PDA

View Full Version : don't sleep on this MAVS roster

Doomsday Dallas
07-10-2022, 05:02 PM
PG - Luka Doncic / Frank Ntilikina (Dinwiddie)

SG - Spencer Dinwiddie / Tim Hardaway Jr.

SF - Reggie Bullock / Davis Bertans (Luka)

PF - Dorian Finney-Smith / Christian Wood / Maxi Kleber

C - Javale McGee / Dwight Powell (Wood)

assuming everyone can stay healthy in the playoffs... it's a solid team.

Slightly improved from last years squad but Brunson will be missed.

TAZORAC
07-10-2022, 05:25 PM
Repeat of last year, will be about the 6-7th best team in the west

Johnny32
07-10-2022, 05:33 PM
sleeping on that trash all day. luka's going to have to leave dal to get a real contender around him.

theballerFKA Ace
07-10-2022, 05:48 PM
When will primetime come out and play? DDD used to only be reserved for the OTC

Akeem34TheDream
07-10-2022, 06:11 PM
Mavericks were a dangerous team last year and they will be in the next couple of years. But i need to see some improvements with Luka otherwise it is pretty much the same team.

Doomsday Dallas
07-10-2022, 06:49 PM
But i need to see some improvements with Luka otherwise it is pretty much the same team.

He's getting in better shape... He will be ready for war next year.

https://ic-cdn.flipboard.com/si.com/48663a32c07ca93ed7973f2ab2d0eeb03032b1e1/_large.jpeg

Doomsday Dallas
07-10-2022, 07:00 PM
sleeping on that trash all day. luka's going to have to leave dal to get a real contender around him.

We will probably make that trade or signing in 2023/2024.

but for now... Luka may be able to compete for a Championship with the talent he currently has. Maybe.

I think the Mavs can be a top 3 team in the West this year.

90sgoat
07-10-2022, 08:46 PM
The team is vastly improved just by getting some serviceable centers.

Favorites to win the West now.

FultzNationRISE
07-10-2022, 09:16 PM
I dont know what to make of em tbh. Wouldnt be surprised by any result I guess.

FilmyCogTurner
07-10-2022, 09:48 PM
Your starting lineup is way off buddy...

Full Court
07-10-2022, 09:56 PM
Dinwiddie is very underrated. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Mavs can do this year.

FilmyCogTurner
07-10-2022, 10:15 PM
Was there any chance of the Mavs working out a sign and trade for Brunson? Get something back in return.

DMAVS41
07-10-2022, 10:31 PM
Pretty much the standard Dallas team after Cuban refused to keep Nash after 04.

Relying pretty much solely on the greatness of one player to cover up the roster mistakes while winning around 50 games because you have an all-time great player.

It isn't a title contending supporting cast...it isn't bad either. Will take someone, other than Luka, taking a leap or stepping up huge in the playoffs to win a 2nd round series...or even a first round series depending on the matchup.

At some point they have to give Luka a legit 2nd guy...because I'm not sure he'll be as loyal as Dirk was...

Johnny32
07-10-2022, 11:53 PM
He's getting in better shape... He will be ready for war next year.

https://ic-cdn.flipboard.com/si.com/48663a32c07ca93ed7973f2ab2d0eeb03032b1e1/_large.jpeg

damn leluka looking like a beast.

hold this L
07-11-2022, 12:07 AM
They're not making the western conference this upcoming season. They're going to miss the dude that jumped ship to NY.

GOBB
07-11-2022, 07:37 AM
Damn Luka is euro bron if that’s the type of talent he’s playing with lol

hold this L
07-11-2022, 07:53 AM
They're not making the western conference this upcoming season. They're going to miss the dude that jumped ship to NY.

finals*

ArbitraryWater
07-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Mavericks were a dangerous team last year and they will be in the next couple of years. But i need to see some improvements with Luka otherwise it is pretty much the same team.

Lmao, you need to see improvements with Luka?

Nobody is doing more with less than Luka, and you still need to see more with Luka?

hold this L
07-11-2022, 10:56 AM

Nobody is doing more with less than Luka, and you still need to see more with Luka?
Jokic did last season. Mavs are 9-9 without Luka last season.

Xiao Yao You
07-11-2022, 11:05 AM

I need to see more from anyone 23. A lot more

FilmyCogTurner
07-11-2022, 11:10 AM
More from Luka would be him doing less. Take that for data.

jayfan
07-11-2022, 11:17 AM
Your starting lineup is way off buddy...

This. Wood is starting.

NBAGOAT
07-11-2022, 11:58 AM
In the current western conference yea this roster doesn’t look that good though the defense should be good. playin teams have 2 all stars now even(kings). Too many guys on the team who make 10-20 mil and half of them are negative contracts. You can go that route with your roster but you need to add a 2nd star go deep into the luxury tax like ballmer. Luka can carry them to the 2nd rd however, he is that good

FilmyCogTurner
07-11-2022, 12:09 PM
Nailing down that second piece has been tough. The Mavs have a lot of players that teams already have their own versions of so difficult to make moves. Almost need a third team involved.

I keep thinking a John Collins or Julius Randle would be nice. Both not happy where they're at so I think some type of deal could be made.

Luka needs help is all I know and I like the collection of players on the team it's just their skill sets are all so similar to each other.

Xiao Yao You
07-11-2022, 02:33 PM
In the current western conference yea this roster doesn’t look that good though the defense should be good. playin teams have 2 all stars now even(kings). Too many guys on the team who make 10-20 mil and half of them are negative contracts. You can go that route with your roster but you need to add a 2nd star go deep into the luxury tax like ballmer. Luka can carry them to the 2nd rd however, he is that good

Sabonis and who are the Kings all-stars?

ralph_i_el
07-11-2022, 04:57 PM
Not enough playmaking outside of Luka. Hardy is probably not ready to make a big impact. That's a pretty weak big man rotation. Every one of those bigs has serious positive aspects, but glaring holes in their game. If they keep their big man rotation healthy and figure out how to juggle them with different matchups, they can win 50+

They're going to miss Brunson.

Doomsday Dallas
07-11-2022, 07:58 PM
Not enough playmaking outside of Luka. Hardy is probably not ready to make a big impact. That's a pretty weak big man rotation. Every one of those bigs has serious positive aspects, but glaring holes in their game. If they keep their big man rotation healthy and figure out how to juggle them with different matchups, they can win 50+

Here's the thing about that.... The best 2 players on the team are point guards... and yet, we still need another one?

Shouldn't we be able to get away without having much from our 3rd best PG on team?

The way I see it... Dinwiddie will step up in Brunson's absence... And THJ will fill the void for Dinwiddie replacing Brunson.

Dinwiddie is the 6th man coming off the Bench.

And yea... Woods will be a starter.

We are 10 deep... every starter has a solid back-up. Just have to keep Luka & Dinwiddie healthy at all cost.

Luka / Dinwiddie
Woods / Bertans
Finney-Smith / Maxi
THJ / Bullock
Powell / McGee

You can still put Woods at Center and have five 3-point shooters on the court.

NBAGOAT
07-11-2022, 08:08 PM
Here's the thing about that.... The best 2 players on the team are point guards... and yet, we still need another one?

Shouldn't we be able to get away without having much from our 3rd best PG on team?

The way I see it... Dinwiddie will step up in Brunson's absence... And THJ will fill the void for Dinwiddie replacing Brunson.

Dinwiddie is the 6th man coming off the Bench.

And yea... Woods will be a starter.

We are 10 deep... every starter has a solid back-up. Just have to keep Luka & Dinwiddie healthy at all cost.

Luka / Dinwiddie
Woods / Bertans
Finney-Smith / Maxi
THJ / Bullock
Powell / McGee

You can still put Woods at Center and have five 3-point shooters on the court.

bertans isnt a solid backup. You do go 9 deep but there are multiple teams with better benches and better star power. Boston's bench is like brogdon/white/gallinari/williams. Clippers go 12 deep with kawhi/george.

DMAVS41
07-11-2022, 10:06 PM
bertans isnt a solid backup. You do go 9 deep but there are multiple teams with better benches and better star power. Boston's bench is like brogdon/white/gallinari/williams. Clippers go 12 deep with kawhi/george.

It's a solid roster, but missing the 2nd most important part of contending...having a reliable 2nd guy that is all-star or all-nba level.

Simply put...probably not going to win a title paying Hardaway / Bertans / Powell a combined 45 million. This is why I like having Beal for the Wizards...if they really wanted to...they could take those guys back for Beal and get 3 or 4 unprotected firsts if they wanted to rebuild.

Carbine
07-11-2022, 10:26 PM
If Luka won a title with this roster it would be better a miracle. That would the weakest team to win a title in my lifetime.

Doomsday Dallas
07-12-2022, 11:01 PM
Hardy is probably not ready to make a big impact.

https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Mavs-news-Dallas-makes-decision-on-Jaden-Hardy-after-Jalen-Brunson_s-exit.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6raZojQl54