PDA

View Full Version : With updated cap figures we now have at least four 60 million dollar players.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 03:25 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2207100036560118.jpeg

And by the time we actually get there? Looking at current numbers and the extension raises….we can add about 9 to 11 more who will have 60+ million a year locked in. 60 will be the new 40 faster than you can believe.

Barring injury many of them will get further extensions and will creep into the 75-$80 million range in time with the new cba.

Keep bitching about 50 million dollar top 20 players all you like.

Top 20 guys will make 65 million soon. Get ahead of the game. There’s a reason none of these teams think this is too much money. They have million dollar accountants and cap experts running projections.

Some of these 48-52 million a year deals are gonna look like a BARGAIN soon if the nba doesn’t expand roster size and number of teams. There is too much money to pay the same number of players and not have even sub max guys sitting on 50 million a year.

Anyone thinking I’m exaggerating just isn’t doing the math and looking at the projections. I’m probably on the low end. Max deals could START at 59 million sooner than you think.

Shogon
07-09-2022, 03:27 PM
You really think this needed another thread to argue about?

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 03:30 PM
Id like to think the argument is no longer needed. It’s not about any particular player.

The only thing I’m really wondering about at this point is what they do about it.

European division, Vegas, and Seattle makes sense to me. You have to add players when adding that much revenue. A bad signing is gonna blow like 350 million dollars before you know it.

I feel like the owners will want to spread that out but do it you need more players.

How big can a roster really be expected to be?

Expansion is the only option right?

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 03:35 PM
You really think this needed another thread to argue about?

Yes.

Sooner the better people realize the "worst deals in the league" aren't even noteworthy a few years later most of the time.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 03:40 PM
Yes.

Sooner the better people realize the "worst deals in the league" aren't even noteworthy a few years later most of the time.

I honestly don’t even care about that anymore. They will see. It’s like arguing about the sun rising tomorrow or not. It’s gonna rise barring something apocalyptic so why keep fighting with people who don’t accept it? It will rise and I will be right even if pride won’t let them come back and say so.

Im just wondering how far we go before the league says “No more”.

With dozens of good billionaire options wanting in the club, multiple nba ready cities, and even countries….

Expansion has to be the plan doesn’t it?

If revenue gets us a 171 million dollar cap as is entirely possible in 3-4 years are owners really gonna be comfortable looking at a future where they have to shell out 300 million for unproven guys?

An extra 50-75 roster spots eases the pain.

warriorfan
07-09-2022, 03:41 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/cLGPR1zd/137-E5-C0-C-7-BBF-4613-82-FE-D110-EB43-E815.jpg

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 03:49 PM
Leaving them a cap number of about 153 million with a 123-125 salary cap. Saves them money but there’s nothing to add a player who makes a bad team good. It’s the kinda thing an existing super team type lineup can do to shuffle and retain role players reducing the luxury tax hit. Not a useful gesture for a bad or even average team unless you see value in winning 46 games instead of 43.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 03:50 PM
I honestly don’t even care about that anymore. They will see. It’s like arguing about the sun rising tomorrow or not. It’s gonna rise barring something apocalyptic so why keep fighting with people who don’t accept it? It will rise and I will be right even if pride won’t let them come back and say so.

Im just wondering how far we go before the league says “No more”.

With dozens of good billionaire options wanting in the club, multiple nba ready cities, and even countries….

Expansion has to be the plan doesn’t it?

If revenue gets us a 171 million dollar cap as is entirely possible in 3-4 years are owners really gonna be comfortable looking at a future where they have to shell out 300 million for unproven guys?

An extra 50-75 roster spots eases the pain.

For sure expansion.

Seems like a team in Vegas with Lebron owning it is a lock in the next 5 to 10 years.

My best guess would be Vegas / Seattle within the next 5 to 10 years...then a couple European teams after that.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 03:56 PM
Leaving them a cap number of about 153 million with a 123-125 salary cap. Saves them money but there’s nothing to add a player who makes a bad team good. It’s the kinda thing an existing super team type lineup can do to shuffle and retain role players reducing the luxury tax hit. Not a useful gesture for a bad or even average team unless you see value in winning 46 games instead of 43.

I'm not dialed into the Sixers situation so maybe I'm missing something, but I thought the same.

Aren't they hardcapped the next 2 years or close to it after the Tucker signing even without Harden?

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 03:58 PM
Tampa and Nashville in the East…Seattle and Vegas out west. Expand rosters to like 17. Add one more round to the draft to have more salary controlled young guys. That’s 120+ spots right there. I think the union is usually anti expansion but the low end guys would be in favor for more security far as grabbing a spot and holding on.

I think that would be a fair compromise.

warriorfan
07-09-2022, 03:59 PM

I'm not dialed into the Sixers situation so maybe I'm missing something, but I thought the same.

Aren't they hardcapped the next 2 years or close to it after the Tucker signing even without Harden?

Harden wouldn’t be leaving money on the table for nothing. We can safely say his agent is more in the know then us.

It would make it easier for 76ers to trade Harden to another team if he thinks he has a better shot at winning somewhere else.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:00 PM

They have 4 million to work with under the hard cap though they are way way over the soft.

It changes some small MLE I think. Can keep an extra end of the roster guy I think. They can’t outright sign anyone good.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:02 PM
Harden wouldn’t be leaving money on the table for nothing. We can safely say his agent is more in the know then us.

It would make it easier for 76ers to trade Harden to another team if he thinks he has a better shot at winning somewhere else.

It isn’t nothing. It helps hold onto the end of the roster types and Harden gets to earn another big extension with a healthy season because reports are he didn’t have much of a market this summer.

Bit of a “Prove it” situation. He’s not so much leaving money as trying to prove he’s worth more. He was guaranteed 47 now he has 60+ on lock with an option to get more if he has a great year and they want to lock him up. See it in the nfl all the time from high paid vets. Spread more money over two years for the security as you prove you still have it and hope for one more contract.

warriorfan
07-09-2022, 04:02 PM
They have 4 million to work with under the hard cap though they are way way over the soft.

It changes some small MLE I think. Can keep an extra end of the roster guy I think. They can’t outright sign anyone good.

Never know who you can get for vet min down the road. It’s always better to leave your options open. Even if they are a long shot.

Miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

And it could be to make the money work on a potential trade.

Harden and his agent aren’t giving away millions for nothing. There is a reason even if you are unable to figure it out.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 04:09 PM
Someone in the other thread said this is how they got PJ Tucker...so that definitely is something.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:11 PM
Never know who you can get for vet min down the road. It’s always better to leave your options open. Even if they are a long shot.

Miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

And it could be to make the money work on a potential trade.

Harden and his agent aren’t giving away millions for nothing. There is a reason even if you are unable to figure it out.

You make 100K a year at your job and have one year left. You job hunt and no company offers you that either because they don’t have it or don’t think you’re worth it. You go back to your job and take 80 a year for 2 years with an employee option on that second year hoping they see your worth or some other company increases it’s budget by next year.

Did you lose money?

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:13 PM
Someone in the other thread this is how they got PJ Tucker...so that definitely is something.

Oh you can always do something with a role player or two on an already great team. PJ matters to a team with multiple stars already. On the pacers? Not so much.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 04:14 PM
Oh you can always do something with a role player or two on an already great team. PJ matters to a team with multiple stars already. On the pacers? Not so much.

For sure, I wasn't posting that to you...just for the thread as I didn't know the benefit of the pay cut like I said.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:32 PM
Looking into the expansion issue there are rumors that the company that owns the Redsox and Liverpool wanted to buy Minnesota but held off because they have inside info Vegas is getting a team. And the company is heavily affiliated with Lebron who could run it in a Jeter running the Marlins as minority owner kinda way so the Lebron Vegas expansion mentioned earlier isn’t entirely out of the question.

But one team won’t do it. They need another run like the 80s when Minny, Dallas, Orlando, the Hornets, and Heat all came in in like 8 years. They legit need 36 teams or Trae young might make 92 million in one season.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 04:37 PM
It's all about the timing for me. I'd bet a lot of money that in 15 years...there are at least 4 more NBA teams.

And with that will have to come some different rules or structures in place about player movement....as the talent will get spread out even more and nothing is going to change the number of true championship first options floating around...

So good luck if you don't have one.

GOBB
07-09-2022, 04:40 PM
Yes.

And it annoys me that people pretend this not to be the case. In two years no one will care what Beal is getting. Because they will be on to the next player and how much they make.

“Omg sixers Al horford worst contract ever. Can’t even trade it.”. Sixers trade Al horford…

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:40 PM
With the expansion fee expected to be set at 2.5 billion all the existing owners get 166 million each straight cash if they go forward with just 2 teams.

Some of those less cash rich owners will surely vote for it. And even the rich owners can’t like the idea of paying some washed up star 86 million a season because he was great when he had two knees. It’s pretty much a lock.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:42 PM
We are gonna get some gaaaaaarbage ass team names aren’t we? Remember the contest to name the Raptors and Bobcats?

Bobcats won over the Dragons and Flight.

We are gonna get the Las Vegas Scorpions or some shit aren’t we?

GOBB
07-09-2022, 04:45 PM

Harden is going to get paid his next deal. Be it in Philly (hope not) or elsewhere. He sacrifice millions which is risky but the reward is adding Tucker and House. Harden who was grilled after playoffs is now being celebrated for the move. But rest assured if he shows any resemblance of old Harden or at least has better moments in games he looked like Ben Simmons? He’s gonna real the benefits financially down the road. Harden scratched Morey back and someone (maybe Morey but I hope not) will scratch his.

DMAVS41
07-09-2022, 04:46 PM
We are gonna get some gaaaaaarbage ass team names aren’t we? Remember the contest to name the Raptors and Bobcats?

https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/vancouverbasketballgrizzlies.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

GOBB
07-09-2022, 04:46 PM

It’s inevitable. Look at the Washington football team now Washington Commanders. Zzzz

Nba just really gets goofy with the expansion names tho. Gonna be something nutty for sure

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:48 PM
Minnesotas backup name was the Polars. OKC was almost the Bison, Wind, or Energy. Orlando had the Magic, Tropics, Juice, and Heat as their final 4. They took Magic and Miami took the Heat later. The Raptors other options were the Beavers, Bobcats, and Hogs. Jurassic park saved them.

Im not looking forward to the Nashville Yard Goats.

**** it. Just pay Anthony Edwards 83 million.

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 04:52 PM
It’s inevitable. Look at the Washington football team now Washington Commanders. Zzzz

Nba just really gets goofy with the expansion names tho. Gonna be something nutty for sure

I love calling them the football team just to piss off my redskin fan friends. Down south a lot of old people are redskin fans because they were the only team on tv between Miami and Baltimore way back in the day before the Falcons, Titans, Panthers, Bucs or any of them came in. So a lot of peoples grandfathers made them Redskin fans down here. It was the home team of the whole south like the Braves in baseball.

They all hate that Commander and football team shit so I just have to bring it up now and then.

Xiao Yao You
07-09-2022, 05:31 PM
the trolls will still be talking about Gobert's contract as he becomes more and more underpaid with each new signing :lol

Kblaze8855
07-09-2022, 05:38 PM
the trolls will still be talking about Gobert's contract as he becomes more and more underpaid with each new signing :lol

At a glance by the time he’s making 46(assuming he doesn’t decline the option) that 46 won’t be shit. At least 23 people will have deals by then to make it not worth talking about. And that’s not counting a number of current rookie deal guys I can’t be sure about. I don’t know what a rookie Supermax will look like after the new cba in 2024.

Xiao Yao You
07-09-2022, 05:51 PM
At a glance by the time he’s making 46(assuming he doesn’t decline the option) that 46 won’t be shit. At least 23 people will have deals by then to make it not worth talking about. And that’s not counting a number of current rookie deal guys I can’t be sure about. I don’t know what a rookie Supermax will look like after the new cba in 2024.

already one of his lesser teammates makes more and Ant will get paid next year

Kblaze8855
07-10-2022, 09:27 AM
While I’d rather have Rudy for 46 then KAT for 62 I doubt the Jazz see Rudy as their franchise player. Pretty clear the Jazz didn’t either. He’s not the type to be a franchises top priority.

Kblaze8855
07-10-2022, 09:35 AM
Well no that’s not fair. He’d be the priority of a team looking to get somewhere. He’s not gonna usually be the top guy on a team that already believes it’s arrived.