PDA

View Full Version : I've never really understood the Kyrie Irving hype

Walk on Water
06-27-2022, 10:52 PM
Give him credit for hitting the game winning shot in 2016. He had a really good series. But you have to look at someone's whole career, not just one series.

He has mostly had problems with his team. Him and Lebron didn't work out. That's not all of Kyrie's fault, but then he went to Boston and that didn't work out. Then he went to the Nets to form a superteam and he ended up getting swept. That was a failed experiment.

Also, Kyrie comes with a lot of problems. He never even plays most of the time. If it's not injury, then it's because he's not happy about something or he refuses to take the vaccine. Even if you agree with his position about the vaccine, it doesn't matter. Then it's an injury or he's protesting or he's not getting along with is team. The point is that he always has something going on with him.

And is he really that good? Him and KD got swept by the Celtics. The Warriors didn't get swept by no Celtic team. I get that Kyrie has good handles, but how is his defense? Has he ever averaged 30 points in a season? Was he ever in serious consideration for MVP? He's good, but he ain't a top superstar in the NBA. He's 2nd tier, maybe at best. If he could at least play full seasons without drama, then maybe he'd be more worthy.

The guy just wants attention. That's why he said the Earth was flat. He'll do anything for views. What a weird guy.

Full Court
06-27-2022, 11:11 PM
Have you seen him play?

If you did, you'd understand the hype.

GrayGoat
06-27-2022, 11:13 PM
He woooped your favorite player curry op

Atlantis
06-27-2022, 11:17 PM
50 40 90 on 27 ppg

Axe
06-27-2022, 11:33 PM
:roll:

Johnny32
06-27-2022, 11:42 PM
his stock has dropped significantly since 2016 so this isn't really a hot take.

Spurs m8
06-28-2022, 12:28 AM
Ok

Walk on Water
06-28-2022, 12:37 AM

I already addressed he had a good series in 2016. But other than that, he's been a disappointment. Everyone would agree Curry is the better player than Irving. And Irving got whooped the next year 4-1 and got swept playing with Kevin Durant. Irving is a 2nd tier star.

Walk on Water
06-28-2022, 12:43 AM
Have you seen him play?

If you did, you'd understand the hype.

Come on, when was the last time he really played?

plowking
06-28-2022, 01:50 AM
Kyrie is a weird one for me.

Players like him and Simmons I believe should be stripped of their pay and fined for the stupid shit they do like sitting out for no good reason...

But Kyrie is probably the most fun player to watch in the league, or ever for me as far as "little" guys go.

As far as his value on a team, I think beside a guy like Bron or Simmons who take the majority of the time away in terms of creating for others - he is a perfect fit. Not sure why Brooklyn is blowing it up, since I think they win a title with their team. He is one of the best iso scorers in the league.