View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets should just keep Durant

iamgine
07-01-2022, 11:40 AM
They played hardball with Kyrie

Might as well do it with Durant

With that contract, what's he gonna do? Not play? :lol

SouBeachTalents
07-01-2022, 11:43 AM
It's just an untenable situation. Why keep around a guy who doesn't want to be there, will obv not put forward maximum effort, that will bring a negative presence to the locker room and the organization in general. Just cut your losses, and get the maximum return you can for both him & Kyrie.

iamgine
07-01-2022, 11:56 AM
It's just an untenable situation. Why keep around a guy who doesn't want to be there, will obv not put forward maximum effort, that will bring a negative presence to the locker room and the organization in general. Just cut your losses, and get the maximum return you can for both him & Kyrie.

People change their minds all the time. Now he doesn't wanna be there. But maybe mid-season he change his mind.

Also, not everyone is Harden who got fat and gave no effort. Some people have professionalism. Not sure Durant is one of them but they can just trade him anytime.

pegasus
07-01-2022, 12:14 PM
I also think they should keep him. They have a very good team if they can stay healthy, and I really want to see him and Kyrie with Simmons. On paper that should work nicely, especially factoring in their other sharp shooters. I have hope that Kyrie will behave better this year, knowing it's his contract year and he saw how low his value has diminished when he considered opting out of his last year.

That is unless Kyrie is adamant about going to the Lakers, and KD knows that and does not want to be jilted, so he's trying to jump ship first.

FultzNationRISE
07-01-2022, 12:26 PM
People change their minds all the time. Now he doesn't wanna be there. But maybe mid-season he change his mind.

Also, not everyone is Harden who got fat and gave no effort. Some people have professionalism. Not sure Durant is one of them but they can just trade him anytime.

The thing is, it’s not a good team anyway. They arent gonna win with these two. Might as well just say good riddance.

Axe
07-01-2022, 12:30 PM
I also think they should keep him. They have a very good team if they can stay healthy, and I really want to see him and Kyrie with Simmons. On paper that should work nicely, especially factoring in their other sharp shooters. I have hope that Kyrie will behave better this year, knowing it's his contract year and he saw how low his value has diminished when he considered opting out of his last year.

That is unless Kyrie is adamant about going to the Lakers, and KD knows that and does not want to be jilted, so he's trying to jump ship first.
Lol he won't unless he learns to grow up.

tontoz
07-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Yeah Durant signed a 4 year deal just last year. He has no leverage. I would like to see the Nets play hardball here.

Sets a bad precedent to sign a long term deal then ask for a trade before it even goes into effect. :facepalm

Johnny32
07-01-2022, 12:55 PM
What star hasn't got traded that's wanted out recently? Seems like they almost always get their way.

pandiani17
07-01-2022, 12:59 PM
I think if they play hardball with him it might work out. After all, KD loves basketball and I won't think he will sit out the last years of his prime.

iamgine
07-01-2022, 09:40 PM
I think if they play hardball with him it might work out. After all, KD loves basketball and I won't think he will sit out the last years of his prime.

I think so too. Plus his team is still contender worthy.

kawhileonard2
07-02-2022, 06:55 PM
Durant will play if healthy. Issue is he hasn’t been healthy all that much.

Xiao Yao You
07-02-2022, 06:57 PM
people still thinking the Nets can be great :lol

Real Men Wear Green
07-02-2022, 07:05 PM
I am all for this. I want as much drama and dysfunction over there as possible.

Axe
07-02-2022, 07:14 PM
Brooklyn's FO had him on payroll for that whole season he didn't play due to achilles. He also vouched for kyrie to get them playing together for a while that also led to harden's eventual demise in the team and even encouraged the nets to grant jordan's ridiculous contract. All those only for him to have the biggest off-season meltdown rn and ask for a trade elsewhere.

Real Men Wear Green
07-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Brooklyn's FO had him on payroll for that whole season he didn't play due to achilles. He also vouched for kyrie to get them playing together for a while that also led to harden's eventual demise in the team and even encouraged the nets to grant jordan's ridiculous contract. All those only for him to have the biggest off-season meltdown rn and ask for a trade elsewhere.

I think they knew that him and Irving came with the understanding that they would get to run the team so when the team got sick of Irving bs they could have this scenario.

Axe
07-02-2022, 07:41 PM
I think they knew that him and Irving came with the understanding that they would get to run the team so when the team got sick of Irving bs they could have this scenario.
Yep, seems they have been manipulated and this is currently the result. A ticking time bomb.

8Ball
07-02-2022, 08:17 PM
The owners will **** the players in the next CBO over max contracts demanding trades like this.

John8204
07-03-2022, 05:28 AM
Brooklyn won't play hardball because they see how treating players like crap does for your team (Hi KNICKS) dumping payroll and starting over with Ben Simmons isn't a terrible thing

Druckenmiller
07-03-2022, 06:55 PM
The entitlement era of American basketball players in insufferable. KD, Bent Simmons, Kylie, HardOn, etc., make incels look mentally tough.

Spurs m8
07-03-2022, 07:16 PM
The entitlement era of American basketball players in insufferable. KD, Bent Simmons, Kylie, HardOn, etc., make incels look mentally tough.

So fvcking bad

Terrible era of basketball

Axe
07-03-2022, 07:25 PM
Kd wanting to go back to the west because adversity in the east got much tougher than it was before.

FKAri
07-03-2022, 07:27 PM

Blame the owners who every lockout kept caving to the players and gave them the power to do this.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2022, 10:11 PM

I know.

Anyone who watched the late 80s/early 90s and is watching the beta, soft sh*t today can't stand it. These girls can't even play 82 games anymore. Everything about this era is marshmallow soft.

ClipperRevival
07-04-2022, 10:13 PM
And agreed with OP, keep KD and make him suffer. KD is the biggest b*tch in NBA history.