PDA

View Full Version : True or false: Lebron was a better player then kobe in 2007?

TAZORAC
07-10-2022, 03:53 PM
2007 Lebron who should have been a junior in senior in college, who led the D-League Cavs to the championship was better than prime Kobe Bryant true or false?

Remove Lebron from the 2007 Cavs and put Kobe on the Cavs, do they even make the playoffs?

LeGoat4Life
07-10-2022, 04:06 PM
Kobe wins chip with cav

Next

TAZORAC
07-10-2022, 04:57 PM
Kobe wins chip with cav

Next

You really don't believe that. :rolleyes:

ImKobe
07-10-2022, 08:01 PM
False. Bran couldn't buy a bucket vs Spurs and was a TO machine and the best team he beat in the POs was 6th in SRS and the first two opponents had a negative SRS.. 4 teams out West had a better SRS than the '07 Pistons so clearly the inferior EC got exposed in the Finals. Put Kobe in Bran's place and he doesn't get swept vs Spurs. Kobe beat that same team in 5 games and didn't get much more help offensively but he shat on TD and Bowen on the other end.

3ba11
07-10-2022, 08:05 PM
False. Bran couldn't buy a bucket vs Spurs and was a TO machine and the best team he beat in the POs was 6th in SRS and the first two opponents had a negative SRS.. 4 teams out West had a better SRS than the '07 Cavs so clearly the inferior EC got exposed in the Finals. Put Kobe in Bran's place and he doesn't get swept vs Spurs. Kobe beat that same team in 5 games and didn't get much more help offensively but he shat on TD and Bowen on the other end.

Agreed - let's see how they fared against the same competition:

Lebron vs 07' Spurs...... 22 on 35%
Kobe vs 08' Spurs......... 30 on 50%

The reality is that there's no point in Lebron's career where he could win with a secondary scorer at sidekick that averaged far less in the Finals... He lacks the required brand of ball and elite jumpshooting skill to defeat maximum defensive attention (successfully carry scoring load in Finals), so he needs all-time scorers and elite 1st options at sidekick that nearly match his Finals scoring

ImKobe
07-10-2022, 08:14 PM
Agreed - let's see how they fared against the same competition:

Lebron vs 07' Spurs...... 22 on 35%
Kobe vs 08' Spurs......... 30 on 50%

The reality is that there's no point in Lebron's career where he could win with a secondary scorer at sidekick that averaged far less in the Finals... He lacks the required brand of ball and elite jumpshooting skill to defeat maximum defensive attention (successfully carry scoring load in Finals), so he needs all-time scorers and elite 1st options at sidekick that nearly match his Finals scoring

My bad, I was referring to the Pistons team that they beat, the EC was clearly inferior. a Kirk Hinrich Bulls squad had a #1 SRS in that Conference LMAO.

Kobe abused that Spurs' squad something different, the raw averages don't reflect how dominant he was in that series. Gasol was meh and TD dominated the Lakers' front court but it didn't matter because Kobe was finishing over TD at will and got past Bowen any time he wanted.

Johnny32
07-10-2022, 08:15 PM
07 cavs win 35 games with kobe "leading" the way.

PeroAntic
07-10-2022, 08:16 PM
false. 2007 Kobe was in his absolute prime both physically and skill wise. He was obviously better than a raw Lebron who hasn't even hit his athletic peak.

Johnny32
07-10-2022, 08:22 PM
i take back my 35 wins prediction. we saw kobe with shit rosters for a couple seasons and he couldn't handle it because he wasn't mentally tough enough. he threw bynum under the bus to random fans in a parking lot then went on local radio crying for a trade. he would have forced his way out before 2007.

3ba11
07-10-2022, 08:47 PM

Lebron needed 3 seasons to develop his team into a veteran high seed before entering the 06' playoffs - the all-star duo of Lebron/Zydrunas added a 22/5/5 all-defender and the future COY to make the 06' Playoffs.

Heck, Shawn Kemp carried Zydrunas to the 98' Playoffs, while Lebron was lottery with the all-star version of Zydrunas in 05' (18/9 and 2.1 blocks)

Lebron couldn't outperform Kemp with Zydrunas, but Kobe would because he repeated with Pau, who wasn't that much better

LeGoat4Life
07-10-2022, 11:36 PM
You really don't believe that. :rolleyes:

The same prime big 3 spur that Kobe killed year after year in his career?

While Lebron couldn’t even beat an old out of prime Spur?

Lol :roll:

Fact: Lebron has yet to bet anyone in their prime yet

plowking
07-10-2022, 11:54 PM
Kobe. Quite comfortably too.

HoopsNY
07-11-2022, 12:41 AM
That was Kobe's 10th year in the league and he was consistently on perennial contenders, going to the finals 4 times and winning 3 chips. It's not a fair comparison really.

2much_knowledge
07-11-2022, 01:54 AM
According to lebron himself, he said kobe was better than him in 09...

So 07?? Hell no.

RRR3
07-11-2022, 01:58 AM
False LeBron wasn’t in his prime yet and Kobe was at his apex. I don’t think LeBron was even second best at that point (assuming you had Kobe first), Dirk, KG, Duncan, and Wade all had good cases over him. Maybe Nash too if you’re high on him I guess.

StrongLurk
07-11-2022, 08:47 AM
Kobe was definitely better in 07.

Duderonomy
07-11-2022, 10:31 AM

Not really comparable since early Bron-ball doesn't allow better teammates to shine. Kobe with Hughes , Big Z , and Gooden wouldn't have gotten swept. Give LeBron fisher, Gasol and Odom and you end up with an excuse not 3 finals in row.

Johnny32
07-11-2022, 11:25 AM
Kobe with Hughes , Big Z , and Gooden wouldn't have gotten swept.

agreed because they wouldn't make the playoffs.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:29 AM
Not really comparable since early Bron-ball doesn't allow better teammates to shine. Kobe with Hughes , Big Z , and Gooden wouldn't have gotten swept. Give LeBron fisher, Gasol and Odom and you end up with an excuse not 3 finals in row.

The all-star duo of Lebron/Zydrunas added a 22/5/5 defender and the future COY to make the 06' Playoffs

So Lebron needed 3 years to develop his team into a veteran, high seed before entering the playoffs

In the East, that's nothing.

It's bad infact

So no .. Kobe would be a perennial contender with a bunch of decorated vets in the woat conference

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 11:58 AM

Not that it really matters but Hughes didn't play and Big Z got absolutely obliterated by Duncan. 8ppg on 35% shooting :wtf:

ImKobe
07-11-2022, 01:23 PM
Not that it really matters but Hughes didn't play and Big Z got absolutely obliterated by Duncan. 8ppg on 35% shooting :wtf:

Gasol got obliterated by Duncan in '08 too but the difference was that the Spurs literally had no answer for KB while they could take the paint away from Bran and force him into jump shots and he was a very streaky shooter at the time. Bran was a sub-30% shooter from outside 3 ft in the '07 POs.

TAZORAC
07-11-2022, 07:00 PM
i take back my 35 wins prediction. we saw kobe with shit rosters for a couple seasons and he couldn't handle it because he wasn't mentally tough enough. he threw bynum under the bus to random fans in a parking lot then went on local radio crying for a trade. he would have forced his way out before 2007.

You just reminded me, alot of people forget that before the Lakers got Gasol (top 3 PF in the league at the time) he cried to the Lakers front office about a trade.

That year Kobe hit 81 against the Raptors, I don't even think the Lakers made the playoffs.