PDA

View Full Version : Clippers re-sign Ivica Zubac for 3/33 million.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2022, 10:18 PM
https://twitter.com/tomerazarly/status/1541959203769556992

Fair deal for both sides. Now they just need to re-sign Batum and move Morris for a perfect squad.

999Guy
06-28-2022, 10:41 PM
Role players tend to be much more volatile than stars. A lot of Clippers role players had down years. A couple guys need to be elite or close like RoCo for the Clippers to contend.

They have a bunch of guys who could step up. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have a GS kind of turn around and just dominate the West.

This is it for them. If they don’t get it this year they won’t ever.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2022, 10:46 PM
Role players tend to be much more volatile than stars. A lot of Clippers role players had down years. A couple guys need to be elite or close like RoCo for the Clippers to contend.

They have a bunch of guys who could step up. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have a GS kind of turn around and just dominate the West.

First part I’m not sure. Outside of Reggie Jackson who was asked to be a 1st option (when he would normally be 4th or 5th) with no PG/Kawhi/Powell most of year who had a down year? The Clippers got 42 wins and the 8 seed literally on the backs of reclamation projects. Role players. Guys supposedly washed or useless like Jackson, Covington, Hartenstein, Batum. 2nd round picks or undrafted like Mann, Coffey.

No team has done better the last few years at finding good role players from nowhere, or rejuvenating guys. They’ve become very Spurs like in that regard. Which is needed because they suck at drafting compared to teams like the Warriors, Nuggets, Raptors.

As for the last part, I agree completely. It’s title or bust this year. This may be the best chance they will have for a very long time.

hold this L
06-28-2022, 11:27 PM

Why is this it for them? If they don't win in 2023, why can't they win in say 2024?

90sgoat
06-29-2022, 02:11 PM
Absolutely incredible that you can get a post monster, rebounder and rim protector for $11 million a year, but you need to pay any guard basically a max to keep them.