PDA

View Full Version : Chet Holmgren: 23pts (7-9 fg, 4-6 3fg) 7 reb, 6 blks

bison
07-05-2022, 10:46 PM
Yea yea I know it’s summer league but guy looks very comfortable already, showing that Dirk shooting touch

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1544512148994342912?s=21&t=AC6zDJjyzyYJMNy-2xMWkw

k0kakw0rld
07-05-2022, 11:00 PM
He said what he said. He's the best player in the NBA entering the league. His confidence is legendary.:roll:

Again it's just SummerLeague but so far so good.

3ba11
07-05-2022, 11:03 PM
He said what he said. He's the best player in the NBA entering the league. His confidence is legendary.:roll:

He wasn't impressive to me

He used the same behind the back move both times that he went off the dribble and the jumper is rudimentary - he's basically a spot-up shooter until his handle and jumpshooting skill take a couple more leaps

Everything is too slow and measured - he won't be able to shoot at that slow pace during the season - the pace will be more frenetic and he's never shot at that pace before, which means a period of brick city is in store

k0kakw0rld
07-05-2022, 11:33 PM

He used the same behind the back move both times that he went off the dribble and the jumper is rudimentary - he's basically a spot-up shooter until his handle and jumpshooting skill take a couple more leaps

Everything is too slow and measured - he won't be able to shoot at that slow pace during the season - the pace will be more frenetic and he's never shot at that pace before, which means a period of brick city is in store
How about his defense? You haven't said anything about it.

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2022, 12:51 AM
looked a lot better than what I saw at Gonzaga. Highly skilled. He wasn't afraid to bang with guys. See how his body holds up and how strong he can get. Better than Porzingas

Axe
07-06-2022, 01:02 AM
Oh wow, putting up better numbers than toody despite being just a rookie. :biggums:

Axe
07-06-2022, 01:03 AM

Yup, about to transform the heat into finals victors.

Xiao Yao You
07-06-2022, 01:18 AM
Oh wow, putting up better numbers than toody despite being just a rookie. :biggums:

Summer League and NBA regular season/post season pretty much the same thing :lol

Axe
07-06-2022, 01:23 AM
Hopefully, no mitchell or clarkson type of players to hold him back in his team!

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 01:25 AM
Summer League and NBA regular season/post season pretty much the same thing :lol

:roll:

He don’t know ball

Axe
07-06-2022, 01:34 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/jjVJkfrC/5-years-ago.png

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 01:59 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/yYyh6jgS/F21-DF0-B6-2361-43-C9-92-CC-16-FC9323-ACCD.jpg

Axe
07-06-2022, 02:24 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-vSeuhDotJ-OP8bwFyVB7X7wrvIyVq9G0Pg&usqp=CAU

zeerghit
07-06-2022, 02:49 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-vSeuhDotJ-OP8bwFyVB7X7wrvIyVq9G0Pg&usqp=CAU

:lol

Lakers Legend#32
07-06-2022, 02:51 AM
If there ever was a player who looks like BumF#ck OKC it's Chet.

Without the obesity.

k0kakw0rld
07-06-2022, 04:57 AM
Yup, about to transform the heat into finals victors.
I quickly realized my mistake and if you were smart enough which you ain't, you'd understand that the thread was created for Nikola Jovic. I was responding to two threads that's why I typed Chet instead of Jovic in my response to that other dude.

So no, Jovic is the next SERBIAN prodigy to lead the Heat to the promise land.

Chet is really impressing me with the level of confidence he's got. I can't wait to see him perform in the real league.

I own up to my mistake. I know you are looking to get a little W out of it and make fun. I'm too slick for you, fool.

You turned out to be one of the biggest fakkits here.

theballerFKA Ace
07-06-2022, 05:29 AM

He looked impressive against this level of competition. I don't see how anyone can find fault with him this game. To me he looked very nimble and fluid for his size. His handle was good, his passing looked great, shooting stroke beautiful, his motor looked fantastic for a guy his size. Whether he can stay healthy being that skinny and aggressive is another thing

Axe
07-06-2022, 05:39 AM
:blah
Ah ok cool story bro. Looking forward to you becoming a heat fan all of a sudden someday. :biggums:

Im Still Ballin
07-06-2022, 05:56 AM
Impressive.

k0kakw0rld
07-06-2022, 06:34 AM
Ah ok cool story bro. Looking forward to you becoming a heat fan all of a sudden someday. :biggums:
Amazing story indeed. And nope not a chance. You sound stupid trying to force yourself and everybody to believe something that isn't true.

I live in the GTA, I'm Canadian but some reason I support 30 teams? Make it make sense because you look stupid, little man.

According to you any acknowledgement of a team or player automatically makes me a fan.

So everybody here is a Lakers fan or LeBron. 90% of this forum is dedicated to LeBron.

Make it make sense, idiot

Your realize how dumb you are right?
Stop playing with ne. You really don't want it with me.

StrongLurk
07-06-2022, 07:14 AM
I'm concerned about his body holding up with how fast paced and strenuous the regular season has become...seems like a guy who will miss a third of the season every year.

Axe
07-06-2022, 07:47 AM
:rant
Oh i'm very sorry cupcake. Pretty sure it was another poster who usually create those types of thread, not you. My bad. :whatever:

Akeem34TheDream
07-06-2022, 08:32 AM
If there ever was a player who looks like BumF#ck OKC it's Chet.

Without the obesity.

Do you hate him because he is white?

3ba11
07-06-2022, 08:50 AM
How about his defense? You haven't said anything about it.

Yeah he'll get 2 blocks with his eyes closed but he'll get abused a lot too - for example, Horford would be a mismatch for him on the block; Jokic or prime AD would eat him for lunch and come back for leftovers like a lion that feasts on a bull for DAYS

Offensively, his handle isn't there:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eCmxcFrBAJY&t=63s

So he's too slow to be a fully-fledged guard that's like, pushing and dishing it on the break

ShawkFactory
07-06-2022, 09:04 AM
Yeah he'll get 2 blocks with his eyes closed but he'll get abused a lot too - for example, Horford would be a mismatch for him on the block; Jokic or prime AD would eat him for lunch and come back for leftovers like a lion that feasts on a bull for DAYS

Offensively, his handle isn't there:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eCmxcFrBAJY&t=63s

So he's too slow to be a fully-fledged guard that's like, pushing and dishing it on the break

I don't necessarily disagree with your assignment in a vacuum. But why are you talking about this 19 year old kid playing his first ever game as though he's supposed to be this finished product?

He showed some motor, IQ, and confidence that was all really promising. He doesn't have to be Larry Bird from day 1 to be useful.

3ba11
07-06-2022, 09:13 AM
I don't necessarily disagree with your assignment in a vacuum. But why are you talking about this 19 year old kid playing his first ever game as though he's supposed to be this finished product?

He showed some motor, IQ, and confidence that was all really promising. He doesn't have to be Larry Bird from day 1 to be useful.

I agree.. He'll likely need a couple years of seasoning and getting his jumpshooting skill to the necessary level.. This includes knowing how to body defenders because I guarantee that his cheap Dirk imitation will get smashed back in his face

Jasper
07-06-2022, 10:13 AM
yea I like him ,,, but he needs 50 pounds on him.

ShawkFactory
07-06-2022, 10:31 AM
I agree.. He'll likely need a couple years of seasoning and getting his jumpshooting skill to the necessary level.. This includes knowing how to body defenders because I guarantee that his cheap Dirk imitation will get smashed back in his face

Maybe by the elite defenders but I can see him pretty quickly developing an effective turnaround/fade.

FireDavidKahn
07-06-2022, 11:16 AM

Are there really people who watched last night and aren't impressed with what he did???

FultzNationRISE
07-06-2022, 11:51 AM
He looked impressive against this level of competition. I don't see how anyone can find fault with him this game. To me he looked very nimble and fluid for his size. His handle was good, his passing looked great, shooting stroke beautiful, his motor looked fantastic for a guy his size. Whether he can stay healthy being that skinny and aggressive is another thing

Yeah, watching the highlights you can see what people mean by “what Porzingis was supposed to be.” He’s definitely got a unicorn factor. But as you said, the concern is will a frame that spindly hold up against hard, physical defense - which does not appear to be the type generally played in summer league. One cant help but be skeptical.

That said, if he proves reasonably durable OKC should have a pretty nice future ahead.

FilmyCogTurner
07-06-2022, 12:18 PM
Apparently 3ball wants Chet to be prime Amare Staudamire mixed with Kyrie like handles.

I watched the game and I was impressed. Even the three point shots he missed were good looks that had a chance of falling. His handle is a problem against smaller guards but what do you expect with a 195lb 7' rookie. Once he adds some size and muscle he will be able bounce those pesky defenders off of him and remain with better control.

Overall he was way better than I thought he would be and 3ball stop day drinking.

theballerFKA Ace
07-06-2022, 02:17 PM
Yeah, watching the highlights you can see what people mean by “what Porzingis was supposed to be.” He’s definitely got a unicorn factor. But as you said, the concern is will a frame that spindly hold up against hard, physical defense - which does not appear to be the type generally played in summer league. One cant help but be skeptical.

That said, if he proves reasonably durable OKC should have a pretty nice future ahead.

Prime uninjured Porzingis is still well beneath Chet. Porzi never had Chet's passing ability, handle or aggression.

Chet's attitude is also awesome. :applause:

Reporter: You broke the SL record for blocks in a game
Chet: With only 6? That's not very much
Reporter: Yes
Chet: Well I'm going to break it again with at least 7

KNOW1EDGE
07-06-2022, 02:47 PM
He already looks better in the pros than he did playing in Gonzaga’s system.

He’s going to be an all-star in a couple years.

He is good

theballerFKA Ace
07-06-2022, 03:51 PM
He already looks better in the pros than he did playing in Gonzaga’s system.

He’s going to be an all-star in a couple years.

He is good

He's pretty cocky but seems like the kind of guy to be respectful to those older than him. At Gonzaga he was playing with 2 juniors and 2 seniors. He might not have wanted to shove them out of the way and make the team all about him. Even as a junior in HS his future in the NBA was certain, if he really liked or respected his teammates in college he might have wanted for them to get theirs too before beginning a normal life outside of school

red1
07-06-2022, 04:00 PM
gotta love the confidence. go for it young man.

just be ready for some elbows from some hating veterans.

I'd definitely elbow this kid if I was an NBA veteran.

fsvr54
07-06-2022, 04:24 PM
Apparently 3ball wants Chet to be prime Amare Staudamire mixed with Kyrie like handles.

I watched the game and I was impressed. Even the three point shots he missed were good looks that had a chance of falling. His handle is a problem against smaller guards but what do you expect with a 195lb 7' rookie. Once he adds some size and muscle he will be able bounce those pesky defenders off of him and remain with better control.

Overall he was way better than I thought he would be and 3ball stop day drinking.

3ball is a ****ing idiot and I think MJ is GOAT.

I'm very impressed with Chet. He's going to be REALLY good.

Im Still Ballin
07-06-2022, 06:56 PM
If he can get up to 240 pounds watch out. Porzingis is around 240-250 pounds now after coming into the league at 220. Maybe Chet might fall short but even getting to that 220-230 range will make a difference.

FultzNationRISE
07-06-2022, 07:01 PM
Prime uninjured Porzingis is still well beneath Chet. Porzi never had Chet's passing ability, handle or aggression.

Chet's attitude is also awesome. :applause:

Reporter: You broke the SL record for blocks in a game
Chet: With only 6? That's not very much
Reporter: Yes
Chet: Well I'm going to break it again with at least 7

Well sure, if Holmgren can replicate what he did in his summer league debut against top pros on a regular basis. But again, that remains to be seen. I agree he does have a kind of fluidity with the ball KP never had, and obviously his summer league debut couldnt have gone any better... but I'm just saying, let's not get too ahead of ourselves over summer league.

90sgoat
07-07-2022, 04:28 PM

I disagree.

He seems to have a great feel for the game on both sides of the floor.

Yes, is raw, but you see the basketball mind working there. Durant with worse shooting but better passing and defense.

Chris Webber esque?