PDA

View Full Version : The Clippers are stacked and winning it all next year

coastalmarker99
06-27-2022, 10:06 PM
The Clippers have serious potential to be one of the all-time great teams If Wall has the Batum/Jackson bounce back as they are legit 12-13 deep with starting-calibre players…

I see them winning over 60 games and then cruising to a title next season.

SouBeachTalents
06-27-2022, 10:10 PM
Let's see Kawhi make it through a single season before making threads like this. He needs to prove he can actually stay on the court before I consider the Clippers legitimate contenders.

coastalmarker99
06-27-2022, 10:12 PM
Let's see Kawhi make it through a single season before making threads like this. He needs to prove he can actually stay on the court before I consider the Clippers legitimate contenders.

The Clippers only need Kawhi for the postseason.

They have the luxury with their depth of just playing him 45 to 50 games in the regular season and letting PG and other carry the load.

coastalmarker99
06-27-2022, 10:18 PM
John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Jason Preston
Norman Powell / Terance Mann / Brandon Boston Jr
Kawhi Leonard / Luke Kennard / Jay Scrubb
Paul George / Marcus Morris Sr. / Nicolas Batum
Robert Covington / Ivica Zubac / Moussa Diabate

That is an incredible roster that the Clippers have put together around their two stars.

SouBeachTalents
06-27-2022, 10:19 PM
The Clippers only need Kawhi for the postseason.

They have the luxury with their depth of just playing him 45 to 50 games in the regular season and letting PG and other carry the load.
Even that is far from a guarantee. He had the great 2019 title run, but over the last few playoffs he's gotten injured twice and had a GOAT level choke.

kawhileonard2
06-27-2022, 10:21 PM
Kawhi is back. Had the GOAT title in 2019 while Durant was on the floor.

Shooter
06-27-2022, 10:21 PM

+1

Let's also hope he doesn't run into Jokic with a 3-1 lead. We alll saw what King Jokic did to that boy.

kawhileonard2
06-27-2022, 10:23 PM
Let's see Lebron win for the franchise that drafted him and multiple titles.

Axe
06-27-2022, 10:24 PM
Lol no way ty lue is gonna lead that team to a championship.

GrayGoat
06-27-2022, 10:28 PM
Kawhi is still injured

Spurs m8
06-27-2022, 10:38 PM
Kawhi is back. Had the GOAT title in 2019 while Durant was on the floor.

What?

They only won the title coz KD and Klay went down

Spurs m8
06-27-2022, 10:39 PM
Lol no way ty lue is gonna lead that team to a championship.

Hes literally done it before, you braindead cvnt

Full Court
06-27-2022, 10:45 PM
I don't know....

I'd wouldn't mind seeing the Clips win it all. But I had them as favorites in 2020. I thought they were going to win it in 2021 also. At this point I've given up on them staying healthy.

hold this L
06-28-2022, 01:09 AM
Honestly they're looking really, really good. Now that they got Wall, they're basically a 8 seed in the West without PG and Kawhi. With them, I guess I'll wait to see how Kawhi looks. If he's back to OG Kawhi, that's an instant contender.

ClipperRevival
06-28-2022, 01:10 AM
John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Jason Preston
Norman Powell / Terance Mann / Brandon Boston Jr
Kawhi Leonard / Luke Kennard / Jay Scrubb
Paul George / Marcus Morris Sr. / Nicolas Batum
Robert Covington / Ivica Zubac / Moussa Diabate

That is an incredible roster that the Clippers have put together around their two stars.

Wall would make this team worse IMO. Chemistry matters in bball and there is a thing as too many chefs.

Only thing Clips might need is another legit big besides Zubac but they can play small ball with Batum or Morris at C. But another legit big is probably needed for the playoffs. But everything else, they are set. Health is the only question.

TheGoatest
06-28-2022, 01:32 AM
Kawhi, Paul George and John Wall will play 82 games... Combined.

2much_knowledge
06-28-2022, 01:36 AM
Its so frustrating to be a fan of this team, knowing the have enough to win it all but just cant catch a damn break with the injuries

Axe
06-28-2022, 01:52 AM
Its so frustrating to be a fan of this team, knowing the have enough to win it all but just cant catch a damn break with the injuries
They underchieve a lot every season as a franchise.

TheGoatest
06-28-2022, 03:18 AM

You can say that for like 10 other teams. :oldlol:
There are about 10 teams who can win the championship next season. And the one who will win is the one who will avoid injuries the most. Just like this last season. With the exception of the Suns. They just plain choked. Just like the Clippers in the bubble, who had all of their players playing.

Phoenix
06-28-2022, 04:54 AM

I'd amend that to say let's see if he can make it through November without load managing.

Sulico
06-28-2022, 06:44 AM
Why people keep bringing up Clippers. They are done. They remind me 1997- Rockets with Barkley. They have some aged star power and can compete with some teams, but no chance they beating Warriors, Memphis, Mavs or healthy Nuggets.

Manny98
06-28-2022, 06:53 AM
:roll:

NBAGOAT
06-28-2022, 07:34 AM
clippers have too much depth, you need at most 9 rotation guys in the playoffs. clippers need more injury insurance than most teams but 13 is overkill. i'm fine with wall signing as a backup but this means they're less likely to look for an upgrade at pg. center is the position to upgrade most likely by trading morris but i would be fine with zubac/hartenstein because theyre going go small in the playoffs vs most teams.

Johnny32
06-28-2022, 07:36 AM
i wouldn't be shocked. all i saw in these playoffs were posers. probably why the ratings dramatically declined after the 1st rd.

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2022, 08:33 AM
Kawhi Leonard is only 31. I had thought he was older. But still should be in prime just by age. The question is how he bounces back. Don't think we've ever seen a superstar his age that had missed multiple seasons due to injury and came back great. At this point any prediction you might make is more about what you want to see happen than what you actually know. In spite of leading the Raptors to aring he hasn't played over 60 games in a season since 2018. The way he deals with injuries is most likely wise. Teams don't have players long-term health in mind. But it makes relying on him potentially brutal.

Wally450
06-28-2022, 10:51 AM
They look good on paper, but let's see how it plays out on the court. We haven't seen Wall or Kawhi play a game in over a year. Let's see what they've got.

Shogon
06-28-2022, 11:01 AM

There's nothing to "catch a break with."

Kawhi is permanently injured. I am not joking or exaggerating... he literally is. He has a degenerative condition with his quads I believe and maybe his knees as well.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2022, 11:31 AM
Wall addresses two huge problems for the Clippers. Shots at the rim (they ranked 29th last year) and playmaking/passing. If anyone watches the Clippers enough they will see outside of Mann and Kawhi, nobody else attacks the paint much. It’s a jumpshot happy team.

So that dimension of putting pressure on the D with more drives is huge. But first and foremost, despite what we think, Wall is a pass first PG. In a smaller role, with two stars people will see how good he is. His court vision is fantastic, people just don’t know because they get caught up in the highlights. This is a guy with a lot to prove. On his most stacked team ever, in his smallest role maybe. My guess is Lue has him focusing on playmaking and getting back to defense.

As for the Clips.. this could go down as the deepest 12 man rotation ever and be a better version of the 2019 Raptors in that way. First have to be healthy though, which is a big IF.