now he's an expiring deal which actually lends him some f*cking value.

"Bypassing multiple options" What a crock of shit. :oldlol:

tontoz
07-01-2022, 04:35 PM
Still don't think KD is cancer tontoz?

Lol no. Drama queen who makes bad off court decisons? Yes.

But when it's time to play he will show up and play hard.

k0kakw0rld
07-02-2022, 08:27 PM

He's staying boys!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

And1AllDay
07-02-2022, 11:29 PM
oh my dear manneth...r.i.p.

1987_Lakers
07-02-2022, 11:32 PM

He's staying boys!

Ooof

And1AllDay
07-02-2022, 11:35 PM

He's staying boys!

this what they call a jinx thread? :oldlol: