PDA

View Full Version : Javale McGee to Mavs is an underrated signing

90sgoat
07-03-2022, 09:40 AM
No thread on this pickup?

I've been a fan of McGee for some years now, for Lakers and for Warriors. He's getting up there in age, but he's turned into a very reliable, still athletic center, that can bully small ball teams and protect the rim.

With him and Christian Wood and Dwight Powell, I would say Mavs have some options here. I'd preferably like a younger rim protector, but it is what it is.

Provided Wood and McGee stays healthy, I would say Mavs have solved their one glaring weakness from last playoffs.

Next up they need to find a replacement for Brunson.

I think it was a huge mistake not to go after Donte DeVicenzo who is now with Warriors, but we'll see what is available.

iamgine
07-03-2022, 10:26 AM
He joined the team that beats him.

Im Still Ballin
07-03-2022, 11:17 AM
You're right, it's a good signing.

Full Court
07-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Agreed. McGee is a very underrated role player. I've noticed he really disrupts the opposition's offense when he comes off the bench.

I'll be interested to see if the Mavs fix some of last year's problems with their new lineup.

90sgoat
07-03-2022, 05:59 PM
You're right, it's a good signing.

It is isn't it.

Agreed. McGee is a very underrated role player. I've noticed he really disrupts the opposition's offense when he comes off the bench.

I'll be interested to see if the Mavs fix some of last year's problems with their new lineup.

If they can stay healthy, both McGee and Wood, then I don't think the center position is an exploitable weakness anymore.

A secondary scorer would be great. It was supposed to be THJ, but he's a wildcard at this point and a very bad defender. He can go off though and I could see him and Dinwiddie doing well off the bench.

We need a starting shooting guard though or even someone like Brogdon, which I don't understand why they didn't try to get.

Dragic is available? That would be give them THJ, Dinwiddie and Dragic and I suppose that's a lot of offense.

What you'd really want then was a DFS at shooting guard, don't know who is available, except Donte DeVicenso who is now going to next year's most likely champs in GSW.