PDA

View Full Version : Luka Doncic signed a 5 year / $215,159,700 contract with the Dallas Mavericks

Doomsday Dallas
07-12-2022, 09:12 PM
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/luka-doncic-26969/

Luka Doncic will be playing in Dallas for the next 5 years.

in 2022, Luka Doncic will be playing in Dallas

in 2023, Luka will be playing in Dallas

in 2024, still in Dallas

2025... Dallas

2026 and going into 2027... Luka will still be playing with the DALLAS Mavericks.

I don't understand the constant talk of Luka leaving Dallas because the MAVS didn't build him an immediate empire, or immediately team him up with a player that has the same amount of talent.

It's just wishful thinking. He's not going anywhere... and if he does leave Dallas... it will be in Summer of 2027 once he becomes a Free Agent.

If the Mavericks just play their cards right and manage the cap figures correctly... They should be legit contenders in 2024, 2025, and 2026... Prime Luka with the perfect team and teammate.

The future is very bright, and signing Brunson... could've interfered with the long term agenda at stake.

I'll say this... if he leaves Dallas in 2027 without winning a championship... I'm not gonna hate.

If he were to somehow leave Dallas after getting us a ring... I might be a little upset with that decision.

GOBB
07-12-2022, 09:33 PM
Bright? Have you seen the starting 5. Lol

Kblaze8855
07-12-2022, 09:36 PM
What about the league we all watch makes you think a contract means you will finish it where you signed?

I’m not saying he won’t but him having a contract is barely even worth mentioning at this point.

Its like saying wedding rings mean people only sleep with one person. Ideally…ok. Based on the world we have? Eh….

highwhey
07-12-2022, 09:41 PM
i have a huge resentment towards the phoenix top brass for picking ayton over luka. since the moment we had the number one pick, i was clear about my desire to choose luka because he has the "it" factor. ayton may have the better physical gifts, but he doesn't have the drive to be great. i was ridiculed in r/suns. i was met with opposition along the likes of "how often do you see a 7 footer with ayton's physical talents?" and my response was firm every single time: how many times do you see a player want to win more than breathing oxygen?

Doomsday Dallas
07-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Bright? Have you seen the starting 5. Lol

Very Bright.

I fully expect us to be legit contenders in the last 3 years of Luka's contract.

Luka will be in his prime... and the team will be better suited for him.

We have an Owner that is pretty determined as well... don't sleep on Cuban.

iamgine
07-12-2022, 10:07 PM
Dallas just need that second star to come.

Spurs m8
07-13-2022, 01:46 AM
Let's hope he doesn't go Kawhi b1tch mode

Or AD b1tch mode

Or Harden b1tch mode

Phoenix
07-13-2022, 06:25 AM
What about the league we all watch makes you think a contract means you will finish it where you signed?

I’m not saying he won’t but him having a contract is barely even worth mentioning at this point.

Its like saying wedding rings mean people only sleep with one person. Ideally…ok. Based on the world we have? Eh….

Perfect analogy.

DMAVS41
07-13-2022, 07:25 AM
Very Bright.

I fully expect us to be legit contenders in the last 3 years of Luka's contract.

Luka will be in his prime... and the team will be better suited for him.

We have an Owner that is pretty determined as well... don't sleep on Cuban.

I'll stop sleeping on Cuban when he does something noteworthy with a roster around Luka...it's been almost 20 years since the Mavericks had a truly high end supporting cast like we did in the 2003 season.

They just lost Jalen Brunson for nothing because they wouldn't extend him for 4/55 a year ago. Even if you don't think he's that good...that contract is so small it is almost impossible for it to not be an asset.

Determined? Yes. Good at surrounding his all-time great player with consistent legit championship level help? Not since 2003.

Doomsday Dallas
07-31-2022, 11:00 AM
https://c.tenor.com/0Y9oPUKDaSkAAAAM/luka-doncic-dallas-mavricks.gif

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1xEjcKnxoZI

https://c.tenor.com/qjW5Dlm3L5UAAAAd/dirk-nowitzki-luka-doncic.gif

FilmyCogTurner
07-31-2022, 12:10 PM
Not sure about that brightness either my friend and I have watched 90% of the Mavs games since they drafted Luka. I love the pieces individually and all great guys but every team already has their own versions of those exact players. It's going to be tough to bring Luka some help and I really hope they can do it.

i have a huge resentment towards the phoenix top brass for picking ayton over luka. since the moment we had the number one pick, i was clear about my desire to choose luka because he has the "it" factor. ayton may have the better physical gifts, but he doesn't have the drive to be great. i was ridiculed in r/suns. i was met with opposition along the likes of "how often do you see a 7 footer with ayton's physical talents?" and my response was firm every single time: how many times do you see a player want to win more than breathing oxygen?

I agree. Seems like everyone at the time was saying "what about Booker?" and the first thing I thought that's why the league allows trades.

Right away the Suns could have flipped Booker for Towns and both teams win. Luka is paired up. Towns new start. Booker quality piece for Minny to build around at the time.

Ghost1
07-31-2022, 01:40 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/SQM70NwV/dfgdgf.jpg

hold this L
07-31-2022, 03:24 PM
Mans is looking like a mafia son's boss. Like he's about to take over like the Godfather.

imdaman99
07-31-2022, 03:36 PM
He's great and he deserves all that money. But he's gonna be a hard player to surround with a 2nd star. Which player that isn't better than him could complement him and push them to championship level? Nevertheless, they just got to the conference finals so I'm prob hot-taking saying that.

hold this L
08-01-2022, 01:15 AM
He's great and he deserves all that money. But he's gonna be a hard player to surround with a 2nd star. Which player that isn't better than him could complement him and push them to championship level? Nevertheless, they just got to the conference finals so I'm prob hot-taking saying that.

Trae also made a conference finals. Mavs weren't an actual contender last postseason.

baudkarma
08-01-2022, 02:30 PM
Dallas just need that second star to come.

That's the problem. In their entire history, the Mavs have never managed to attract a top-tier free agent. I don't know why not... Dallas is a nice place to live, there's no state income tax, the fans are pretty undemanding, Cuban wants the team to be a winner and is willing to spend money to make that happen. But big name free agents either don't even consider Dallas, or they visit and listen to the teams sales pitch before deciding to sign somewhere else. I wouldn't be surprised if the team is still looking for that second option three years from now, and Luka decides he's wasted enough time here and forces his way out of town.

FilmyCogTurner
08-01-2022, 03:32 PM
Name some players that would be good fits next to Luka. To make things easier who cares about contracts and trade scenarios, although the more realistic the better.

Simple answer is AD... yes, of course however someone like John Collins is more realistic and I think would be a great fit.

NBAGOAT
08-01-2022, 06:17 PM
Name some players that would be good fits next to Luka. To make things easier who cares about contracts and trade scenarios, although the more realistic the better.

Simple answer is AD... yes, of course however someone like John Collins is more realistic and I think would be a great fit.

John Collins wouldn’t even be the 2nd best player on the Mavs, he’s not moving the needle. Any type of star would make Dallas better even if the fit isn’t ideal. The pnr big like AD like you said but even an ayton type would’ve helped a bit. a 2 way wing who can score but doesn’t always need the ball Paul George is ideal but can be someone like Middleton. You can go 18 rockets route and just get another ball handler(basically someone better than brunson). Pretty much any pg would work

FilmyCogTurner
08-01-2022, 06:49 PM
A rim runner with three point shooting wouldn't move the needle? Who in your opinion is the second best player on the team?

NBAGOAT
08-01-2022, 09:42 PM
A rim runner with three point shooting wouldn't move the needle? Who in your opinion is the second best player on the team?

collins isnt anything special as a defender and cant score that well without getting assisted. an elite 3nD guy like finney-smith or a ball handler like dinwiddie(when he's playing well) can be argued as more impactful

FilmyCogTurner
08-01-2022, 11:01 PM
collins isnt anything special as a defender and cant score that well without getting assisted. an elite 3nD guy like finney-smith or a ball handler like dinwiddie(when he's playing well) can be argued as more impactful

Exactly, Luka is one of the most ball dominant assist man in the game which is why I think it would be a good fit. And I don't think you can definitely say who is more impactful between those three players.