PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook exposed Lebron's game

3ba11
07-11-2022, 09:38 AM
He's just a simpleton, Luka-style ball-dominator with:

* bad teammate fits

* no development of young players

* bad chemistry and brand of ball (low assist team)

So he never learned how to win (organic.. chemistry) and must be a talent-based winner (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy)

1987_Lakers
07-11-2022, 09:41 AM
MJ exposed for playing in an era with little help defense and no zones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoeTN2-q7I4&feature=emb_title

3ba11
07-11-2022, 09:46 AM
MJ exposed for playing in an era with little help defense and no zones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoeTN2-q7I4&feature=emb_title

Another bullshit video from some 5'5" guy that never picked up a ball and learned the game on the internet

You shouldn't post crap like that and pretend you're making some kind of point.. You just posted the homemade video of a 5'5" random person babbling away

Here's the historical record- Jordan played without spacing... :confusedshrug:

Today's player cries when a big man is posting in their driving lane.... F'kin wimps.... That was the STANDARD in prior eras - driving and paint scoring was impossible compared to today's offensively engineered game - neat, organized spacing

Everyone agrees that MJ would average 40 today and some people like me believe 50... 50 in today's beginner format

1987_Lakers
07-11-2022, 09:58 AM
Another bullshit video from some 5'5" guy that never picked up a ball and learned the game on the internet

You shouldn't post crap like that and pretend you're making some kind of point.. You just posted the homemade video of a 5'5" random person babbling away

Today's player cries when a big man is posting in their driving lane.... F'kin wimps.... That was the STANDARD in prior eras - driving and paint scoring was impossible compared to today's offensively engineered game - neat, organized spacing

Everyone agrees that MJ would average 40 today and some people like me believe 50... 50 in today's beginner format

"Illegal defense" rule made it easier for a player to ISO without having to worry about zone defenses and massive help defense despite weak spacing.

MJ played in an inferior brand of rules.

RRR3
07-11-2022, 10:04 AM
OP is in a nursing home.

LeGoat4Life
07-11-2022, 10:26 AM
We already saw how Lebron ball works in the west

He led the lakers to 3 years of lottery. Would been 4 if AD didn’t come

Lebron balls work well in a weak east conference

Lebron is still a playoff virgin out in the west without daddy Ad

3ba11
07-11-2022, 10:33 AM
"Illegal defense" rule made it easier for a player to ISO without having to worry about zone defenses and massive help defense despite weak spacing.

MJ played in an inferior brand of rules.

Today's defense doesn't allow zone in the paint - defenders aren't allowed in the paint... :confusedshrug:

Look at Maurice Speights in the gif below - he's forced to remain within armslength of Pau, so he must follow Pau away from the rim to avoid defensive 3 seconds - that's when Lebron chooses to drive - he drives when the rules force Speights AWAY from the driver.. The rules force help defenders to run AWAY from penetrators.. :oldlol:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/qoijGMUGGV4dO/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ee91b99f3cb064e5dea801e4365f cffb6808e640&rid=giphy.gif

Otoh, illegal defense allowed defenders to sag off their man and play halfway in between.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-01-2015/mPufIB.gif

So please stop watching cable or believing what they say. They don't know anything

Ultimately, the lack of spacing meant that help defenders were closer than today's spacing - that's the definition of spacing.

The lack of spacing meant that players were automatically doubled wherever they caught the ball in the halfcourt - help defenders were always a few feet away and the lack of spacing meant that one defender could guard multiple guys.

There was no need for strongside flood because all 10 players were already on the strongside - no one was in the far corner on the weakside (no weakside spacing), so everyone just stayed on the strongside

https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-02-2015/RHtH1z.gif

Notice the superior quick instinct and skill required to score against no-spacing and 5-defender strongsides

Hey Yo
07-11-2022, 10:38 AM
MJ verified 20yrs ago that he wouldn't have come close to having the career he did if zone was allowed when he played.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 10:53 AM
MJ verified 20yrs ago that he wouldn't have come close to having the career he did if zone was allowed when he played.

Nope

He thought the rule changes would implement a full zone like college, where everyone averages less

Once he found out that it was an open paint format (defensive 3) and hands-off with no impeding, he said that he would score 100 and everyone agreed

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Westbrook

2014: 22ppg
2015: 28ppg
2016: 23ppg
2017: 32ppg

How do we explain the up and down nature of this??

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:00 AM
Westbrook

2015 started the Warriors' pace and space era, so everyone's numbers went up

Only then did Lebron's playoff APG start to overtake Jordan (after 9 years in playoffs)

2016 was an anomaly before the new rules in 2017 (no impede) that gave everyone another boost to their numbers

Hey Yo
07-11-2022, 11:03 AM
Nope

He thought the rule changes would implement a full zone like college, where everyone averages less

Once he found out that it was an open paint format (defensive 3) and hands-off with no impeding, he said that he would score 100 and everyone agreed

Wrong.....

RRR3
07-11-2022, 11:06 AM
OP is in a nursing home.
He can’t even deny this. Senileball.

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 11:10 AM
2015 started the Warriors' pace and space era, so everyone's numbers went up

Only then did Lebron's playoff APG start to overtake Jordan (after 9 years in playoffs)

2016 was an anomaly before the new rules in 2017 (no impede) that gave everyone another boost to their numbers

Wrong :lol

How about Ray Allen?

2007: 26ppg
2008: 18ppg

James Harden?

2011: 12ppg
2012: 17ppg
2013: 26ppg

Mark Aguirre?

1987: 26ppg
1988: 25 ppg
First half of 1989: 22ppg
Second half of 1989: 16ppg

What happened there?

Antawn Jameson

2003: 22ppg
2004: 15 ppg
2005: 20ppg

Just random variance?

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:15 AM

How about Ray Allen?

James Harden?

Mark Aguirre?

What happened there?

Antawn Jameson

Just random variance?

Jamison averaged 20 as third option in 05', but only 15 as 2nd option alongside Lebron.

So accept that Lebron lacks the skills and IQ to fit with guys like Jamison, Westbrook, and many more - the bad fit with Westbrook resulted in missing the play-in with the preseason favorite lol (worst-ever underachevement)

Lebron has been exposed as a Luka-style ball-dominator with bad teammate fits and massive loser before the "decision"

1987_Lakers
07-11-2022, 11:18 AM
"If teams were able to play zone defense, I would have never had the career I had" - MJ himself

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/michael_jordan_said_that_zone_defenses_would_have_ changed_his_career/s1_16751_34752656

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 11:23 AM

How about Ray Allen?

James Harden?

Mark Aguirre?

What happened there?

Antawn Jameson

Just random variance?

This completely stumped him :lol

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:23 AM
"If teams were able to play zone defense, I would have never had the career I had" - MJ himself

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/michael_jordan_said_that_zone_defenses_would_have_ changed_his_career/s1_16751_34752656

Once he found out that it was an open paint format (defensive 3) and hands-off with no impeding, he said that he would score 100 and everyone agreed:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/492180-michael-jordan-says-he-could-score-100-in-todays-nbawould-you-bet-against-him.amp.html

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:25 AM
This completely stumped him :lol

Lebron lacks the IQ and skills to fit with Westbrook, so they missed the play-in with the preseason favorite

Shawk made no point with those numbers like usual - he just posted a bunch of numbers - that's great but it doesn't change the fact that Lebron lacks the IQ and skills to fit with Westbrook, so they missed the play-in with the preseason favorite

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 11:28 AM
Lebron lacks the IQ and skills to fit with Westbrook, so they missed the play-in with the preseason favorite

Shawk made no point with those numbers like usual - he just posted a bunch of numbers - that's great but it doesn't change the fact that Lebron lacks the IQ and skills to fit with Westbrook, so they missed the play-in with the preseason favorite

That's because I asked you to tell me why all of the players I listed had such drastic variance in their numbers from year to year. We both know why but you're too cowardly to say.

The post had nothing to do with Lebron.

Hey Yo
07-11-2022, 11:28 AM

Straight from the horses mouth.... it's irrefutable.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:30 AM
Straight from the horses mouth.... it's irrefutable.

Once he found out that it wasn't a zone, he said that he would score 100 and everyone agreed:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/492180-michael-jordan-says-he-could-score-100-in-todays-nbawould-you-bet-against-him.amp.html

Hey Yo
07-11-2022, 11:31 AM

Once he found out that it was an open paint format (defensive 3) and hands-off with no impeding, he said that he would score 100 and everyone agreed:

That was 10yrs after his original quote, which makes it irrelevant.

Dude was scared to death to face zone defenses.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:35 AM
That was 10yrs after his original quote,

Exactly, once everyone saw that it wasn't a real zone and it was an easier hands-off format with open paint - that's when he said that he could score 100 and everyone agrees

Everyone has always said he would average 40 in today's game, and some say 50, including me

SouBeachTalents
07-11-2022, 11:36 AM
That's because I asked you to tell me why all of the players I listed had such drastic variance in their numbers from year to year. We both know why but you're too cowardly to say.

Yep, he a bitch.

RRR3
07-11-2022, 11:38 AM
Yep, he a bitch.
Whiniest poster in ISH history? Either him, ImKobe or Spurs m8 that’s for sure.

Johnny32
07-11-2022, 11:39 AM
mj has a very simple understanding of basketball. he's proven that many times over.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:39 AM

who knows what happened those years - we're talking about what happened this year

And we all know what happened this year - Lebron didn't fit with Westbrook - this confirms Lebron's low IQ and ball-dominant skillset (one dimensional)

Johnny32
07-11-2022, 11:41 AM
Why derail the thread with irrelevant numbers?

We aren't talking about those years - who knows what happened

But we know what happened this year - Lebron didn't fit with Westbrook - this confirms Lebron's low IQ and ball-dominant skillset (one dimensional)

rem this topic?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499762-Does-LeGOAT-have-the-highest-basketball-IQ-of-all-time

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 11:41 AM
https://c.tenor.com/zdFtiktD6-wAAAAM/accomplished-job.gif

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:43 AM
https://c.tenor.com/zdFtiktD6-wAAAAM/accomplished-job.gif

Yes you were defeated.. now get going since you can't respond

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 11:44 AM

:roll::roll:

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:47 AM
rem this topic?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499762-Does-LeGOAT-have-the-highest-basketball-IQ-of-all-time

Memory doesn't equal IQ.... :hammerhead:

Who cares that he memorizes plays - THAT'S LITERALLY NOTHING - this is a great example of the fraud - pretending nothing is something

Lebron lacks understanding of teammate fits, teammate development, chemistry and brand of ball, so he can't win organically and must be a talent-based winner (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy)

Zero rookies or young players developed into viable producers on his watch, while his Luka-style skillset has the worst teammate fits in history.. so he can't win organically and must be a talent-based winner (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy)

Hey Yo
07-11-2022, 11:47 AM
Exactly, once everyone saw that it wasn't a real zone and it was an easier hands-off format with open paint - that's when he said that he could score 100 and everyone agrees

Everyone has always said he would average 40 in today's game, and some say 50, including me

If he were confident... he would've came out and said it a lot sooner rather than 10yrs later.

Quite clear he was scared of zone defense.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:50 AM
If he were confident... he would've came out and said it a lot sooner rather than 10yrs later.

Quite clear he was scared of zone defense.

It isn't Jordan's job to say that he would do this or that

And if he doesn't say anything, it doesn't mean anything

His original comment was in 2001 when everyone thought it would be a full zone like college

But ever since the rule changes were implemented in 2005 and everyone saw that it wasn't a real zone - that's when everyone said Jordan would average 40, and some people say 50, including me

Hey Yo
07-11-2022, 11:52 AM
It isn't Jordan's job to say that he would do this or that

And if he doesn't say anything, it doesn't mean anything

His original comment was in 2001 when everyone thought it would be a full zone like college

But ever since the rule changes were implemented in 2005 and everyone saw that it wasn't a real zone - everyone says that Jordan would average 40, and some people say 50, including me

You're making shit up. MJ knew exactly what was being implemented and he still made that comment.

Take the L, chico

3ba11
07-11-2022, 11:58 AM
You're making shit up. MJ knew exactly what was being implemented and he still made that comment.

Take the L, chico

No one had heard of defensive 3 seconds where the defender must remain within "armslength"

heck, no one even knew that hand-checking was getting banned, otherwise Jordan wouldn't have said that in 2001

It was very fluid

But once it became clear that the rule changes had exploded offenses, people started to understand the details - the rules banned physicality and didn't include a real zone

3ba11
07-11-2022, 12:01 PM

You want me to explain why everyone's numbers change from year to year?

Who cares about why other guys didn't fit on other teams - this thread about why Westbrook and Lebron didn't fit.. So you've been caught derailing

Westbrook's numbers didn't even change that much with Lebron - it was the horrific fit and chemistry that caused losses and a bad team.

The bad fit is Lebron's fault because he lacks the skills and IQ to fit with Westbrook - he's just a Luka-style ball-dominator with bad teammate fits, so he can't win organically

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 12:08 PM
You want me to explain why everyone's numbers change from year to year?

Who cares about why other guys didn't fit on other teams - this thread about why Westbrook and Lebron didn't fit.. So you've been caught derailing

Westbrook's numbers didn't even change that much with Lebron - it was the horrific fit and chemistry that caused losses and a bad team.

The bad fit is Lebron's fault because he lacks the skills and IQ to fit with Westbrook

So you don't think Ray Allen fit with the Celtics?

Aguirre with the Bad Boys? Harden with KD and Westbrook?

If someone's numbers increase/decrease when going from one team to another does that solely speak to that player's "fit". Like Harper on the Bulls. Bad fit? Kawhi with Duncan. Whose fault was that one?

We know the answers to all of these questions.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 12:13 PM
So you don't think Ray Allen fit with the Celtics?

Aguirre with the Bad Boys? Harden with KD and Westbrook?

If someone's numbers increase/decrease when going from one team to another does that solely speak to that player's "fit". Like Harper on the Bulls. Bad fit? Kawhi with Duncan. Whose fault was that one?

We know the answers to all of these questions.

This thread isn't about the chemistry and fits of other teams

It's about the chemistry and fit of Lebron/Westbrook - the worst fit of all-time

Lebron simply lacks the IQ and skills to fit with Westbrook and be a playoff team like everyone else was with him.

So Westbrook exposed Lebron as a Luka-style ball-dominator that lacks the teammate fits, development and brand of ball to win organically

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 12:16 PM
This thread isn't about the chemistry and fits of other teams

It's about the chemistry and fit of Lebron/Westbrook - the worst fit of all-time

Lebron simply lacks the IQ and skills to fit with Westbrook and be a playoff team like everyone else was with him.

So Westbrook exposed Lebron as a Luka-style ball-dominator that lacks the teammate fits, development and brand of ball to win organically

Because you know when a guy goes from 1st to 3rd on the pecking order their numbers decrease.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 12:27 PM
Because you know when a guy goes from 1st to 3rd on the pecking order their numbers decrease.

Westbrook had good numbers alongside Lebron, but it didn't matter because the "fit" and brand of ball was horrific (your-turn-my-turn)

Lebron could only play LOSING BASKETBALL with Westbrook - he lacked the skills and IQ to do better

Lebron doesn't know what good brand of basketball is.. This season confirmed that he had the worst teammate fits ever

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 12:34 PM
Oh yea, he’s also 37 and has played more minutes than anyone in NBA history aside from Kareem.

Only you would take this as something indicative of his career.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 12:39 PM
Oh yea, he’s also 37 and has played more minutes than anyone in NBA history aside from Kareem.

Only you would take this as something indicative of his career.

In 2002, the Wizards were expected to win 18 more games than the prior year with MJ - they met this expectation

Otoh, the Lakers were supposed to win the title but were among the worst teams in the league

So Jordan always met expectation because there were no chemistry issues that caused underperformance - his teams always met expectation or even exceeded it (89', 91')

Otoh, Lebron's bad teammate fits and chemistry require extra talent - the extra talent is favored (preseason favorite) but bad brand causes the favored talent to underachieve (fall to underdog or loser)

This year was a massive embarrassment and exposed Lebron

Johnny32
07-11-2022, 12:40 PM
mj at 38 embarrassed himself in wash. what did they say..."it doesn't count he was 40"

lebron at 37 was leading the lg in scoring on record 2pt% before getting injured. what do they say....hurrr, missed playoffs with a super team, durrr

you can't argue with this level of stupidity. just troll them back...they're not even good at it.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 12:43 PM
mj at 38 embarrassed himself in wash. what did they say..."it doesn't count he was 40"

lebron at 37 was leading the lg in scoring on record 2pt% before getting injured. what do they say....hurrr, missed playoffs with a super team, durrr

you can't argue with this level of stupidity. just troll them back...they're not even good at it.

In 2002, the Wizards were expected to win 18 more games than the prior year with MJ - they met this expectation

Otoh, the Lakers were supposed to win the title but were among the worst teams in the league

So Jordan always met expectation because there were no chemistry issues that caused underperformance, whereas Lebron's frontcourt ball-dominance has horrific chemistry and always underachieves the expectation

Lebron's preseason favorites fell to Finals underdog or loser for 6 straight years (11-16') and he lost as the 1 seed in 09' and 10').. the king of underachieving the expectation

JohnMax
07-11-2022, 01:17 PM
Westbrook

2014: Durant played entire season and Westbrook's stats were down.

2015: Durant missed entire season with Jones fracture foot injury and Westbrook's stats went up.

2016: Durant played entire season and Westbrook's stats were down.

2017: Durant left the team and Westbrook's stats went up.

I suspect NBA suppressed Westbrook's stats so Durant could look like clear cut best player on the team which also explains why Dwyane Wade and Anthony Davis stats went down with Lebron.

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 01:20 PM

2015: Durant missed entire season with Jones fracture foot injury and Westbrook's stats went up.

I suspect NBA suppressed Westbrook's stats so Durant could look like clear cut best player on the team which also explains why Dwyane Wade and Anthony Davis stats went down with Lebron.

Ding ding ding

3ba11
07-11-2022, 02:29 PM

Lebron averaged 30 with Westbrook but they were among the worst teams in the league, while Durant went to the Finals with Westbrook and was a perennial contender (3-1 lead on Currygoat).

So Durant had the skills and IQ to fit with Westbrook, while Lebron doesn't.

Infact, Durant was about to win organically with Westbrook in 2012 but Lebron's colluded super-team stopped it.. Lebron's "decision" also stole organic chips from Duncan and Curry.. So people were happy in 2017 when Durant got to hand-pick the preseason favorite after Lebron did it the previous 6 years

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 03:04 PM
Lebron averaged 30 with Westbrook but they were among the worst teams in the league, while Durant went to the Finals with Westbrook and was a perennial contender (3-1 lead on Currygoat).

So Durant had the skills and IQ to fit with Westbrook, while Lebron doesn't.

Infact, Durant was about to win organically with Westbrook in 2012 but Lebron's colluded super-team stopped it.. Lebron's "decision" also stole organic chips from Duncan and Curry.. So people were happy in 2017 when Durant got to hand-pick the preseason favorite after Lebron did it the previous 6 years

The Thunder were 29th in the league in team assists in 2012 :lol

MadDog
07-11-2022, 03:22 PM

I saw that video. No offense to the narrator, who obviously put some time into this. But he sounds like a lispy nerd who's never played basketball. :oldlol: Also outs himself as a casual when claiming this era has "little flaws" and is "best defensively" lol

RRR3
07-11-2022, 03:28 PM
I saw that video. No offense to the narrator, who obviously put some time into this. But he sounds like a lispy nerd who's never played basketball. :oldlol: Also outs himself as a casual when claiming this era has "little flaws" and is "best defensively" lol
This era has plenty of flaws (Adam Silver being the biggest one IMO), but it’s factually the best offensive era in history just because teams are playing much smarter than they ever did before. Teams didn’t realize the value of the 3 for far too long. Now they do, thus the offenses are much better.

SouBeachTalents
07-11-2022, 03:43 PM
The Thunder were 29th in the league in team assists in 2012 :lol
Or the fact that he's just going to pretend that the current version of Westbrook is the same guy he was in OKC :lol

RRR3
07-11-2022, 03:43 PM
Or the fact that he's just going to pretend that the current version of Westbrook is the same guy he was in OKC :lol
Or that the current version of LeBron is the same version as 2009-2018 LeBron.

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 03:50 PM
Or that the teams outside of the Lebron/KD and Westbrook are at all comparable.

There is so much wrong with the post but I don't waste my time dissecting things 3ball says. So I thought that succinctly pointing out a blatant logic contradiction on his own end was the funniest aspect to me and the only thing worth addressing.

jlip
07-11-2022, 03:51 PM
So someone watched the Lakers last season and left thinking that it was LeBron's game that was exposed and not Westbrook's. Surrrrreee.... Yeah. That makes sense.

RRR3
07-11-2022, 03:54 PM

There is so much wrong with the post but I don't waste my time dissecting things 3ball says. So I thought that succinctly pointing out a blatant logic contradiction on his own end was the funniest aspect to me and the only thing worth addressing.
It’s really bizarre to me that he still doesn’t get that he’d be taken way more seriously if he could admit when he’s wrong. Sure, he’d still be considered a troll but he’d be way less of a joke.

And no, 3ball, changing things you say over time in order to fit your LeBron sucks agenda is not admitting you’re wrong.

RRR3
07-11-2022, 03:55 PM
So someone watched the Lakers last season and left thinking that it was LeBron's game that was exposed and not Westbrook's. Surrrrreee.... Yeah. That makes sense.
LeBron and AD literally won a ring together but it’s LeBron’s fault he can’t win with AD now that the supporting cast is different. Either KCP was the real best player on the 2020 Lakers or Westbrook is just that ****ing bad and AD has declined and is constantly injured, with LeBron being injured a lot as well. Which one is more likely?

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 08:11 PM
LeBron and AD literally won a ring together but it’s LeBron’s fault he can’t win with AD now that the supporting cast is different. Either KCP was the real best player on the 2020 Lakers or Westbrook is just that ****ing bad and AD has declined and is constantly injured, with LeBron being injured a lot as well. Which one is more likely?

It's not supposed to make sense.

3ba11
07-11-2022, 08:27 PM

Aside from MJ/Pippen, the 2nd three-peat cast was completely different

every single player was different

Now let's look at Curry - same thing - a different cast but no problem because Curry knows how to play - he understands good brand of ball.

Brand of ball and a good offensive system benefits the ROLE PLAYERS - good players can get off whenever they want - it's the role players that benefit the most from a good brand of ball.

Unfortunately, we know that Lebron has the worst-ever teammate fits EVER... the worst teammate development EVER... The worst chemistry and brand of ball EVER... so he can't win organically or have a good team with Westbrook.

So you're wrong and won't admit it, as usual.. I'm surprised that you haven't tried to completely derail the thread.. that's what you normally do when 3ball stumps you

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 08:30 PM
Aside from MJ/Pippen, the 2nd three-peat cast was completely different

every single player was different

Now let's look at Curry - same thing - a different cast but no problem because Curry knows how to play - he understands good brand of ball.

Brand of ball and a good offensive system benefits the ROLE PLAYERS - good players can get off whenever they want - it's the role players that benefit the most from a good brand of ball.

Unfortunately, we know that Lebron has the worst-ever teammate fits, teammate development, chemistry and brand of ball, so he can't win organically or have a good team with Westbrook.

So you're wrong and won't admit it, as usual.. I'm surprised that you haven't tried to completely derail the thread.. that's what you normally do when 3ball stumps you

So you're saying that Westbrook and KD in 2012 had a better brand of ball?

3ba11
07-11-2022, 08:41 PM
So you're saying that Westbrook and KD in 2012 had a better brand of ball?

KD knew how to fit with Westbrook, so both played near capacity

Otoh, Lebron is just a dumb Luka-style ball-dominator, so he has no idea how to get the best out of Westbrook.. Lebron doesn't know how to NOT step on his point guard's toes.. It's okay with Kyrie because Kyrie can play off-ball... But in this situation, Lebron needs to play off-ball but doesn't know how

The idea that the #2 player cannot play off-ball to fit with Westbrook is amazing - he simply isn't #2 or anywhere near.. Duncan would probably title with Westie... Heck, Durant was going to win organically with Westbrook, but Lebron's colluded super-team stopped it