PDA

View Full Version : Curry's 2015 Ring

StrongLurk
07-06-2022, 08:15 PM
It's quite an enigma when you think about it. Curry was clearly a superstar in 2015 and the best player on the Warriors. He should have won FMVP over Iggy...but at the same time the Warriors would have lost if Kyrie/Love were healthy...

I honestly just can't bring myself to rate the RING highly. Imagine Durant's OKC team playing against Lebron's Heat in the finals...except Bron lost Bosh earlier in the playoffs to injury and then Dwade gets injured in game one of the finals...KD comes away with a ring in that series just like Curry.

Just think of ANY top heavy team losing their two best players by the finals...seems like ALL of those teams would lose in the finals at that point so really how much should we value Curry's ring in 2015?

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 08:22 PM
2012 - lock out season vs 22 and 23 year old chokers *
2013 - bron brick, bosh rebound and kick out to ray for bail out *
2016 - Adam silver retroactively upgrading drays foul. Curry injured, iggy injured, bogut injured *
2020 - bubble exhibition games vs a beat up heat team *

2011- colluded with 3 of the top 4 PER in the league in an already historically weak conference. Only to choke and be outscored by Jason Terry in the NBA finals despite LeBron playing 67 more minutes than Terry ( subtract one ring for goat choke)

Bron is sitting at -1 rings right now

ArbitraryWater
07-06-2022, 08:39 PM
This shit again?

SouBeachTalents
07-06-2022, 08:42 PM
Out of curiosity, do you think Shaq in '01 & '02, or Duncan in '99, '03 & '07 faced more difficult opponents in the Finals?

3ba11
07-06-2022, 08:45 PM
Heading into the 2015 season, Klay/Dray hadn't been all-stars yet while Kyrie/Love were perennial all-stars - that's why the Cavs were the preseason favorite in 15' and 16'.

So Kyrie/Love were massive overkill - Curry had zero go-to teammates or elite 1st option teammates, so why should Lebron get 2?.. Even without Kyrie and Love, the Cavs cast was close to the Warriors

People simply don't realize how stacked Lebron made his teams and how pedestrian the Warriors were on-paper before KD arrived

SouBeachTalents
07-06-2022, 08:48 PM
Heading into the 2015 season, Klay/Dray hadn't been all-stars yet while Kyrie/Love were perennial all-stars - that's why the Cavs were the preseason favorite in 15' and 16'.

So Kyrie/Love were massive overkill - Curry had zero go-to teammates or elite 1st option teammates, so why should Lebron get 2?.. Even without Kyrie and Love, the Cavs cast was close to the Warriors
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SeparateMiserableCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

Bankaii
07-06-2022, 08:48 PM
Out of curiosity, do you think Shaq in '01 & '02, or Duncan in '99, '03 & '07 faced more difficult opponents in the Finals?
My only issue with that argument is that Duncan/Shaq win those years regardless of who they play.
The 2015 Warriors most likely would’ve lost that series vs a healthy Cavs. Obviously you can’t say for sure, but I don’t think anyone honestly thinks the Warriors still win. Hell if you just switch 2015 Bron with 2018 Bron I just might pick the Cavs

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2022, 08:52 PM
You could say this about a few of Bron's rings.

I mean...if we're talking about how a hater feels lol

3ba11
07-06-2022, 08:55 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SeparateMiserableCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

Klay is just a spot-up shooter that was worse than Hornacek across the board

Regular Season

Hornacek (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hornaje01.html).... 17.7 PER.. 2.9 bpm.. 0.153 ws/48.. 42.1 vorp on 33,964 min.. 15/3/5 on 58.2 ts
Klay (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html)............. 16.4 PER.. 0.7 bpm.. 0.110 ws/48.. 14.4 vorp on 20,380 min.. 19/3/2 on 57.5 ts

Playoffs

Hornacek (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hornaje01.html).... 16.5 PER.. 3.1 bpm.. 0.145 ws/48.. 14.1 vorp on 4766 min.. 15/4/4 on 57.5 ts
Klay (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html)............. 14.4 PER.. 0.7 bpm.. 0.091 ws/48.... 3.1 vorp on 4570 min.. 19/3/2 on 56.0 ts

Secondary producers like Klay require the 1st option to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry the scoring load in Finals), which Lebron can't do with sufficient brand to beat Finals teams.. So Lebron needs an all-time scorer and elite 1st option at sidekick that can nearly match his scoring in the Finals..

Otoh, off-ball experts like Curry or MJ can carry the scoring load with sufficient brand to beat Finals teams, so they can win with secondary scorers at sidekick like Wiggins or Pippen or Klay.

People simply don't realize how stacked Lebron made his teams and how pedestrian the Warriors were on-paper before KD arrived

Stephonit
07-06-2022, 08:56 PM
Curry going through the Western Conference makes it more impressive than any of LeBron's rings. Curry faced the same number of All-NBA First Team players in that one run as LeBron faced in the Eastern Conference in 13 years. The team the Warriors faced in the finals is the same team that swept the Eastern Conference finals. Even in 2016 with Kyrie and Love on the Cavs they were down 3-1 and the league had to intervene to give the Cavs a better chance. The evidence suggests the Warriors were better.

SouBeachTalents
07-06-2022, 08:58 PM
Curry going through the Western Conference makes it more impressive than any of LeBron's rings. Curry faced the same number of All-NBA First Team players in that one run as LeBron faced in the Eastern Conference in 13 years. The team the Warriors faced in the finals is the same team that swept the Eastern Conference finals. Even in 2016 with Kyrie and Love on the Cavs they were down 3-1 and league had to intervene to give them a better chance. The evidence suggests the Warriors were better.
I'm not advocating LeBron's Finals runs were better, but Curry's really wasn't THAT impressive. Imo he got to avoid playing the 3 best teams in the conference (Spurs, OKC, Clippers).

3ba11
07-06-2022, 09:01 PM
I'm not advocating LeBron's Finals runs were better, but Curry's really wasn't THAT impressive. Imo he got to avoid playing the 3 best teams in the conference (Spurs, OKC, Clippers).

When did Lebron win with a secondary producer at sidekick like Klay that required him to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load in Finals)??

Lebron can only win with all-time scorers and elite 1st options at sidekick that can nearly match his Finals scoring.. He can't win with secondary scorers like Wiggins or Pippen or Klay that require the 1st option to carry the scoring load in Finals (defeat maximum defensive attention).

StrongLurk
07-06-2022, 09:09 PM
I'm seeing a lot of posters trying to legitimately respond, but I feel like all of yall's posts are just wrong/incorrect. A lot of your responses are irrelevant to my original post.

Again my main point is how many other top heavy teams like the 2015 Cavs would still win the finals if they lost their second and third best player? Does Magic or Bird win without their second and third best players? Does KD win the 2017 finals if Curry/Klay are out? Do Lebron's Heat beat Durant's OKC Thunder without Wade/Bosh...it's pretty clear these are all NOs.

SHIT, Imagine Klay/Dray not playing in the 2015 finals, but the Cavs had Lebron/Kyrie/Love healthy? Cavs legit might sweep the Warriors in this scenario.

I already said Curry was obviously a superstar by 2015, but the 2015 ring just feels unimpressive and disappointing.

Shooter
07-06-2022, 09:10 PM

Oh yeah? Please tell us which teams he beat were missing their #2 and #3 option?

2012 Thunder: KD, Russ, Harden, Ibaka = NOPE
2013 Spurs: Duncan, Parker, Kawhi, Ginobli = NOPE
2016 Warriors: Curry, Draymond, Klay, Barnes = NOPE
2020 Heat: Butler, Bam, Herro, (Dragic) = Ha

Okay, so maybe one of the four :lol NEXT

Stephonit
07-06-2022, 09:11 PM

The Warriors faced the highest seeds possible in their path. Rockets were a 56-win team, Grizzlies a 55-win team. The Clippers had 56 wins, the Spurs 55 wins, and the Thunder 45 wins. The Spurs lost to the Clippers and the Clippers lost to the Rockets and the Rockets lost to the Warriors.

3ba11
07-06-2022, 09:12 PM
I'm seeing a lot of posters trying to legitimately respond, but I feel like all of yall's posts are just wrong/incorrect. A lot of your responses are irrelevant to my original post.

Again my main point is how many other top heavy teams like the 2015 Cavs would still win the finals if they lost their second and third best player? Does Magic or Bird win without their second and third best players? Does KD win the 2017 finals if Curry/Klay are out? Do Lebron's Heat beat Durant's OKC Thunder without Wade/Bosh...it's pretty clear these are all NOs.

I already said Curry was obviously a superstar by 2015, but the 2015 just feels unimpressive and disappointing.

Miami was injured in 2020 and the Warriors in 2016

So what's your point?

Lebron has injury rings too...

At least Curry won a Finals with a secondary producer at sidekick and therefore defeated maximum defensive attention (carried scoring load in Finals), which Lebron has never done..

When Lebron faces maximum defensive attention, he has woat efficiency (07', 15') and everyone makes excuses for him - they say "he was only 22" except Amare averaged 37/10 at 22 against the 05' Spurs.. So you guys are fos and will excuse Lebron for anything, even 22 on 35%

StrongLurk
07-06-2022, 09:15 PM
Imagine Klay/Dray not playing in 2015 and Curry trying to win against Bron/Kyrie/Love healthy? Clearly would be a massive L for Curry.

The 2015 Warriors were good, but definitely the weakest version of their teams in 2015-2019 in my opinion.

Also this thread isn't a DISS against Curry as a player. It's just a factual breakdown of what happened in those finals.

Stephonit
07-06-2022, 09:20 PM
Imagine Klay/Dray not playing in 2015 and Curry trying to win against Bron/Kyrie/Love healthy? Clearly would be a massive L for Curry.

The 2015 Warriors were good, but definitely the weakest version of their teams in 2015-2019 in my opinion.

Also this thread isn't a DISS against Curry as a player. It's just a factual breakdown of what happened in those finals.

A championship doesn't represent victory in just one series even if it's a finals. But maybe LeBron fans are so used to thinking of it like that since that's the only time he's usually had to face a challenge because he hasn't had to care about the regular season and playoffs for so long with his cakewalks to the finals.

3ba11
07-06-2022, 09:21 PM

Even with Klay/Dray in the lineup, Curry is at a massive deficit to a healthy Lebron cast, which is why the Cavs were the preseason favorite (on-paper talent favorite).

The injuries simply evened the score and gave the Warriors a small edge that could've been overcome easily - the Warriors were 1st-timers in the Finals and Klay was 1st time all-star that actually produced far less than Hornacek across the board.. So Curry had no other real stars or go-to teammates just like Lebron.

And again, Lebron has injury rings - the Heat were injured in 2020 and the Warriors in 2016

At least Curry won a Finals with a secondary producer at sidekick and therefore defeated maximum defensive attention (carried scoring load in Finals), which Lebron has never done..

Shooter
07-06-2022, 09:28 PM
Even with Klay/Dray in the lineup, Curry is at a massive deficit to a healthy Lebron cast, which is why the Cavs were the preseason favorite (on-paper talent favorite).

The injuries simply evened the score and gave the Warriors a small edge that could've been overcome easily - the Warriors were 1st-timers in the Finals and Klay was 1st time all-star that actually produced far less than Hornacek across the board.. So Curry had no other real stars or go-to teammates just like Lebron.

And again, Lebron has injury rings - the Heat were injured in 2020 and the Warriors in 2016

Don't start talking about "on paper talent" :lol

Jordan was as favorite for every championship because he stacked the deck and played against bums

Conversation over :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-06-2022, 09:32 PM
Oh yeah? Please tell us which teams he beat were missing their #2 and #3 option?

2012 Thunder: KD, Russ, Harden, Ibaka = NOPE
2013 Spurs: Duncan, Parker, Kawhi, Ginobli = NOPE
2016 Warriors: Curry, Draymond, Klay, Barnes = NOPE
2020 Heat: Butler, Bam, Herro, (Dragic) = Ha

Okay, so maybe one of the four :lol NEXT

Bam missed 2 games in those finals. And in '16, Dray was suspended in a closeout game. In that SAME game, the Warriors lost their best interior defender....for the series.

Injuries happen every year.

Like I said, if we wanna hate, lets also talk about Lebron's lockout ring. Oops :oldlol:

Hey Yo
07-06-2022, 09:48 PM
Bam missed 2 games in those finals. And in '16, Dray was suspended in a closeout game. In that SAME game, the Warriors lost their best interior defender....for the series.

Like I said, if we wanna hate, lets also talk about Lebron's lockout ring. Oops :oldlol:

If Bogut was their best interior defender... then why did he only average like 14mpg before injury?

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 09:55 PM
If Bogut was their best interior defender... then why did he only average like 14mpg before injury?

Look at LeBron’s splits for the first 4 games and the last 3.

Look at festus ezeli’s and Anderson varejao’s +/- in the games bogut missed

If bogut doesn’t get his knee taken out by JR smith the warriors win the championship.

The data is all there for you.

Educate yourself.

Hey Yo
07-06-2022, 10:20 PM
He avg. 14mpg before injury, chico.

If James can't shoot and only bulldozes to the basket.... then why not play your best interior defender more than 14mpg??

Shooter
07-06-2022, 10:24 PM

Yeahhh no :lol

2020 was mentioned. Dragic. Plus, did Bam miss the entire series? No? Thanks.

And 2016 was not an injury. It was a ONE game suspension.

KEEP. UP.

THANKS

LeGoat4Life
07-06-2022, 10:30 PM
Curry 2015 ring is more impressive and harder than any of Lebron ring

Let that sink in

FKAri
07-06-2022, 10:34 PM
You can take away the 2015 ring and in return give him 2019.

Shooter
07-06-2022, 10:39 PM
Curry 2015 ring is more impressive and harder than any of Lebron ring

Let that sink in

Let that sink in

https://i.postimg.cc/xdmq0qs2/20190531-142817.jpg

Stephonit
07-06-2022, 10:47 PM
Let that sink in

A better version of Westbrook. Imagine if he played with Westbrook how the league would quiver.

3ba11
07-06-2022, 10:51 PM
:facepalm:

3ba11
07-06-2022, 10:52 PM
Let that sink in

Lebron had an equal-scoring partner to attract equal defensive attention, so Lebron didn't defeat maximum defensive attention (carry scoring load in Finals) like Curry did in 15' and 22'

Imagine if Klay had demolished Lebron in the 16' Finals - that's what Kyrie did to Curry, yet Lebron says it's his goat accomplishment... Imagine if Pippen went to the 93' Finals and demolished Barkley - and then Jordan said it was his goat accomplishment.. :oldlol:

So Lebron has low standards for "goat accomplishment"

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 11:04 PM

If bogut doesn’t get his knee taken out by JR smith the warriors win the championship.

Educate yourself.

Irrefutable…

Shooter
07-06-2022, 11:14 PM
Irrefutable…

You know you're desperate when you're grasping for your 6th man who plays 14 minutes per game as your savior :lol

Imagine forgetting 2015 when LBJ lost his #2 and #3, not his #6 player :lol

Back to work, register line is getting long incel

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 11:19 PM

Educate yourself.

If someone can refute this post…the big ticket will leave ish forever.

Hey Yo
07-06-2022, 11:23 PM
He avg. 14mpg before injury, chico.

If James can't shoot and only bulldozes to the basket.... then why not play your best interior defender more than 14mpg??

Chico?

Shooter
07-06-2022, 11:33 PM
You know you're desperate when you're grasping for your 6th man who plays 14 minutes per game as your savior :lol

Imagine forgetting 2015 when LBJ lost his #2 and #3, not his #6 player :lol

Back to work, register line is getting long incel

Anyone? Or is it done?

SouBeachTalents
07-06-2022, 11:49 PM

Educate yourself.
Bogut played the first half in Game 5 and LeBron scored 25, so you can't argue he's making any noticeable difference if he plays 7 extra minutes in the 2nd half. It's safe to assume the Cavs still win even if Bogut plays his full amount of minutes.

And Game 6 was such a decisive win by Cleveland it'd be a huge stretch to assume Bogut is changing the outcome of that game.

The only game you could make a legitimate argument for is Game 7. Do the Warriors win if Bogut's playing? Sure, you could ague that, esp considering how terrible his replacements were. But that game was right there for the taking and Curry had an atrocious game and completely choked in the 4th, so even without Bogut the supporting cast put Curry in a great position to win and he failed to take advantage.

And regardless, Bogut's injury pales in comparison to Kyrie & Love missing nearly the entire series the year before.

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 11:54 PM
Bogut played the first half in Game 5 and LeBron scored 25, so you can't argue he's making any noticeable difference if he plays 7 extra minutes in the 2nd half. It's safe to assume the Cavs still win even if Bogut plays his full amount of minutes.

And Game 6 was such a decisive win by Cleveland it'd be a huge stretch to assume Bogut is changing the outcome of that game.

The only game you could make a legitimate argument for is Game 7. Do the Warriors win if Bogut's playing? Sure, you could ague that, esp considering how terrible his replacements were. But that game was right there for the taking and Curry had an atrocious game and completely choked in the 4th, so even without Bogut the supporting cast put Curry in a great position to win and he failed to take advantage.

And regardless, Bogut's injury pales in comparison to Kyrie & Love missing nearly the entire series the year before.

I see you didn’t mention festus Ezeli or Anderson varejao at all in this post.

Not refuted.

Shooter
07-06-2022, 11:57 PM
I see you didn’t mention festus Ezeli or Anderson varejao at all in this post.

Not refuted.

You know you're down bad when your arguing point is Fetuz Ezeli :lol

R.I.P.

warriorfan
07-06-2022, 11:58 PM
You know you're down bad when your arguing point is Fetuz Ezeli :lol

R.I.P.

Yeah, you know nothing about basketball and didn’t even watch the games. And you are too intellectually dishonest to even crawl through basketball reference like you usually do and look into the context.

Kill yourself. Your parents could use the basement for extra storage.

Vino24
07-07-2022, 12:02 AM
What a meltdown lol

warriorfan
07-07-2022, 12:07 AM
What a meltdown lol

Na that’s you ever since the Celtics choked. :lol

Dingo’d

Shooter
07-07-2022, 12:24 AM
Yeah, you know nothing about basketball and didn’t even watch the games. And you are too intellectually dishonest to even crawl through basketball reference like you usually do and look into the context.

Jesus Christ what a pathetic meltdown. Cigarette breaks at 7/11 not long enough? Get a grip loser.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2022, 02:12 AM
Yeahhh no :lol

2020 was mentioned. Dragic. Plus, did Bam miss the entire series? No? Thanks.

KEEP. UP.

THANKS

What do you mean no? lol

So you, and ONLY you, get to pick which injuries count.... Nahhhh :oldlol: Doesn't work like that lil buddy.

Come up with a better argument. Be objective about it too.

Shooter
07-07-2022, 02:13 AM
What do you mean no? lol

So you, and ONLY you, get to pick which injuries count.... Nahhhh :oldlol: Doesn't work like that bud.

Come up with a better argument. Be objective about it too.

Bam miss the entire series? No? Thanks.

KEEP. UP.

THANKS

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2022, 02:16 AM

Damn bruh.... You went hard :lol

Least he makes no bones about his fandom. OP is that closet Bronsexual who pretends to be objective. Then outs himself with a thread like this one lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2022, 02:19 AM
Bam miss the entire series? No? Thanks.

KEEP. UP.

THANKS

Not talking about Bam.

I also mentioned more players than Dray. Learn to comprehend - but first come up with a better argument. Something at least grounded in reality.

:yaohappy:

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 09:11 AM
At this point, I can see no one an dispute my OP. Literally everyone is bringing up irrelevant information like a bunch of other playoff or finals series lol. Everyone knows the Warriors had unprecedented luck against the Cavs the first go around.

Stephonit
07-07-2022, 09:29 AM
At this point, I can see no one an dispute my OP. Literally everyone is bringing up irrelevant information like a bunch of other playoff or finals series lol. Everyone knows the Warriors had unprecedented luck against the Cavs the first go around.

Unprecedented luck against the Cavaliers? How is it unprecedented? You still haven't explained.

If there is anything unprecedented it is the weak conference a certain inferior player had been fortunate enough to go through for a decade to reach the finals.

hold this L
07-07-2022, 09:56 AM
Unprecedented luck against the Cavaliers? How is it unprecedented? You still haven't explained.

If there is anything unprecedented it is the weak conference a certain inferior player had been fortunate enough to go through for a decade to reach the finals.
Not everyone can play 24 playoff series and only play 1 first all NBA opponent on his way to the finals for 8 straight years. #leHardestRoad

https://c.tenor.com/eG_U3fCPiAkAAAAd/bumpy-ride.gif

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 10:18 AM

Once again you are trying to change the subject here. When did a top-heavy team like the 15 Cavs lose their two best players and have to have one player (Lebron) literally play with scrubs/bench players for almost an entire finals (Kyrie did play game 1 but got injured).

That's a ton of luck the 15 Warriors got. Idk why all the Curry stans are so upset about me pointing this out? It's not a diss to Curry as a PLAYER. It's just the facts that the whole 15 Warriors go insane injury luck right at the finish line.

Again I ask, what would happen if Curry had to play against Lebron/Kyrie/Love WITHOUT Klay/Dray because they got injured? Is this question too hard for Curry stans to answer?

3ba11
07-07-2022, 10:21 AM
Once again you are trying to change the subject here. When did a top-heavy team like the 15 Cavs lose their two best players and have to have one player (Lebron) literally play with scrubs/bench players for almost an entire finals (Kyrie did play game 1 but got injured).

That's a ton of luck the 15 Warriors got.

Who was the preseason favorite in 2015?

The Cavs were - they had 3 perennial all-stars heading into 2015, while Klay/Dray hadn't been all-stars yet.

So the injuries simply eliminated the talent gap - the casts were comparable heading into the Finals.. Remember that Klay is a much worse producer than Hornacek across the board - the Warriors only had 1 go-to player just like the Cavs

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 10:25 AM

The Cavs were - they had 3 perennial all-stars heading into 2015, while Klay/Dray hadn't been all-stars yet.

So the injuries simply eliminated the talent gap - the casts were comparable heading into the Finals.. Remember that Klay is a much worse producer than Hornacek across the board - the Warriors only had 1 go-to player just like the Cavs

So you think Lebron by himself has equal talent to Curry/Dray/Klay combined in 2015? Wow, thanks for making it even more obvious that Bron is the GOAT. What a compliment you've given him.

SouBeachTalents
07-07-2022, 10:40 AM
So you think Lebron by himself has equal talent to Curry/Dray/Klay combined in 2015? Wow, thanks for making it even more obvious that Bron is the GOAT. What a compliment you've given him.
Can't way to see how he tries to squirm his way outta this one :lol Esp considering he has Curry top 5 all time.

Stephonit
07-07-2022, 11:17 AM

That's a ton of luck the 15 Warriors got. Idk why all the Curry stans are so upset about me pointing this out? It's not a diss to Curry as a PLAYER. It's just the facts that the whole 15 Warriors go insane injury luck right at the finish line.

Again I ask, what would happen if Curry had to play against Lebron/Kyrie/Love WITHOUT Klay/Dray because they got injured? Is this question too hard for Curry stans to answer?

How is it changing the subject when you are claiming Curry facing the Cavaliers is unprecedented because the Cavaliers were playing without their two best players? Was L'inferieur not the best player on the Cavaliers and wasn't he playing? The 1989 Lakers played without Magic. More recently the Warriors were playing without KD and Klay in 2019. The 2020 Heat were playing without Dragic and Adebayo. Lots of precedents.

What would have happened if Curry played without Klay and Draymond? Who knows? One can speculate that he wouldn't have won but what exactly is your point in that case? There is a degree of luck to all championships. Moreover, why should the burden be on the Warriors to prove what they could do in what-if scenarios when the opponent cannot show up fully? Maybe the Cavaliers show up full strength and the Warriors beat them anyway. What we do know is that Curry can take a bunch of finals first timers and win against teams led by every other player on the All-NBA First Team. Can we say that about any other player? No.

ShawkFactory
07-07-2022, 11:32 AM

:roll:

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 11:37 AM
How is it changing the subject when you are claiming Curry facing the Cavaliers is unprecedented because the Cavaliers were playing without their two best players? Was L'inferieur not the best player on the Cavaliers and wasn't he playing? The 1989 Lakers played without Magic. More recently the Warriors were playing without KD and Klay in 2019. The 2020 Heat were playing without Dragic and Adebayo. Lots of precedents.

What would have happened if Curry played without Klay and Draymond? Who knows? One can speculate that he wouldn't have won but what exactly is your point in that case? There is a degree of luck to all championships. Moreover, why should the burden be on the Warriors to prove what they could do in what-if scenarios when the opponent cannot show up fully? Maybe the Cavaliers show up full strength and the Warriors beat them anyway. What we do know is that Curry can take a bunch of finals first timers and win against teams led by every other player on the All-NBA First Team. Can we say that about any other player? No.

Bro the 2020 Heat? You must be trolling. Kyrie/Love > easily Adebayo/Dragic. Also Adebayo managed to play games 4 games in that finals. It's just not comparable to Love playing no games and Kyrie playing one game.

You bring up the 19 Warriors, but Klay literally played 5 games in the finals...did Love or Kyrie play 5 games? No. And the 19 Warriors LOST so you are even furthering my point.

You Curry stans are posting A LOT but your examples are not equal at all, and then you skirt around the issue by once again bringing up other topics.

Imagine KD's Thunder getting to face the Miami Heat in 2012 with no Bosh and one game of Wade...see how crazy that seems? Imagine Paul Pierce playing the 08 Lakers with no KG and one game of Ray Allen...another L there.

It's just crazy what happened to the 15 Cavs considering Love/Kyrie both got injured during the playoffs/finals.

Again I am not DISSING CURRY...I said in the OP Curry should've won FMVP over Iggy if the voters were going to not give it to Lebron.

Stephonit
07-07-2022, 12:00 PM
Bro the 2020 Heat? You must be trolling. Kyrie/Love > easily Adebayo/Dragic. Also Adebayo managed to play games 4 games in that finals. It's just not comparable to Love playing no games and Kyrie playing one game.

You bring up the 19 Warriors, but Klay literally played 5 games in the finals...did Love or Kyrie play 5 games? No. And the 19 Warriors LOST so you are even furthering my point.

You Curry stans are posting A LOT but your examples are not equal at all, and then you skirt around the issue by once again bringing up other topics.

Imagine KD's Thunder getting to face the Miami Heat in 2012 with no Bosh and one game of Wade...see how crazy that seems? Imagine Paul Pierce playing the 08 Lakers with no KG and one game of Ray Allen...another L there.

It's just crazy what happened to the 15 Cavs considering Love/Kyrie both got injured during the playoffs/finals.

Again I am not DISSING CURRY...I said in the OP Curry should've won FMVP over Iggy if the voters were going to not give it to Lebron.

Spare us this "bringing up other topics" palaver. Although you created this thread ostensibly to talk about Curry's 2015 ring, all you've done is act like an apologist for L'Inferieur's loss. If you want to talk about Curry's 2015 ring talk about his entire year leading up to it. If all you are going to focus on is the finals and how hard up the inferior player was in it and how Curry might have fared with situations reversed in some hypothetical scenario then you are the one bringing up other topics.

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 03:20 PM
Spare us this "bringing up other topics" palaver. Although you created this thread ostensibly to talk about Curry's 2015 ring, all you've done is act like an apologist for L'Inferieur's loss. If you want to talk about Curry's 2015 ring talk about his entire year leading up to it. If all you are going to focus on is the finals and how hard up the inferior player was in it and how Curry might have fared with situations reversed in some hypothetical scenario then you are the one bringing up other topics.

I already talked about Steph being a superstar that year (i.e everything leading up to and including the 2015 finals).

Also, how am I bringing up "another topic" if the "topic" I am talking about is just a simple reversal of Lebron's/Curry's situation in the same 2015 finals...seems pretty on-topic top me. I am specifically bringing up those two because they are the best players on each team.

Again you couldn't refute anything in my posts because there really isn't a comparable situation to what happened to the Cavs in 2015.

RRR3
07-07-2022, 03:23 PM
I already talked about Steph being a superstar that year (i.e everything leading up to and including the 2015 finals).

Also, how am I bringing up "another topic" if the "topic" I am talking about is just a simple reversal of Lebron's/Curry's situation in the same 2015 finals...seems pretty on-topic top me. I am specifically bringing up those two because they are the best players on each team.

Again you couldn't refute anything in my posts because there really isn't a comparable situation to what happened to the Cavs in 2015.
Why are you arguing with someone who thinks it’s insane to say LeBron is better than Curry?

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 03:26 PM
Why are you arguing with someone who thinks it’s insane to say LeBron is better than Curry?

I think there is a good argument for offense vs offense for peak Curry against peak Lebron (could go either way), but Lebron has a big edge on defensive capabilities and certainly longevity/production overall... all time rankings Curry isn't quite in the top 10 for me. He's close though which is amazing considering his size/athleticism.

RRR3
07-07-2022, 03:28 PM
I think there is a good argument for offense vs offense for peak Curry against peak Lebron (could go either way), but Lebron has a big edge on defensive capabilities and certainly longevity/production overall... all time rankings Curry isn't quite in the top 10 for me. He's close though which is amazing considering his size/athleticism.
The person you’re arguing with thinks Curry is clearly better than JORDAN. let that sink in. It’s no different than arguing with 3ball except 3ball is at least funny.

3ba11
07-07-2022, 03:29 PM

Lebron shot 39% against single coverage, aka SOLVED - the Warriors encouraged Lebron to do the same thing over and over at 39% a pop.... :applause:

He would've beaten the noob Warriors easily if he could've shot better and made the Warriors consider doubling him. But he simply lacks the elite jumpshooting skill to successfully carry the scoring load - his spotty-shooting ball-dominance has no chance of winning.. but if he shot better, this would change the Warriors' defense and have a chance to successfully carry the scoring load..

So he simply lacks the elite jumpshooting skill and brand of ball needed to carry scoring load and therefore needs elite 1st options to play sidekick and nearly match his Finals scoring

Btw, the 15' Warriors only had 1 go-to player just like the Cavs - and Klay is actually a low-producer with much worse production rate than Hornacek across the board.. Offensively, he's not much better than JR Smith based on talent alone

red1
07-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Lebron shot 39% against single coverage, aka SOLVED - the Warriors encouraged Lebron to do the same thing over and over at 39% a pop.... :applause:

He would've beaten the noob Warriors easily if he could've shot better and made the Warriors consider doubling him. But he simply lacks the elite jumpshooting skill to successfully carry the scoring load - his spotty-shooting ball-dominance has no chance of winning.. but if he shot better, this would change the Warriors' defense and have a chance to successfully carry the scoring load..

So he simply lacks the elite jumpshooting skill and brand of ball needed to carry scoring load and therefore needs elite 1st options to play sidekick and nearly match his Finals scoring

Btw, the 15' Warriors only had 1 go-to player just like the Cavs - and Klay is actually a low-producer with much worse production rate than Hornacek across the board.. Offensively, he's not much better than JR Smith based on talent alone
biggest rival was a grocery bagger :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/k5pXdN5h/Rivalry-Decade.jpg

3ba11
07-07-2022, 03:34 PM

According to your rankings, Magic and Shaq are better than anyone that Lebron ever faced, and Jordan ragdolled both

red1
07-07-2022, 03:34 PM

who cares about production.

klay >>> hornacek.

red1
07-07-2022, 03:36 PM
According to your rankings, Magic and Shaq are better than anyone that Lebron ever faced, and Jordan ragdolled both

suck my dick you feminine bitch.

if you were a man you would concede when you lost for the 1000th time in a row.

jordan never played magic or shaq in their prime. he played kid shaq and magic when the lakers didnt even have kareem.

meanwhile lebron beat your self-proclaimed modern GOAT curry when he was the MVP on a team that won more games than jordan ever did - 73-wins scalp ***** :roll:

buh buh kyrie :roll:

red1
07-07-2022, 03:37 PM
meanwhile some posters like to prop up cotton candy grocery bag rings :roll:

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 03:38 PM

So you like to simplify Curry and Lebron as just "go-to" players? Is that it? That's what you are boiling them down to? Well I guess Jordan is ring less in any other era besides the 90's. Jordan was the only "go-to" player on those Bulls according to your posts so I guess those Bulls lose in every other era against teams with multiple "go-to" players. Pretty simple math on your point. 1 "go-to" player losers to teams with 2 or 3 "go-to" players. Guess MJ's a fake GOAT because he could only win rings in the weakest era by far.

3ba11
07-07-2022, 04:19 PM
So you like to simplify Curry and Lebron as just "go-to" players? Is that it? That's what you are boiling them down to? Well I guess Jordan is ring less in any other era besides the 90's. Jordan was the only "go-to" player on those Bulls according to your posts so I guess those Bulls lose in every other era against teams with multiple "go-to" players. Pretty simple math on your point. 1 "go-to" player losers to teams with 2 or 3 "go-to" players. Guess MJ's a fake GOAT because he could only win rings in the weakest era by far.

Terry Porter shot 53% on threes (6 attempts), while averaging 26 and 8 apg in the WCF to carry the Blazers to the 92' Finals.. He was basically Damian Lillard and dominated the 90' and 92' Finals runs far more than any Pippen run

That's a go-to player and that's the worst sidekick that Jordan faced in the Finals lol

Every 90's sidekick was actually a 1b that could get elite dominant stats and lead their teams ... EXCEPT PIPPEN...

Guys like Porter, Stockton, Payton, Penny and more could dominate and Pippen couldn't.. Stockton is arguably the goat playmaker, while guys like Penny, Payton or Kemp could dominate scoring, assists and/or rebounds... Only Pippen failed to get elite ppg, rpg, or apg in any series

SouBeachTalents
07-07-2022, 04:24 PM
Terry Porter shot 53% on threes (6 attempts), while averaging 26 and 8 apg in the WCF to carry the Blazers to the 92' Finals.. He was basically Damian Lillard and dominated the 90' and 92' Finals runs far more than any Pippen run

That's a go-to player and that's the worst sidekick that Jordan faced in the Finals lol

Every 90's sidekick was actually a 1b that could get elite dominant stats and lead their teams ... EXCEPT PIPPEN...

Guys like Porter, Stockton, Payton, Penny and more could dominate and Pippen couldn't.. Stockton is arguably the goat playmaker, while guys like Penny, Payton or Kemp could dominate scoring, assists and/or rebounds... Only Pippen failed to get elite ppg, rpg, or apg in any series
And yet Pippen outscored the majority of these same sidekicks h2h, including Porter & Stockton.

ShawkFactory
07-07-2022, 04:32 PM

That has nothing to do with Steph and Lebron's casts being equal. Literally nothing :lol

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 04:36 PM
That has nothing to do with Steph and Lebron's casts being equal. Literally nothing :lol

Of course it doesn't, 3ball resorts to spam all the time when he doesn't know how to respond.

ArbitraryWater
07-07-2022, 06:00 PM

You really can‘t. Lol.

2015 is a historical anomaly

Stephonit
07-07-2022, 06:54 PM

Kyrie and Love were the Cavaliers' best players? If you say so. The rest of your post is of similar quality.

Having to play all the other All-NBA First Team is lucky. Having your highest paid player be as useful as David Lee is lucky. Having a bunch of first timers be your backup is lucky. Having a rookie coach is lucky.

What would happen if Curry had to play without Klay and Draymond? I might as well say Curry would win since we are engaging in hypotheticals and you cannot prove me wrong.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-07-2022, 07:05 PM
You really can‘t. Lol.

Sure you could.

Just depends on the value you place on an injury. There were various examples posted in this thread, and were rejected. Why? Because Lebron fanboys don't consider them important.

For the record, I actually don't diminish Lebron's rings. But if you wanted to nitpick and be the arbiter of value...like the OP...you can absolutely make said argument.

:yaohappy:

What a total cliche.

Stephonit
07-07-2022, 07:13 PM

This is actually true. You don't have teams with rosters that have never been to a finals before that have preseason championship odds as long as the Warriors had winning 67 games and a championship. But the Warriors did. Curry is an anomaly.

Axe
07-07-2022, 07:47 PM
This is actually true. You don't have teams with rosters that have never been to a finals before that have preseason championship odds as long as the Warriors had winning 67 games and a championship. But the Warriors did. Curry is an anomaly.
You mean steve kerr.

StrongLurk
07-07-2022, 10:17 PM
Kyrie and Love were the Cavaliers' best players? If you say so. The rest of your post is of similar quality.

Having to play all the other All-NBA First Team is lucky. Having your highest paid player be as useful as David Lee is lucky. Having a bunch of first timers be your backup is lucky. Having a rookie coach is lucky.

What would happen if Curry had to play without Klay and Draymond? I might as well say Curry would win since we are engaging in hypotheticals and you cannot prove me wrong.

That Kyrie/Love thing was an obvious typo and you can read my other posts where I mean a top heavy team losing their second and third best players. But you know what I meant, you just had to be obtuse and lean on more trolling because your so butthurt that I'm right about the Warriors getting extremely lucky against the Cavs that year via injuries.

Really though another poster said you think Curry is better than MJ. If you truly think that then I can't expect you to have an objective grasp on reality so...

Stephonit
07-07-2022, 10:31 PM
That Kyrie/Love thing was an obvious typo and you can read my other posts where I mean a top heavy team losing their second and third best players. But you know what I meant, you just had to be obtuse and lean on more trolling because your so butthurt that I'm right about the Warriors getting extremely lucky against the Cavs that year via injuries.

Really though another poster said you think Curry is better than MJ. If you truly think that then I can't expect you to have an objective grasp on reality so...

As obtuse as your argument that the situations the 2019 Raptors and 2020 Lakers faced weren't similar.

I never said Curry was better than MJ. But I will say this: there hasn't been as transformative a player since—certainly more than L'Inferieur— and as unlikely as it is I wouldn't totally count six rings as out of the question. If it ever reaches that far you can look back at your recent comments and wonder how you didn't see it coming despite already being witness to almost a decade of his greatness.

Shooter
07-07-2022, 11:30 PM

SHUT it DOWN :lol

LeGoat4Life
07-08-2022, 09:56 AM

Lebron wouldn’t even last 24hours as a grocery bagger

He will be too mentally weak and cry when a customer makes a complaint to his face

Snowflake era

Shut it down boyyyys