PDA

View Full Version : Nets want that Kobe on the block package.

Kblaze8855
07-07-2022, 07:16 PM
“I’d heard that Brooklyn came to Minnesota and said we want Karl-Anthony Towns (https://www.si.com/nba/player/karl-anthony-towns), we want [Anthony Edwards] and we want four draft picks,” Goodwill said.

From just before the Gobert deal.

Sounds like when the Lakers told teams they want their 4 best players for Kobe when he wanted out. Bulls couldn’t make it work without including Deng who Kobe wanted to play with so we get to pretend none of that ever happened. Nets may be doing the same. Ask so much they get to say nobody met their price and just hold on till he hopefully relents.

If they’re serious though? They are just trying to Deebo people.

DMAVS41
07-07-2022, 07:26 PM
Only team that can offer them what they want while it making sense for the team giving up a ton...would be the Warriors....or maybe the Suns.

What do you think...would they really turn down Ayton, Bridges, and 4 unprotected firsts?

Kblaze8855
07-07-2022, 07:48 PM
I really don’t see how anyone beats a Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and picks deal. If it’s on the table it’s gotta be the best right?

DMAVS41
07-07-2022, 07:50 PM
I really don’t see how anyone beats a Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and picks deal. If it’s on the table it’s gotta be the best right?

Oh, of course...that is clearly the best deal...

Is it on the table? I honestly don't know...Klay / Dray / Steph might not want him back....but if we are just playing 2k and I get to keep Moody and get Seth Curry or O'neal back...I'm pulling the trigger on that for sure obviously.

FultzNationRISE
07-07-2022, 07:52 PM

Hell no.

Russell Westbrook is a former MVP and aint even old yet.

The Nets WILL NOT get a better deal than Russ for KD straight up.

Someone needs to give Joe Tsai the ****ing memo.

Kblaze8855
07-07-2022, 08:03 PM
I have no evidence it’s on the table I’m just saying if the warriors want him nobody bears their offer. Unless I’m forgetting someone.

Real Men Wear Green
07-07-2022, 08:26 PM
If they are demanding all that they aren't serious. They might as well just reject his trade request outright.

Shogon
07-07-2022, 08:33 PM
The Warriors are probably the only team in the league deep enough to give the Nets two really good players AND make the salaries work without completely gutting their team and there's a really good chance those players wouldn't look as good on the Nets as they do the Warriors.

Given that Durant is likely to tell any team trading for him he doesn't want to play there if theyre gutting the team...

The Nets are going to have to come down in their asking price or he's staying in Brooklyn.

He's 34 in 2 months. This isn't a 26 year old Kevin Durant on a 6 year deal, but that's how Brooklyn is approaching this trade.

DMAVS41
07-07-2022, 08:39 PM
The Warriors are probably the only team in the league deep enough to give the Nets two really good players AND make the salaries work without completely gutting their team and there's a really good chance those players wouldn't look as good on the Nets as they do the Warriors.

Given that Durant is likely to tell any team trading for him he doesn't want to play there if theyre gutting the team...

The Nets are going to have to come down in their asking price or he's staying in Brooklyn.

He's 34 in 2 months. This isn't a 26 year old Kevin Durant on a 6 year deal, but that's how Brooklyn is approaching this trade.

I still say Ayton / Bridges (or Cam...they might prefer Cam) / 4 first rounders is sneaky good...but I'm high on Ayton...but Kuminga has the most upside so any package with him is likely the best.

AirBonner
07-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Bridges might be suspended for his violence lol

Axe
07-07-2022, 08:56 PM
Kat to brooklyn seems a good idea but no way wolves give up so many players again after sending a lot for toody lmao.

DMAVS41
07-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Bridges might be suspended for his violence lol

Wasn't that Miles Bridges?

Shogon
07-07-2022, 09:11 PM
I still say Ayton / Bridges (or Cam...they might prefer Cam) / 4 first rounders is sneaky good...but I'm high on Ayton...but Kuminga has the most upside so any package with him is likely the best.

Who the **** really knows with KD and Kyrie but I don't believe KD wants to go back to Golden State nor do I think it would be a wise move by Golden State.

warriorfan
07-07-2022, 09:21 PM
Golden State says to kick rocks.

Foster5k
07-07-2022, 09:33 PM
Golden State says to kick rocks.

Actually, I can see the Warriors making the deal. The main reason being, they will sooner or later lose some of those players anyhow due to salary cap.

That being said, the Nets are asking WAY too much for an old and just got swept Durant. If Durant was not old(in NBA terms) or didn't just get swept and actually looked unstoppable versus the Celtics, I could see asking for a king's ransom.

I just don't see how any GM will want to give up EVERYTHING for this version of KD. If there is such a GM, in my opinion, he would regret it. Also, lets not forget KD could easily get injured(I REALLY HOPE HE DOESN'T). I'm just saying an injury at his age could easily happen.

Imagine giving away everything for one player and he gets injured and it's over. Also, you could give up everything and you find out KD isn't really KD anymore. He's good but not this unstoppable force you thought you were getting(again Celtics series). You could get KD and make the finals but never win the championship(OKC)...

As you all can see, this isn't a sure thing. If I'm a GM, I'm telling the Nets he's not worth EVERYTHING. I'll tell them I'm willing to make a deal but nothing close to what they're asking.

I think someone is going to get screwed in this trade and it's not going to be the Nets.

LeGoat4Life
07-07-2022, 09:46 PM
Hell no.

Russell Westbrook is a former MVP and aint even old yet.

The Nets WILL NOT get a better deal than Russ for KD straight up.

Someone needs to give Joe Tsai the ****ing memo.

Damn. Lebron couldn’t even make it to the play in with AD and mvp Westbrook.

Need moar help

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 03:34 PM
Murray and Porter Jr.

FultzNationRISE
07-09-2022, 04:41 PM
Murray and Porter Jr.

If I’m the Nuggets... I dont make that trade tbh.

I honestly dont think Durant is that hungry to win. I know he loves to PLAY basketball, but I dont think he’s that driven by the quest for a title. He joined the Warriors because they wanted him there and it was a place he could fit in. He followed Kyrie to the Nets because Kyrie is his pal. I think Durant is a sensitive cat who just wants to feel at peace surrounded by people he feels he can trust and will accept him or whatever.

I doubt he wants to play in Denver with a guy he doesnt know well and may not relate to much in Joker. If Durant was hungry and alpha and ready to go 110%, then yes I think he and Joker make a phenomenal pair.

But at this point... I dont think you can count on him for that. I think hed work better in Phoenix with CP and Book, whom he knows better and whom he can let be the vocal leaders for the role players while he “just plays.”

Counting on Durant to step into a situation and be a leader is not a good idea.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 04:44 PM
If I’m the Nuggets... I dont make that trade tbh.

I honestly dont think Durant is that hungry to win. I know he loves to PLAY basketball, but I dont think he’s that driven by the quest for a title. He joined the Warriors because they wanted him there and it was a place he could fit in. He followed Kyrie to the Nets because Kyrie is his pal. I think Durant is a sensitive cat who just wants to feel at peace surrounded by people he feels he can trust and will accept him or whatever.

I doubt he wants to play in Denver with a guy he doesnt know well and may not relate to much in Joker. If Durant was hungry and alpha and ready to go 110%, then yes I think he and Joker make a phenomenal pair.

But at this point... I dont think you can count on him for that. I think hed work better in Phoenix with CP and Book, whom he knows better and whom he can let be the vocal leaders for the role players while he “just plays.”

Interesting.

I'd probably do it if I'm the Nuggets as you never know with MPJ's injuries...but clearly Durant wants to go to the Suns.

I still say Ayton / Bridges or Cam / Picks should be enough to get a 34 year old Durant. If we are playing deal or no deal...I think the Nets would be stupid to not take that deal if it is between that or nothing.

FultzNationRISE
07-09-2022, 04:48 PM
Interesting.

I'd probably do it if I'm the Nuggets as you never know with MPJ's injuries...but clearly Durant wants to go to the Suns.

I still say Ayton / Bridges or Cam / Picks should be enough to get a 34 year old Durant. If we are playing deal or no deal...I think the Nets would be stupid to not take that deal if it is between that or nothing.

I agree, I also think Utah eventually getting involved could make sense. I think Ayton fits well in Utah with their timeline and all the picks they now have, and Donovan Mitchell makes more sense on a Brooklyn team that at least wants to compete and put butts in the seats.

I think theres gotta be something those three teams can work out that gives each of them the best return theyre likely to get given the situation.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 04:50 PM
I agree, I also think Utah eventually getting involved could make sense. I think Ayton fits well in Utah with their timeline and all the picks they now have, and Donovan Mitchell makes more sense on a Brooklyn team that at least wants to compete and put butts in the seats.

I think theres gotta be something those three teams can work out that gives each of them the best return theyre likely to get given the situation.

I like this, so Mitchell to the Nets, Ayton to the Jazz, and Durant to Suns...as the main pieces?

FultzNationRISE
07-09-2022, 05:07 PM
I like this, so Mitchell to the Nets, Ayton to the Jazz, and Durant to Suns...as the main pieces?

Yeah. Im sure the Nets would try to finagle a bit more in the deal, it sounds like they wanna unload Joe Harris etc, which could complicate things somewhat.

And maybe the Nets would prefer Ayton over Mitchel, who knows. But it sounds like their current ask is proven guys who help them compete now. Theyre certainly not contending for anything regardless, but I think Mitchel fits the bill a bit better than Ayton. And I personally think Ayton would be a great piece for Utah to flip Mitchel for.

So it seems like a foundation all teams could get on board with, but whether or not the details end up aligning is another matter.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 05:10 PM
Yeah. I think the Nets would be the ones to hold it up and try to get more, and I think it would make sense for Phoenix to eventually oblige. The Suns remain significant championship contenders (in theory) if they add KD to their core, so I think they would be expected to sweeten the pot a bit more for BK.

That said, maybe the Nets would prefer Ayton over Mitchel, who knows. But it sounds like their current ask is proven guys who help them compete now. Theyre certainly not contending for anything regardless, but I think Mitchel fits the bill a bit better than Ayton. And I personally think Ayton would be a great piece for Utah to flip Mitchel for.

Yea...they don't want to bottom out because they traded all their picks.

If I'm the Nets...I'd want Ayton / Bridges or Cam....over Mitchell...but I like Ayton a lot and think he's the better asset between him and Mitchell.

For the Jazz I feel the same way...I'd rather have Ayton.

FultzNationRISE
07-09-2022, 05:15 PM
Yea...they don't want to bottom out because they traded all their picks.

If I'm the Nets...I'd want Ayton / Bridges or Cam....over Mitchell...but I like Ayton a lot and think he's the better asset between him and Mitchell.

For the Jazz I feel the same way...I'd rather have Ayton.

I agree personally, but I’m not sure the Nets themselves see it that way. Altho they might. We’ll find out in time.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 05:19 PM
I agree personally, but I’m not sure the Nets themselves see it that way. Altho they might. We’ll find out in time.

I mean, something has to be going on...right?

I mean...he's a 17/10 guy with pretty good defense and he is about to only turn 24.