PDA

View Full Version : John Wall signs with Clippers

E_Stamkos
07-01-2022, 05:40 PM
2 years at $13.2 million.

I know this seems like a nothing-burger but I'm expecting a fairly big off season for this team. Their window with this core is rapidly closing so I anticipate some urgency to improve.

He put up 20 ppg on a garbage Houston team in 20-21 and is coming off an entire year's rest. Could be interesting.

:confusedshrug:

FultzNationRISE
07-01-2022, 05:48 PM
He’s the kind of guy their opponent’s will hope to see getting minutes.

pandiani17
07-01-2022, 05:55 PM
Not sure about him. He looks a good fit on paper, however I am not sure about his past injuries and how might get along with Kawhi and PG13. We'll see.

tontoz
07-01-2022, 06:17 PM
Prior too his injuries his big problems were defensive effort and trying to do too much on offense. He loved to take midrange pull-up jumpers early in the clock which he sucks at. He was also frequently out of control on his drives throwing up desperation heaves trying to get bailed out by the refs.

What he does well is attack on the break, beat guys off the dribble and kick out to open shooters.

I always believed he would be a better player taking fewer shots.

bizil
07-01-2022, 07:25 PM
IF this was pre-injury Wall, this would be enough to put the clips over the top for sure. He was a 5 time all Star, All Defense team, 20 PPG-10 dimes PG. And one of the most freakish athletic PG's ever.

The Clips don't have a true FLOOR GENERAL type of PG on the squad. With the Clips, 15 PPG-8-9 dimes is plenty enough. This could be an underrated move THAT COULD STILL put the Clips in position to win a chip.

Spurs m8
07-01-2022, 08:11 PM
Not sure about him. He looks a good fit on paper, however I am not sure about his past injuries and how might get along with Kawhi and PG13. We'll see.

Him and Kawhi are both glass made thieves...

I'm sure they get along well

Meticode
07-01-2022, 08:31 PM
Well, let's see how this turns out. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point during the season George, Lenoard and Wall are all injured and out of the lineup at the exact same time with their track records. I hope they do well though and are competitive. 75% of 2017 John Wall would be an upgrade.