eliteballer
07-04-2022, 10:58 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeaniebuss/status/1543839959668297729

RRR3
07-04-2022, 11:00 AM
OP sobs himself to sleep every night thinking about LeBron

Johnny32
07-04-2022, 11:02 AM
the guy who admitted he ran shaq out of town because he'd never get credit for "team" championships with him around. lol sure jeanie.

Jeanie Buss
@JeanieBuss
I miss KB. He would understand and explain everything that I’m not allowed to. Honestly he was the greatest Laker ever. He understood team over self. Meaning your rewards would come if you valued team goals over your own then everything would fall into place. All can reply.

Johnny32
07-04-2022, 11:05 AM
throwing bynum under the bus to random fans in a parking lot cuz he wanted him traded for win now guys. then crying on the radio about leaving cuz the team sucks. lol she's full of shit.

SATAN
07-04-2022, 11:08 AM
Seems like a msg to Kyrie tbh. Not Russ or the guy you think about all day because you're jealous of his success in life.

Johnny32
07-04-2022, 11:12 AM
Seems like a msg to Kyrie tbh. Not Russ or the guy you think about all day because you're jealous of his success in life.

this tramp needs to shut her dick sucker. kyrie is sensitive.

SATAN
07-04-2022, 11:15 AM
this tramp needs to shut her dick sucker. kyrie is sensitive.

She's a Kobe stan trying to sabotage LeBron's career like the rest of the front office. Would be a miracle if LeBron can lead them to the promised land again this season.

eliteballer
07-04-2022, 11:16 AM
LeRoid has issues with ownership and management everywhere he goes..

ImKobe
07-04-2022, 11:19 AM
throwing bynum under the bus to random fans in a parking lot cuz he wanted him traded for win now guys. then crying on the radio about leaving cuz the team sucks. lol she's full of shit.

KB stayed with one team for 20 years despite all that. Him throwing Bynum under the buss aged extremely well when Bynum sabotaged every team he was traded to after LA. Him shitting on Smush Parker is another great example as Smush was a starter in LA and never did shit again once he got traded. What we see from KB is that all his teammates were on their best behavior in LA and imploded/showed their true colors once they got traded. Odom & Bynum are the two best examples of this.

SATAN
07-04-2022, 11:19 AM
LeRoid has issues with ownership and management everywhere he goes..

High expectations of your workplace managers>>>Very uncomfortably violent sex/rape

1987_Lakers
07-04-2022, 11:21 AM

lmao. Facts.

ImKobe
07-04-2022, 11:21 AM
High expectations of your workplace managers>>>Very uncomfortably violent sex/rape

High expectations? Bran wants his FO to trade their future 1st round picks for mediocre role players while he's plotting to leave the next year. Cavs and Lakers both did the right thing by not trading their picks in order to make lateral moves that would not have swung the title odds in their favor. I can live with trading a 1st rounder to go from Russ to Kyrie but including 1sts to trade for John Wall is just retarded and shows how bad Bran would be as a GM.

SATAN
07-04-2022, 11:27 AM
High expectations? Bran wants his FO to trade their future 1st round picks for mediocre role players while he's plotting to leave the next year. Cavs and Lakers both did the right thing by not trading their picks in order to make lateral moves that would not have swung the title odds in their favor. I can live with trading a 1st rounder to go from Russ to Kyrie but including 1sts to trade for John Wall is just retarded and shows how bad Bran would be as a GM.

"We wanna run it back" after championship. -LeBron

"We wanna run it back" the season after. - LeBron

"Give me Kyrie" *Jeanie starts taking random shots on social media*

The Lakers are a JOKE in 2022, brother. The whole league has been watching all this bs. I'm being real here. Take the blinders off. It must be fun in your mind to blame LeBron for everything but it's borderline delusional.

eliteballer
07-04-2022, 11:28 AM
LeRoid has drama with ownership and management everywhere he goes.

bullettooth
07-04-2022, 11:33 AM
LOL, the most successful franchise in NBA history is having a meltdown for not being in the spotlight for once.

**** off.

ImKobe
07-04-2022, 11:35 AM
"We wanna run it back" after championship. -LeBron

"We wanna run it back" the season after. - LeBron

"Give me Kyrie" *Jeanie starts taking random shots on social media*

The Lakers are a JOKE in 2022, brother. The whole league has been watching all this bs. I'm being real here. Take the blinders off. It must be fun in your mind to blame LeBron for everything but it's borderline delusional.

I'm not putting it all on Bran but asking the FO to trade future 1sts for players who do not fit the roster and who haven't had a healthy season in 4 years is just ****ing stupid. It's one thing if we could get a legitimate 3&D wing that would actually plug some holes and add something of value to the team, but asking the Lakers to package a 1st to go from Russ to Wall is just plain retarded. Lakers are a joke in part because of Lebron tweeting dumb shit that constantly backfires.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2021/08/Screen-Shot-2021-08-04-at-4.44.17-PM.png

sdot_thadon
07-04-2022, 11:37 AM
Well, I guess this hero's welcome Kobe gets in death is better than the slander he got when he was alive, but we all know the man wasn't perfect. Maybe Jeanie can't remember those too well because she wasn't in charge yet?

Johnny32
07-04-2022, 11:43 AM
She's a Kobe stan trying to sabotage LeBron's career like the rest of the front office. Would be a miracle if LeBron can lead them to the promised land again this season.

you could be on to something here.

“The Lakers have yet, I’m told, to be aggressive in trying to put a deal together to get [Kyrie] from Brooklyn. That may come, that may evolve with time. But so far right now, there’s no traction really on deals with either Irving or Durant.” @wojespn

the lakers are getting a steal here and not even trying to get it done. then this embarrassing tweet trying to deflect blame. more worried about young trash like tht and future picks than the now. legoat surely didn't sign up for that. if they don't get kyrie, as soon as ad twists an ankle in training camp we demand a trade.

Shogon
07-04-2022, 12:09 PM
The Lakers are deep enough at this point they need to just finish off their stack and go all in with what little time they have left.

AD, given his history, isn't getting any healthier.

LeBron sure as shit isn't getting any younger.

You know for a fact... KNOW FOR A FACT... if you run it back with RW as the starting PG that your season is going to be trash again... and you aren't making the trade because of what? Some future 1st round picks? Because of 1 extra year of Joe Harris?

GTFO with this...

I'm not a fan of trading future first round picks but you already bet the farm... might as well bet the tires on your car also.

Kyrie is a HELL OF A LOT BETTER FIT for LBJ.

Damn.

Assuming the media rumors of trade details are true, the Lakers are foolish af for not jumping on this.

I don't care if Kyrie gets naked in the middle of a game and starts lighting himself on fire. He's worth the risk given that we already know how the season is going if they don't.

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2022, 12:12 PM
Neither is OP

Full Court
07-04-2022, 12:14 PM
She shouldn't be happy. She caved in to what the "War Room" wanted and got a superteam that went straight to the lottery. :lol

If she was smart, she'd get rid of the cancer and the glass man.

And shame on her for glorifying a rapist.

hold this L
07-04-2022, 12:16 PM
I don't get who this is supposed to be a shot at? Lebron, Kyrie, AD, the front office?

Who and why?

Hey Yo
07-04-2022, 12:19 PM
KB stayed with one team for 20 years despite all that. Him throwing Bynum under the buss aged extremely well when Bynum sabotaged every team he was traded to after LA. Him shitting on Smush Parker is another great example as Smush was a starter in LA and never did shit again once he got traded. What we see from KB is that all his teammates were on their best behavior in LA and imploded/showed their true colors once they got traded. Odom & Bynum are the two best examples of this.

He chose to ride the bench for 2yrs instead of being the starting SG for the Nets.

Refusing to sign as a rookie is softer than anyone exercising their free agent rights to sign elsewhere.

ImKobe
07-04-2022, 12:22 PM
He chose to ride the bench for 2yrs instead of being the starting SG for the Nets.

Refusing to sign as a rookie is softer than anyone exercising their free agent rights to sign elsewhere.

Ok? As if KB Was the only player who ever tried to control their destination lmao. It's not like he was a consensus #1 overall pick and tanked to mid-1st round to get to LA. Magic would have stayed in College if he didn't get to be in LA either.. There are plenty of examples of this.

KB wasted his prime on horrible teams and still came out of it with 5 rings and him and Shaq are still the last players to 3-Peat and it's been 20 years.

Full Court
07-04-2022, 12:28 PM
I don't get who this is supposed to be a shot at? Lebron, Kyrie, AD, the front office?

Who and why?

Nobody knows. Any analysis of that dumb tweet is pure speculation.

Hey Yo
07-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Ok? As if KB Was the only player who ever tried to control their destination lmao. It's not like he was a consensus #1 overall pick and tanked to mid-1st round to get to LA. Magic would have stayed in College if he didn't get to be in LA either.. There are plenty of examples of this.

KB wasted his prime on horrible teams and still came out of it with 5 rings and him and Shaq are still the last players to 3-Peat and it's been 20 years.

He was an unproven rookie with no College experience whatsoever. The total opposite of Magic.

Showcasing your skills as the starting SG your rookie season >>>>>> choosing to ride the bench to go ring chasing.

Kobe definitely didn't try to be like Mike when it comes to draft day or being the ultra competitor.

eliteballer
07-04-2022, 12:50 PM

Who and why?

It’s obviously a shot at LeBron.

RRR3
07-04-2022, 12:55 PM
It’s obviously a shot at LeBron.
Your brain is diseased.

eliteballer
07-04-2022, 12:58 PM
LOL, the most successful franchise in NBA history is having a meltdown for not being in the spotlight for once.

**** off.

Keep crying anytime LeBron is criticized.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-04-2022, 01:01 PM
Lebron stans scrambling in this thread. Fukkin roaches :lol

Johnny32
07-04-2022, 01:05 PM
glad she's getting called out for the kobe revisionist history.

ImKobe
07-04-2022, 01:08 PM
glad she's getting called out for the kobe revisionist history.

Kobe was a great leader and a true friend to Jeanie, Bran is neither of those things.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-04-2022, 01:14 PM
Kobe was a great leader and a true friend to Jeanie, Bran is neither of those things.

Lebron stans are begging Jeanie to mention their man :lol

These clowns are literally saying she's wrong....for stating her own opinion lol.

FKAri
07-04-2022, 01:19 PM

A psychopath will always appear to be the better friend than a narcissist. Even if he really isn't.

sdot_thadon
07-04-2022, 01:29 PM
I'm just waiting to see who the response tweet will be from. "Man I really miss Dan Gilbert in comic sans would break the net right now.

meat
07-04-2022, 01:56 PM
A psychopath will always appear to be the better friend than a narcissist. Even if he really isn't.

This is a very thought inducing post.:cheers:

2much_knowledge
07-04-2022, 02:04 PM
Kobe is the greatest laker ever - and water is wet

Thank you for that amazing discovery jeanie

ImKobe
07-04-2022, 02:11 PM

They were friends for 20+ years so I think Jeanie would know more about what kind of a person KB really was than anyone on this board. It's her opinion and it's her relationship with him, you can't ask Bran or any other current Laker to have the same relationship when Jeanie knew KB from the time he was 17 years old. And I do think KB was a narcissist, how can you not be when you have that kind of star power & success, and you're in LA?

Pretty much everyone involved with the Lakers the past 20+ years has said that Kobe is the greatest Laker, but people on ISH know better, apparently.

3ba11
07-04-2022, 02:31 PM
Trade idea - AD for Ingram, Kuzma, Caruso and Ball

lol

Lebron created this mess and now the media is DEMANDING that jeanie save Lebron - it must be infuriating...

And the media continues to say how genius Lebron is!!! Yet he leaves every team in shambles

No wonder Jeanie is furious

Derka
07-04-2022, 02:36 PM
Jeannie could still get the pipe. Glad her organization is dogshit though.

eliteballer
07-04-2022, 03:55 PM
Trade idea - AD for Ingram, Kuzma, Caruso and Ball

lol

Lebron created this mess and now the media is DEMANDING that jeanie save Lebron - it must be infuriating...

And the media continues to say how genius Lebron is!!! Yet he leaves every team in shambles

No wonder Jeanie is furious

Yup.

ralph_i_el
07-04-2022, 04:03 PM

That's some real shit

Lakers Legend#32
07-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Kobe ran off a HOF center who won three titles for them. How is this putting team ahead of the individual.

How dare she besmirch the good name of the All-Time Greatest Laker Magic Johnson by saying Kobe was the greatest?

FKAri
07-04-2022, 04:23 PM
They were friends for 20+ years so I think Jeanie would know more about what kind of a person KB really was than anyone on this board. It's her opinion and it's her relationship with him, you can't ask Bran or any other current Laker to have the same relationship when Jeanie knew KB from the time he was 17 years old. And I do think KB was a narcissist, how can you not be when you have that kind of star power & success, and you're in LA?

Pretty much everyone involved with the Lakers the past 20+ years has said that Kobe is the greatest Laker, but people on ISH know better, apparently.

Chill. I'm just making a general comment. Because you're right. How the fucc would anyone of us know what their relationship was like.

Full Court
07-04-2022, 05:14 PM

Kobe ran off a HOF center who won three titles for them. How is this putting team ahead of the individual.

How dare she besmirch the good name of the All-Time Greatest Laker Magic Johnson by saying Kobe was the greatest?

What's wrong with you guys?

KAJ is the greatest Laker of all time.

Thenameless
07-04-2022, 05:21 PM
Jeannie is certainly not Dr. Buss. I call it generational dilution. She is better than her brother though.

Magic Johnson or Jerry West (because of his work as both a player and a GM) is the greatest Laker of all time - it doesn't hurt to be the NBA logo either.

You can't be the greatest Laker when you asked to be traded away from the team. He also left Championships on the table by saying "me or Shaq" - that's not really being a team guy. Sorry, no.

guy
07-04-2022, 05:58 PM

Who and why?

Seems like both Lebron and Kyrie.

guy
07-04-2022, 05:59 PM
Lebron stans are begging Jeanie to mention their man :lol

These clowns are literally saying she's wrong....for stating her own opinion lol.

And she really has no incentive to say this. In fact she has all the incentive NOT to say this.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-04-2022, 06:25 PM
And she really has no incentive to say this. In fact she has all the incentive NOT to say this.

Not sure what Jeanie's intentions were, if any... But ya, I'm not surprised it was either Kobe or Magic.

Both were the longest tenured LA superstars. She also grew up around both of them.

Shogon
07-04-2022, 06:39 PM
2:11 am. Drunk tweeting. covfefe.

SouBeachTalents
07-04-2022, 06:59 PM
Jeannie is certainly not Dr. Buss. I call it generational dilution. She is better than her brother though.

Magic Johnson or Jerry West (because of his work as both a player and a GM) is the greatest Laker of all time - it doesn't hurt to be the NBA logo either.

You can't be the greatest Laker when you asked to be traded away from the team. He also left Championships on the table by saying "me or Shaq" - that's not really being a team guy. Sorry, no.
Magic demanded to be traded too.

Jasper
07-04-2022, 07:17 PM
JB - He understood team over self.

Did she not watch ball hog Byrant shoot against 1 against 5 and think it was a good shot MJ would of taken ???
what the fvck (what a blind bitch- phil must of fvcked her blind)

Spurs m8
07-04-2022, 09:06 PM
Such a crack at selfish LeCuck

The most selfish player to EVER play the game

SATAN
07-04-2022, 09:16 PM
I'm not putting it all on Bran but asking the FO to trade future 1sts for players who do not fit the roster and who haven't had a healthy season in 4 years is just ****ing stupid. It's one thing if we could get a legitimate 3&D wing that would actually plug some holes and add something of value to the team, but asking the Lakers to package a 1st to go from Russ to Wall is just plain retarded. Lakers are a joke in part because of Lebron tweeting dumb shit that constantly backfires.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2021/08/Screen-Shot-2021-08-04-at-4.44.17-PM.png

And they are also a joke because the organization is being run into the ground. Wall wouldn't have even been considered otherwise.

On another note, Hield and Turner is just as intriguing as Kyrie imo.

2much_knowledge
07-04-2022, 09:24 PM

Elaborate. Want to hear it

FKAri
07-04-2022, 10:19 PM

KAJ might be the greatest player to put on a Lakers uniform but I wouldn't consider him the greatest Laker. Magic or Kobe have the best arguments imo. I lean Magic, personally as much as I hate that nikka.

2much_knowledge
07-04-2022, 11:13 PM
KAJ might be the greatest player to put on a Lakers uniform but I wouldn't consider him the greatest Laker. Magic or Kobe have the best arguments imo. I lean Magic, personally as much as I hate that nikka.

+2

Full Court
07-04-2022, 11:18 PM
What arguments do you have for Magic or Kobe over KAJ? KAJ was a Laker for 14 years I think, so it's not like he spent most of his time on other teams.

2much_knowledge
07-04-2022, 11:21 PM
What arguments do you have for Magic or Kobe over KAJ? KAJ was a Laker for 14 years I think, so it's not like he spent most of his time on other teams.

Won as a buck. Didnt have much success till magic got there. 1 finals mvp as a laker??

Magic finals first year, finals last year.

Kobe 20 years of work and management and magic himself say so

Baller789
07-04-2022, 11:33 PM
A chunk of Kareem's prime years werent with the Lakers.

nayte
07-05-2022, 03:55 AM
Lebron stans scrambling in this thread. Fukkin roaches :lol

This .lol. not even sure what they are angry about

LeGoat4Life
07-05-2022, 12:15 PM
Well, I guess this hero's welcome Kobe gets in death is better than the slander he got when he was alive, but we all know the man wasn't perfect. Maybe Jeanie can't remember those too well because she wasn't in charge yet?

Kobe had his faults but that's because of his competitive nature

Kobe and Duncan is everything an organization wants from their Franchise player

20 years of service and winning 5 rings

Spurs m8
07-05-2022, 04:16 PM
Kobe had his faults but that's because of his competitive nature

Kobe and Duncan is everything an organization wants from their Franchise player

20 years of service and winning 5 rings

This

SATAN
07-05-2022, 09:20 PM
Kobe Bryant died years ago. These idiots just use his name for attention. It's ****ing pathetic. Nothing is sadder to me than what Tatum did recently. What an idiot.

bison
07-05-2022, 10:25 PM
She needs to sell the team. The current front office is stuck in the past and a major reason is because Jeannie runs the team like a family business, putting her friends and family (magic, the Buss brothers, Kurt and Linda rambis, pelinka etc) in all the major decision making positions. She won’t bring in fresh voices that can adapt to todays game, instead always looking to land the big glamorous names to the detriment of solid roster building.

If you set aside the AD acquisition and the 2020 chip, then you would see the front office has been a MAJOR failure the past 7 seasons: bogus contracts given to scrubs like mozgov, a revolving door of washed up vets and journeymen on one year rentals, mortgaging the future by giving away all your young assets and picks, and of course the disastrous Westbrook trade. Thankfully they are rectifying this a little with some of the new signings but they are still not a deep roster with champion contending capabilities. And no we are not getting kyrie either.

WhiteKyrie
07-06-2022, 12:30 AM

Put the pressure on them to get stuff fixed. He wasn’t wrong about Bynum for Kidd though, you serious? At least he didn’t say he was staying and hold a douchey free agent press conference than bail on his hometown franchise twice like a total coward

FKAri
07-06-2022, 12:41 AM
Put the pressure on them to get stuff fixed. He wasn’t wrong about Bynum for Kidd though, you serious? At least he didn’t say he was staying and hold a douchey free agent press conference than bail on his hometown franchise twice like a total coward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r0P6_YJj-w

Imagine Kobe pulling this shit.

SATAN
07-17-2022, 03:00 AM
We’re getting ready to start promoting our 10-part docuseries on Hulu and we’re immersed in all things Lakers. There are so many people I miss. But the person I miss the most is Kobe. We miss his voice, his friendship and everything that was taken away from us when we lost him. What I know is Laker fans feel the same way I do.

So when I feel down like that, I know when I say something, the response that I get makes me feel not alone. That’s how a community comes together to grieve. This grieving process with losing Kobe will go on for the rest of my life. It’s a void that can never be filled and was never expected.

When Phil [Jackson] left to go to the Knicks, the NBA made us sign a letter because we’re on two different teams. He said, ‘This means I can’t help you anymore. But you always have Kobe. Kobe has your back. Talk to him if you ever need advice. You’ll always have Kobe.’ That’s what Phil said to me. So, the idea that we don’t always have Kobe is hard to accept.

There was some interpretation on social media that this was an indirect message to LeBron or something pertaining to the offseason.

No. It was that my heart was full of sadness. You look to people surrounding you that feel the same way to commiserate. That’s all it was. It wasn’t intended at anything other than I had sorrow in my heart and I was trying to lighten my load.

:facepalm