PDA

View Full Version : Top selling jerseys in Europe

hold this L
07-11-2022, 06:30 PM
https://www.novasports.gr/sport/mpasket/event/nba/article/12489619/g-antetokounmpo-stin-5i-thesi-me-tis-pio-dimofileis-faneles/

1. Stephen Curry :pimp:
2. Ja Morant
3. Luka Dončić
4. Jimmy Butler
5. Giannis Antetokounmpo
6. LeBros James
7. Tyler Herro
8. Paul George
9. Kawhi Leonard
10. Joel Embiid

top selling franchises :

1. Lakers
2. Bulls
3. Warriors
4. Celtics
5. Heat
6. Nets
7. Bucks
8. Raptors
9. Mavericks
10. Grizzlies

Impressed to see Ja so far up to be honest.

Full Court
07-11-2022, 07:04 PM
Morant #2.......that's going to trigger some people on here. :lol

ShawkFactory
07-11-2022, 07:05 PM
Morant #2.......that's going to trigger some people on here. :lol

Why?

Spurs m8
07-11-2022, 07:20 PM
Europe recognises real.

Also, Tyler Herro what :roll:

ArbitraryWater
07-11-2022, 07:36 PM
weird ass list

cant trust it for one sec

Ja sells more than Luka?

Nothing about that makes sense.

Herro at 7? What?

LeGoat4Life
07-12-2022, 10:07 AM
Herro just sounds like a cool name to have. “Hero”

Not sure about Ja, apparently he is popular in Europe

Kblaze8855
07-12-2022, 10:15 AM
weird ass list

cant trust it for one sec

Ja sells more than Luka?

Nothing about that makes sense.

Herro at 7? What?

How many basketball fans in Europe prone to buy a jersey don’t already have a Luka one? His European fans have known him since he was like 16.

New stars and guys changing teams always get a bump.

Im looking for Jokic though. Serbian thing maybe? I’ve read European people talk shit about Serbia.

Akeem34TheDream
07-12-2022, 11:54 AM
People would either buy jerseys of players who are like similar to them(representation feeling) or absolute freaks that they would marvel at. Herro is confusing tho lol.

FultzNationRISE
07-12-2022, 12:00 PM
LMAO @ LeInternational not being #1. Good job Euro Trash, yall really know basketball :applause: :rolleyes:

bison
07-12-2022, 12:11 PM
Europeans tend to be more sophisticated than Americans, which is why Dingo tops their list and LeAmericanTrash doesn't make top 5.

FultzNationRISE
07-12-2022, 12:23 PM
Europeans tend to be more sophisticated than Americans, which is why Dingo tops their list and LeAmericanTrash doesn't make top 5.

You just earned yourself a date with my office, mister.

Now GET IN THERE.

Im looking for Jokic though. Serbian thing maybe? I’ve read European people talk shit about Serbia.

some do just like some americans do because there are uneducated bigots and bootlickers of the system everywhere

People would either buy jerseys of players who are like similar to them(representation feeling) or absolute freaks that they would marvel at. Herro is confusing tho lol.

your representation theory already provides the answer

the large majority of europeans are white and herro is white

the people are retarded theory would explain why it's not jokic

FultzNationRISE
07-12-2022, 12:32 PM
some do just like some americans do because there are uneducated bigots and bootlickers of the system everywhere

your representation theory already provides the answer

the large majority of europeans are white and herro is white

the people are retarded theory would explain why it's not jokic

Not in western europe :lol :(

FKAri
07-12-2022, 12:47 PM
It's not just popularity but also recency. Steph is one of, if not the most popular player on the planet. And he just won. Morant just had a great playoffs as did Luka. KD and Kyrie are popular but no one felt compelled to go out there and get a jersey after their showing in the playoffs. Still Herro is surprising as is Paul George. LeBros probably sold well because people confused him for LeBron.

Not in western europe :lol :(

there too

It's not just popularity but also recency. Steph is one of, if not the most popular player on the planet. And he just won. Morant just had a great playoffs as did Luka. KD and Kyrie are popular but no one felt compelled to go out there and get a jersey after their showing in the playoffs. Still Herro is surprising as is Paul George. LeBros probably sold well because people confused him for LeBron.

i wouldn't underestimate the fact that even people like kd have said they initially thought curry was white

paul george perhaps benefits to an extent from the la effect

the perception being america is a bunch of swamp and cornfields in between ny and la

exceptions are made for europeans like giannis playing in milwaukee or a few other extraordinary players caught in the middle of nowhere relatively speaking

there too

i wouldn't underestimate the fact that even people like kd have said they initially thought curry was white

paul george perhaps benefits to an extent from the la effect

the perception being america is a bunch of swamp and cornfields in between ny and la

exceptions are made for europeans like giannis playing in milwaukee or a few other extraordinary players caught in the middle of nowhere relatively speaking

another theory would be miami is considered hip and herro and butler benefit from that perception so two birds with one stone

perhaps will smith helped spread the idea initially in the 90s and lebron solidified it with the decision

ja is the little skinny guy with explosive speed/jumping ability who doesn't play defense so there's always a niche for that

simultaneously relatable and fantastical for a lot of people

hence why ai loves him so much

a theory to account for kd and kyrie missing would be despite both being in ny they have worn out their welcome by being either crazy or a snake

fsvr54
07-12-2022, 02:32 PM
Where the hell is Jokic lol?

Way to support your own Europe. Y'all talk a lot but don't even support your own superstars.

Where's Dragic and Bogdanovic too? Nurkic?

zeerghit
07-12-2022, 02:37 PM
Where the hell is Jokic lol?

Way to support your own Europe. Y'all talk a lot but don't even support your own superstars.

Where's Dragic and Bogdanovic too? Nurkic?

Serbia i think its one of the most disliked country in all europe
Dragic its too old and washed
Bogdanovic nobody likes him
Nurkic less name than jokic + balkans aswell

rawimpact
07-12-2022, 02:40 PM
Screw the list, give me numbers. I'm not going to that greek site...

embiid barely sneaking into the top 10 despite being the runner up for mvp 2 years in a row is interesting

it wasn't that long ago various european countries colonized almost all of africa so to say there may be some anti-african bias is a vast understatement

Wally450
07-12-2022, 04:28 PM
I've always felt the Celtics were liked by people outside of the US. This helps, even though its only one portion of the globe.

Full Court
07-12-2022, 06:08 PM
Why?

You haven't seen? Any positive thread about Morant draws a disproportionate amount of haters out of the woodwork.

FKAri
07-12-2022, 06:12 PM
embiid barely sneaking into the top 10 despite being the runner up for mvp 2 years in a row is interesting

it wasn't that long ago various european countries colonized almost all of africa so to say there may be some anti-african bias is a vast understatement

Big men don't sell. Hence no Embiid and no Jokic. No coincidence the league has increasingly catered to the little guys over the years. It's good for business.

Big men don't sell. Hence no Embiid and no Jokic. No coincidence the league has increasingly catered to the little guys over the years. It's good for business.

good point

although giannis is quite big and moved up to 5th from 9th

there are probably multiple elements to any potential explanation

or you have to take it on a case by case basis assuming we don't throw our hands up in the air and proclaim there is no accounting for taste