PDA

View Full Version : John Wall reaches buyout with the Rockets; Plans to sign with the Clippers

Smook A.
06-27-2022, 10:04 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-john-wall-rockets-agree-to-contract-buyout-to-allow-5-time-all-star-to-enter-free-agency-012614800.html

The Rockets have agreed to a buyout of the final year of Wall's massive contract, sources told Yahoo Sports, paving the way for the five-time All-Star to resurrect his career with a competitive team.

Wall’s agent Rich Paul, CEO of Klutch Sports, is meeting with Rockets general manager Rafael Stone on Tuesday to finalize the terms, sources said.

It expected Wall will give back approximately $7 million in salary to hit the open market, sources said. He picked up his $47.4 million player option before the buyout.

He will automatically become one of the top free agents in the 2022 class, though Wall intends to sign with the Los Angeles Clippers upon clearing waivers, sources said.

Assuming Wall stays healthy along with PG and Kawhi, Clippers will be a team to look out for in the West

BigKobeFan
06-27-2022, 10:16 PM
No one wants to play with bran

FultzNationRISE
06-27-2022, 10:18 PM
"Of course you pay Wall the max!"

SouBeachTalents
06-27-2022, 10:21 PM
No one wants to play with bran
That's too bad, he, LeBron & Westbrook would've made for a perfect trio.

Xiao Yao You
06-27-2022, 10:35 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-john-wall-rockets-agree-to-contract-buyout-to-allow-5-time-all-star-to-enter-free-agency-012614800.html

Assuming Wall stays healthy along with PG and Kawhi, Clippers will be a team to look out for in the West

5 years since he played half a season. Good luck with that. That's why I couldn't understand sitting out last year after all the time missed previously

Spurs m8
06-27-2022, 10:37 PM
Will they though?

Is he even any good still?

And Kawhi might still have a sore vag

Clippersfan86
06-27-2022, 11:33 PM
Will they though?

Is he even any good still?

And Kawhi might still have a sore vag

Lol

Johnny32
06-27-2022, 11:38 PM
5 years since he played half a season. Good luck with that. That's why I couldn't understand sitting out last year after all the time missed previously

hou made him sit? they couldn't agree on his role with the team. sounds like he thinks he's still a star.

Xiao Yao You
06-27-2022, 11:58 PM
hou made him sit? they couldn't agree on his role with the team. sounds like he thinks he's still a star.

and he agreed to sit. If he really wanted to play he could have gotten the union involved. Put up 20 a game on a bad team in half a season. He was obviously their best player still

Johnny32
06-28-2022, 12:26 AM
He was getting paid. The players union can't do shit about a team not wanting to play someone. No one would trade for him, not even lal with westbrook, and he wouldn't take a buyout last yr...too much money on the table.

999Guy
06-28-2022, 12:32 AM
John Wall has been terrible for years. Saying he was anything but dogshit in Houston is literally lying.

Ty Lue has rejuvenated Reggie Jackson and Nicholas Batum so there’s a lot of hope. But he was terrible.

Shot selection horrid. Gambling and whiffing on defense. Really only makes passes to the corners. No real playmaking diversity.

Wall’s game had so little substance when I watched him in Houston. No tricks of the trade, or vet moves. He’s much like Westbrook.

ClipperRevival
06-28-2022, 01:04 AM
I think it would be a terrible move by the Clips. As currently constructed, if healthy, I think they are as good as anyone.

ImKobe
06-28-2022, 09:09 AM
John Wall has been terrible for years. Saying he was anything but dogshit in Houston is literally lying.

Ty Lue has rejuvenated Reggie Jackson and Nicholas Batum so there’s a lot of hope. But he was terrible.

Shot selection horrid. Gambling and whiffing on defense. Really only makes passes to the corners. No real playmaking diversity.

Wall’s game had so little substance when I watched him in Houston. No tricks of the trade, or vet moves. He’s much like Westbrook.

Bro he was playing on a tanking team. Wall in Washington was a damn good player on both ends. Obviously he's not longer the fastest player in the league like he used to be, but having him in a role player/6th man role is a massive W for the Clippers.

Oladipo had a similar string of injuries with him not playing even half a season since 2018, and he was valuable for the Heat and why they were able to be competitive against Boston and almost get to the Finals despite Lowry's and Butler's injuries. His shooting numbers weren't great but he gave them 1 or 2 good offensive games in a series and played hard on defense. Wall's not going to be the 3rd guy on the team, but he'll give you 1 or 2 good games a series if you need him to, which can be enough to swing Clippers' title hopes. I'd expect Reggie Jackson to get more minutes but Wall is a nice option to have in case of injuries and/or foul trouble.

Proctor
06-28-2022, 03:45 PM
Great move and he still has plenty left. Not the player he was but still very good.