PDA

View Full Version : Best off the last time they weren't injured: Is a.davis really better then zion?

TAZORAC
07-05-2022, 03:27 PM
Let me get straight to the point, both of these guys are injury prone and we've seen more of Davis because he's been in the league longer. Aside from that having the chance to see most if not all of the Pelicans games when Williamson was not injured, RIGHT NOW, Zion is a better player than Davis with more of an impact on the game.

Anytime someone says that A.Davis is a top 10 player I get degusted. This may be harsh to many, but I honestly think that both Zion and KAT are better players then Davis.

red1
07-05-2022, 04:33 PM
AD gets a huge pass because leGOAT knows how to maximize his talent. he's a very valuable tool.

still, it's pretty obvious that my guy has zero hunger and leadership

I honestly dont even think AD really trains. probably half-asses every workout because he is so ****ing talented.

ImKobe
07-05-2022, 04:43 PM
AD is an elite top 5 defensive player in the league on top of also being an elite offensive player. Zion has long ways to go before he matches AD's impact.

red1
07-05-2022, 04:44 PM
AD is an elite top 5 defensive player in the league on top of also being an elite offensive player. Zion has long ways to go before he matches AD's impact.

AD and kawhi and zion are all equally valuable.

or more like equally worthless with their bench-warming asses.

ImKobe
07-05-2022, 05:52 PM
AD and kawhi and zion are all equally valuable.

or more like equally worthless with their bench-warming asses.

Wrong. AD hasn't really had a major injury, he's had a combination of smaller/nagging ones that have unfortunately hurt his availability over the past 2 yrs, but there really isn't a significant one in his recent history that would make him "damaged goods". Kawhi is 2 years older and has had some significant injuries and he has the same type of knee issues that Wade and Kobe did in their 30s, which means he's never going to be 100% and it's more likely that he'll fall off and have these issues every year. With Zion, he's never proven to be THAT guy despite one nice statistical season, the weight issues are there and his skillset is not that sound either, a lot of it is predicated on his athletic ability and what he does around the rim and he's not a good defensive player, he needs to show more for me to buy in completely.

If you asked me to bet on one of the 3 for the next 5 yrs, I'd go with AD without thinking twice. Zion is the 2nd best option and he has major upside but he's never really proven it, and with Kawhi he might have 1 or 2 more great PO runs in him but his injury history is the worst by far so I'd probably take Zion over him.

1987_Lakers
07-05-2022, 05:55 PM
AD is made out of glass, without LeBron he would have been known as another talented, but empty stats player.

red1
07-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Wrong. AD hasn't really had a major injury, he's had a combination of smaller/nagging ones that have unfortunately hurt his availability over the past 2 yrs, but there really isn't a significant one in his recent history that would make him "damaged goods". Kawhi is 2 years older and has had some significant injuries and he has the same type of knee issues that Wade and Kobe did in their 30s, which means he's never going to be 100% and it's more likely that he'll fall off and have these issues every year. With Zion, he's never proven to be THAT guy despite one nice statistical season, the weight issues are there and his skillset is not that sound either, a lot of it is predicated on his athletic ability and what he does around the rim and he's not a good defensive player, he needs to show more for me to buy in completely.

If you asked me to bet on one of the 3 for the next 5 yrs, I'd go with AD without thinking twice. Zion is the 2nd best option and he has major upside but he's never really proven it, and with Kawhi he might have 1 or 2 more great PO runs in him but his injury history is the worst by far so I'd probably take Zion over him.

how am I wrong. I said they're all equally worthless if they spend the full season on the bench, which is what literally happened in all 3 player's cases. AD zion and kawhi.

I get your point about AD never having a major injury but if he has a million smaller injuries that makes me even more worried if I'm a GM.

he literally wasted 2 years of lebron's prime because I have no doubt that AD and lebron together would have given the bucks last year and the warriors this year a run for their money.

ImKobe
07-05-2022, 06:32 PM
how am I wrong. I said they're all equally worthless if they spend the full season on the bench, which is what literally happened in all 3 player's cases. AD zion and kawhi.

I get your point about AD never having a major injury but if he has a million smaller injuries that makes me even more worried if I'm a GM.

he literally wasted 2 years of lebron's prime because I have no doubt that AD and lebron together would have given the bucks last year and the warriors this year a run for their money.

Idk, read my post. They're not equal as there's an age gap and they've had different issues with their health. When it comes to Zion and AD, their health issues really aren't that significant in comparison to Kawhi (+ Kawhi is 31), Zion is #2 to me as he's never proven himself to be on that level as an All-NBA 1st team/Top 5 player that can at least carry a team to the POs.

Lebron himself had injuries in 2021 and 2022 and he was injured before AD even came to LA, so by your logic Lebron himself is injury-prone and not reliable at this stage in his career, which I do think is the case as he's almost 20 years deep and he's missed significant time in 3 of his last 4 seasons. AD was healthy for 4 years from 16-20, I know he missed time in '19 but that wasn't really due to injury, they were sitting him on purpose to tank the season after his trade request and he was putting up peak Giannis numbers before they shut him down.

And yes, I think AD and Bran would have won 1 more title or at least made another Finals in this stretch if they both were healthy, I picked them to be great going into the last 2 seasons but injuries suck. AD got hurt in 2021 but Bran wasn't healthy either and 2022 was essentially a repeat without the Playoff appearance.

red1
07-05-2022, 07:08 PM
Idk, read my post. They're not equal as there's an age gap and they've had different issues with their health. When it comes to Zion and AD, their health issues really aren't that significant in comparison to Kawhi (+ Kawhi is 31), Zion is #2 to me as he's never proven himself to be on that level as an All-NBA 1st team/Top 5 player that can at least carry a team to the POs.

Lebron himself had injuries in 2021 and 2022 and he was injured before AD even came to LA, so by your logic Lebron himself is injury-prone and not reliable at this stage in his career, which I do think is the case as he's almost 20 years deep and he's missed significant time in 3 of his last 4 seasons. AD was healthy for 4 years from 16-20, I know he missed time in '19 but that wasn't really due to injury, they were sitting him on purpose to tank the season after his trade request and he was putting up peak Giannis numbers before they shut him down.

And yes, I think AD and Bran would have won 1 more title or at least made another Finals in this stretch if they both were healthy, I picked them to be great going into the last 2 seasons but injuries suck. AD got hurt in 2021 but Bran wasn't healthy either and 2022 was essentially a repeat without the Playoff appearance.

AD to me is the best talent in the league when healthy. giannis is probably the best player in the league right now and I think a healthy AD would give him a run for his money.

him and lebron with shooters and defenders is a perfect team. AD's defense and lebron carrying the offense.

and thats exactly the problem. he's never healthy.

red1
07-05-2022, 07:11 PM
FOR SURE they would have won another ring if he was healthy the last two years. lebron was easily healthy enough.

you could see that lbj had that playoff mode in his backpocket for every big game. when AD went down against the suns the talent gap was just FAR too big. I think they would have certainly beat the suns and come out of the west and would have given giannis jrue middleton and those boys a run for their money.

this year was a free ring waiting to be grabbed but AD choked it by gimping out - lebron would LOVE to face this version of the warriors and celtics instead of the kd klay iggy dray warriors and the pierce kg ray rondo celtics :roll:

Axe
07-05-2022, 07:14 PM
Oh wow there was actually a time before when kobe stans were saying that AD was KAJ bt. I think t'was during the 2020 disney bubble after believing that he was the finals mvp for that year.

https://i.ibb.co/sw9fzWs/IMG-20220706-070122.jpg

Unfortunately the narrative backfired tho, with others saying that he had a better finals series than whatever their hero kobe had in the past.

ImKobe
07-05-2022, 07:44 PM
AD to me is the best talent in the league when healthy. giannis is probably the best player in the league right now and I think a healthy AD would give him a run for his money.

him and lebron with shooters and defenders is a perfect team. AD's defense and lebron carrying the offense.

and thats exactly the problem. he's never healthy.

I can agree on the first 2 lines. AD can be healthy but him and Bran both have been injured these last 2 seasons so that's really unfortunate. I saw the AD workout video the other day and he looked slim so hopefully he'll keep his weight down and we can have a decent Laker season. I obviously root for both of them to be healthy and I think the Lakers are still very much in the title hunt if the two can play 60+ games each and be ready for the POs. The AD slander has been going on for too long and people act like he was never a top 5 player when him and Bran were both top 5 in the league in 2020.. Giannis has outplayed AD H2H lately but best believe a healthy AD would put up Giannis numbers in the RS & Playoffs as he's shown us in the past and he's only 29 right now.