PDA

View Full Version : Where did you draw the era line as a fan?

999Guy
07-06-2022, 06:43 PM
Like the point where you realized, you’re just never gonna feel about future eras how you felt about one that past.

I think I reached that point with the 2010’s now that everybody is just getting ****ing old.

I imagine Kobe fans would say the beginning of the 10’s.

Duncan fans anywhere from 08-16.

LeBron fans are still in it and on that journey it seems. But maybe the mid 2010’s.

I’m a team fan but I will just always miss the 2010’s up to the single season of 2019-20. Just so much nostalgia.

It really feels like KD’s move to GS took some air out of being a fan or stan on every level. There’s just been a shift that I can’t quite define, but I definitely think that was like a peak into just how much horseshit fans believed the game was. And then a guy goes out and decides to win a title in an almost fixed kind of way. At least that’s how it felt. Hard to have passion for a sport that can be made into a mockery like that. But again that’s my hunch. People have been sucking tons of dick over the recent Warriors title for some reason. So there’s still some allure to titles but definitely less after KD’s move.

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 06:48 PM
Op is suffering from depression.

Shooter
07-06-2022, 07:12 PM
Op is suffering from depression.

Cigarette break's over crack head, back to the 7/11 register

999Guy
07-06-2022, 07:37 PM
Cigarette break's over crack head, back to the 7/11 registerthis cured my depression :oldlol: :oldlol::oldlol:

Round Mound
07-06-2022, 08:40 PM
When the 3-point fest started. I think abound 2015

Full Court
07-06-2022, 08:45 PM
When the ABA and NBA merged.

I'm kidding. For me, probably around 2000. The new generation of that era, Kobe and Shaq etc., just weren't the same as the Bird/Magic/Jordan era. Not that the quality of basketball was any less, but everyone has their "golden age."

2much_knowledge
07-06-2022, 09:55 PM
Im all about the early 2000s. So many great dunkers, killer allstar games, killer dunk contest, the search for the next jordan, the nba of nbc intro song, baggy shorts, like mike and the and1 influence on the crossovers.

I started noticing the difference in 2011. Just didnt feel the same. Still loved to watch lob city, linsanity and miami vs indiana

FKAri
07-06-2022, 10:31 PM
League lost its magic for me sometime between 2012-2018.

Too many mediocre teams just began resorting to chucking 3s in the regular season and whoever got hot took the W. Throw in the load managing and coasting and it killed any interest in the regular season. And watching less regular season meant being out of the loop when playoffs arrived which then made me lost interest in the playoffs as well.

3ba11
07-06-2022, 10:59 PM
Like the point where you realized, you’re just never gonna feel about future eras how you felt about one that past.

I think I reached that point with the 2010’s now that everybody is just getting ****ing old.

I imagine Kobe fans would say the beginning of the 10’s.

Duncan fans anywhere from 08-16.

LeBron fans are still in it and on that journey it seems. But maybe the mid 2010’s.

I’m a team fan but I will just always miss the 2010’s up to the single season of 2019-20. Just so much nostalgia.

It really feels like KD’s move to GS took some air out of being a fan

Stop watching cable because their false narratives are depressing you

The reality is that Lebron had a 6-year headstart on Durant at colluding and forming super-teams

Durant was about to win organically with Westbrick in 2012, but Lebron's colluded super-teams stole his organic ring and also stole organic chips from 13' Duncan and 16' Curry.. Lebron's "decision" and super-teams took over the league.

so people were HAPPY that durant finally got to hand-pick the preseason favorite in 2017 after Lebron had done it the previous 6 years (11-16').

TLDR: get your head out of your ass and get some confidence so you don't have to go along with the false narratives of cable tv

Shooter
07-06-2022, 11:54 PM
The 90s WNBA 3 point line was an embarrassing look, thank god we evolved as a sport around 2010 and learned how to shoot 3s.

FilmyCogTurner
07-07-2022, 12:17 AM
It happened in stages for me but without realizing it in the moment. 2002 the league had shifted to scripted competition *cough* Lakers/Kings rivalry. Lebrons 2010 decision was another nail in the coffin. 2015 take another shift with players gaming the refs and the sport hardly looked like a basketball game anymore.

And now I don't know what to think of this league. They took something that I thought was bombproof and managed to **** it up into something that resembles a basketball game. A lot of damage has been done and I would like to walk away but I love the sport too damn much.